Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Aug 2009 at 11:26 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3
Default Can't make Grim playable? Help!
So I've been playing TS3 for..a little over a month. I already have some playable ghosts and ghostbabies, and I heard/saw pictures of a sim/grim hybrid. Which I want. I don't the patch that prevents this, so the woohoo part is covered. My only problem is that I can't seem to make the grim reaper part of the household with the testincheatsenabled thing. It doesn't appear as an option when he's around on my lot. I've looked in the site's FAQ and everything, but I can't seem to find anything about this.

Has anyone tried this and gotten a similar result? I'm kind of confused as to why I can't make the grim reaper playable.
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 14th Aug 2009 at 1:54 AM
bump

Help?
Forum Resident
#3 Old 14th Aug 2009 at 9:03 PM
Well, I don't know how to make Grim playable in the way you're asking about, but I do have a complicated way of the next best thing. This is assuming you have custom content all set up and ready to go.

You'll need this "Chaos Mod Painting" here from Modthesims.
You may or may not need the "Grim Reaper No Leaving" mod. I'm going by the method my boyfriend used, and he has it, so you may need it. I have no idea, really.
I'd also recommend you back up your game JUST in case. But that's true of anything.
Once you have that installed and good to go, follow these steps.

1. Get a sim on your lot that you aren't attached to. (I think my boyfriend just killed the paper boy when he came to deliver the mail...LOL. For example's sake I'll just use the paperboy here.)
2. Click the Chaos mod painting, go to "Voodoo" and then "KILL". Kill the poor paper boy however you feel like it.
3. Good ol' Grim will show up and take poor Billy the Paperboy(or whatever his name is) away. Sad day.
4. Before Grim leaves, click the ChaosMod painting again, and select Voodoo...KILL. Now, when it has you select a Sim, click on Grim's face and give him a taste of his own medicine!
5. Grim is going to fall over and die, and it's going to be kinda glitchy looking. He'll be taking himself away, after all, so the game is confused.
6. Grim's tombstone will appear. Yay. Dead Grim. Now, wait until night time when Grim shows up as a ghost. Spooky.
7. Go to the ChaosMod painting, and somewhere under Mortality there will be an option like "DeGhostify" or something like that. Can't miss it. Click that, and select Grim!

Tadaaa. You should be able to play him just fine now. His traits might be different than those of the original reaper, as my boyfriend reported traits that were different than whatever I got talking to Not-Dead-Grim...but you can always fix that with TestingCheatsEnabled, shift click, modify traits and have Grim be however you want personality wise.

Hope this helps.

You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
-Christopher Robin to Pooh
Forum Resident
#4 Old 14th Aug 2009 at 9:05 PM
Oh, and by the way, with the method I just described, my boyfriend says he tested killing someone else to make sure Grim would still come and the game wouldn't explode, and he said Grim still arrives and it's A-Ok.

You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
#5 Old 14th Aug 2009 at 9:21 PM
I`ve heard -- well, read -- that there are *TWO* Grim Reapers in the Sims 3 game. Might it be the second Reaper that comes when the first dies?

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Forum Resident
#6 Old 15th Aug 2009 at 3:36 PM
Maybe, I guess we could test that theory.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 15th Aug 2009 at 7:55 PM
Thanks! That sounds easy enough. I'll try it and hope it works.
#8 Old 17th Aug 2009 at 7:14 PM
"Maybe, I guess we could test that theory. "

*I* can`t; I haven`t Sims 3.

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 17th Aug 2009 at 11:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GeneralOperationsDirector
"Maybe, I guess we could test that theory. "

*I* can`t; I haven`t Sims 3.

I'm fairly sure they are. I've been...uh...keeping my household's population in check...and the surviving sims have two different grim reapers in their relationships thing. I don't know their traits yet.

ALSO, Thanks so much sunken-woglinde, it worked! I have a super-cool playable grim now. :D
Locked thread | Locked by: plasticbox Reason: Wasn't a game problem, but solved anyway