Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Oct 2011 at 1:13 AM
Default Things I've Seen/Heard/Read About in The Sims 3: Pets- V2
This is a continuation of the discussion in this thread:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=444403

Please continue in this thread, as the last one is ~100 pages!

If you wish to discuss the Create-a-Pet demo tool and Twallan's Jailbreak mod, please post here:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...d=1#post3656099

If you wish to post images of your pets/ Create-a-Pet demo, please post here:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=456751
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 1st Oct 2011 at 1:32 AM
Wow, I didn't know it would get so insane!
Field Researcher
#3 Old 1st Oct 2011 at 1:56 AM
I know! I'm still begging Dad to let me get it *sighs*
Scholar
#4 Old 1st Oct 2011 at 2:48 AM
I think that Pets is the expansion that EA had put more effort so far. The other expansions, especially Generations, have almost nothing compared with the amount of content that Pets is bringing.
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#5 Old 1st Oct 2011 at 3:23 AM
Yes, pets has OMFG, tons and tons of new interactions and animations. In comparison, there has been hardly any (atleast major ones) in the previous EPs. Like with Generations, we get a table made out of skateboards... instead of getting an actual skateboarding interaction lol. Now we get like a horse... AND GET TO FREAKIN' RIDE IT.
Test Subject
#6 Old 1st Oct 2011 at 5:48 AM
I'm so excited about TS3 Pets! I must've made 20 pets... Hehe!
Theorist
#7 Old 1st Oct 2011 at 5:48 AM
If you want to see the limited edition pet store and all the exclusive stuff it was shown in the Pets Digital Town Hall. Ryan starts showing it at around the 56 minute mark. It's also shown again near the beginning of part 3 (get to the end of part 1 and let it go to parts 2 and 3 automatically). I noticed the lot size is 30x20 (the lot I had reserved for it in my world is 20x25...D'oh! Guess I'll have to build my own version). I really like some of the items, especially the turtle shell bed that's called "It's a me, Kitty!" Really glad I pre-ordered it. BTW, the whole stream is worth watching especially if you wish to see the producers running around the stage like idiots and Ryan getting pelted by NERF darts.

It's funny, just as people get tired of TS3 and decide to go back to TS2 EA finally brings back pets. I wouldn't be surprised if Pets re-converts a lot of simmers not only because pets is so popular but because this EP is so well done. They could have just brought back cats and dogs, copy and pasted the werewolves from TS2 and call it a day and still make tons of money. But no, they actually went above and beyond by introducing horses, wildlife and bringing in even more minor pets than Unleashed had. There's even some great non-pets stuff such as collections, the ice cream truck, the name generator, and the pet brick from OFB. I haven't been this excited for an EP since Ambitions.

I really hope Pets sets the standard for the rest of the EPs going forward. If it does, we're in for some truly awesome expansion packs that don't feel like they're doing the bare minimum.
Instructor
#8 Old 1st Oct 2011 at 5:58 AM
Awesome, but I am afraid that this is only this amazing because it is sort of like a new basegame, if get what I am saying.

My true to life tumblr: http://smargent.tumblr.com/
Instructor
#9 Old 1st Oct 2011 at 8:26 AM
I've fallen out of the simming world for a little while, but started getting back into it just maybe a month ago. How awesome to find out that we're due for a new EP soon I'm trying not to let myself look at all the news, info, features, pics, etc.... I don't want to get too excited, because I probably won't get to buy it right away. Or, even if I do, I've got so much going on in my life right now I'll hardly have the time to play - and that's just torture if I've got a shiny new EP to play with!

I really didn't like Pets in TS2, and eventually ended up uninstalling it. However this one looks like it will be much more involved and hopefully just better in general. Is it weird if I'm most excited about the ice cream truck??

waiter, there's a conundrum in my soup
The Adom Legacy
Mad Poster
#10 Old 1st Oct 2011 at 10:54 AM
I really like the look of the limited edition pet store. Now if only someone could mod the register to allow us to actually buy pets there too...

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Instructor
#11 Old 1st Oct 2011 at 12:39 PM Last edited by anie_1981 : 1st Oct 2011 at 2:20 PM.
I bought pre-order, but normal edition. I don't need this fancy shop. Game have enough pet acessories. But I'd like to know how many objects are in this shop.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 1st Oct 2011 at 3:51 PM
I got Late Night as a presant from a friend and couldn't wait to use it. I barely had anything. The vampires weren't that evil or anything .

Pets on the other hand looks amazing. I seems to me that EA realised people were getting bored and they had to make a really good Extension Pack to hook

us back into playing and buying the Sims games. This is only my opinion though.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 1st Oct 2011 at 4:17 PM
I'll do what I always do when an expansion comes out. I'll complain that it's too much money and refuse to buy it until the price comes down. The first thing I do when I wake up the next morning...go out and buy the expansion pack.

I once thought i was sad because I had no shoes, then I saw a man with no feet.
Animals are such agreeable friends – they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms.
Forum Resident
#14 Old 1st Oct 2011 at 5:34 PM
I don't remember who asked in the previous thread, but the DCCache folder is located:
User --> Documents --> Electronic Arts --> The Sims 3
It should be between your DCBackup and Downloads folder.

WorldCaches folder is located:
User --> Documents --> Electronic Arts --> The Sims 3
It should be after the Thumbnails folder and the last folder in The Sims 3 folder.

If you need to, organize your folders by name to find them easier.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 1st Oct 2011 at 6:11 PM
I don't know what just happened, but my self-diagnosed OCD is going off the wall right now. D:

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Forum Resident
#16 Old 1st Oct 2011 at 6:33 PM
for 1 sec i was thinking this would be a thread about a pet expansion on top of the first pet expansion,
and thought wth? though i knew this couldnt be, as it would be madness. *lol*

so...not so long anymore till we can enjoy our sims pets and wildlife!
Field Researcher
#17 Old 1st Oct 2011 at 11:50 PM
I'm looking forward for this EP, it really seems so full of interesting things< unlike Generations, which was just a way to make money out of nothing... well, almost nothing.

I heard there will be wild horses wondering through the town... now, that's a bit too much. I don't think it is a good idea to have horses running through a big city with skyscrapers...
Field Researcher
#18 Old 2nd Oct 2011 at 1:20 AM
i haven't used the CAP demo yet so i can't really judge, but based on the trailers and everything i'm not that excited about this EP (at least, not compared to how excited i was about the others). i'm definitely going to try it out and everything, and i'm sure i won't hate it, but when i played TS2, pets was my least favourite EP. i'm a major animal person in real life, but in the game they just seemed like a nuisance. hopefully this EP will be an improvement though! i am looking forward to it.
Eminence Grise
#19 Old 2nd Oct 2011 at 1:35 AM Last edited by Srikandi : 2nd Oct 2011 at 2:04 AM.
Ooooh... after the massive amount of info that's been released for pets officially (not to mention the various datamining efforts), there's not much new left, but I did spot a couple of infobits that are new to me at least. These are from a group of Q+A sessions that have just come out... apparently a bunch of fansites were asked to submit questions last Spring, which are only now getting answers. Not clear if the information is up-to-date; one thing that's a bit concernting is that several of em asked about pets in vacation worlds, and were told "no". Lately the answer to that has been "yes"... let's hope that means it changed Links to all the Q+As can be found here, as always: http://www.simprograms.com/

Quote:
"the pets do have some unique moments with the grim reaper where they can save their owners" -- interesting... if the relationship is high enough I suppose... have a loyal dog, don't need a death flower!
"There aren’t any chickens, but sneaky cats and wild raccoons would be happy to eat any leftover food you leave behind!" -- I guess that means raccoons may sneak into houses... can they open doors? :O Maybe it just applies to picnics and food left outside (better clean up the cake after that wedding!)

From SimNieuws: http://www.simsnieuws.nl/2011/10/01...or-de-simgurus/

Quote:
"Pets don’t have as distinct of stages as Sims, however they will get pregnant and have associated moodlets" -- does a pregnant cat suddenly crave a shrew or chinchilla? :D
"If you have Generations & Pets, will you be able to walk your baby in a stroller and walk your dog at the same time?
You won’t be able to do it at the same time, but you would be able to do it individually."
"There are individual Autonomy controls in the options, so you can set Puts to Full Autonomy, and Sims to manual control if you want." -- Good... I'm sure I'll want to control em SOMEtimes, but not ALL the time
"Cats, Dogs, and Horses can open and close regular doors, although they have been updated so you can Lock them for just pets if you want." -- Somebody in the other thread asked whether you could have indoor cats, this would be the way to do it
ROFL: I don't think this SimGuru knows what "dressage" means (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dressage): "Will there be dressage for Horses? In Create a Pet you’ll be able to fully customize a Horse’s Saddle and reins!"

From SimsVIP:https://docs.google.com/document/d/...?hl=en_US&pli=1
Field Researcher
#20 Old 2nd Oct 2011 at 1:59 AM
Some new info: (at least to me.) Birds can fly from perch to perch. There won’t be any returning sim characters in the new hood. It says that adult cats can jump on toddlers (which is interesting to me because there was no option for it when I played the hacked demo.) There are no pet clothes—so I guess the preorder pet costumes are for sims. There are no new cheats. More than one cat can play on a jungle gym at a time. Also, it sounds like there may be a brain freeze moodlet from the new ice cream.

ISims
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 2nd Oct 2011 at 10:30 AM
Just in case someone is interested in new screenshots and hasn't seen those yet, here are the links for the ones posted on SimsPlanet2 Forum:
part 1
part 2
part 3
part 4

I'm definitely in love with Appaloosa Plains! Can't wait to play it! :lovestruc
Forum Resident
#22 Old 2nd Oct 2011 at 7:07 PM
I'm incredibly impressed by how nice the homes in Appaloosa Plains look. Cant wait to play!
Eminence Grise
#23 Old 2nd Oct 2011 at 10:23 PM
Worst Google translate of all time, but it appears that pets with certain traits can drive ghosts back into their graves Handy! http://translate.googleusercontent....4Z5yQB8PkEcZwmA

I've been thinking about pets and occult sims. Wouldn't an Imaginary Friend with a Unicorn be fun?
Top Secret Researcher
#24 Old 3rd Oct 2011 at 12:05 AM
Oh, a Ghost Vampire Imaginary Friend riding a Ghost Unicorn.

I can't wait.

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
Mad Poster
#25 Old 3rd Oct 2011 at 6:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
Worst Google translate of all time, but it appears that pets with certain traits can drive ghosts back into their graves Handy! http://translate.googleusercontent....4Z5yQB8PkEcZwmA

I've been thinking about pets and occult sims. Wouldn't an Imaginary Friend with a Unicorn be fun?

I love it; "Wrath of The Sims 3 pets"

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Page 1 of 5