Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#851 Old 12th Aug 2010 at 3:16 AM
So if I uninstall Ambitions, I'll have back the clear water? I suppose I can live without my white hydrangeas if it means having clear water. I just don't know what to do with one corner of the lot and the pond was such a great idea.

[you say you believe me but you don't deceive me]
Advertisement
Inventor
#852 Old 12th Aug 2010 at 4:01 AM
Well if you Uninstall it,you'll get clear blue water but if your house is saved with the ambitions patch it won't work .This is how it looked after i Unistalled it .

Forum Resident
#853 Old 12th Aug 2010 at 4:19 AM
Which would mean I'd have to start it all over again, and there's not enough time for that. Well, murky water it is, I guess. Thanks for warning me before I went ahead.

Inventor
#854 Old 12th Aug 2010 at 4:29 AM
Your welcome .Btw the water isn't that bad (But it is still fugly)

Lab Assistant
#855 Old 12th Aug 2010 at 4:49 AM
Another of EA's 'improvement' eh? Sometimes I wonder what's going on at the developer's office. They seem to never gets their act together 100%. Every patch, updates and expansion packs they always add cool things, fixes what's wrong, and screw up something else altogether. Same thing with Sims 2, but as I understand it Sims 3 has a different developer. Maybe the directive or the 'screw up culture' comes from EA itself?

@Vampire Aninyosaloh: so that's the real life issue you've been having. That's awful! I am so glad your best friend is found though, so many of these missing persons are never seen again. I wonder where they went or what happened. I guess the world's a big place, and unfortunately it is easy for people to disappear forever (whether through their own will or otherwise).
Forum Resident
#856 Old 12th Aug 2010 at 5:03 AM
Well, here's hoping that it shows up better in live mode than it does in build/buy mode, because right now, it barely even reflects the sun.

Inventor
#857 Old 12th Aug 2010 at 5:06 AM Last edited by gabrielorie : 13th Aug 2010 at 6:10 AM.
Yeah,those patches never work and they screwed up my saves .Another effect that was added was a blinding lighting effect .

By me,just about a week ago a 21 year old woman went missing and they found her,SLICED up in a bag!!
Test Subject
#858 Old 12th Aug 2010 at 5:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mia138
It looks lovely, MissPsy. Reminds me of beach huts on the seafront ( very english thing- not sure where you are from so it might not mean anything to you!). I love the colour mix and the real open air and summery feel it has to it. Good luck!

Thanks so much Mia. I'm from Oregon, close enough to the coast that I know what you mean. That's something I hadn't thought of before you mentioned it. Thanks again.
I aim to misbehave
retired moderator
#859 Old 12th Aug 2010 at 11:49 AM
Thanks a lot for your nice words guys Now, good luck to all of you. You're all awesome builders

Check out my tutorials: For TS4: Eyelashes and for TS2: Eyes and Eyes 2
-My Insta-

Please, call me Nina (:
Inventor
#860 Old 12th Aug 2010 at 1:41 PM
Did HP every post up in this thread somewhere the foundation she was going to use for round 4? She said in #create one day she was but I may have missed it in the thread somewhere lol

i'm bummed out by the milky water as well

The Simmer formerly known as Greenlea
Field Researcher
#861 Old 12th Aug 2010 at 4:35 PM
@Greenlea - Yes I'd like to have that foundation as well - could be interesting!
Inventor
#862 Old 12th Aug 2010 at 4:57 PM
hehe yeah I agree

Forum Resident
#863 Old 12th Aug 2010 at 8:55 PM
Ughk I only have 12 hours to finish ....

Official Foundation Challange Contestant. R1-R2-R3-R4

BLOGGER A Random Legacy - Vasher
Inventor
#864 Old 13th Aug 2010 at 6:18 AM
St. Simeon Chapel of Bliss
This is my entry for the (non-official) foundation contest (for the slow-builders among us who didn't manage to enter the first round in time ) - however, it's fun to build with these pre-made foundations anyway and maybe you'd like to see what I have come up with. Here's my idea for #4 foundation:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"St. Simeon Chapel of Bliss"

This old little chapel was build a loooong time ago. After the big fire, back in the 19th centuary, the residents of Twinbrook tried to rebuild the old chapel as is used to be but only a few decades later there was another (smaller) fire and after that the little chapel has been unoccupied and out of service for many years.

In 1979 a young athlete named Joey Brown moved into the private chambers of St. Simeon and started to restore the building. Over time the people of Twinbrook began helping him to give St. Simeon a new look. It took them a few months to make this place livable again.

The young man appreciated the help of the residents and since there was no other place for church services in Twinbrooks he invited the people to visit him every sunday to worship God.

Joey Brown gave up his career as an athlete and became Twinbrook's contact point for people in need and for everybody who wanted to talk. Soon they called him "Father Brown" (inofficial and unconfirmed by the Vatikan, of course) and Joey Brown silently accepted his new role in life and has ever been happy with his new life since then.

30 x 30 lot / Foundation 4
No CC but store items were used to build this

The Floorplans:

Groundfloor
The left door behind the entrance leads to the confessional of St. Simeon.
Pater Brown has his own entrance to this area at the farest end of the sanctuary.
The sanctuary is a very small and simple room. It gives room to ten attender at church.

1st Floor
In the first floor there's the gallery where Pater Brown is having choir practice twice a week with some people from town.
For visitors and attender at church there are also public toilets in the first floor.

2nd Floor
Pater Brown's private rooms are located in the second floor. The workspace is right behind the stairs and connected with the small kitchen and livingroom. His livingroom is nothing but a small table and two comfortable chairs at the farest end of the kitchen but Pater Brown is happy with his little living space. He loves to sit here while reading a good book or just to have a cup of tea while watching the sunset through the windows.
The door behind the workspace is leading to his small but cozy bedroom where he's holding his greatest treasures of his younger days when he was a successful athlete. Only a few steps away there's a door leading to his bathroom. Pater Brown is not very happy with the modern look of it, however, he got the interior donated from the residents of Twinbrook. "You can't say no to a gift, can you?" is what he usually tells his friends when they come for a visit.

At the reverse side of St. Simeon there's also an old little graveyard. "Pater" Brown loves to spend endless hours here with gardening and taking care of the old graves. He has never known any of the people who are buried there, however, he talks to them every day and brings them new flowers and candles.

Today "Pater" Brown is an old man but he still lives in St. Simeon Chapel of Bliss and keeps everything in shape.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok, I'm late - as always in the morning - have to go to work (again) but.... YAY! ... this is my last day at work before a three weeks holiday.... HURRAY!!!

Will be back this weekend to have a look at all of your wonderful creations. You guys really impressed me with your creativity - and also your speediness (lol). This have been great 4 weeks and I have learned very much from you all. Thank you!
Forum Resident
#865 Old 13th Aug 2010 at 10:11 AM
Wow I can't beleive its over It has been so fun and now I feel sad.. Yogi tea your lots is so awsome. Mine was nothing compared to that lol

The other one
#866 Old 13th Aug 2010 at 10:40 AM
Kayla, stop putting yourself down, your house is really cute and does not deserve to be called a dud!! I love your bathroom especially. The layout of your top floor is unusuall but I like it. It's like they're saying sleep is the least of their priorities, they prefer to spoil themselves with luxurious bubble baths etc. Also, was it you who just taught yourself to do split stairs? If so, you did a good job

Cloudburst, I like your slopey awning thing...might have to steal that idea later down the line

Yogi Tea
(For some reason I keep thinking you're called PG Tips, must be the reference to tea and the big pointy tips of your ears ) I hunted all over the build catalogue for that wall covering you used in your bathroom when I did my oceanic themed house but just could not find it. I convinced myself that I imagined it or that it must've been in the downloads folder I removed for the contest....where the hell did you find it?

I've loved being part of this contest but I'm also soooo glad it's over, now I can get my life back between my mother in law visiting for a week, a baby to look after and trying to get entries in on time I've pretty much left myself with no free time all month I haven't even been commenting much lately 'cause I haven't had the time to procrastinate like I normally do (darn my slow work rate!! ) but I'll try to go back and make all the comments I wanted to make tomorrow. Now it's almost 3 am and I really should attempt to sleep.

PS thanks to HP and all the judges. Sorry to hear about your uncle HP.

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller
Forum Resident
#867 Old 13th Aug 2010 at 10:43 AM
lol No Miss roxor it just didnt turn out the way I wanted it too.... Im a virgo... that should say enough lol

Lab Assistant
#868 Old 13th Aug 2010 at 12:59 PM
Yogi-Tea - Awesome job, you definitely captured the look and feel of a real church and still kept it functional in terms of the living space! I wish you could have got this one in the competition, would definitely have been a high scoring entry I think . Great work!
Inventor
#869 Old 13th Aug 2010 at 1:29 PM
I think I've hit a builders block since I'm done with all my entries. I want to build something and can't think of anything. I miss having a foundation to work with lmao

I tried twice last night to build something and detested both lots and quit.

Lab Assistant
#870 Old 13th Aug 2010 at 2:41 PM
Yogi-tea I love that chapel, very nice work. Come to think of it I am surprised not more people made a chapel out of it. The first thing I thought was church, and second church and third church and then I thought I'd better not make a church since most likely everyone will... turns out either most decided not to for the same reason or not as many as I thought had that idea. I think Feldynn even made a comment about it looking like a church, sorry too lazy to check atm. Anyway like I said: very nice work!

Missroxor I agree with you about that comment at Cloudburst, that "slopey awning thing" as you put it is definately a steal-worthy idea (nice work Cloudburst!). I just looked over your inn and I love the detail of the texturing of the outside house, the way you took the picture of the inn part of the...ehm...inn, very nice looking waterfall and I am definately gonna steal that idea for the barn doors some day! Your entry is sure to get a high score!

Kaylarox Very nice idea with the butterflies, where did you find those outfits?
Lab Assistant
#871 Old 13th Aug 2010 at 7:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Greenlea
I think I've hit a builders block since I'm done with all my entries. I want to build something and can't think of anything. I miss having a foundation to work with lmao

I tried twice last night to build something and detested both lots and quit.

I got a builder's block too, I've been worried about getting one since round 1, so I'm just glad I managed to do them all.

I found a half built house that I never finished because I forgot where it was, and I was too stuck to do anything with it. I didn't even want to think about an empty lot to start from scratch on. I had to go back to playing with my empty gardens and houses with no more interior than their bare necessities and a only few decorative items.
Inventor
#872 Old 13th Aug 2010 at 8:03 PM
I'm half tempted to ask someone to do some random foundation and send it to me lmao

Fluffy
retired moderator
#873 Old 13th Aug 2010 at 8:05 PM
Yogi-Tea, i really don't understand why you're not in the contest. That looks awesome. It's also close to what I had in mind for this foundation.
Brilliant minds think alike, and all that
Forum Resident
#874 Old 13th Aug 2010 at 9:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fyendiar
Yogi-tea

Kaylarox Very nice idea with the butterflies, where did you find those outfits?

I found them at parmisions, or something starting with P. Hahahaha. I looked for ages to find something else but all the cool stuff was asian and I couldn't download them hahahaha.

Turns out butterflies are a paint in the bum.... and pictures didn't turn out the way I wanted them even in slow motion hahaha...

But I have come a LONG way since round one I can assure you

Anyone see my cfe stairs hahahahahahaha Highlight of round 4 deffinatly.

And Lethe - Yogi Tea had an awsome entry, I think it would be awsome in lime green and hot pink too

Inventor
#875 Old 13th Aug 2010 at 10:54 PM Last edited by Yogi-Tea : 20th Aug 2010 at 6:35 AM. Reason: moved file to social group "foundational building" to avoid double post
kaylarox: Thank you for the compliment but I agree with missroxor. Your house is a cute and homey little faerie home and I especially love the garden with the little pond around the house. Very lovely.
(ps: "lime green and hot pink"? )

Quote: Originally posted by missroxor
(For some reason I keep thinking you're called PG Tips, must be the reference to tea and the big pointy tips of your ears )
Yogi-Tea is my nick from "old" times in which I used to be an active Star Wars fan - my avatar still looks a bit like it (sort of yoda-like creature, only bigger).
As for the wall covering in the bathroom - the "Wall with Water Element Etchings" can be found in build mode -> wall coverings -> siding (it's in the middle of the second row). It can easily be missed since it's in grey and doesn't stand out to the other wall siding.

feldynn: Thank you - I'm glad no one can see me blush now. It took me a whole day to think about what to build and another day to decide how to build it and to get started. I wasn't sure if I could finish it in time.

Fyendiar: It's strange but I found this small and simple foundation very difficult. At the end I had only one idea for this round. I haven't had the time yet to look at all other entries but if this was the only church in this round I'd really be surprised.

Greenlea: You must be very desperate.
You may play around with the foundation I attached to this post. Have fun!

Lethe_s: It's because I'm ssssslow...
But never mind, I learned alot during this contest even without officially participating. This contest was great fun - not only because of building things that I never had thought of but especially because of all the fantastic creations other people came up with.

@all: I hope you all are going to upload your houses to MTS. Please do so - I'd love to have them in my game. We'd actually need a complete new world for all these houses - with only 30 x 30 lots in it.

EDIT: Foundation X (file and picture) has been moved to --> Social Groups --> Foundational Building

Page 35 of 39