Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Sep 2009 at 5:34 AM
Game crashes at loading screen after installing Indie Stone Mod
I installed the Indie mod today and tried to load the game. I didnt get very far though. Not past the blue loading screen and it crashed right to the desktop. I used Monkey Helper to install it, the core and mod packages and they were listed under my monkey helper folder as all my custom content is. I dont have a mods folder in the sims 3 folder. I deleted the files but my game still wont come on. Are they actually deleted? I see them in the recycle bin. What can I do? I tried deleting the cache files and restarting the game and the computer but still dont work. What do I do

Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 24th Sep 2009 at 7:10 AM
Have you updated/patched your game completely, by any chance? Also, the cache files will respawn after you restart the game, that's perfectly normal and what it's supposed to do.

"It's sticks and stones and broken homes, that taught us how to smile." - The Bens
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Sep 2009 at 7:59 AM
Yes I think I have updated it all the way. It says up to date on the launcher.
Instructor
#4 Old 24th Sep 2009 at 8:36 AM
So, if you patch v.1.4.6 you can't use INDIE STONE, neither CAS SLIDER HACK of Delphy, cause these great mods aren't compatible with the patch later than v.1.2.7

You have to play the new patched game without INDIE (and cas slider) and use NRAAS SUPERCOMPUTER of Twallan instead. You can find his mod in google.
Or...you can play INDIE but you have to uninstall the new patch and use the old one.
(Patch v.1.2.7 not supported by EA site anymore. But you can find in MTS PATCH FAQ for further information of patch versions)

GOOD LUCK!!!!
Forum Resident
#5 Old 24th Sep 2009 at 9:03 AM Last edited by haylz320 : 24th Sep 2009 at 9:14 AM.
Actually, you can still use Indie, you just need to use Awesome Mod along with it. The Super Computer has nothing to do with story progession, I think what Little Bee may have been referring to was Twallan's "Crazy Town" story progression. You can also use Awesome Story (the Awesome Mod equivalent of Indie Stone) instead. Any of the three options will do the job well (better than EA's story progression, anyway), however bare in mind that "Crazy Town" is still in its infancy, and may have errors (however, any large mod will have issues, so don't let that stop you). "Crazy Town" was based off Indie Stone, so it's the closest you'll get to it should you not want to run Awesome Mod to make the Indie mod work.

Also, please make sure you read the descriptions on the downloads page before each download. The Indie Stone Mod page made it very clear it wasn't compatible after the newest patches. There are plenty of mods like this, not just the ones Little Bee listed, and the game will crash or hang if you try to use them, as you found out through Indie. Yes, at times it's a little time consuming and annoying, but in the long run, you'll save yourself a lot of trouble. The creators didn't write that stuff for nothing :P

"It's sticks and stones and broken homes, that taught us how to smile." - The Bens
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#6 Old 24th Sep 2009 at 6:25 PM
Please read the download threads regarding these mods. Locking, as your game is not broken and you just needed to read the information available.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Locked thread | Locked by: Canoodle Reason: We do not provide support for 3rd party mods/programs.