Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Feb 2017 at 4:03 PM
Default Controllable butler?
I was curious to see if it was possible to have a sim that would act as a butler. I'm not sure how butlers work, but i was wondering if they had a trait, like the vampire trait, and if it was possible to give that trait to a playable sim. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 25th Feb 2017 at 8:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ajshn
I was curious to see if it was possible to have a sim that would act as a butler. I'm not sure how butlers work, but i was wondering if they had a trait, like the vampire trait, and if it was possible to give that trait to a playable sim. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

If you have Get together, you may make a club, with cleaning, cooking, and repairing activities, then make two (unless you have a mod, that allows clubs to have only one member) of your sims members of this club, set their club clothing the Butler's uniform (or other servant clothing/livery of your liking), and voila, you have your own servants. I usually go with one male (in traditional butler tuxedo), and one female (in a french maid outfit).
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Feb 2017 at 9:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Eggyslav
If you have Get together, you may make a club, with cleaning, cooking, and repairing activities, then make two (unless you have a mod, that allows clubs to have only one member) of your sims members of this club, set their club clothing the Butler's uniform (or other servant clothing/livery of your liking), and voila, you have your own servants. I usually go with one male (in traditional butler tuxedo), and one female (in a french maid outfit).

Thats a great idea!
Scholar
#4 Old 26th Feb 2017 at 4:55 PM
I remember watching LGR's review of Get Together. He said that he created clubs in order to force sims to work for him for free, and love doing it. I wondered how that was possible and this must be it. It was kind of funny, but a bit dark. He said he created a cult of sims that worshipped him as their leader and they slaved away all day cleaning his house and cooking for him for no pay. And they liked doing it.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Feb 2017 at 6:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kewpie
I remember watching LGR's review of Get Together. He said that he created clubs in order to force sims to work for him for free, and love doing it. I wondered how that was possible and this must be it. It was kind of funny, but a bit dark. He said he created a cult of sims that worshipped him as their leader and they slaved away all day cleaning his house and cooking for him for no pay. And they liked doing it.

Creepy, but effective!