Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jun 2007 at 11:51 PM Last edited by homesbyhelen : 27th Jun 2007 at 5:14 PM.
Default How To Build a Bridge On the Second Floor
I was asked how I made a bridge in one of my uploads. Here I will show you guys how I did it. It is basically a bridge on the second floor. For an example, The Brownstone, by me. (this is not by any way a form of advertising.)

Let's Get Started!

Step 1: Go to an empty lot (any size), and use the wall too to build two rooms, as shown:

Step 2: Go to the second level and build two rooms right on top of the ones you just built.

Step 3: Put columns in a row like shown where you want to put your bridge. For example, I want to build my bridge in the middle of the two rooms, so I put columns in the middle.

Step 4: Go to the second level and put tiles (any kind of flooring you want, it can be changed later) over the columns.

Step 5: Add decorative fencing, as it will be easier before deleting the columns to do so (Thanks, Patul!). Now go back to the first level and delete the columns, then press Shift+Ctrl+C, then, in the white box that comes up, enter this cheat:
boolProp constrainFloorElevation false, exactly as written here:

Step 6: As you can see, I outlined where the columns used to be with this pink tile.
Now this is where the tricky part comes. Use the Raise Ground terrain tool to raise the right sides of the first tile as shown:

Step 7: Then, use the Flatten Ground terrain tool to flatten what you just raised from the second tile to the second to last tile. (from left to right! direction is always important)

Step 8: Now do the same as in Step 6, but to the right sides of the second tile. It should look like this:

Note: Keep doing this to the right sides of every tile, until you get to the middle (if you want it pointy. remember: the closer to the middle you stop, the pointier the bridge will be.) I don't want mine to be pointy, so mine looks like this:

Second Level

Step 9: Turn off the cheat by opening the cheat box again remember Shift+Ctrl+C, then type boolProp constrainFloor Elevation true
After you do that (be sure you do this After you turn off the cheat!), flatten the ground on the first floor as shown:

Step 10: Go to the second floor and see your bridge!

"The only stupid question is the question you don't ask."
- Unknown
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 26th Jun 2007 at 11:06 AM
Well done tut homesbyhelen, thank you.

Perhaps could you add that it is easier to add the fences before delecting the columns?

You know a site allowing re-upload of free build/buy stuff in lots ? Help us to update the list !

* Plus j'échoue plus je m'approche de la réussite
* The more I fail the more I approach the success

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Test Subject
#3 Old 16th Feb 2012 at 7:47 PM
Thank Youz ;]