Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 6 (Who?), Viewed: 5003 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Aug 2009 at 10:19 PM
Default arranged marriage..?
ok so, very stupid question here, but... i have two sims, and there based of a couple who, essentailly where in an arranged marriage, is this posssible on the sims?
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 22nd Aug 2009 at 11:23 PM
A marriage where they never knew each other before their wedding day? It helps if you have it set up so that they will really love each other as soon as they meet. (Or if you don't mind cheating a bit.)

If you have Nightlife or higher they can have as many as three bolts of chemistry with each other. Keep up with the romantic interactions until they are both in love with each other and you can get the option to propose engagement. You can then immediately propose marriage without having to throw a wedding party. (Be careful which one proposes; you will end up with the last name of the one who proposed.) It can simplify things if you Propose: move in before getting engaged or married.

Or you can use an item like the sim blender or the insiminator to set things up.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *Come visit Custom Sims 3!*2013 Yearbook
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Aug 2009 at 12:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost sdoj
A marriage where they never knew each other before their wedding day? It helps if you have it set up so that they will really love each other as soon as they meet. (Or if you don't mind cheating a bit.)

If you have Nightlife or higher they can have as many as three bolts of chemistry with each other. Keep up with the romantic interactions until they are both in love with each other and you can get the option to propose engagement. You can then immediately propose marriage without having to throw a wedding party. (Be careful which one proposes; you will end up with the last name of the one who proposed.) It can simplify things if you Propose: move in before getting engaged or married.

Or you can use an item like the sim blender or the insiminator to set things up.

see now the thing is, i don't want my couple to like each other when they get married, more or less, just having them know each other, but not have chemestry together...
Site Helper
#4 Old 23rd Aug 2009 at 12:21 AM
Ok.

Get a teleporter. (My personal favorite has been the one from Simlogical, but there are a lot to choose from) Summon one of the sims to the other sim's lot, and use the option that most teleporters (including the one from Simlogical) have to move the sim in.

I forgot where the last name copier is, because I usually use SimPE to change names, but you can use either of those methods to make sure the sims both end up with the same last name. (Or you can have them "renew their vows" at some point when they have fallen in love and have a wedding to get the last name changed.)

Actually, when you think about it, any "married" couple straight from Create a family starts in pretty much that situation anyway....

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *Come visit Custom Sims 3!*2013 Yearbook
Scholar
#5 Old 23rd Aug 2009 at 1:30 AM
You can also use the Marhis' special wedding arch from MATY:

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...pic,8196.0.html

Marriage out of convenience, no relationship needed.
Test Subject
#6 Old 23rd Aug 2009 at 6:46 PM
I think the inseminator thing has an option to set the flags for marriage so the couple are married without requiring love etc. I don't think they get a marriage memory though...
Field Researcher
#7 Old 23rd Aug 2009 at 7:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost sdoj
Actually, when you think about it, any "married" couple straight from Create a family starts in pretty much that situation anyway....

But they still have a 100% short-time (Friend/Crush) and 100% long-time (Best Friend/Marriage) relationship.

Section jump