Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Interstellar Traveler
Original Poster
#126 Old 26th Oct 2012 at 7:01 PM
Oh of course! I know that most people may have troubles meshing because it's not that easy, so I encourage you to use a photo editor. And yes, you can advertise in both games.

I assume you are referring to the additional packages? This round you do not need to have an additional package to have decorations and such. The additional packages offered in the round are ones that will boost up your popularity rates a bunch! So I encourage you to at least use one or two.

Formally SeeMyu | Retired Mod
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#127 Old 26th Oct 2012 at 7:03 PM
I have major health issues and can't control when I feel good and when I feel like crap, plus I have a graduation to attend on the 30th so I wouldn't mind an extention either :D
Instructor
#128 Old 26th Oct 2012 at 8:21 PM
I feel like I won't need an extension, but if we get one, I won't complain either Although, if you're only giving out one extension for the remainder of the contest, I wonder if we can save it for a round we all will really need it

Any answers to my other questions? Basically was wondering 1) how much editing is allowed for the advertisements, and 2) how accurate would the 30 second trailer actually need to be? Thanks!

waiter, there's a conundrum in my soup
The Adom Legacy
Test Subject
#129 Old 26th Oct 2012 at 11:27 PM
You all did a wonderful job!

Hey, my butt is not slender at all so stop wondering!
Check our my yearbook page! get to know me :)
http://yearbook.modthesims.info/2012/slenderbutt/
Oh, and help me out, I'm creating a non-CC sim
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...5#startcomments
Interstellar Traveler
Original Poster
#130 Old 27th Oct 2012 at 4:33 AM
Okay. I will be making the new deadline November 3rd. I will not be doing this again, so please use this to your advantage. Entries submitted after the Deadline will not be accepted. If it is submitted a couple of minutes afterwards, I am willing to make an exception, but points will be deducted.

PunkyBreester - As much editing as you want! Just make it look pretty! And the trailer doesn't have to be too accurate.. just give a little tease. But don't mislead them.

Lab Assistant
#131 Old 27th Oct 2012 at 2:24 PM
I'm about to finish my entry, just a few touchs at the trailer, but Bread is in trouble with photoshop, he never used before, I´m doing my best to help him, but he want to give up... he's not used to many stuff, like recording, using CC, as I said before, He introduced me to The sims, but I am the one who went further... I'm trying to convince him, but its hard, too bad, his story is quite cool...
Field Researcher
#132 Old 28th Oct 2012 at 11:25 PM Last edited by Jaguwar : 29th Oct 2012 at 4:26 PM.
Don't give up, Bread. A large part of doing these contests is experimenting and trying new things. The learning curve for this one does happen to be pretty high, but you'll get to some kind of result if you keep trying.

EDIT: ALSO, remember the deadline has been extended to the 3rd.
Field Researcher
#133 Old 29th Oct 2012 at 7:13 PM
Hey guys, I thought I'd share a few resources I've found. If you're concerned about Copyright issues (as I think you should be!), there are some sites out there that offer royalty-free music and/or sound effects. Personally, I'm using Jewel Beat, SoundClick (register for free, and when you search change the license to "Creative Commons Free"). You can find other suggestions at this site.

I also discovered I have a membership at SoundDogs. Clips there are NOT free, but they are inexpensive, and it's a great resource if you choose to use them.

ALSO, according to pics I've just seen (I have not verified this myself), the very latest update allows you to swim in the ocean! This might come in handy...
Lab Assistant
#134 Old 29th Oct 2012 at 8:19 PM
Oooaa, I completely forgot about copyright. Once its not on the rules, will we get points taken of if we choose music with copyrights that don't belong to us?

I'm kinga cool with that because, well, once I'm not taking profit, and I usually make some remix at the soundtracks I use, specialy because I intent to make a movie about a Cover band, means, lots of songs... well, a few at least... By the way, I'll take a look at the site jagwar, thanks for the tip... Its not that Brazil has no problems with copyrights, but the kinda music I like its not the kind we found anywhere to buy (there are small stands with pirate products, with the kind of music I simply hate, so never bothered... I mostly download content and i BUY the ones I like, Great bands made special free content to download...)

Why I don't cAare much about copyright: Artists are the least enjured, the producers have major loss, with all this new tecnologies, we believe stuff will be cheaper, like movies, music... when will tehy understand taht when we use content we show theyr work too others, I knew about Adelle, for example, watching an Anime Video Music, loved, downloaded, bought teh cds for me, for friends... if I it was nopt for the AMV, I would never listened to her, because I don't listen to radio, or watch common TV, hate brasilian tv chanels... and cable TV is now as bad as the other... damn...
Field Researcher
#135 Old 29th Oct 2012 at 9:30 PM
Hey, I don't mean to start a copyright discussion here.
Lab Assistant
#136 Old 29th Oct 2012 at 11:44 PM
Lol, not a discussion, actually just curious, an my opinion, by the way... and thanks again for the links....
Interstellar Traveler
Original Poster
#137 Old 30th Oct 2012 at 1:17 AM
Thanks, Jag, for showing those helpful resources! I'm sure they'll be very handy for everyone!

As for taking points off for copyright.. no, you can use copyrighted music. Just be careful when you do because if it is blocked in a country to where one of the judges or myself cannot watch the film, points will be deducted. But since this has nothing to do with the round we are in right now, you don't have to worry about it yet. lol

Lab Assistant
#138 Old 31st Oct 2012 at 4:14 AM
I probably missed at least something, but it will have to do.

Test Subject
#139 Old 31st Oct 2012 at 6:08 AM
Default Please........
I am So Intrested in joining your Contest... I Know it's Late but I'd still love to give it my best Shot......Thanks
John
Test Subject
#140 Old 31st Oct 2012 at 6:10 AM
Sorry got so excited forgot to ask how to i get an application or what I need too......lol
Interstellar Traveler
Original Poster
#141 Old 31st Oct 2012 at 11:16 AM
Sorry, sxybayoubrotha, but this contest is closed to entries. We are just finishing up Round 2. Thank you for your interest, though!

Sulyuki - I'll be adding you to the table very soon!

Test Subject
#142 Old 1st Nov 2012 at 4:14 AM Last edited by sxybayoubrotha : 3rd Nov 2012 at 4:25 AM.
Default Awwwwwww
ok Thanks anyway...........still gonna try to play along wit you guy's just to see if I can do it.....
John[ spoiler=Round Entry ]John Lyons as Devin GambinoMichaela Marcelin as Allessandria Gambino[/ spoiler ]Philip Powers as MichaelCasey Brinson as LouisSpent $15,850.00
Instructor
#143 Old 1st Nov 2012 at 7:57 PM
I have a question regarding the copyright stuff, actually. I asked the artist about using their song for my machinima, and they said its fine, as long as I send them a link so they can use it on their facebook/website. As long as no one is making any money off of it, this is fine, right? I don't want EA to get all butthurt that a group is using a Sims video on their website.

As far as my entry, I have everything done, I just haven't made up my mind on whether I'm going to attempt a last-minute trailer or not

waiter, there's a conundrum in my soup
The Adom Legacy
Interstellar Traveler
Original Poster
#144 Old 1st Nov 2012 at 8:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PunkyBreester
I have a question regarding the copyright stuff, actually. I asked the artist about using their song for my machinima, and they said its fine, as long as I send them a link so they can use it on their facebook/website. As long as no one is making any money off of it, this is fine, right? I don't want EA to get all butthurt that a group is using a Sims video on their website.

As far as my entry, I have everything done, I just haven't made up my mind on whether I'm going to attempt a last-minute trailer or not

It can be shared anywhere as long as people do not have to pay to watch it. That would be violating EA's Terms of Service.

Field Researcher
#145 Old 2nd Nov 2012 at 4:43 AM
On the "Director's name" requirement, can it be the name of the movie studio instead? I'm just curious, because I somehow forgot the specifics on that and only did the studio name.
Interstellar Traveler
Original Poster
#146 Old 2nd Nov 2012 at 11:10 AM
Specifying a studio name as the director's name is perfectly fine

Field Researcher
#147 Old 2nd Nov 2012 at 5:11 PM
In a fit of maniacal re-adjustments, changed it right after I posted that (which was just as well, because I had missed errors in my work anyway), but thanks!

Come on people, got a few hours here (a little less than 12, in fact), you can do it! I probably won't finish my trailer in time, though, and I'm disappointed, but oh well! Best I can! You guys do the same please...
Interstellar Traveler
Original Poster
#148 Old 2nd Nov 2012 at 5:37 PM
Just know that it's not required to film a trailer! Just a little bonus. Don't spend too much time on it.. just focus mainly on what is required.

You've all got it in you, and I know you do! Unleash your creativity!

Field Researcher
#149 Old 2nd Nov 2012 at 11:11 PM Last edited by Jaguwar : 3rd Nov 2012 at 4:49 AM. Reason: Forgot to add the CC list. Derp!
Default A Touch of Fear by Jag Sims

I simply didn't have the time or the means to finish my trailer. I did, however, get a chance to practice with my video editor a little, and I think I'll share a trailer anyway for no points by the end of the weekend, just for fun (and just to clarify what I've been learning). I hope it will be ok to do that in that spirit. (unless we're allowed to edit until the last second before a round closes? I can't remember, and haven't found any reference to that yet. If we can, maybe I'll submit something in the next 5 hours and 50 minutes
Field Researcher
#150 Old 2nd Nov 2012 at 11:12 PM
Because my previous post was my entry, and I'm not sure whether or not we can edit them once submitted, I'm double posting.... hope that's ok in this instance!

SeeMyu, I didn't. A bonus is just that: a bonus; but I hate to leave points on the table like that

Page 6 of 12