Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 13 (Who?), Viewed: 12048 times.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jun 2010 at 3:12 PM
Photography collection - Home décor! Help!
It's probably ridiculously obvious, right?
But I've tried everything I can think of and my sims budget is dwindling... I've become obsessed with completing this collection!

Anyway, I haven't even asked the question yet, so here goes (I'm pumped): What on earth classifies as "home décor" for the "home sweet home" collection?!?!?

Thanks in advance!

P.S. One of the subjects in the collection is a blank space.

What is it exactly that disgusts me about you? Don't worry about it.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 29th Jun 2010 at 10:40 AM
Does nobody know????

Test Subject
#3 Old 29th Jun 2010 at 11:31 AM
Hi,

I just fotographed something from the decoration bin in buy mode. I think it was within the 3 dots thingie. A few things I fotographed (that in my opinion were home decor stuff) weren't accepted so I just went on fotographing. I don't remember what it was that did work though, sorry about that. but you should just try fotographing some useless kitchen stuff or something for the bathroom. I hope this helps you, my game is in dutch but i'm pretty sure we are talking about the same thing. I had like no sleep the last couple of days ( Don't ever ask your very chatty married sister over for a sleepover while her husband is on a business trip) so I hope this makes some sence
Instructor
#4 Old 29th Jun 2010 at 11:16 PM
Home decor will show up when you try to photograph a couple of items, such as pictures, statues, clutter, etc. Just have your sim stand near a few of these objects, and they'll show up.

I'm not sure about the blank space. Do you mean that one of the subjects in the skill journal doesn't have words?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th Jun 2010 at 9:14 PM
Here's my list:

Furniture
A Nice Garden
(completely blank space)
Baby Stuff
Toys & Hobbies
Something Yummy
A Party!
Gadgets Galore
Cute Teddy Bear
A Toilet
Outdoor Stuff
Kitchen Kitsch
Bathroom Stuff
Home Decor

The blank space appears when taking pictures of two decorative objects together.
I reckon that the blank space may be a nameless clone of Home Decor with a higher priority (alphabetical?) so every picture I take that should be Home Decor comes out as " ". Is there any cure for this?

Instructor
#6 Old 2nd Jul 2010 at 8:44 AM
As far as I know all the things you mentioned should make the collection complete. I'm not sure if there's a cure for this, other than removing your cc. But I don't know if that will fix the game your currently playing.
Good luck!
Mad Poster
#7 Old 14th Jul 2010 at 10:36 PM
According to other sites the blank space is supposed to be the washing hamper that came with Ambitions. You do have Ambitions, don't you?
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 8:16 AM
No i do not, and as the blank photo op has been captured though i have no idea with what, that seems to not be the case.

Charmed Simmy's <Here
Charmed Simmy has a Myspace hope to see you there.
New Manor Uploaded & Great Charmed Stuff Too

I'm a Mommy first! I am Friendly, Outgoing, Opinionated, Confident, & Outspoken. I am also brutally honest, can you take it?
Test Subject
#9 Old 24th Jul 2010 at 5:12 AM
The black spot is just a blank spot even with Ambitions. I took some random shot and got it. I have no idea how exactly. I can't seem to get home decor though and I was hoping this could help.
Test Subject
#10 Old 5th Sep 2010 at 2:42 AM
i managed to get the "home decor" photo with the four topiary sculptures from ambitions
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 5th Sep 2010 at 11:16 AM
Home Decor:
Just filled up your room with paintings, works with me
Home Sweet Home:
Anything relates to home objects

you don't have to travel far far away... a visit to friends/neighbor home would do the trick too
Test Subject
#12 Old 11th Nov 2010 at 3:59 PM Last edited by SSara : 11th Nov 2010 at 5:50 PM.
The home decor pic is driving me nuts!

If someone could tell me what two objects of the game he took I'd feel so grateful!

I've read something about topiary sculptures in ambitions but I have ambitions and I don't know what those sculptures are...

Thank you so much!!!
Test Subject
#13 Old 11th Feb 2011 at 7:35 PM
Default Home Away from Home Decor
I was having the problem of "Home Decor" listed on my list twice as well - and I found a solution! I photographed Home Decor in France. I'm assuming it will work with home decor in any of the three travel locations. In the case that it does not, what I specifically photographed was a painting on the wall downstairs in the Nectary in France. Hope this solves the problem for everyone else!
Banned
DELETED POST
11th Aug 2011 at 7:18 AM
Default tilbud pĺ vinduer
This message has been deleted by HystericalParoxysm. Reason: Spam.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 11th Aug 2011 at 9:32 AM
The second "Home decor" shot was introduced with Ambitions. You can complete this shot with home crafted sculptures. Inventions, I'm not sure. But I've never succeeded so have it with the laundry stuff. Sometimes, I could get it in the consignment shop, pointing around the drafting table.

Section jump