Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Feb 2017 at 9:57 PM
Has anyone successfully done an Uglacy in Sims 4?
Not sure if this should be posted in the Challenges subforum? That seems to be more for posting new challenge rules. I want to do an uglacy but not sure if I want to put forth the time and effort if the game's genetics aren't going to really allow it.

If you're not familiar with uglacies, it's a variation on Pinstar's standard Legacy Challenge that was created by a woman named Candi back in the Sims 2 days (I suddenly feel old!). Basically the same rules, but you start with an attractive founder and intentionally have them marry the ugliest townie/NPC you can find, in an attempt to produce the ugliest offspring possible by generation 10.

I'm wondering if it's even possible to do a proper uglacy in Sims 4? As the game seems to be overly kind to randomized Sims and makes them all too pretty. Or at least average. Very rarely do I come across an unattractive Sim. Plus I don't think TS4 genetics have the same Punnett square style genetics as TS2, so I don't think extreme facial features are as likely to be carried down through multiple generations. I could be wrong about that though? Hair, skin, and eye colors seem to inherit in some kind of semi-logical way, but I don't know that I've seen the same happen with, say, a specific cheekbone size or shape. At least not through multiple generations.

I've tried searching around for examples of a Sims 4 uglacy and all I've found are prettacies mistakenly labeled as uglacies, or Youtube videos that never actually make it to the point of finding a mate. Has anyone tried this in Sims 4, and if so what were your results?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 24th Feb 2017 at 10:33 PM
I haven't tried it, but I've definitely had some funky results before, so I don't see why it wouldn't be possible.

Paolo Rocca, for example, is basically guaranteed ugly for any offspring of his.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Feb 2017 at 12:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Dorsal Axe
Paolo Rocca, for example, is basically guaranteed ugly for any offspring of his.

Oh, I've heard that about Paolo! I will have to keep him in mind if I do the challenge. I could see some of the premade resident Sims that come with the game and all the packs having some ugly kids, I guess. Since they were custom created by the game developers to have specific features. But once all the premade Sims die off, I'm not sure the randomized townies would have sufficiently ugly genes. I might have to try anyway!