Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#101 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 7:27 PM
I have some bad news. The neighborhood that was holding this family was created after I installed Pets, and as a result, after removing Pets....the neighborhood no longer works. I will try to recreate the sims and all...but....I really really really don't want to :/

(Why did I remove Pets at this time? I was tired of every famliy sim I made rolling the want to raise 20 puppies and kittens. NO. NO PUPPIES. NO KITTENS. NO PETS. [I never adopt pets.])

But I didn't think about the fact that I was going to lose my neighborhood. :/
And then I opened the game...CRAP.
Advertisement
Scholar
Original Poster
#102 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 5:14 PM Last edited by TRIriana : 15th Jul 2009 at 5:39 PM.
I'm finally back! Everything has been updated now, thanks for your patience. .
Scholar
#103 Old 16th Jul 2009 at 5:13 AM
Okay, I am sooo sorry, because this was my first contest...and I really wanted to finish it, but I am just so frustrated trying to recreate them exactly, especially their kids. Angela was pregnant (it just wasn't showing yet.), Lucinda...I had so many plans for her snooty butt.

But long story short, I am going to have to drop out...and if you ever do another (similar) contest, I will join (and actually stay in) it.
Test Subject
#104 Old 16th Jul 2009 at 5:07 PM
This contest looks great and all of you have created beautiful sims! Im sorry i didnt find this thread before... if you need another judge or emergncy judge id be happy to help
Scholar
Original Poster
#105 Old 17th Jul 2009 at 5:09 AM
I've PMed you the scorecard, MissiFishi. Thank you greatly for helping out.

Thanks for joining initially, Prosthetics. :D
Lab Assistant
#106 Old 17th Jul 2009 at 6:02 AM
need 1 more day extension for this round! have it up tomorrow night or the next after that day's morning!

:P
Lab Assistant
#107 Old 17th Jul 2009 at 5:25 PM
me 2- extension plz. Also could i see the round 1 and 2 scores?
Scholar
Original Poster
#108 Old 17th Jul 2009 at 5:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 3hannah3
me 2- extension plz. Also could i see the round 1 and 2 scores?

Alright, the Round will be extended until tomorrow. You'll have the scores as soon as I have them; just waiting on MissiFishi, who kindly offered to EJ.
Test Subject
#109 Old 17th Jul 2009 at 6:29 PM
what rounds do you need scores from?
Field Researcher
#110 Old 17th Jul 2009 at 7:10 PM
Default happyasabunny-Round 3
As I walked up to the Thomson Family's house I thought it looked small compared to my house which is almost the size of a mansion. I was reluctant but I walked in. I stood in the living room. It had a large bright orange couch. I was disgusted and upset that I was living here.

I went into what I would guess as the main bedroom. It was covered in wallpaper with bamboo on it. I liked this more than the living room but, it was still ugly. It was a pleasant surprise.

Then I went to my room. It had puke green bedding that was really itchy. It looked like the forest threw up on the entire room. I was grossed out and I wanted to scream. I never expected to come into a house like this.

The Manuel

The manuel said:

Hi, and welcome to my lovely home. As you can most likely see my family is all about nature. I am a so called nature buff. All the food in my house is all natural and comes from a natural health food store. My teenager still has time out. He is very disciplined. He can wear whatever he wants. He is not allowed to have any fast food or pizza unless it is homemade pizza from a recipe I have.

That manuel made me want to cry. I have never felt so bad for someone. I have never had this type of food and I am really scared to try it.

When I met the family. The husband seemed to like me. The teen boy seemed a little apprehensive. He was afraid to talk to me at all. They told me that I should make myself at home and that it was time for dinner and I don't work so I have to clean the whole house and cook them every meal. I also would have to make Ben and Dan lunch because Ben isn't allowed to eat lunch food and Dan won't buy food from a restaurant.

I am really disgusted by her. she is so fake and stuck up. She acts as though she is better than me and that is completely not true. She seems as if she won't doing anything that we are asking of her.

Wow the new mom is so hott. I really hope she isn't as superficial as she seems.

Scholar
Original Poster
#111 Old 18th Jul 2009 at 12:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MissiFishi
what rounds do you need scores from?

Rounds I and II
Scholar
#112 Old 18th Jul 2009 at 5:05 AM
and despite my dropping out, I wouldn't mind seeing my scores for both rounds either. :]

Sorry again...!
Lab Assistant
#113 Old 18th Jul 2009 at 10:41 AM
Hey I had a killer toothache last night, and I can have mine up tommorow night if that is possible, I don't mind if you put up tthe next round, but i need one more night!

Lab Assistant
#114 Old 18th Jul 2009 at 12:04 PM
i should have mine by later today! XD
Test Subject
#115 Old 18th Jul 2009 at 6:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Prosthetics
and despite my dropping out, I wouldn't mind seeing my scores for both rounds either. :]

Sorry again...!

i didnt score you because you were under dropped out but i can score you if you want to see it
Test Subject
#116 Old 18th Jul 2009 at 8:11 PM
I will be a bit late.
Lab Assistant
#117 Old 18th Jul 2009 at 8:36 PM
Okay here it is!!!!

Nicola Hirst is moving into the Coleman household for a week.

I walked into the house and instantly spotted the kitchen. It was tiny. How was i supposed to spend my whole day in such a small place!!!!

The bathroom was a little better. It was quite big but i was a bit shocked and suprised at the leaking toilet. Did anyone clean up in this house?

The washing room wasn't much better. I never realised people lived in such tiny houses. I was glad i had such a big house!

I found the manual. I read:
Hello welcome to my home! Pur family is fairly laid back. I'm open to let my daughters do most things. Haley my eldest for instance can stay out as long as she likes. I think this teaches her responsibility. My other daughter, Kelly who is 2 can go to bed at any time before 8. Our family is rather independent but we are still very close. Chores are something that just get in the way and we try not to let them take over our lives. Me and my husband share the cooking and cleaning. I have a lot of free time which i like to spend reading or watching TV. Sometimes i spend this time shopping. You will also find yourself with a lot of free time in which you can do whatever you enjoy. Me and my husband spend a lot of time together too and he is very important to me!

Meeting the family was a little nerve wracking but they seemed nice enough

(Haley was there i just couldn't get her in the pic!)
Josh~ Nicola seems Ok. I think she's a bit of a neat feak though. I'm not sure she'll enjoy her stay here so much.

Haley~ I'm not too sure what to think of the new lady but mum says to give her a chance, so i will....
Test Subject
#118 Old 18th Jul 2009 at 9:22 PM

Is this the place where I'm going to spend so much time? This stinky, little, untidy house? I am sooo disappointed....

A child?!?!? How will I find the time to work? I'm not a mothering type!

Another two? Oh, spare me, please! My career will be ruined during this two weeks!

Manual: "You need to take a good care of the children. Danny has to do his homework, please, check it. Melvin is a little boy so he still needs a lot of mother care. Of course I don't have to give you the details - we, women, have such abilities in our nature! :-) Just remember to play with children and watch the curfew, don't let them stay outside too long. Poppy will help you a bit with cleaning, cooking, washing, ironing etc., so don't worry. Joe likes steaks, he hates vegetables, so please, bear that in mind. He won't help you much in the house, that is the way men are, sorry! He rarely drinks alcohol and gets aggresive, so it's not bad. But don't start any controversial topics with him (like homosexual marriages or black people), because it won't end nice. Have fun, sweetie!"
OMG, is she kidding!? I AM a black homosexual person! I don't want to cook for a homophobe, nor clean after him! Besides, I'm a vegetarian! Can I resign?!

OMG, they don't look like educated people... I'm not going to be their servant! I have a cleaning lady at home, and I don't want to be one here!

Joe: I bloody hate that stupid cow, so what?! Get her out of my house! Or I want her to shut up and cook!
Melvin: Gu gu gu... Ga ga ga... ma-ma...
Danny: I like her, but I miss mum a lot. :-( I really do. Where is mummy?

Poppy: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, I am so ashamed of my father! How dare he say such garbage! Vanessa is nice, unfortunately she has neoliberal views and so on, but come on, nobody's perfect.
Scholar
Original Poster
#119 Old 18th Jul 2009 at 11:16 PM Last edited by TRIriana : 19th Jul 2009 at 5:26 PM.
Round I and Round II Scores

Round I Scores

Tree4me

Happyasabunny - The Thompson and Smith families
Family: 6/10
Your families were just okay for me. I didn't feel there was anything overly unique or interesting about them. They looked great, yes, but looks aren't everything, and this isn't a beauty contest.
Pictures: 9/10
You have proven that you can definitely use pose-hacks to your advatage, and the backdrops were affective too. Whilst that looked great, and I am going too be a little nitpicky with everyone about this, I would've liked to see a little bit of meaning to the pictures, if you know what I mean.
Overall Creativity: 6/10
Whilst your writing and pictures explained enough, I feel that you really didn't quite take it to the next level, if you get where I'm coming from. I would've liked to see a little bit more meaning to the writing and the pictures. Overall, it was good, but it felt a little mechanical to me.
Rule Adherence: 5/5
You have followed the rules well, which I am pleased about.
Overall Score: 26/35

3hannah3 - The Hirst and Coleman families
Family: 7/10
I don't feel that this families are very unique. They feel like just some ordinary family with the same personalities and the suchlike as like most families. I would've liked to see a little more uniqueness.
Pictures: 8/10
These pictures are getting closer to what I'd like to see in pictures, but it just isn't quite there, I'm afraid. Whilst the pictures are good, they just aren't great.
Overall Creativity: 7/10
It was okay. To get up to the next rank, I would've liked to hear more about the family, and see some more family-oriented pictures.
The rules were followed, so you got a perfect score for that.
Overall Score: 27/35

Whatwedobest - The Nessie and Dirde families.
Family: 9/10
Whilst I am not a fan of Rich vs. Poor, you actually made it work. It is interesting and the people were unique.
Pictures: 10/10
You've done it! This is what I meant by family pictures! The family all together, and adorable little shorts of the second family at random moments! This was fantastic!
Overall Creativity: 10/10
The stories were absolutely fantastic, unique, and overall the best so far. You seriously have a knack at this, and I hope that you won't drop out of this competition.
The rules were followed well. I gave you full points for that.
Overall Score: 34/35

PlumBobbed - The Elsing and Harris families.
It would've been better if the families were a little bit more apposing, but overall, it was pretty good, and you should be proud of it.
Pictures: 6/10
The backdrops. I can't stress this enough. I'm not saying that the pictures are bad, but the backdrops are, and I'm sorry for this, but they're boring. Families out doing family activities are what I really want to see. Of course, a nursery is fine too.
It was really good, but to get yourself past the next few hurdles, be CREATIVE with your pictures. That's what is holding you back. Don't worry, though. You did a great job this round.
The rules were followed perfectly. You got a perfect score for that.
Overall Score: 25/35

L_Lawliet_SC - The Julius and Ambrose families
These families look great! It's as if they're polar opposites! I really can't wait to see how this unfolds.
As nit-picky as I have been with the other contestants, I'm afraid I'm going to have to do the same. I'd like to see some creativity with pictures, too!
Whilst your work was great, you need to take more creative pictures in order to get to the next platform. The story was great, though!
Nobody breaks the rules any more. Oh well, you followed the rules, so I gave you full marks for that.

3mieszczanka - The Cabbage and Caviar families.
Your families are different to every one else's families. I was waiting for someone to do something like this. Brilliant.
Pictures: 5/10
They're close to what I really wanted to see in the pictures. Great work.
Overall Creativity: 8/10
The stories are different. That is fantastic. To get to the next level, you need to take in-game pictures and add more to your work.
Someone needs to break the rules at one stage! Don't worry, you've still got full marks for rules.
Overall Score: 27/35

TRIriana

HappyasaBunny
Family: 7
Pictures: 8
Overall Creativity: 7
Rule Adherence: 5
Overall Score: 27

3Hannah3
Family: 8
Overall Creativity: 8
Overall Score: 29

WhatwedoBest
Family: 9
Pictures: 9
Overall Creativity: 8.5
Overall Score: 31.5

PlumbBobbed
Pictures: 7
Overall Creativity: 7.5
Overall Score: 27.5

L Lawliet
Overall Score: 29

3mieszczanka
Pictures: 7.5
Overall Score: 28.5

Imcran

HappyasaBunny
Family: 5/10
Overall Creativity: 5/10
Overall Score: 23/35

3Hannah3
Pictures: 7/10
Overall Score: 24/35

WhatwedoBest
Family: 8/10
Overall Creativity: 9/10
Overall Score: 31/35

PlumbBobbed
Pictures: 3/10
Overall Score: 20/35

L Lawliet
Overall Creativity: 5/10
Overall Score: 21/35

3mieszczanka

Round II Scores

MissFishi

Happyasabunny
Family: 10/10
Overall Score: 33

L lawliet SC
Overall Score:28

plumbobbed
Overall Score: 32

Whatwedobest
Overall Score: 31

3Hannah3
Pictures: 10/10
Overall Creativity: 8/10
Overall Score: 32

3mieszczanka
Overall Score: 31

TRIriana

Happyasabunny
Rule Adherence: 2.5
Overall Score: 26
I'm really very curious to see what happens between "new mom" and Delanie. You've put across the superficial aspect of this family very well!

L Lawliet SC
Family: 7.5
Overall Score: 26
Ooh, an interesting start. I look forward to seeing what's going to happen in the other household...

Plumbobbed
Family: 7.5
Overall Score: 25
You have a good start going here, and I look forward to knowing how the daughter is going to antagonise poor Pennie!

Whatwedobest
Pictures: 7
Overall Score: 25
I can't wait to see sparks fly between Suki and Meredith, and I really like how you've portrayed just how bitchy Meredith is - nice going with cat, too. I look forward to seeking more from you.

3Hannah3
Family: 6.5
Pictures: 6.5
Overall Creativity: 7
Overall Score: 22.5
You have a pretty good start here, and I look forward to seeing the next family and their differences! It would have been nice to see a few wider shots, so as to see some of the things that shocked Jo; so it would be nice to see that next time.

3mieszczanka
Family: 6
Overall Creativity: 6.5
Overall Score: 23
You have a nice start going here, and I like how Elizabeth's reaction changed toward the end, in regard to Molly. I will say, try to write more so that we can get a better feel for these people.

Imcran

HappyasaBunny
Pictures: 6.5/10
Rule Adherence: 2.5/5
Overall Score: 22/35

3Hannah3
Family: 5/10
Overall Score: 20.5/35

WhatwedoBest
Overall Score: 23.5/35

PlumbBobbed
Overall Score: 20.5/35

L Lawliet
Overall Score: 22.5/35

3mieszczanka
Overall Score: 22.5/35

Round I Overall Scores

Whatwedobest: 96.5
3mieszczanka: 80.5
3Hannah3: 80
HappyasaBunny: 76
L Lawliet: 75
PlumbBobbed: 72.5

Round II Overall Scores

HappyasaBunny: 81
Whatwedobest: 79.5
PlumbBobbed: 77.5
L Lawliet: 76.5
3mieszczanka: 76.5
3Hannah3: 75

The last scoring Judge for both Round should be posted tomorrow so that the current overall's can be given. The current Round ends tomorrow, after being extended, tomorrow at 10PM GMT. The Final Round will be posted shortly!
Scholar
Original Poster
#120 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 12:42 AM Last edited by TRIriana : 23rd Jul 2009 at 7:07 PM.

Okay! So, your first week is well underway and this Round you get to tell everyone just how your "wives" are acclimatising to their new environment. Simple! Right?

This Round will be split into two parts: The first half of the week and the Rule Change, and it'll be your chance to not only describe how Hellish or wonderful it's been, but to pinpoint in pictures three key moments that sum everything up for both parts of the week.

You'll be travelling back to the "wife" you used in Round III.

Part I - Pre-Rule Change
Quite simply, what's required is three to four pictures to pinpoint how your "wife" dealt with how the new household works.

Part II - Post-Rule Change
Three to four pictures are required here to detail highlights of the household after the Rule Change has been enacted.

Total 6 to 8 pictures

Writing Requirements
Reactions and thoughts on how things are going from the key players in the household.
What the new rules are - they can be as few or as little as you desire.
Three or more lines per picture

Deadline
27th July 2009 at 10PM GMT
Lab Assistant
#121 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 7:01 AM
Whatwedobest: Round 3
Entering the House
Victim/Wife: Sakura Neesie

I walked into their huge mansion and got the surprise of my life! It was so huge! How many people lived here again? Three? Andrew's entire family could fit in here! It has some nice marble staircases in the front hall though I must say. Truthfully this house is a little too much for me though! The rooms are bigger than my house doubled! I think it will take a while for me to get adjusted here.

Wow! I thought I was in the living room earlier! I guess this is the main studying room. Nice computer, bookshelves everywhere, easels, and chess sets all around this room! This room is worth $50,000 on its own. How can these people afford to pay for all this stuff? I can see myself spending a lot of time in this room during my stay here. I love books and these people have plenty of them!

Next room was the kitchen which is totally freaking me out right now. I though my kitchen was big, but this is just insane! I could open my own bakery with all of this stuff! These counters, and marble floor, top-notch fridge and ovens. This kitchen helps me be happy here, I can just spend all my time cooking in here.

I found the manuel on the kitchen counter.

Dear swapped-wife,
I see that you have found my house among the others along my street. As for your responsibilities, well none! I never cook, just order out. I sleep on the couch most of the time, I have parties to go to, but obviously you can't fill my shoes for them! My daughter, well she knows what to do, I don't talk to her so much.
Have fun living rich, your swapped, love ya!

Well I see some things are going to change, starting with home-cooked meals!

The father and the daughter got home shortly after I finished reading the manuel so here we are in the living room for the family meeting.
"Hi! My name is Sakura!" I siad cheerfully to them.
"Mine is Kaleb, I'm quite tired so let's make this quick."
"I-I-I'm L-Lia" the daughter mumbled.
"Hi Kaleb and Lia! This time together should be fun! I was thinking that tomorrow-"
"Can't do anything tomorrow," Kaleb said, "Or the next day or the next. As a matter of fact, don't plan anything unless you don't mind me not coming. I am far to busy to go on silly outings."
"Well I guess I'll go to bed, night Kaleb, night Lia! Would you like me to tuck you in Lia?"
"I-I-If you w-want to..."she stumbled.

"If you want to know my thoughts, let me just tell you something: I do not like her. She is not my beautiful wife. She should not be in my beautiful house. She should not be messing up my beautiful life. She is the scum on my sink after I fire the maid. She is the weed in the garden, the algae in my pool, the fly in my drink, the speck on my dish, and I could go on and on. To put it simply, I don't like her, and never will."

"W-well I think it would b-be nice of her to p-play with me. M-mommy n-n-never does so m-maybe this new m-mommy will. S-she looks nice and I-I l-liked it when she tucked me i-in. She read me a s-story to sleep and t-told me she would t-take me to the p-park this w-week. She is n-nice, b-but Daddy doesn't s-seem to l-l-like her that much. I like h-her though!"

Big thanks to NoRealLife2 for their "Briars" house! Couldn't of gotten this done in time without it!

Test Subject
#122 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 10:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TRIriana
Deadline
22nd July 2009 at 10PM GMT

All of these sounds really fun, but my boss is sending me for a business trip to Warsaw - I will be back on 24th (Friday). Can I make my entry then? Please, I don't want to resign.

Congratulations everyone for great entries! :-D
Scholar
Original Poster
#123 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 10:42 AM
That would be fine. Have a good trip!
Test Subject
#124 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 8:04 PM
I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to drop out. I accidently deleted the neighborhood. :\
Scholar
Original Poster
#125 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 8:14 PM
Aww, sorry to hear that. No back-ups in the files or folders?

Page 5 of 6