Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#326 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 4:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RiottheRedcap
It's so horribly annoying. I was doing the Heir quest, and after my poor King spent ages just trying to catch his beloved to socialize with her enough to woo hoo (she kept going to market and was un-selectable) by the time he finally had her happy and ready in the royal bedroom they kept getting interrupted! Over and over again, each time he would try to woo hoo, some random person hanging out at the castle would come into his bedroom and use his chamberpot. -_- (A few sims wound up being sent to the stocks after that.)

There should really be a way to lock the doors, or even just admit family only (ie. castle staff).

I also find it severly annoying !! There must be a way to lock doors or use a private flag..
Simply sending them to the stocks wont do either, as they come back 24 hours later...and killing them doesnt help either, as new generations of ambassadors arrive :P
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#327 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 6:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shimrod101
Speaking of cameras, here's a couple interesting views from the wizard's tower:

How'd you do that?

Sometimes the Dragon wins and I AM the Dragon!
Test Subject
#328 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 9:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tiinii
Hi all,
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post - but I keep thinking about the issue with annoying NPCs swarming everywhere in the hero's private rooms and using his things. I noticed that most NPCs - except for the monarch's councellor, for some reason - do not use the hero's bed. Everything else, but NOT the bed. So I'm wondering, maybe there's a sort of "private" flag set on the beds? And maybe that flag could be "exported" to other objects or, even better, to entire rooms? Although I'm not sure whether there really are "rooms" that the game recognizes as such ...
Also, maybe if it were possible to gain some access at least to the doors in this remnant sims 3-build mode -thingy I saw around the forum, they could somehow be altered there, to be lockable?
And lastly, there seem to be a lot less NPCs at some locations, the sorcerer's tower for example. There must be something, some sign or whatever that draws them to the other places - like in Sims 3, where you have these "visitors not wanted" / "visitors wanted" flags for community lots.

I know, not too interesting, these little findings, but since I really REALLY hate those invading NPCs more than anything else, I wanted to try at least to be as helpful as my little self can with getting rid of them ...

My theory is that locations with lots of uninvited guests all have some kind of draw to them. Note that the blacksmith's responsibilities often have the item recipient coming to the blacksmith shop to pick up their order. I think that draws NPCs randomly as well for some reason. The merchant's shop draws NPCs most obviously when opened, but I notice a lot congregating at all times inside the building too. Tavern is obvious. Castle as well. Clinic I get a lot downstairs, almost never any upstairs. Wizard's tower I never have randoms. Spy tower never. Barracks I get some on occasion, but usually they avoid the bedroom. The churches both have NPCs constantly.

Conclusion I draw is that some buildings and (maybe) rooms are flagged while others have a different draw (like the blacksmith shop). More effective than a privacy setting on rooms might be (as suggested in another thread on this topic) a mod to disable the need for privacy. That is, a mod that would allow sims to woohoo and whatever else without privacy. Not so great for storyliners but helpful for those of us just trying to work through the game.
Instructor
#329 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 9:34 PM
Frankly I'd prefer a mod to keep any NPC not necessary for game-play (such as the blacksmith's clients and the monarch's direct entourage, or the priest's congregation) out of their homes, not so much because of privacy (true, it's a modern concept quite unknown to the Middle Ages) but because sometimes they're so cluttered with Sims they're all whining and stomping like idiots because of route fails. Plus all those Sims really slow the game down.

"Deep down I'm pretty superficial"

Forum Resident
#330 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 9:44 PM
Privacy might have been less common, but people got beheaded for a lot less in the middle ages then what the average visiting sim does around the castle.

Starting swordfights, using the monarch's bath, eating the food prepared for the monarch, and messing around with the strategy table would all be serious offenses in the middle ages.
Mad Poster
#331 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 10:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Winterhart
How'd you do that?

With this: http://ts3.tscexchange.com/index.php?topic=5181.0

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Test Subject
#332 Old 9th Apr 2011 at 12:12 AM
I may have found an issue with the 'Edit in CAS' mod (it could be from something else, but I"m not positive. I have no idea how to mod.)

Basically I had clicked the CAS hack option on another hero sim (who wasn't active) to adjust something on her. When I went to play her next I noticed that her 'change clothing' option has nothing in there, no bedclothes or anything. If I try to go into either 'plan outfit' or CAS hack it just stays on the loading screen and won't progress further. If she tries to sleep in a bed it un-selects because she doesn't have any bedclothes.

So, this could be something from the hack. I'm not 100% sure that it's from the CAS hack, or some other glitch.

BTW, besides this little trouble, I seriously love the CAS hack. ^_^ It's been really useful.
Lab Assistant
#333 Old 9th Apr 2011 at 12:14 AM Last edited by TummyZa : 9th Apr 2011 at 4:09 AM.
Testing male body skin replacement.
Btw I can't have sub folder in mod>package, can I?
Cause when I try, the mods didn't work.

editted*
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  TSM_maleskin_test_tummyza.rar (4.74 MB, 22058 downloads) - View custom content
Inventor
#334 Old 9th Apr 2011 at 12:24 AM
I've added the latest version of the DTTB Converter, which fixed the last issue I was aware of. I also added a Wrapper for S3PE. Instructions on how to add it are in the readme.txt in the .zip. I hope they make sense.

@zano972: If Zach's suggestion of switching off Preview doesn't work, you could try to use the Wrapper I posted today.

Off to bed now...
Lab Assistant
#335 Old 9th Apr 2011 at 12:29 AM Last edited by zano972 : 9th Apr 2011 at 12:47 AM.
OK thanks a lot velocitygrass and Zach it works FINE !!!! now

and to Shimrod101 too

If you want to know your future...create it!
Instructor
#336 Old 9th Apr 2011 at 1:25 AM Last edited by alexpilgrim : 9th Apr 2011 at 1:45 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by TummyZa
Testing male body skin replacement.
Btw I can't have sub folder in mod>package, can I?
Cause when I try, the mods didn't work.

You are my hero! Any chance of a hairier version? Just kidding, this is such a great improvement!

I tried editing the Resource.cfg file to include sub-folders like in TS3 but it didn't work...

Lab Assistant
#337 Old 9th Apr 2011 at 2:30 AM Last edited by TummyZa : 9th Apr 2011 at 4:11 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by alexpilgrim
You are my hero! Any chance of a hairier version? Just kidding, this is such a great improvement!

I tried editing the Resource.cfg file to include sub-folders like in TS3 but it didn't work...

Hmm

More hairy
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  TSM_Hairy_maleskin_test_tummyza.rar (5.04 MB, 16451 downloads) - View custom content
Instructor
#338 Old 9th Apr 2011 at 2:37 AM
Hmm

More hairy
Still have clipping area, will edit later

This is what I needed for this game to be perfect!

Eminence Grise
#339 Old 9th Apr 2011 at 3:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bstar84
My theory is that locations with lots of uninvited guests all have some kind of draw to them. Note that the blacksmith's responsibilities often have the item recipient coming to the blacksmith shop to pick up their order. I think that draws NPCs randomly as well for some reason. The merchant's shop draws NPCs most obviously when opened, but I notice a lot congregating at all times inside the building too. Tavern is obvious. Castle as well. Clinic I get a lot downstairs, almost never any upstairs. Wizard's tower I never have randoms. Spy tower never. Barracks I get some on occasion, but usually they avoid the bedroom. The churches both have NPCs constantly.

Conclusion I draw is that some buildings and (maybe) rooms are flagged while others have a different draw (like the blacksmith shop). More effective than a privacy setting on rooms might be (as suggested in another thread on this topic) a mod to disable the need for privacy. That is, a mod that would allow sims to woohoo and whatever else without privacy. Not so great for storyliners but helpful for those of us just trying to work through the game.

Could be controlled via lot zoning/venue XML like in TS3
Test Subject
#340 Old 9th Apr 2011 at 4:48 AM
is there a mod for "buydebug"?
Test Subject
#341 Old 9th Apr 2011 at 6:50 AM
Hmm

More hairy

can i have both your skins in my packages folder or only one?
Lab Assistant
#342 Old 9th Apr 2011 at 9:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by alexpilgrim

Weird. I have almost all my stuff in sub-folders and they work just fine. I know I got my Resource.cfg file from here too. I'm pretty sure it was the one that came with the no mosaic mod because that's the first thing I installed.
Inventor
#343 Old 9th Apr 2011 at 11:18 AM
I've added a Medieval CASPart wrapper for S3PE in my post in this thread (#293).
Instructor
#344 Old 9th Apr 2011 at 11:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kirkara
can i have both your skins in my packages folder or only one?

It's a default skin, you can only have one default skin in the game.

Inventor
#345 Old 9th Apr 2011 at 1:00 PM
I have a resource.cfg uploaded for the Geman community here, that works just fine with subfolders:

http://www.mediafire.com/?jz9jxhlr12rr41v
Field Researcher
#346 Old 9th Apr 2011 at 1:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chingshan
is there a mod for "buydebug"?
http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=438701 there is an auto buy debug in this thread.

I'm cooler than cool! I'm stupid!
Instructor
#347 Old 9th Apr 2011 at 1:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by crinrict
I have a resource.cfg uploaded for the Geman community here, that works just fine with subfolders:

http://www.mediafire.com/?jz9jxhlr12rr41v

Yes, just checked in game, perfect! Thanks!

Forum Resident
#348 Old 9th Apr 2011 at 1:49 PM Last edited by Guysim1993 : 9th Apr 2011 at 4:38 PM.
Hmm

More hairy

You are seriously the best!

Does this body replacement work with the sliders? Or does this body replace all of the male Sims' bodies (even heavy Sims)?

EDIT: Never mind! Just put them in my game and they are perfect! No more blank bodies :D

~ Guysim's Behance Profile ~

"When This baby goes 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious !*@#"
- Doctor Emment Brown A.K.A Doc, Back To The Future
Test Subject
#349 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 3:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Shimrod101
With this: http://ts3.tscexchange.com/index.php?topic=5181.0

Thank you!
Test Subject
#350 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 7:13 AM Last edited by Zforce911 : 10th Apr 2011 at 7:25 AM.
TUMMYZA W/ THE SKINS FTW..... seriously, this is the only mod I was literally waiting for. 'Preciate that good sir.

There is no emotion... there is peace.
Page 14 of 24