Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#76 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 11:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Aya_Alexa
LOL! sorry didn't know. i wish they put a gender sign below our avatar so we will know.

@TRIriana: its a robot. i decided that since she really wasn't military trained like the others but she knows self defense, and doesn't know anything about Earth i made a guide come with her. so atleast she has knowledge. is that allowed?

I will allow that.

And it's no problem at all Moonstream!
Advertisement
Scholar
#77 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 2:42 PM
Default clw8 - Round 1
Round 1
Bailyn Gem
----
----
Preparation
----
As I lay here, the mind boggling reality of the situation kicks in. What will I find on planet Earth? Will I make it there safely? Will I be safe once I get there, or will I be poked, proded, and studied until their little under developed minds are content? What happens if I never make it back to Solarojo? Will I ever see my nurturing environment again, or will I be forced to live a savage on a distant planet? As all of these questions feel my head, I can't help but to feel worried, scared, and angry. Yes, I am now angry that I got picked. Why me? Do I look like the perfect candidate for this thing? I'm really not sure any more. However, I don't want to be a let down. I can't be a let down to myself or my planet. I must do this.

Deciding what to bring, and saying goodbye to all I'll leave may be the hardest part. I've lived all of my life safely behind these walls with everything I have ever needed to survive. Now that I am being sent away from it all, what will I do? What if it is impossible for me to substain life in a far and distant place with out all of these things? But, surely they wouldn't send me off, knowing that I will die, would they? Oh gosh, what if this is a termination mission; a way to heroically destroy me? I guess I should get a hold of myself though. They chose me, and if I want that freedom, then I need to take it like an adult. I'm not a child any more, and so, I must do this. I must go to planet Earth.

----
Arival
----
I have arrived with a big shock. I landed an a sand and water oasis. In all directions all I see is water. This is a big difference from what Solarojo's water is like. Also the sand here is much, much hotter. The sun here is equally as hot, and extremely bright. The sand is filled with small sharp shards of something: is this a method to keep humans out of the water? There is vegetation growing everywhere, much unlike Solarojo. I have also came across a few small slimey things that came up from the water. I started to touch one of them, just to be curious, but they it started flopping around, and went back out into the never ending body of water. Was this a species of human? A pet? Food? I'm not sure, but I will remember that next time I shall look, not try to touch.

I have been rummaging around in the sand for a while, and decided to take a rest. The temperature on this place is so much hotter than Solarojo, and have found it hard to seek any means of cooling off. I know that the water is a no-no, because like I have said, I'd be cut up by all those shards. I have decided that sitting beside one of these large vegetation objects is the best place to be. It shields the sun ever so slightly, and provides a nice back support. I took the time to pay more attention to the water, and noticed that it makes racket. Yes, it moves back and forth, and is appearing to get higher up on the sand. Something tells me that this is not the place I should stay during the night.

This is it for now. I think that I have found out all I have to find thus far. I do hope that my report was satisfactory, and has not been an embarrisment to my dear and loving Solarojo. I will stand by here, until my next mission, if one is to be given. Until then,
Bailyn Gem
----
----
clw8

Sims, like life, is very unpredictable. One minute you're eating four day old pizza, and then the repo-man steals your only sofa and you're in tears. ...then the food poison kicks in.
Field Researcher
#78 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 10:21 PM Last edited by jj1010 : 5th Jun 2009 at 2:00 PM.
Default Aya Andromeda ~ JJ1010 ~ Round One
- Preparation -

After I finally accepted everything the man said and agreed to undertake the mission he left and told me I had 2 hours to prepare.

| Goodbye, Nobody |

I traded up my red, silk, dress for a comfortable shirt and vest with striped pants and combat boots. I pinned up my hair and looked in the mirror. I prepared my courage for all the goodbye's I was going to have to say-- when it struck me. I had no one to say goodbye to. In all my years in the military I never stopped to make friends. Not once.
Wow.

I brushed the thought aside and continued to prepare.

| Blast Off |

The two hours went by quite fast and It only seemed like a matter of minutes before I was sitting in the spaceship looking down at Escuro. I noticed there was only a few other people in the ship with me. The pilot, the man from Alien Inc, and an attractive young Escurion man who I learned was named Blayne. I talked to Blayne a while, he was very nice. He, like me had worked in the military for a few years but as a lesser rank than I. I sat in my chair, bored, talked to Blayne a bit, got up, moved around a bit, sat down again, talked to Blayne some more; then finally we reached Earth.
From the outside it didn't look all that different from our planet. I expected a more obvious difference, but had yet to find one. It was made primarily of water with mixed blocks of land, similar to Escuro, it had areas of upraised land, also like Escuro, and a number of other things.

Hm. Maybe Earth wasn't so different after all.

- Arrival -

| Landing |

I was beamed down into a city. The first thing I noticed was: the brightness. Even in some of Escuro's lightest hours and with the assistance of the mechanical lights, it's not as bright as this! The second thing I noticed where my surroundings. I was standing in a small sectioned off area of land. A nature reserve of some sort--well a very small one. It contained a tree, a few small plants, and some sort of wooden seating. Also, the ground was covered in hundreds off short, green spikes. What's it called... grass. Yes grass, now I remember. Back in elemantary school we were taught of Earth and it's general structure. I turned and walked towards two buildings behind me. They looked funny. They were tall and slender, and contained several rectanglular holes covered by some sort of transparent material. I walked towards what I thought was the entrance and was about to enter when I heard a noice. Talking! Uh-oh!
| Encounter |

I ran into a small crack between the buildings and pressed myself against the wall. There was two voices, a man's and a woman's. I listened for a short while as the footsteps got closer and closer, entranced. I listened, and listened and then they stopped. One last word was said from them both and then the footsteps began again. Only one person walked this time. I coiled up ready to attack if they saw me. The footsteps approached closer... closer. They were right next to me now. Then.... a woman walked by, she was tall and had light brown hair. I waited, tense. But she continued to walk by.
Phewf.

Stupid, stupid, stupid. I thought at myself.
I must find a place to rest. I inched deeper into the crack until I reached a wall. I crouched down and lay to rest, though I doubted I'd get any sleep at all. I tried to relax, and I slowly drifted off. . .
Field Researcher
#79 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 11:41 PM
There, I believe my R2 is done now. Oh and a few things, the word patch and patches auto linked to some EAxis thing, so that isn't part of the story, sorry and I can't find out how to make it go away. And the other thing is that in the 3rd photo the street is showing in the background, I just noticed that now and I am far to lazy to go take the picture again.
Field Researcher
#80 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 12:03 AM Last edited by Meeka : 3rd Jun 2009 at 12:28 AM.
Default Meeka - Application
I hope I am not too late to join?

I'd just like to state that I absolutely stink at story telling but this was too good to miss out on so I‘ll try my best.

------------------

Name: D36 60010 (D36 for short)
Planet: Oylus

Oylus is a white planet surrounded by a layer of gas. The conditions are very harsh. Oylians (people of Oylus) suffer from searing heat on one half of the planet and extreme cold on the other. Where the two parts of the planet meet is ideal conditions but only the Royal family of Oylus are allowed there.

(Image is by funerium at Deviantart)

Background:
I am from a long line of famous and successful scientists and explorers and still am carrying on that tradition. I am curious about most things and so I tend to study and learn everything very quickly which in turn means I have skills in quite a few things! My greatest achievement so far is being accepted into Aliens Inc to study and discover new worlds.

This is my mug shot. I am quite a good looking Oylian don’t you think?

Though I am very serious about studying and learning new things, I do know how to relax and enjoy myself. This is me posing and having some fun. Yup this is all me….

This was when I was told that I was off to study Earth. I was so happy and excited. I was literally bouncing off the walls. Of all the Oylians, I, D36 60010 (and not the snotty C36 50015, my rival and colleague at Aliens Inc who thinks they are better than me) was picked to study the primitive and savage Earth.

---------------

If this ok, please can I choose Museum for my next round?
Scholar
Original Poster
#81 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 12:12 AM
Thanks for joining, Meeka! I will reserve Museum for you.
Lab Assistant
#82 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 12:55 AM
TRIriana,
I'd hate to see your contest close, so I think that I'll come out of lurk-mode and throw my hat in. I don't usually do Aliens and such, but my 15 year old son is on his head for me to give it a try. I see that you're in the U.K. so I hope that I can calculate the zone differences and get my app in on time. (I'm Eastern Daylight-USA).
Lab Assistant
#83 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 1:08 AM
I closed my eyes and let the blue light wash over me. It felt cold against my skin, but there was something else, something...not quite right... With a shock I realized what had unsettled me, it was alive! The light slithered across my skin and I felt tiny legs finding purchase on my arm hairs, now standing on end, as it crawled. Whatever was in the light was all over me. My eyes flew open in fear. I tried to look down at my body, tried to move to get whatever space-bug had found me off my skin, but I couldn't. I was frozen by some force outside myself. Terror flooded through me, making me more aware of my surroundings. That was when I saw it. Outside of the ring of blue light there was space. And only space. I was about to die, there was nothing I could do. I was frozen, this time in shock, complete terror for my life, and believe it or not, awe. I stared out at the stars, waiting for my moment to come, counting my breaths, wondering if each one was my last. I closed my eyes in resignation. And then, all of a sudden, it was over. My feet hit solid ground. The shock of it knocked the breath out of me and I fell to the floor, a hard floor, a floor made of space metal, like the floors in my training bubble had been. As I lay gasping for air, I was able to look about the room. There were the same old space metal walls that I was used to, but above me were strange hemispherical objects that I had never seen before but that could only be the source of the blue light. And that's when she walked in.

Her blank eyes stared down at me, rimmed in dark black sun protection eye liner. Her hair was parted at the side and smoothed down to either side of her head, accentuating the curved lines of her deeply indented jaw bone. Her nose extended sharply out of her face, casting shadows on her skin. Her green finger twitched, catching my eye with the movement, drawing my gaze down her uniformed arm to her hand. Then her paper thin lips began to curl, drawing my attention back to her face. I could hardly believe my eyes. Standing before me was a member of my race! The first I had ever seen. I lay on the floor wondering how to react to her, how she expected me to react. Every database I had ever read could not have prepared me for this. And then, she spoke. Sound waves emanated from between her smiling lips, and reached my ears,

"RISE"

The sound was sharp, clear, penetrating, and more painful than I had expected speech to be. It took me but a moment to recover from the shock and obey her command. I was in a new world but I could do that, I could obey. I could always obey.

I was reduced to a baby once again by my shock of being ripped from everything I knew. I was capable only of performing my most basic of lessons, to obey. Once I was on my feet, she turned around and walked out of the room, motioning for me to follow. I obeyed, I could always obey. I followed her through a labyrinth of space metal hallways until we reached a door. A keypad jumped out of the wall. She placed her hand on it, and the door swished open. I looked at the dark interior with a bit of trepidation.

"ENTER"

She commanded. I must obey. I set one foot inside the door. Then another, I was now inside. The door swished closed behind me. I was left alone in the darkness. I stood still for a moment, trying to decide what to do. I went forward. One foot. Now the other. One footstep. Now another. And before I could go any farther, the lights came on. Motion sensors, I thought to myself, of course! I was now able to survey my surroundings. There was not much in the small room, only a bed, the same blue lights I was used to, and a small table with a decorative structure on top of it. I had obeyed the given command, I had "ENTER"ed. In the absence of a command, I did not know what to do, so I sat down on the bed as it seemed like the logical thing to do. Now that the initial shock of the saucer was over, I began to regain my composure. I decided to lie down on the bed, and relax a bit more. I took a deep breath, coming back to myself. Okay, I decided, now I'm back to normal. Back to my logical, reasoning self. Relief washed over me.

I must have fallen asleep because the swish of the door woke me. She was back, this time with some friends.

It didn't shock me to see her this time, or her friends. I smiled at them. She smiled back, those same paper thin lips curling again. "Hello, I am Four Hundred Fortieth. These are my guards, Four Hundred Forty First and Four Hundred Forty Second. How are you feeling?" Her voice no longer hurt my ears, I must have been quite agitated before. I was happy that I could hear her easily, but I realized now that she had asked me a question. That meant I was to respond. I felt panic building up inside me, but I crushed it. Using all of my training, I looked her straight in the eye and replied, "I am well, thank you for asking." I spoke seamlessly and she was pleased. She smiled at me again. "I see your training in the Earth language has been a success." It was only then that I realized why her speech when I first landed on the saucer was so abrasive to my ears. It was my native language, a language I had not heard for 43 cycles. I realized only then that I had been trained using the earth language. I had been trained for this mission, every fact I had learned, every obstacle course I had run, had been designed for EARTH. The disappointment I had initially felt when I heard of my assignment began to dissipate. I was bred for this. THEY know what THEY are doing.

She broke me out of my own thoughts, "We have nearly reached Earth. If you will come with me, so that we may outfit you for your mission?" It was not a command, but I still obeyed. I followed her and her guards out of the room and through the labyrinth of hallways again. Her guards made sure to stay between her and me, I don't know why. It puzzled me at first, but then we reached another door and I was distracted with wondering what might be inside. The door swished open and I saw racks upon racks of clothing. She marched right in, found the rack she was looking for and pulled off an outfit. She handed me the pile of clothing saying, "According to our records, we have fabricated this attire for you in accordance with estimated weather conditions at the time of arrival. I believe you will find that the clothes will fit. Change." I looked down at the fluffy bundle in my hands and obeyed. I spun around and found myself wearing authentic EARTH attire. I looked sadly at my uniform in my mittened hands. I had worked so hard for it, and now I was about to give it up. I steeled myself and handed it over to her. She smiled reassuringly and placed it on a shelf. Then she led me to the mirror. "Take a look." She said. I obeyed, one thought in my head, EARTH.

"Do you approve, First?" She asked hesitantly. I turned back to her, puzzled. "Yes, it seems adequate." She looked relieved at my words. I only became more confused. I was about to ask her about her shift in tone when she suddenly clapped her hand over her mouth. "Oops!" She said, eyes wide. I moved to reach out to her, wondering what was wrong. She shied away from my hand and the guards stepped forward. Puzzled, I stood immobile, but of course ready for a fight if necessary. I sized up the guards, my training kicking in. Just then there was a *ping* and a voice came over the loud speaker.

"GEOSYNCHRONOUS ORBIT: ENGAGED"

The voice had spoken in my native tongue. It was so abrasive to my ears that I fell to my knees, clutching my head. The guards did not miss a beat and immediately grabbed me by the arms. She, having mysteriously regained her composure, looked down at me in Four Hundred Forty First and Four Hundred Forty Second's arms, "WE HAVE REACHED EARTH. YOU ARE TO TRANSPORT TO THE SURFACE. YOU WILL RECEIVE FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS AS WE DEEM FIT. GUARDS, TAKE HER TO THE TRANSPORT ROOM." That was a command, and all three of us obeyed it.

I found myself standing under those strange hemispherical objects yet again. I looked up at the one above me and sighed. Here we go again, I thought to myself. Blue light shimmered around me. I shut my eyes and tried my best to imagine the next two minutes of my life never happened.

And suddenly, there I was. This planet I had been trained for all my life. I was unsure what I was trained to do on it, but I was, apparently, the perfect soldier for it. Excitement flooded through me in the instant before I opened my eyes. What would it LOOK like? What would it BE like? Smiling, I opened my eyes. Blinding light seared through my dark eyes. I thought for sure I would never see again. I reached into the pocket of my jacket for more sun protection eye liner, and hastily applied it. I tried opening my eyes again. It was a little better this time, the light less searing, but my eyes still watered. I frantically looked around me, I had been standing here a long time without knowing what dangers I was in the midst of. I cursed myself for letting myself become so vulnerable. But as I looked around, I realized that I was probably okay.

I relaxed a little. It was then that I heard a faint *ping* coming from my wrist. I looked down, and after pulling my mitten away, I discovered a watch I had not known I was wearing. It was flashing at me. I tapped it to make it stop. A deep resounding voice entered my brain, speaking in my native language and crippling me, "GATHER DATA ON SIM LIFE" I would have liked to stay on the ground clinging to my head for a while but I was just given a command. I must obey. I stood up and began walking. As soon as I stepped out of the circle where the blue light had been, a terrifying thing began to happen. My skin felt like it was being lit on fire, and the water I had accumulated to sustain me for weeks began pouring out of my pores.

My watch began beeping at me, displaying a screen that read "130" in flashing red letters. "Well that can't be good." I said to myself. I looked around for some sort of shelter, some sort of protection from the sun, knowing that this planet was not like my own. In despair I realized that the only protection was a large prickly plant protruding from the ground. I ran to it, feeling the sun's effects more acutely as I ran. My body felt like sludge and my brain could not keep focused. My head began to pound in rhythm with my feet, which were slowing more and mooore, unable to find purchase in the straange terrain. I was help...less. I began to panic, after all of this, I was going to die in my first five minutes on EARTH. My thoughts began to swim, and I coud not run nemor...I hit the...the grownd...annnd culd not moov...must ooooooooobbbbbbbbbbeeeeeeyy---------
Scholar
Original Poster
#84 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 1:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sims2controlfrk
TRIriana,
I'd hate to see your contest close, so I think that I'll come out of lurk-mode and throw my hat in. I don't usually do Aliens and such, but my 15 year old son is on his head for me to give it a try. I see that you're in the U.K. so I hope that I can calculate the zone differences and get my app in on time. (I'm Eastern Daylight-USA).

Awesome! Thank you. :D.
Field Researcher
#85 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 1:59 AM
Ok, now my R1 is done. I replaced two pictures.
Forum Resident
#86 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 3:16 AM
Oh I'm so happy we're getting more contestants! I too would hate to see this contest close, it's such an awesome idea.
Instructor
#87 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 5:12 AM
0o0oh everyone posted already. sorry but mine would be a little late. school is starting at our place.
Scholar
Original Poster
#88 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 11:41 AM
Aya Alexa, the round doesn't end for another few days. :D
Field Researcher
#89 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 2:02 PM
TRIriana, In my fourth shot for Round One there is other people in it, humans. Is that ok? Possible another stupid question, hopefully S'lith is still full, lol :P.
Scholar
Original Poster
#90 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 3:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jj1010
TRIriana, In my fourth shot for Round One there is other people in it, humans. Is that ok? Possible another stupid question, hopefully S'lith is still full, lol :P.

It wasn't, however after thinking about the rule for the second part of Round I I'm going to edit it slightly to give a little more leeway.

For the second section, there can now be Humans in the background, however they must not actually see the alien at this stage. The Round I post has now been edited to reflect this change. .
Field Researcher
#91 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 3:26 PM
My computer died so I can't continue this contest...I'm using my schools computer right now. I'm so sorry!!
Lab Assistant
#92 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 5:00 PM
Default Round 1 - sims2controlfrk
Brief

Name, Rank, Serial Number: Skwint Lt. Level 5B Jj8Kll
Credentials: Gender XX warrior/citizen with 1.5-K9-YRS of service High Disciplinarian Corp of Order
Highly skilled creature to creature combatant
Third Degree Laser Zappinologist
Certified Numerical Crunchist
Lecturer: Attitudinal Displayism: Conquering Purely-Misunderstood-Syndromes
Inducted into the Dont-Be-Bi-Ot-Chi Circle
Devoted follower of the principles of At-One

Background:
Planet Al’BinoVa: red fog layer is evaporating at a higher rate than originally calculated
Planet is now bright beige and susceptible to interplanetary invasions.
Still recovering from the last invasion from Planet Chaos
Life-sustaining resources are limited
High Disciplinarian: Skwint, “Boss of all Bosses” declared state of emergency! Your orders:
1. Seek place of refuge for the colonization of only the best and brightest Al’BinoVanians
2. Target: …Earth…big hole in ozone great for spawning red fog
3. Reconnaissance team deploys: in 36 sipsips

Skwint: Earth! Primitive…easy! Like little candy-coated chocolates…melts in my mouth but not in my hands. Uh, HD…Can I have 4 extra sipsips? I’m way overdue for my body waxing and you know how Cici my waxist can be…he’s such a Gender XX sometimes…”
High Disciplinarian: Stay focused, Lieutenant!
Skwint: Aye, aye HD…36 sipsips and not one ocknon more!
High Disciplinarian: Good Skwint, good. Colonel Hot-ee will meet you at Launch Prep with your instruction packet. He’s commanding the ship.
Skwint: Colonel Hot-ee, sir? I don’t need that Gender XY and his overload of testy-ronies to take me anywhere. I can handle this mission on my own.
High Disciplinarian: Hotz is the best pilot and navigator in the corp. He’s experienced with 5 odysseys to Earth under his Orion's belt. Look, this is serious business Skwint! Failure is not an option. If my head rolls, rest assure that yours will roll first.
Skwint: Aye, aye HD…point duly noted…I will do my best to keep my head as well as yours. Consider the mission as well-accomplished.
High Disciplinarian: I truly pray that you do. I suggest that you chant to At-One for disciplinary fortification and get a little downtime in your chamber. May At-One be with you…Over and out!

Note to TRIriana: if village isn't taken, then Skwint would be more than happy to conquer it.
Scholar
Original Poster
#93 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 5:44 PM
The village it is! :D

Thank you for letting me know, Happyasabunny. I hope your computer problems are resolved soon. .
Field Researcher
#94 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 8:57 PM
How many more applicants are needed?
Scholar
Original Poster
#95 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 9:13 PM
Well right now we have eight contestants which, I think, may be just enough to continue. At least I've had only eight contestants in a couple of my other contests. I'd like there to be a minimum of ten, but it doesn't appear as though that's going to happen.
Field Researcher
#96 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 9:59 PM
Hmmm. Hopefully 8 is enough. I would hate to see this contest close down.

Meeka: You wouldn't happen to be Michie from S2C, would you?
Field Researcher
#97 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 10:41 PM
jj1010, yup. I am Michie from SC2. I went for a name change after the big merge as 'Michie' was already taken.

I hope more people will join. My round next will probably be up tomorrow or very near the deadline depending how things go...:P
Field Researcher
#98 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 10:44 PM Last edited by jj1010 : 4th Jun 2009 at 12:19 AM.
^ Oh ok, because I saw your avatar and It looked familiar.

Edit: TRIriana, when does Round 1 End and Round 2 begin?
Scholar
Original Poster
#99 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 1:39 AM
Quote:
Step One: Preparation and Arrival
1st to 5th June

Step Two: First Contact
7th to 11th June

Step Three: Ultimatum
13th to 17th June

Step Four: To Battle or to Flee!
19th to 23rd June

^
^ From the initial page. .
Field Researcher
#100 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 1:41 AM
Ahhh, Oops. Silly me. Sorry I should've looked there first.

Page 4 of 8