Locked thread | Replies: 44 (Who?), Viewed: 17321 times. | Locked by: Faylen Reason: To prevent further necromancy.
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jan 2005 at 3:15 PM Last edited by Leman0 : 17th Jan 2005 at 11:51 AM.
Trying to make hot pants
I have a little problem. I'm trying to make a set of hot pants. Basically what I want to do is make pair of figure hugging jean shorts which can be worn with a seperate top. Now, I've figured out how to make the jean shorts, as well as making them skin tight, but I can't get bodyshop to recognise them as being short/pants. They are always a complete outfit and therefore I can't choose a seperate top. Is there any way to achive my goal?

"Y'know, you guys are so unhip it's a wonder your bums don't fall off." ~Zaphod Beeblebrox
Advertisement
Banned
#2 Old 7th Jan 2005 at 3:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leman0
I have a little problem. I'm trying to make a set of hot pants. Basically what I want to do is make pair of figure hugging jean shorts which can be worn with a seperate top. Now, I've figured out how to make the jean shorts, as well as making them skin tight, but I can't get bodyshop to recognise them as being short/pants. They are always a complete outfit and therefore I can't choose a seperate top. Is there any way to achive my goal?


A short answer: NO.

There is no skintight mesh for lower body that can be used in Body Shop. When in debug mode in CAS you can see a nude lower body for females, but there is AFAIK no way to export it for use in Body Shop. Believe me, I've tried...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Jan 2005 at 4:27 PM Last edited by Leman0 : 17th Jan 2005 at 11:51 AM.
Nuts. I guess we'll have to wait for mesh editing to finally become available to us.

In the meantime I'll just have to content myself with creating complete outfits.

"Y'know, you guys are so unhip it's a wonder your bums don't fall off." ~Zaphod Beeblebrox
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 8th Jan 2005 at 4:20 AM
I will try to make them. I am new to the Sims 2 and editing...but I have...interesting methods. SO you want skintight pants that are only pants? Tell me everything about them that you want and I will try. No promises though. Like I said; i am new...
I will start when I get a reply.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Jan 2005 at 2:38 PM Last edited by Leman0 : 17th Jan 2005 at 11:51 AM.
First time attaching images, so please bear with me.

The first image is an actual pair of hot pants, so you can all see what I'm trying to make.



The second image shows my first attempt at converting a pair of jean shorts into hot pants. While the skin itself is fine, and the hot pants are treated as a seperate piece of clothing from the top the mannequin is wearing, they are using the mesh from the jean shorts and there is an ugly line right where the bottom edge of the jean shorts should be.



The third image shows the hot pants as I'd like them to appear. As you can see there is no seperate top, and as far as I know, no way to get the game to recognise them as being seperate from a top.


"Y'know, you guys are so unhip it's a wonder your bums don't fall off." ~Zaphod Beeblebrox
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 8th Jan 2005 at 6:00 PM
I will try but I don't think that I can do that. Sorry.
Guest
#7 Old 11th Jan 2005 at 12:20 AM
or make them golden like this..she's spinning around
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 11th Jan 2005 at 6:52 AM
I was away over the weakend and I have school and all but this looks more realistic. I will do this next time I have free time. Don't get your hopes up though, like I said; I am new to skinning... If I can't do it I hope that someone else will help you...
Good luck, hope you get your pants.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 12th Jan 2005 at 12:58 AM
One more thing...Can you upload what you have so far? Just the alphas and normal thingies...
Thanks, those will help me as a base for when I do it. Again; thanks and good luck.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 13th Jan 2005 at 8:27 PM Last edited by Leman0 : 17th Jan 2005 at 11:51 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kienan
One more thing...Can you upload what you have so far? Just the alphas and normal thingies...
Thanks, those will help me as a base for when I do it. Again; thanks and good luck.


No need. I simply used the alpha from this: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=30554
Modified slightly to black out the bra.

"Y'know, you guys are so unhip it's a wonder your bums don't fall off." ~Zaphod Beeblebrox
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 13th Jan 2005 at 9:04 PM
OK. Like I said before; I am busy and new to skinning; don't get your hopes up. I will try though. You could also be trying though, especially since you know exactly what you want...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 14th Jan 2005 at 12:00 AM Last edited by Leman0 : 17th Jan 2005 at 11:51 AM.
Um, no offence m8, but I think you may have missed the point of the thread.

I'm not having trouble creating the skin itself. It's getting the skin to show as skin tight while being seperate from the top that's causing me problems. I've tried a few things, but to get what I want I really need someone with good SimPE skills.

I've asked for help in this thread: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=37893

"Y'know, you guys are so unhip it's a wonder your bums don't fall off." ~Zaphod Beeblebrox
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 14th Jan 2005 at 1:08 AM
Well, you can't do that. And, as Allan said already
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan Akbar
A short answer: NO.

There is no skintight mesh for lower body that can be used in Body Shop. When in debug mode in CAS you can see a nude lower body for females, but there is AFAIK no way to export it for use in Body Shop. Believe me, I've tried...

They are pretty close to mesh import breakthrough though. They have done it but it is in closed beta. I did not get in.
I thought you wanted help... Nevermind. You cannot, yet, acomplish what you want.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 14th Jan 2005 at 7:09 AM Last edited by Leman0 : 17th Jan 2005 at 11:52 AM.
I can't, but someone else can. It's already been done with the various 'work' clothes so it must be possible.

"Y'know, you guys are so unhip it's a wonder your bums don't fall off." ~Zaphod Beeblebrox
Banned
#15 Old 14th Jan 2005 at 7:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leman0
I can't, but someone else can. It's already been done with the various 'work' clothes so it must be possible.


No it mustn't. For all we know it might not even be a mesh of it's own, just the lower part of the full nude mesh. Which would explain why it can only be used in Body Shop as part of a complete sim exported with SimPE.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 14th Jan 2005 at 7:39 AM Last edited by Leman0 : 17th Jan 2005 at 11:52 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan Akbar
No it mustn't. For all we know it might not even be a mesh of it's own, just the lower part of the full nude mesh. Which would explain why it can only be used in Body Shop as part of a complete sim exported with SimPE.


If it were only the lower part of the full nude mesh then surely it wouldn't be possible to select a seperate top. If only I had some skill with SimPE, then I could find out for sure, one way or the other.

"Y'know, you guys are so unhip it's a wonder your bums don't fall off." ~Zaphod Beeblebrox
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 17th Jan 2005 at 10:14 AM Last edited by Leman0 : 17th Jan 2005 at 11:52 AM.
I DID IT! WOOHOO! :dance:

Followed the tutorial here:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=38392
and I was able to make a skin which uses the skin-tight bottom mesh.

Attached is the skin which uses the skin-tight body mesh. Just use it in bodyshop as the base for any new skin-tight bottoms you want.
Download - please read all instructions before downloading any files!
File Type: zip afBottomNaked.zip (49.3 KB, 421 downloads) - View custom content

"Y'know, you guys are so unhip it's a wonder your bums don't fall off." ~Zaphod Beeblebrox
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 17th Jan 2005 at 3:13 PM
Excellent, now let's see what you and Allan come up with, i'm sure someone will make one as a Bottomless Skin for their sims.
Banned
#19 Old 17th Jan 2005 at 3:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maw3193
Excellent, now let's see what you and Allan come up with, i'm sure someone will make one as a Bottomless Skin for their sims.


Just a five minute job. The legs should probably be cut higher. The hotpants and the tops are separate.
Screenshots
Banned
#20 Old 17th Jan 2005 at 8:19 PM Last edited by Allan Akbar : 17th Jan 2005 at 10:45 PM. Reason: Added pics
When finished hotpants using the afNudeBottom could look something like this (the top and the bottom are separate)......
Screenshots
Test Subject
#21 Old 23rd Jan 2005 at 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leman0
I DID IT! WOOHOO! :dance:

Followed the tutorial here:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=38392
and I was able to make a skin which uses the skin-tight bottom mesh.

Attached is the skin which uses the skin-tight body mesh. Just use it in bodyshop as the base for any new skin-tight bottoms you want.


Can you extract the top and full body versions as well?
Banned
#22 Old 23rd Jan 2005 at 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiSim
Can you extract the top and full body versions as well?


Download a pack of "nude clothing", such as the one at Allan's site and you have skintight meshes for all ages from child to elder. Tops and full bodies.
Test Subject
#23 Old 23rd Jan 2005 at 6:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kent2
Download a pack of "nude clothing", such as the one at Allan's site and you have skintight meshes for all ages from child to elder. Tops and full bodies.


I've made my own nude clothes but that's not what I want. I want the skin or whatever it's called when a sim is actually nude. You know, like when they shower or take a bath. That's the best way to get skintight clothes. I already made a pair of jeans for sims that would make a gyno blush. That and they make their job so much easier.

Hava nagila, have two nagila, have three nagila, they're pretty small.
Banned
#24 Old 23rd Jan 2005 at 6:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiSim
I've made my own nude clothes but that's not what I want. I want the skin or whatever it's called when a sim is actually nude. You know, like when they shower or take a bath. That's the best way to get skintight clothes. I already made a pair of jeans for sims that would make a gyno blush. That and they make their job so much easier.


?????

Allan's nude clothing is simply a transparent layer over the nude, skintight, body mesh, the very same skintight body mesh that you see when they shower or whatever. Start a new project in BodyShop, export his nude clothing, replace the textures with the clothing texture you want to use and you have skintight clothes, directly on the nude skintight mesh that you're after.

So what's the problem?
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 23rd Jan 2005 at 7:41 PM
In PsP I use the push tool Sometimes where the orginal outfit line is wont show and as in a skirt will become a miniskirt and sometimes the orginal line for the skirt will still be visible
Locked thread | Locked by: Faylen Reason: To prevent further necromancy.
Page 1 of 2
Back to top