Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jan 2013 at 6:50 PM
Default Really, EA? Patch 1.48
Yet another patch. Patch 1.48

Quote:
This game update includes the following changes:

Fixed an issue with Korean, Japanese, and Chinese languages where English text was appearing for The Sims 3 Supernatural and The Sims 3 Seasons.

Fixed an issue where audio for the new radio stations in The Sims 3 70s, 80s & 90s Stuff was not working properly.

You can release all the patches you want. I am not updating until University, damnit!
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 22nd Jan 2013 at 8:37 PM
You prefer not to have fixes for known bugs?
transmogrified
retired moderator
#3 Old 22nd Jan 2013 at 9:11 PM
Well, if you're not playing in CJK and you don't have the new stuff pack installed, the announced changes really don't provide much motivation to update from patch 1.47. Now if EA wanted to do something wacky like fix the broken ghost hunter career, that might motivate me to patch.
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd Jan 2013 at 9:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
You prefer not to have fixes for known bugs?

If they affect me, yes. The things in the last two tiny patches have been obscure things that I didn't even know were broken. I just can't be bothered to update all my mods every few weeks as EA farts out patches for one or two random things.

Now if they realeased a patch that actually fixed some of the larger issues, like the routing mayhem in most worlds, the broken ghost hunter career, the tattoo chair or the attraction system, for example, I would be dancing around like a rabid school-girl at a Justin Beiber concert.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 22nd Jan 2013 at 9:35 PM
I can't see how any mods would need updating for this, though. It's just a replacement for the broken 1.47 patch, which hardly needed any mod updates either.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 22nd Jan 2013 at 9:37 PM Last edited by HarVee : 22nd Jan 2013 at 9:49 PM.
Another one? I won't be updating my game every few days in hopes of trying to fix minor bugs which don't even effect my gameplay.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Lab Assistant
#7 Old 22nd Jan 2013 at 9:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MinghamSmith
I can't see how any mods would need updating for this, though. It's just a replacement for the broken 1.47 patch, which hardly needed any mod updates either.

It's pretty sad when even the patches need patches.
dodgy builder
#8 Old 22nd Jan 2013 at 9:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MinghamSmith

What does this have to do with the 1.47 patch? I needed that patch and it made it possible to make an export to install in my game from caw.

This patch on the other hand fixes languages for asian costumers and the last stuff pack. I'm gonna wait with this til I need it. With any luck though it may not affect anything it doesn't "fix", but with EA you never know.
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 22nd Jan 2013 at 10:01 PM
I mean that in the sense that all it does outside of Asia is fix the problems with patch 1.47, which was supposed to be the 70s/80s/90s Stuff patch but broke the music for it. It doesn't modify anything related to mods as far as I know. As DragonSaint put it, all it really is is a patch for a patch.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 22nd Jan 2013 at 10:47 PM
Has anyone TESTED this patch with their existing mods yet? i've just managed to get up to patch 1.47 and tested my mods etc. dont want to do it again so soon.
Scholar
#11 Old 23rd Jan 2013 at 12:03 AM
Not quite the dream patch I was hoping for:

- Fixed a problem where so long as we had your money, we really didn't give a rat's ass about fixing whatever was busted by previous patches, or any other long-standing bugs for that matter.

I guess some fixes are better than none at all though.
Scholar
#12 Old 23rd Jan 2013 at 12:08 AM
Ive been back to the sims 3 for not even a week, and im already waiting for the patch to fix stuck leaves in the city. I thought for sure Pescado or Twallan would have added the option to nuke all leaves. *sigh*
One Minute Ninja'd
#13 Old 23rd Jan 2013 at 12:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aeval99
Now if they realeased a patch that actually fixed some of the larger issues, like the routing mayhem in most worlds, the broken ghost hunter career, the tattoo chair or the attraction system, for example, I would be dancing around like a rabid school-girl at a Justin Beiber concert.

They're working on that patch right now. I think they're tentatively calling it Sims 4.
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 23rd Jan 2013 at 12:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DragonSaint

True, but Patch 1.47 was itself a patch for a patch : For Patch 1.41.

As was:
- Patch 1.38 for Patch 1.37.
- Patch 1.32 and 1.33 for Patch 1.31
- Patch 1.26 for Patch 1.25
et. al.

Pretty much old hat by now.

Though the fact they need to patch errors in a Stuff Pack release is definitely new.

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#15 Old 23rd Jan 2013 at 12:44 AM
According to one of my friends who makes her own mods, "The GameplayData package had absolutely no changes, so ALL XML and ITUN mods will be compatible. " Her words, not mine, so if this is incorrect blame her!
One Minute Ninja'd
#16 Old 23rd Jan 2013 at 12:59 AM Last edited by eskie227 : 23rd Jan 2013 at 1:01 AM. Reason: avoid a double post
However, any core mods will likely need to be updated, regardless of how minimal the code changes may be.

Quote:
Though the fact they need to patch errors in a Stuff Pack release is definitely new.

Well, you can't say EA isn't willing to try something new now and then.
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 23rd Jan 2013 at 1:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DragonSaint
Someone who programs once told me:

#1 cause of bugs: features.
#2 cause of bugs: bug fixes.

I suppose it must be this way. I can't think of anything else that would really belong in software.
Inventor
#18 Old 23rd Jan 2013 at 2:42 AM
Hopeless.
Alchemist
#19 Old 23rd Jan 2013 at 3:03 AM
What? So the radio stations they've promised so much in 70s80s90s are pretty much worthless and borked in the first place? I thought those are one of the features they're really proud of and rely on this SP! Sigh, they can't even make a new radio station properly! So sick of EA!
Top Secret Researcher
#20 Old 23rd Jan 2013 at 5:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
However, any core mods will likely need to be updated, regardless of how minimal the code changes may be.

Nope. EA did not make any changes there either.

This was purely a game-engine update. No scripting changes at all. :P

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
Inventor
#21 Old 23rd Jan 2013 at 1:34 PM Last edited by douglasveiga : 25th Jan 2013 at 8:42 PM.
I think EA needs to increase the size of the Test Team, because probably they are performing just some superficial tests before release a new product.
Scholar
#22 Old 23rd Jan 2013 at 2:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by douglasveiga
I guess EA needs to increase the size of the Test Team, because probably they perform just some superficial tests before release a new product.

If that.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 23rd Jan 2013 at 3:20 PM
I guess EA needs to increase the size of the Test Team, because probably they perform just some superficial tests before release a new product.

It's curious, that people who pays to play The Sims 3, use an amazing amount of time on it... People who get paid for playing the Sims 3, apparently doesn't use any time at all...

"Oh see... it doesn't crash on startup - Patch approved..."
Test Subject
#24 Old 23rd Jan 2013 at 4:16 PM

Exactly my thoughts!!

Thank god EA doesn't manufacture potentially hazardous products like electrical appliances or safeguard devices such as airbags. Due to their grossly negligent product safety ethic they would have been accountable for millions of deaths by now.

Seriously, EA should refrain from outsourceing content-development to india.

But as I see it, sims 3 is nearing end-of-line. There are just a couple of animations left to do, some quick bucks to earn until sims 4 arrives with contemporary graphics (and a fresh, new and sleek basegame-install).
Mad Poster
#25 Old 23rd Jan 2013 at 4:48 PM
Where everything is much more efficient: Sims can only Greet, Chat and Ask to leave/Say Goodbye.

Also, CAS/Build/Buy has been removed to preserve HD space, and make room for those stunning visuals. Sims are one age (Adult) and they live in large white boxes. The can no longer procreate nor age. The box art and expansions will showcase renders of what the player can pretend to do, but no content will actually be on disk. The disk contains a graphic recommendation of things to buy from the store. The entirely of the game and it's EPs will be delivered through premium content via the online store. Everything from the addition of toilets to beds, the smallest of additions costing a minimum price of $5.00

It's anticipated to sell 5,000,000 copies, at the standard price of $60, USD.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Page 1 of 2