Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#151 Old 27th Jun 2010 at 2:18 PM
I was waiting for someone else to update before I did again.. I hope this isn't considered double posting.

Turns out that Clara is quite the flirt. The whole family has just about maxed out outgoing points, so the ACR is just crazy in this house. Here's Clara flirting with a teenage Benjamin Long (teenage townies are hard to come by):

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

And sure enough, not long after, we have a bit of a scandal:

Clara's mother, Suzanna, is about the most worthless sim I've had yet. She didn't take care of her kids, she burns food STILL with almost maxed cooking skill. She's horribly lazy. She was only able to have 2 children even though they woohoo'd like crazy. She had the "have a baby" want her whole adult life. She's an elder now, and I'll be kind of glad when grim finally comes around for her.

Clara ended up having a beautiful blonde boy named Thomas.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I want to see more updates from the rest of you playing this challenge! :p
Advertisement
Test Subject
#152 Old 28th Jun 2010 at 5:05 AM
Default custom content
where did you guys get your custom content? I can't find any x.x
Test Subject
#153 Old 28th Jun 2010 at 5:19 AM
nevermind found some :]
Scholar
#154 Old 28th Jun 2010 at 6:03 AM
1. This isn't the WCIF forum.
2. Don't double post.

I'm not a mod, but these are a few of the rules.
Mad Poster
#155 Old 30th Jun 2010 at 4:36 AM
Prosthetics: Relax dude, not all double posting is bad.
Nice stories guys, Im getting tempted to do this as well, but in modern times so I can integrate the story to my current hood.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#156 Old 30th Jun 2010 at 5:23 AM
I'd be interested to see a modern-day adaptation. If you do one, Ani, definitely post the pictures here.

Monkeys: yeah, I got a couple of dud moms too. XD One of 'em, Sandy, basically had her kids and then left them lying on the floor and went off to make snow angels. Her poor husband had to take care of them AND juggle the garden plot, which she whined about working in whenever I told her to.
Scholar
#157 Old 30th Jun 2010 at 5:23 PM
Okay, I know I have to do this challenge now. Although I don't know if I have the patience to go through five generations, haha. Pictures up soon.

"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
- Douglas Adams (The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)
tumblr
Scholar
#158 Old 2nd Jul 2010 at 1:07 AM
I have so many pictures from the first generation to show you guys! But I haven't gotten the time to edit them yet. Hopefully I'll get the chance to do that soon.
Field Researcher
#159 Old 2nd Jul 2010 at 2:11 PM
I'd love to see a modern-day adaptation!! Please post pics if you do it!

My challenge is still going strong... John Jr. and Suzanna are reaching their final days while John III met himself a nice woman. Clara wound up having a set of twins to bring her total to 4 kids. Once the twins became toddlers they moved out of the house and in with her aunt Elizabeth down the road. Elizabeth never had children, so she welcomed her with open arms (and now they are out of my hair thank goodness!)

John III met Laura Waverly, a beautiful girl from the upside of town. She lived alone with her mother in a gorgeous, high-class manor. She fell in love with a boy from the country!

The day John III became an adult, he proposed to Laura. They had a lovely wedding at John III's home. Most of the family attended, and what craziness it was! I should have put the refrigerator in someones inventory Here they are having their first dance as man and wife!

And check 'em out leaving for their honeymoon in the carriage!! It would have been silly to have a stretch limo pull up in 1908 lol Laura's mother made sure that her daughter got the proper honeymoon. She was marrying a poor boy, after all....

Time to start trying for generation #4!!!
Test Subject
#160 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 8:40 AM Last edited by Phaenoh : 7th Feb 2014 at 9:48 PM.
Default Farming Challenge
Ok here is a challenge I haven't seen before, so I'm posting it. I made it up to make my own game more interesting and hope you enjoy it as much as I do (wow that laugh sounded evil).

The Goal: The challenge is over when the 10th generation assists in their first harvest.(this means there are no pregnant Sims, babies or toddlers at the time.) You may also used the 3rd, 6th, and 8th generations.

Rules:

1. No Sim in the family may have an outside job.

2. No Sim may open any business except one that sells animals or produce that were raised/produced (Sewing, pottery, flowers, honey, and flour fit into this category) on the lot. The business has to be a home-business.

3. Only Sims on the lot are subject to these rules.

4. You may use any Sim or Sim Family that does not have a net worth above 35,000.

5. There must be at least a 4*4 garden plot per a person above a toddler.This plot must be sold not harvested. The max is 5*6. There must also be at least one fruit tree with a max of two per a Sim child and up(Sims 3 use 8-12 plants per person same number of trees).

6. You are not allowed to buy food, your Sims must grow it themselves.

7. There must also be a food garden with at least 3 plots for each type of produce, as well as one of every fruit tree. (in Sims 3, you need 6 rows of three different things and three diffrent types of tree.)

8. If you have livestock they must have a barn (With stalls,I can provide links for livestock), if they can move on their own they must have an outdoor pen. If you're using dogs/cats they must have appropriate shelter, food bowls, and scratch/chew toys. This only applies if you have dogs that are "sheep" ect.(make sure you have it built before you buy/move-in any)

9. If you are using the trips/quads hack while it is allowed it has to be set as follows quads:0, trips:15, twins:35, and single:50. You can also only use random.

10. You have to decide on a definitive family structure. Meaning someone does domestic tasks, cares for the children, and tends the food garden BEFORE helping in the field or orchard. Someone is "In charge(family head)" sits at the head of the table and only works in the field and /or barn. All other members work can be divided as the player sees fit.

11. Similar to the legacy challenge there MUST be an heir. This can be decided one of four ways.

1. The child with the highest relationship to the head of the family.
2. The eldest child.
3. The eldest child with the same gender as the family head
4. The winner of some sort of contest. This can include all of the children born or only those of the same gender as the founder.
5. The child most like the family head. Can be same or different gender
6. A die roll, similar to the contest except with dice.

12. No hacks or cheats involving; bills, money, ect. All others are allowed. However if you want a baby you must try for a baby, or adopt.

13. In order to tell if a Sim is attracted to the same or opposite gender roll a 6-sided die. 1-2 same gender,3 both genders, 4-6 opposite gender. This must be done at birth,also if your Sim is a witch/wizard or has alien blood same sex pregnancy is allowed.

14. Fertility, is not the same as maxis here are the stats. This must be rolled at birth, and CANNOT effect who the heir will be. After they won't know until they start a family. For Sims married in it is rolled upon joining the family.

1-Infertile, must adopt
2-barely fertile, must roll a 6 to try for a baby
3-low fertility, must roll above 5 to try for a baby
4-Moderately fertile, must roll an even to try for a baby
5-High fertility, as log as you don’t roll a 1 or 2 try for a baby
6-Extremely Fertile, always try for a baby

If one partner is a 5 or 6 it raises the fertility of the other by one number (a Sim who rolled 1 is excluded from this). Both partners numbers must allow for trying for a baby. For example partner 1 has a fertility of 3, and partner 2 has one of 4. You must roll for each separately. If partner 1 rolls a 6 but partner 2 rolls a 3, you can’t attempt to have a baby. But If partner 1 rolls a 6 and partner 2 rolls a 4 you can try for a baby. If both roll a 6, you can use a hack to gat one pregnant, if they roll the same number (as long the number allows for the attempt at pregnancy) you can force twins. If you want to attempt to roll the same number a third time, for triplets you can but if you don’t get it you have to start from scratch.

15.All Sims above toddler-hood MUST work on the farm when not in school.

16.You are ONLY allowed to plant each of the crops ONCE per a year. I suggest a season shortening hack(I can recommend one).

17. All improvements can only be built after the harvest is in. You can build whatever you can afford moving in but you have to get one of the two largest lots, and it must be empty. You are also granted a exception to the money cheats rule you may use kaching up to three times if necessary.

18. All ghosts must be free to roam the lot, all graves/urns must be kept smashed/kicked or not.

19. School is optional, if you can get around it do.

20. Work is done from dawn to dusk ONLY(harvest and planting times are exceptions).

21.Every three days you must attempt to try for a baby.

22. Homework cannot be done until after dark or the work is done, unless the child is in danger of being taken away.

23. Anything immortal or dead can not be the heir

24. The dead do not come back unless zombies.

25. If a child is sent to college after graduation you must roll a 6-sided die, if it's anything other than a 5 or 6 they "refuse" come back to the home lot(they can be moved elsewhere in the neighborhood though). If it's a 1 the fell off the face of the earth and you have to delete them (in neighborhood screen) If you prefer you can move them to a different neighborhood.

26. In order to be a possible heir the Sim MUST be able to live in the house. If a Sim didn't "refuse" to move back home but moved out they can always move back in but have to be added to the family with cheats or hacks so they don't add money they shouldn't.

27. Adoption can only be done if the couple is the same gender or if they have gone 18 days and have not been able to have a child of their own.

Scoring:
+1 point for every baby born.
+1 point for every "good" birthday.
+1 point for not using a kaching (3 possible).
+1 point for every harvest.
+2 points for every A+.
+1 point for every set of twins.
+2 points for every set of triplets.
+1 point for every platinum death.
+1 point for every lifetime want fulfilled.
+3 point for every alien abduction.
+10 points per a non broken rule.

-1 point for every repo man.
-2 points per a child taken by the social worker.
-1 point for every "bad" birthday.
-2 point for using a kaching (other than exceptions).
-1 point for every time the plants all die.
-2 points for every D.
-4 points for every F.
-1 point for every Sim refuses to come home after college.
-6 points for every Sim that falls off the face of the earth after college.
-1 point for every lifetime want not fulfilled.
-1 point for every aspiration failure.
-10 points for every rule broken
-1 point for every toddler skill left unlearned(includes nursery rhyme if available).
-50,000 points for every use of motherlode.
Good luck, and have fun!

http://treebrooke-simsandmore.blogspot.com/ <- New Challenges

(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. I decided to help
(")_(")him gain world domination. COPY AND PASTE INTO YOUR SIGNATURE OR ELSE!!
Lab Assistant
#161 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 10:01 AM
For challenges like this it's good to maybe write a little bit of a preface describing what the point/goal of the challenge is instead of having to read through a huge wall of text of rules to find out where it's going. At least imo. Plus a bit of formatting would make it a bit easier to read.

On the surface it looks like an easier version of the Yeoman Farmer challenge, more like a legacy via farming I guess. I would try it, but in every challenge I've played I get bored after one generation
Lab Assistant
#162 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 11:06 PM
I agree with backpedal; definitely an easier version of the Yeoman Farmer Challenge, which I am currently doing. Also, for rule 25, you DO NOT EVER want to delete a sim. This will ultimately result in a Big Fiery Ball Visible from Space. Don't tell anyone to delete a sim, please. Planting only once a year seems ridiculous, especially since certainly crops do better during different seasons.
Test Subject
#163 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 2:42 AM
I meant in the neighborhood screen. I've also had no problem playing when I plant everything in the spring. It's always thriving when it's harvested but I will edit to allow each crop to only be planted once. Also to clear up confusion.

(\__/)
Test Subject
#164 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 3:05 AM
Ok I looked up the Yeoman Farmer Challenge, I disagree with the idea that this is a simply an easier version of the Yeoman Farmer Challenge. I didn't even know it existed for starters. Another thing is yes I did loosely base this on the legacy challenge, but I wanted something a little looser in some areas and stricter in others. For example that fact that your Sim just might be sterile, or nearly so. Or the fact that the player can''t control if a Sim like male of females. Some of the things that are closer to the Yeoman Farmer Challenge are kind of obvious, why would you buy food when you're growing it?

(\__/)
Mad Poster
#165 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 3:21 AM
I couldn't manage the whole challenge, I suck at keeping going with challenges for more than one or two generations! However, I love your ideas about fertility and orientation, I may see if I can incorporate that into my normal gameplay! :-)

Though for orientation I think I'd be inclined more towards something like: 1 - homosexual, 2 - bisexual, 3-6 heterosexual. Just because I don't want homosexual/heterosexual orientation to be 50/50. For one thing, I like my sims to breed a lot! :-D

The fertility roll numbers are awesome though.
Test Subject
#166 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 5:14 AM
Ok added bi and changed numbers, I also suck at more than two generations.I'm going to make it to ten this time! I will not kill my Sims, I will not kill my Sims, I will NOT kill my Sims. Wish them luck .

(\__/)
Scholar
#167 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 2:58 AM
Woo! I started, finally!

Founder:

My founder's house at first was a bit terrible:

But once she married Brandon Lillard (who I attempted to de-fuglify, without much luck) her house got better:

She has a gold badge in farming and a silver in fishing. Brandon has bronze in both, I think.

Here's their happy little family so far:

And she's pregnant with another.

tumblr
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#168 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 12:01 AM
Monkeys: You're just trucking along, aren't you? =) They look so happy!

Kaila: Your family looks good, too! How did the first little one turn out? Is she pretty?
Scholar
#169 Old 13th Aug 2010 at 9:40 PM
Yes, so far she hasn't inherited too much BrandonLillardness. Even if the picture looks like that. I haven't been playing in a few days but I'll update it soon.

tumblr
Test Subject
#170 Old 19th Mar 2011 at 4:03 PM
You're right, it was hard to read so I reformatted and fixed some spelling errors.

It is fun to play, though after a generation or two you may find your sims are rich! That's what happened to one of my families. The family that had to sell everything to other townies didn't fare quite as well . . .

For stories inspired by sims, visit Wayward Ink today!
Test Subject
#171 Old 20th Mar 2011 at 11:27 AM
if i were you,you should buy a grocery store or bakery.something to do with food cos thats what your making,so it like your selling it to people.
Test Subject
#172 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 3:29 PM
Go for it, if you like. It's supposed to be what you want it to be.

For stories inspired by sims, visit Wayward Ink today!
Test Subject
#173 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 9:20 AM
I think you should disallow the refurbishable car and servo bots. The refurbishable car cause you can make way too much profit that way. Buy it for $900 and in a day or 2 sell it for $5200. The servo bots because if you get enough of them you can have them do all the farming and even rotate them while the others charge up without having to worry about getting dirty or any of the other side effects. Maybe limit the servo bot on the lot to 1 I think would be fine.
Lab Assistant
#174 Old 30th Jun 2011 at 10:56 AM
I think I might try this challenge... but I doubt I will finish it. I will give you a story, but no pictures.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique.
Just like everyone else.
-Margaret Mead
Field Researcher
#175 Old 22nd Apr 2012 at 12:19 AM Last edited by Phaenoh : 7th Feb 2014 at 4:34 PM.
The Harvest Moon Challenge!
Forgive me if there is already a challenge like this! I searched around and found one for Sims 3, but not for Sims 2, and the other Sims 2 farming challenges are a bit different than this one. I hope I'm not stepping on toes.

One of my all-time favorite games (besides The Sims, of course!) is Harvest Moon. For those of you who have never heard of it, Harvest Moon is a farming sim game. You start the game after inheriting or buying a decrepit farm (the plot varies by each game within the series, but the one constant is that your character somehow comes into possession of a farm that is worn down and out of business). You are given a time limit (usually 4 years) to get the farm cleaned up, running, and successful again. In between the day to day chores, you must also make friends with the villagers, find and court a potential spouse (before your romantic rival does!) and get married and have kids.

I've been trying to implement this same sort of gameplay into the sims and I must say--it makes for an interesting, challenging time! The rules are this:

You are a city-sim who has grown weary of the fast life. While reading the paper you find an advertisement for a farm for sale, going for cheap! You're such an impulsive buyer (you already own 3 bullet blenders and a home total gym), that you jump at the chance!

You quit your job and use all your savings to buy the farm and move to the country, only to find that the 'farm' is little more than a desolate piece of land with a shack on it. But no matter! When life gives you lemons, you make lemonade.* You roll up the sleeves of your fashionable-yet-practical shirt and get to work. Unfortunately, there's a catch. The neighbors have tired of looking at this eyesore and have decided to flatten the entire thing and turn it into a parking lot. You're given a time limit of 3 years to get this farm fixed up, attractive, and profitable again or you're going to be homeless and this piece of mother nature will become just another slab of concrete.

Seasons is required, OFB makes it even more immersive, but is not necessary.

1.) Create a sim in CAS. It can be male or female, but it MUST be adult or older. No siblings, roommates, or children! You must do this on your own! ONE cat or dog is OK for now (you can get more later if you are willing to pay for them or if you adopt a stray) but not required.

2.) Place the sim on an empty lot of the largest size (EDIT: it slipped my mind that the largest lot is over 18k, making this a very difficult start! Instead, you can buy a 5x5 lot.) . NO money cheats, you must use your initial 20k to build and decorate your house. Remember that these funds will also go to starting your farm, so make sure to leave some money to get your crops started!

3.) NO cheats, hacks, or reward objects that increase, change, or modify your motives or give free money . If you have Freetime, you MAY use the aspiration benefits, however. Money trees are ok since they actually require upkeep (counterfeit money making machine is a no-no). You may also not use any hacks that alter your sims temperature (no overheating/no freezing) or the weather (no hail/rain/snow). Part of farming is dealing with the elements, so these setbacks MUST stay in your game!

4.) You cannot farm in winter without a greenhouse, so make sure to plan your harvest appropriately to ensure that you have enough food and money to survive those cold months! Your farm MUST experience all four seasons, too. No altering the seasons to get a full year of Spring!

5.) Your sim must live off the land! No Chinese, no pizza, and once you run out of groceries, you CANNOT HAVE MORE DELIVERED. So make sure to get those crops started ASAP and make sure to set some aside to live off of during the winter! If you use the "no free food with fridge" mod by dickhurt, then you can make 1 order of groceries when you first move in. After that, no more deliveries.

6.) Your sim can only make money on their lot. This means NO jobs and NO earning money on community lots. Money trees, painting, fishing, and writing are all acceptable forms of earning money. If you have OFB you may start a home business but you can ONLY sell what you have made, farmed, or fished up on your lot. If you start a home business, you may not use any cash perks until after the game is over and the points have been tallied.

7.) No servos or Bigfoots (Bigfeets?) allowed!

Using these rules, you have 3 years (3 complete cycles of all 4 seasons) to get your sims farm as prosperous as possible. You CAN (and should) use the Elixir of Life, because your sim will not survive the entire challenge without it! This challenge is more focused on the farm and time constraints of the seasons, not so much about generations, growing old, or legacies. If you prefer to follow a legacy-style gameplay, that's ok, too If your sim dies, then the spouse or one of the children may take over the farm. If your sim has no kin, game over.

Scoring is as follows:

1.) 10 points for every 10,000 simoleans your farm is worth (a farm with a net worth of 70k would earn 70 points)
2.) 50 points if your farmer sim is in a happy marriage or union at the end of the three years (LTR 90 or higher)
3.) 10 points for every child your farmer sim has with a happy relationship (LTR 90 or higher). Generations are cumulative, so if your sim dies and their child takes over, you get points for the children of your original sim and then any children of the next farmer sim.
4.) 5 points for every friend your farmer sim has. Only friends of your starter sim count. Family friends brought in from spouses or children do not count towards point total. Friends may be made via wishing well.
5.) 20 points for each functional building on your farm (farmhouse, barn, greenhouse, market, tool shed, etc). Functional being the key word!
6.) 5 points for every pet living on your farm with a happy relationship
7.) 2 points for every puppy or kitten born on your farm. They do not have to still be living on your farm to get points. Points are cumulative, so pets still living on your farm get points for being born on the farm and for living there happily at the end of the time frame (Example: a puppy born on the farm and then sold to a townie would earn 2 points. A puppy that was born on the farm and then kept happily would be worth 7. A puppy that was born on the farm and then kept, but with a low relationship score would only be worth 2)
8a.) 1 point for every level of business. 10 points if you have a level 10 home business.
8b.) An additional 10 points if you managed a level 10 home business without ever hiring another sim (help from family members is ok!).

Point deductions:

1.) -50 points if your starter sim dies for any reason other than old age (should you choose to not use Elixir). Another -25 if the sim that takes over also dies.
2.) -20 points for every sim death on the lot other than old age (pets dying of old age also do not get penalized).
3.) -10 for each visit by the repo man
4.) -15 for each child taken by a social worker, or each pet taken by the police.

I think I've covered everything! If you have any questions please ask and make sure to post pics of your farms as you go! I love to follow other simmer's games!

*Don't make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these!?
Page 7 of 12