Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Nov 2009 at 8:52 PM
CAS sliders: your feedback!!!
If you've recently checked the downloads section you must have seen the great downloads by Delphy:
Small Editors: VPXY, BoneDelta, FacialBlend, BlendUnit, CASSliderTemplate, GEOM/MTNF

The only problem is that I have no idea how to use them... I'm not asking for help, I don't want it cause I don't have time to learn how to use them... But I was just thinking if anyone was planning to use them to make sliders for the our sims' foreheads...

I was very disappointed with the CAS sliders since they didn't improve that much from Sims 2 (where we were able to modify the sections more freely)
They did Improve in some parts but for example the chin options have been greatly simplified and the forehead options completely deleted!!

All the sims have the same forehead!!! I find it hard to believe that the sims development team cut those sliders out!!

This isn't exactly a request but I just wanted to know anyone's plans to add sliders... but still sort of a request to add forehead sliders...

Lets hear your ideas about the CAS sliders and if you were satisfied or not...

Thanks!!
Advertisement
Banned
#2 Old 11th Nov 2009 at 8:55 PM
Touch your chin and move your hands back along your jawline. Feel the part where it starts to curve up, by your neck?

That needs to be something we can make thinner or wider. Desperately.
Scholar
#3 Old 11th Nov 2009 at 9:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by georgie.debs
This isn't exactly a request but I just wanted to know anyone's plans to add sliders... but still sort of a request to add forehead sliders...
!

I'm planning to do hip, waist and butt-sliders, but currently I'm mostly experimenting with some funny results. (See Screenshot. )

And I have a "advanced" breast slider nearly ready. It's only one slider and not five like Delphy's, and it uses different tuning values for teens and adults to look right everytime. And unlike Delphy's, it works fine with all clothing.
Screenshots
Banned
#4 Old 11th Nov 2009 at 9:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jonha
I'm planning to do hip, waist and butt-sliders, but currently I'm mostly experimenting with some funny results. (See Screenshot. )

And I have a "advanced" breast slider nearly ready. It's only one slider and not five like Delphy's, and it uses different tuning values for teens and adults to look right everytime. And unlike Delphy's, it works fine with all clothing.

The waist and butt slider look awesome. I would love to have super skinny stylized sims.
Test Subject
#5 Old 11th Nov 2009 at 10:36 PM
Ohhh those sliders are looking awesome, can't wait till you release them Do you have any estimated time till you finish?

Oh and btw how can i know when you release them?
Mad Poster
#6 Old 11th Nov 2009 at 10:50 PM
We definitely need more sliders. The boob sliders are a good start, but we need those for the butt, and the waist too. Also, I'd really like something for the hairline on the sims's forheads. I've just realised the other day that all their heads look really flat and round because their hairline is a very straight line. I think very few people have hair like that in real life; most have it shaped a bit like an arch.
Scholar
#7 Old 12th Nov 2009 at 12:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zigmat
Ohhh those sliders are looking awesome, can't wait till you release them Do you have any estimated time till you finish?

Oh and btw how can i know when you release them?

They are nearly ready, maybe I upload a beta version tomorrow.

I can send you a pm if you want, when I release them.

Btw: I like realistic mods, so don't expect that you will be able to create uber large breast or very skinny/strange sims (like on the screenshot). If you want that, you will have to use a cas slider hack (for example included in awesomemod).
Instructor
#8 Old 12th Nov 2009 at 4:01 AM
I"m waiting for the hips, butt, and waist sliders. That way I can try to recreate some my favorite sims 2 shapes.
Banned
#9 Old 12th Nov 2009 at 4:09 AM
Aww, yours WONT let you make the kind of legs in the picture?
Scholar
#10 Old 12th Nov 2009 at 4:40 AM
I'm working on an arm slider for females, for some reason I think toned arms look kinda sexy. :?

So if anyone's thinking of that, maybe you could try another slider hack lol
Banned
#11 Old 12th Nov 2009 at 4:46 AM
Guys need a bulge slider. <_<

Though MTS would probably find that inappropriate.
Forum Resident
#12 Old 12th Nov 2009 at 6:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Claeric

The first thing I thought when I read "bulge" was "beer belly" and I thought, why would EA think that was innapropriate? Then it occurred to me what you were really talking about...

My cat taught me how to fetch. I throw the toy, she shows me where it landed, and I fetch it.
Test Subject
#13 Old 12th Nov 2009 at 8:54 AM
I hope it's ok to ask this here, but is it possible to make some sort of height slider? I've been playing around with this, but the legs bend whenever I make them bigger.
Scholar
#14 Old 12th Nov 2009 at 10:00 AM
Aww, yours WONT let you make the kind of legs in the picture?

No. This slider was meant to make the hips smaller, but unfornuately, it made the legs and feet smaller, too.

So no, I'm not gonna to release a slider as buggy like this, maybe I make a separate leg and feet slider later.

Quote: Originally posted by Dragonflare
I hope it's ok to ask this here, but is it possible to make some sort of height slider? I've been playing around with this, but the legs bend whenever I make them bigger.

I think it's not possible. The skeleton position in Sims3 animations is fixed, so if you make the sim larger using sliders, he will possibly stay in a ducked position to match the original skeleton height.
Test Subject
#15 Old 12th Nov 2009 at 11:49 AM
Hey guys,

Any idea when Rick & Delphy's CAS slider hack will be updated for the 1.4 patch? I just discovered the mod last night, was thrilled to pieces for exactly 60 seconds before my dreams of actually good looking sims was smashed to pieces.
sob..sniff..

I've been web surfing for the last 4 hours trying to find a 1.4 patch compatible slider hack with no luck.

If anybody knows how to get a slider hack for the 1.4 patch, I would really appreciate it. My fugly sims need a desperate makeover. Its been 4 months of relying on imagination and "inner beauty". I cant take it anymore!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 12th Nov 2009 at 1:45 PM
I love the sliders you're working on... I think we'll eventually get maximum freedom in modifying the bodies... It's only a matter of time
Mad Poster
#17 Old 12th Nov 2009 at 1:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by moka1210
Hey guys,

Any idea when Rick & Delphy's CAS slider hack will be updated for the 1.4 patch? I just discovered the mod last night, was thrilled to pieces for exactly 60 seconds before my dreams of actually good looking sims was smashed to pieces.
sob..sniff..

I've been web surfing for the last 4 hours trying to find a 1.4 patch compatible slider hack with no luck.

If anybody knows how to get a slider hack for the 1.4 patch, I would really appreciate it. My fugly sims need a desperate makeover. Its been 4 months of relying on imagination and "inner beauty". I cant take it anymore!

I think Delphy announced some time ago that the Facial Slider Hack will not be updated. The Body Slider Hack does still work with the latest TS3 patch, just not the facial one. You can use the Awesomemod (http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...ic,15185.0.html) to get a face slider hack - I use it and it works great. Note that if you install Awesomemod, you have to be sure to enable the slider hack, as it's not enabled by default.
Scholar
#18 Old 12th Nov 2009 at 3:44 PM
Note: I uploaded a beta version of my sliders here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=377975
Instructor
#19 Old 12th Nov 2009 at 5:02 PM

Totally agree. That would be something for sexy sims although I don't think it should be inappropriate. Its realism. It wierd its so flat..not that I look.

^_^
Banned
#20 Old 12th Nov 2009 at 5:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by NekoCat
The first thing I thought when I read "bulge" was "beer belly" and I thought, why would EA think that was innapropriate? Then it occurred to me what you were really talking about...

Yeah, I think if we're gonna reshape the butt of the tight pants we should be able to reshape other parts, too....
Test Subject
#21 Old 30th Mar 2014 at 2:44 PM
Default Help
Quote: Originally posted by jonha

I downloaded the zip but i cant open in sims. I don't know what should i do. Look at that pic what am i gonna do? Please help me!
Screenshots
One Minute Ninja'd
#22 Old 30th Mar 2014 at 3:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kardi98
I downloaded the zip but i cant open in sims. I don't know what should i do. Look at that pic what am i gonna do? Please help me!

First, help is usually sought in the Help Q &A forum. Second, in the Help section (look at the top of this forum for the Need Help? button), there are instructions on how to install mods. If you follow the instructions, you can install your sliders that way.

Finally, you resurrected a thread from 2009. And one with posts from Claeric, to boot.
Site Helper
#23 Old 1st Apr 2014 at 1:20 AM
Claeric: gone but not forgotten!

(I actually liked him. Am I weird?)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#24 Old 1st Apr 2014 at 3:06 AM
Why'd he get banned again?
Site Helper
#25 Old 1st Apr 2014 at 4:29 PM
He was clever, but he hadn't learned the value of not being snarky every time you disagree with someone, and he had a short fuse when he thought you were being silly or wrong. And he had a few people who were often baiting him while being polite themselves. (I still don't understand why Claeric-baiting was such a sport; it seemed to me like shooting fish in a barrel.) When everybody else is being polite and he's being a jackass, it's him that looks bad, and he managed to get most of the administration annoyed with him. He got a temp-ban for it, and then got a perma-ban when he came back and was still being himself.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Page 1 of 2