Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#26 Old 21st Aug 2012 at 4:30 PM
I have copies of the Gussy Up hack and other hacks by ChristianLov but I am currently at work so I'm not able to upload them. If someone else can/has that would be great.

Tired of your workers' faces changing after you set a uniform? See this thread for more details and a potential fix.
-----
Check out my journal.
I now have a Simblr(in the making) please follow!
Simblr
Advertisement
Scholar
#27 Old 22nd Aug 2012 at 3:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bwinney43
I have copies of the Gussy Up hack and other hacks by ChristianLov but I am currently at work so I'm not able to upload them. If someone else can/has that would be great.

This is the link to a thread that has Liv Lukas' upload of all his hacks, here on MTS.

The best thing about a good thing is that it inspires a better thing. ♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Top Secret Researcher
#28 Old 22nd Aug 2012 at 4:00 AM
This happens to Ponsonby when he goes into a work uniform, even though he is the owner of said businesses. I typically just keep him in casual, since his businesses are often small, and don't require much maintenance (most of his businesses are lounges).
Scholar
#29 Old 22nd Aug 2012 at 4:21 AM
The "solution" is to set the uniform for each employee separately - not even trying to give him/her one of the already set ones. Well, this is not a solution, really - just a work-around. But it works. You can even set the make-up and a different hair-do if you just avoid sharing the set-up with other employees.

So the solution is to avoid having to look for solution. Amazing. A typical EAxis solution.

ETA. Actually, the amazing bit is that I'm still amazed by these things.

The best thing about a good thing is that it inspires a better thing. ♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Instructor
#30 Old 22nd Aug 2012 at 5:13 AM
I don't understand Simsica. If you click on an employee and select "set uniform" there is only an option to set hair and clothes. No makeup.
Scholar
#31 Old 22nd Aug 2012 at 5:33 AM Last edited by Simsica : 22nd Aug 2012 at 5:50 AM.
In that menu that opens, when the owner "sets uniform" there's a bugged feature to select an already set uniform and just assign it to another employee. This is where the bug shows itself.
When in that first tab of that menu, though, you can set uniform from hair to clothes. Just don't try to use it for another Sim.

ETA. Sorry, I thought you were asking about the general info. I might be wrong about the make-up, though. I haven't set the uniform in years, trying to avoid the issue, so maybe I'm missing some important part of the feature. *shrugs

I just realized why I thought setting the make-up was the part of a process: I use a mirror hack from Christianlov for this, and when I was last setting the uniforms I used it first to set the make up of my female employees - I don't mess up with make up normally, but this was a hip, fashionable type of lot, so I did it.
And I only remembered the part about not having my employees faces messed up, I guess, cause I did as I described in previous post and the make up and the hairs and everything was there. Usually when you do the setting thing, it just vanishes, or even worse: those faces all seem to be the same after using that feature.

Lab Assistant
#32 Old 23rd Aug 2012 at 7:38 AM
@joandsarah77 Cloner not needed.

========================================================================

FINALLY! It works!!!! Thanks for your help everyone!

I was planning to upload pics but my saved games are on a shared PC and I can't upload from there.

This won't "fix" the problem in the game but it is a great workaround for the problem. You will need to manually "Gussy Up" every affected employee.

1) Download: Christianlov's hacks here: http://www.mediafire.com/?i65cq8anvrfhqjl

2) The only hack you need is the "PlugInClosetGussyUp" Install it under EA > Sims 2 > Downloads. (Try putting it under a subfolder if it doesn't work).

3) Run the game. If you installed properly any sim can now "Gussy Up" other sims.

4) "Gussy Up > Change Appearance" on any Employee with the Face Change Glitch. Then click "Management > Set Uniform"
==============================================================================================

Even if you send your employees home and back to work they will still be "cured" when they return, so this is a great hack.
Theorist
#33 Old 23rd Aug 2012 at 10:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Simsica
The "solution" is to set the uniform for each employee separately - not even trying to give him/her one of the already set ones. Well, this is not a solution, really - just a work-around. But it works. You can even set the make-up and a different hair-do if you just avoid sharing the set-up with other employees.

That doesn't work for me.

Or maybe I misunderstood you. But I always assign outfits separately to each employee, the main reason being that unless I do it this way the set uniforms transfer over with the hair.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#34 Old 23rd Aug 2012 at 1:18 PM
Thanks for the info, it will be great to have a fix for this problem.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#35 Old 24th Aug 2012 at 4:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Babahara
That doesn't work for me.

Or maybe I misunderstood you. But I always assign outfits separately to each employee, the main reason being that unless I do it this way the set uniforms transfer over with the hair.

Exactly. same thign I said. never use the template one twice. Each employee separately.

Theorist
#36 Old 24th Aug 2012 at 10:17 AM
In that case I'm puzzled, because while doing that I usually have one employee per business who reverts to the default face.
Theorist
#37 Old 9th Sep 2012 at 12:07 PM Last edited by Babahara : 9th Sep 2012 at 1:00 PM.
Simsica, I think I misunderstood you. In fact, what I did was pick a custom outfit, THEN add it to business outfits and then use it. And I did the same for each employee, adding the same outfit to business outfits, but with different hair. I didn't know that you can make an employee wear something without transferring it into business outfits category!

So now I'm trying it your way, if that's what you meant.

Edit:

No, that didn't work, either. Once I picked new cloth, new hair, and pressed V, the employee who donned them immediately reverted to a default face.
Page 2 of 2