Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#351 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 10:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jones7659
I count 4? Does the mirror not count as deco? Really not a big deal, just wondering.

I would assume the mirror doesn't count as it actually serves a purpose being able to use it to skill with and change a Sims' appearance. Not really a decorative item in that sense.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Advertisement
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#352 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 10:43 PM
I would agree, just asking because it's in the deco sort in the catelog, though now I'm wondering if it counts towards the skill objects, lol
dodgy builder
#353 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 10:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ReyaD
Thanks for telling us, Volvenom. I'll be sure you aren't docked for points.

Just changed that before I saw your post, malibibic! Thanks for reminding me anyway.

I didn't think, sorry. I should have said earlier.
Mad Poster
#354 Old 16th Nov 2012 at 10:44 PM
ReyaD, could we please get some clarification as to whether or not the mirror counts as one of the skilling objects?

Scholar
Original Poster
#355 Old 16th Nov 2012 at 11:40 PM
Of course, Menace. The mirror is NOT counted as a deco item, but thanks to the good points you guys all made, it WILL be counted as a skilling object. : )

Just as an update, one judge is having a busy week and doesn't have all the scores done yet. But they'll be in very soon and then I'll have the scores up. Sorry for the wait.

The Love Legacy A Random Legacy Challenge Blog - Currently in Progress
Field Researcher
#356 Old 17th Nov 2012 at 3:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
I didn't change that fence. Ah I see, the moderators has mistaken that before. The slightly more yellowish color on the fence on my entry comes from the light in the room. I changed the lights to flame You will see the hole room is yellowish, not just the fence.

I originally had the same thing happening in my room as well. I always set my lights to flame, unless it really drastically changes the color scheme of the room.

There is a way around that, by the way, using some dim BuyDebug lights, but I don't like to do that, seems to defeat the purpose most of the time.
Field Researcher
#357 Old 17th Nov 2012 at 5:53 AM
Eep. Thought I'd be done early for once, but just did a quick recount of my deco objects! Are rugs counted as one like curtains or are they individual? (I have11 deco if individual, 9 if not :S)
Scholar
Original Poster
#358 Old 17th Nov 2012 at 5:57 AM
I would personally count rugs as one, just because it's kind of hard to distinguish between them unless you're really paying attention. Same reason I count curtains as only one.

Mad Poster
#359 Old 17th Nov 2012 at 5:30 PM
I'm not sure if I'm going to make this round in time. I went to the computer repair store that has my laptop at the moment today and they still haven't found a replacement fan for it yet!
I really don't want to miss out, but if I do you at least know why now.

dodgy builder
#360 Old 17th Nov 2012 at 7:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jaguwar
I originally had the same thing happening in my room as well. I always set my lights to flame, unless it really drastically changes the color scheme of the room.

There is a way around that, by the way, using some dim BuyDebug lights, but I don't like to do that, seems to defeat the purpose most of the time.

I usually color the lights to make it appear warmer. It colors the ceiling too without me having to actually color it. If I cast the cailing I always end up with white floating tiles I can't get rid of.
dodgy builder
#361 Old 17th Nov 2012 at 8:56 PM
Scholar
Original Poster
#362 Old 17th Nov 2012 at 9:55 PM
If you miss this round, Menace, don't worry about it. You're more than welcome to return for the final round if your computer is back and running by then.

Volvenom, I'll be adding your entry to the chart in a few minutes. Just finishing up the layout for the round 3 scores.

Scholar
Original Poster
#363 Old 17th Nov 2012 at 10:13 PM
ROUND 3 SCORES

ContestantJudge AJudge BJudge CTotal
jones 765947434143.67
SeeMyu38444241.33
sionelle49464847.67
charmedqueen41403739.33
Laserai43413840.67
King_Deadly0000
Zoeycuddly18338414039.67
Jaguwar40453941.33
Amalgam8140423639.33
Volvenom39444141.33
Tamlyn44414242.33
Daluved144474846.33
sharill6348413942.67
Buckley49474747.67
leriety0000
Myshia0000
Menaceman4441453841.33
obviously39442463842.00
StardustX45454143.67
Solventpost40433639.67

Individual evaluations:

jones7659

SeeMyu

sionelle

charmedqueen

Laserai

Zoeycuddly183

Jaguwar

Amalgam81

Volvenom

Tamlyn

Daluved1

sharill63

Buckley

Menaceman44

obviously394

StardustX

Solventpost

Mad Poster
#364 Old 17th Nov 2012 at 10:44 PM
Yay, scores! Sorry for the delay everyone, it was my fault - I was the busy-with-life judge who didn't get them in quickly! Apologies for that, it shouldn't happen again! And kudos for Reya to getting them posted even though she is/was ill! :-D

Now I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's Round 4 entries.... :-) Reya, don't forget to add Amalgam81's Round 4 entry to the table in your original post :-)
Lab Assistant
#365 Old 18th Nov 2012 at 12:18 AM
Round Four - Till Death
I like my ancestors are fighters till death no matter what the odds are. That said I will be confident to continue to place based on my skill set. I am glad to see I am at least appealing to some. It means that I am not as bad I thought initially. Still, I am seeing that I can still improve my designing skills but such can only take time and experience and I am honestly confident that's not happening during this contest.

Anyway, here is my entry into Round Four. I am going with a light natural wood as a base with a little black, gold and white here and there. I suppose this is somewhat of a post modern look. This is probably the longest time I have ever spent on a study.

Usually this room receives minimal attention or even no attention at all. So I did the best I could do with this room. The diagonal touch was interesting to say the least but I think I managed to overcome that little obstacle. Trying to incorporate an accent wall while not choosing one that wouldn't be annoying was probably the hardest for me.

And finally I have incorporated at least 10 deco items:

2 Trees
1 Picture
1 Clock
1 Tissue Box
1 Yellow Flower in Vase (Reqd)
1 Stack of Magazines
1 Standing Mirror (Reqd)
1 Desktop Pen, Pad and Holder
1 Corkboard
1 World Globe (Reqd)

All other pre-set items are also still in the room though I did a lil cast work to help knock down the "ugliness factor" especially of the bookshelf. Its a tough sale with that one regardless. Anyway enjoy. I am certain their will be plenty others who will show their overwhelming superiority in upcoming submissions.
Screenshots

The New Face of the DAE Firms Is Lasira
Lab Assistant
#366 Old 18th Nov 2012 at 2:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Laserai
...Anyway, here is my entry into Round Four. I am going with a light natural wood as a base with a little black, gold and white here and there. I suppose this is somewhat of a post modern look. This is probably the longest time I have ever spent on a study.

I love how you used an arch for the entry to this room! Nice thinking outside the box!
Lab Assistant
#367 Old 18th Nov 2012 at 2:21 AM
[QUOTE=sharill63]I love how you used an arch for the entry to this room! Nice thinking outside the box! [/QUOTE

Lasira: Why thank you very much! To be honest, the arch I selected by pure fancy. It wasn't till I get ready to take the picture did I realize how much I liked the initial idea. Still, I think my creativity shines brightest in my writing. My designing work has a little ways to go before I will be confident enough to shameless brag about it. So no worries with me getting the big head anytime soon.

The New Face of the DAE Firms Is Lasira
Lab Assistant
#368 Old 18th Nov 2012 at 2:51 AM
Round 4 - The Study

Hopefully, this is an improvement and shows that I am taking the feedback seriously. Either way, I personally love how this room turned out!

One overhead shot with budget and five "in game" shots.

Screenshots
Scholar
Original Poster
#369 Old 18th Nov 2012 at 5:18 AM
What? What entry by Amalgam? I already put that one in... >_> (Or at least I will in a few minutes)

To confirm, these are the other entries I'm posting to the chart as well: Sionelle, sharill and Laserai. Did I miss anyone?

Mad Poster
#370 Old 18th Nov 2012 at 5:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ReyaD
What? What entry by Amalgam? I already put that one in... >_> (Or at least I will in a few minutes)

To confirm, these are the other entries I'm posting to the chart as well: Sionelle, sharill and Laserai. Did I miss anyone?

Hehe. Nope, don't think so. And you spotted Sionelle's entry, which I'd missed :-D Apologies if I make no sense. It's 5:30am here, I should probably go to bed....

*Yawns vaguely*
dodgy builder
#371 Old 18th Nov 2012 at 10:29 AM
Laserai: I think you did good there. It seems to me like your colors don't crash. Good work
Instructor
#372 Old 19th Nov 2012 at 5:17 AM
I promise I didn't copy your arch idea Laserai. xD I didn't see yours was similar until just now.

Well anyways. Here's mine. :3
I did a kind of "beachy" type of theme.
Screenshots
Scholar
Original Poster
#373 Old 19th Nov 2012 at 5:59 AM
Adding your entry to the chart, Stardust.

Space Pony
#374 Old 19th Nov 2012 at 5:59 PM
I have the next three days off (hopefully it stays like that) so I'll be working on my entry then. Haven't had time to even look at the room yet.

My Sims 4 Random Legacy can be found here.
My simblr .
Mother Function
retired moderator
#375 Old 19th Nov 2012 at 10:39 PM
Here's my entry. At first I wasn't really feeling the Study theme, but I think I came up with something that'll impress the judges. It's a little more subdued and basic than my last few entries.
Screenshots

"Holy Shift! Check out the asymptotes on that mother function!"

Page 15 of 20