Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#76 Old 9th Jan 2013 at 3:20 PM
Default Does my room look like a public toilet!?
"If you sprinkle
When you tinkle
Please be sweet and
GET THE HELL OUT MY ROOM!"

I meant to say autonomy removed from the chamber pot.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Forsaken_NoAutoChamberPot.rar (2.7 KB, 774 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#77 Old 30th Jan 2013 at 12:01 PM Last edited by Silverprinz : 30th Jan 2013 at 12:04 PM. Reason: fixed typos
Quote: Originally posted by ChickieTeeta
Functioning throne for the Reception Hall, tested in old kingdoms and new, and played with in game for around half a kingdom. I haven't come across any problems with it.

Obviously the working reception hall throne will be pointless used in conjunction with SimModder99's mod for stopping petitions, but if you're still allowing your Monarch to be petitioned, this throne will allow them to hold court somewhere different, or at least allow you the option to hold court in the RH if they happened to be there already, no more pointless trekking back to the throne room.

=====
I have been running this mod for a few weeks, and just noticed a bug. I did a quest where I needed to get the monarch married (A Political Marriage) and no matter how many different places and times of day and differing amounts of sims around and etc. that I tried it would always end in a route fail and the infamous "cold feet" message. After carefully checking each of my mods on a fresh Kingdom that I had not messed up by all the usual things I do, it turned out that with the Throne in Reception Hall mod in place there could be no marriage, and once I would remove it there would be a marriage. This happened with all my other mods in place or removed. Has anyone else noticed this, if not perhaps it is a localized thing but I know not why it should be.

In order that you can be sure I was using the correct version of the mod, I have attached a copy of it. The game version which I am running is 2.0.113 with no Pirates and Nobles EP.
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  NoMarriageBug.7z (3.0 KB, 217 downloads) - View custom content
Scholar
Original Poster
#78 Old 30th Jan 2013 at 1:39 PM
I haven't had any problems with marriage, but you're saying it's specifically that quest (?) don't recall if I've had a kingdom where I've done that quest since I made that mod.

There has only ever been one version of that mod, so you have the right version.

It shouldn't be affecting that quest though, it's a tuning file for petitioning the monarch, here's the part I added in, I didn't change anything else and it's the only file in that package.

<Change>
<locked>True</locked>
<actual>1000</actual>
<updateAboveAndBelowZero>Either</updateAboveAndBelowZero>
<type>BeReceptionHallVisitor</type>
<advertised>1000</advertised>
<updateEvenOnFailure>False</updateEvenOnFailure>
<updateType>ImmediateDelta</updateType>
<timeDependsOn>False</timeDependsOn>
</Change>

I'll run a new kingdom later and check it against that quest though, because you never know, no games are better for unexpected behavior than the sims games, which is partly what makes them so much fun
Scholar
Original Poster
#79 Old 30th Jan 2013 at 9:57 PM Last edited by ChickieTeeta : 30th Jan 2013 at 10:16 PM.
Sorry, I don't know what's causing your marriage problem, the marriage took place on the first attempt and the quest completes just fine for me.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#80 Old 31st Jan 2013 at 7:25 AM
OK, glad the file is not a problem. It just must be a quirk to my particular installation. I saved the mod and will run a test on it again with a new Kingdom later on. I do not ever recall having any problem with it before and it has been in the game since I rebuilt thiis old clunker of a computer so it surprised me as well. Sorry for the false report, just wanted to give you a heads up. Thanks, as always, for your work.
Field Researcher
#81 Old 5th Feb 2013 at 7:29 PM Last edited by Silverprinz : 6th Feb 2013 at 6:19 AM.
Default Bowl retexture request
You had an earlier bowl re-texture that, unless I missed it, was not posted here: can you please direct me to where I can download the file?

I am attaching a pic of the one I am looking for. (I have the other one, which you posted here.)
Screenshots
Scholar
Original Poster
#82 Old 6th Feb 2013 at 8:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Silverprinz
You had an earlier bowl re-texture that, unless I missed it, was not posted here: can you please direct me to where I can download the file?

I am attaching a pic of the one I am looking for. (I have the other one, which you posted here.)

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=470365
Field Researcher
#83 Old 6th Feb 2013 at 6:53 PM
Thank you, I really like that bowl.
Scholar
Original Poster
#84 Old 21st Mar 2013 at 5:02 PM Last edited by ChickieTeeta : 21st Mar 2013 at 5:33 PM.
Default Angel Armor, Shine Removed
Angel armor
(can't remember what it's actually called, it's the one with the wings on it :P)

On my old computer I played with the light and shadows switched off but the shine on this armor was annoying.
On my new computer with my much better graphics card, this armor flashes on and off like hyperactive Christmas tree lights when the sim wearing it walks across a room, So I've taken the shine off it.
On my new computer the shine was also helping to make some of the details on the front look pixellated. With the shine removed this problem has gone too.
I don't know if anyone else has problems with this particular armor, but if you do, this will fix it for you.

Here's what it looks like now(Santa lol)

What it looked like originally, when it displayed properly

(the download isn't for the actual armor, it will just remove the shine from your existing version of it. I'm sure it was Enjojii that uploaded the casps for this, if you don't already have it unlocked for CAS)
(if you want the shine back just remove this download from your packages folder)
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Forsaken_SpecularRemovedAngelArmor.rar (461 Bytes, 600 downloads) - View custom content
Field Researcher
#85 Old 21st Mar 2013 at 10:56 PM
Thank you ChickieTeeta, it was annoying me too; so much I had not been using the armor. I am very far from having the capabilities to display things "properly" so I had just shrugged it off to that.
Actually I am quite happy my netbook works at all and that it runs the game flat amazes me. Heck, I even got TS2 to run, not exactly 100% but I am happy. All my activation issues seem to be resolved (crossed fingers) and hopefully I will be around for awhile. I know that almost nobody likes windows 8 and if anything else were available I would not have bought it, but I give it credit for making an install for a dual core AMD processor run on this Intel Atom, all I did was swap the hard drive and adjust some drivers after it booted up. I know Vista would not adapt like that and I doubt 7 would either. So for putting up with the annoying interface and settings scattered here and there at least it was something of a trade-off. You are most wise to stay with XP and so would have I if I could have. Glad to hear your new computer is up and running.
Instructor
#86 Old 22nd Mar 2013 at 12:07 AM
I have no issues with 7, in fact I'm starting to prefer it to XP. But I also have the install disk. If you were trying to get a hard drive out of one computer working in another, without the install disk, I'm amazed you got it to work. However, if they're close enough i spec to each other it could be done. I wouldn't get 8 unless I had a touch screen. I even got an offer for like $40 a few months ago. But I never owned Vista only XP Pro, so I'm kind of an OS snob.
Instructor
#87 Old 22nd Mar 2013 at 12:08 AM
Glad you're back anyway!
Test Subject
#88 Old 23rd Mar 2013 at 6:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ChickieTeeta
Larger family requested by Keyneky.

Family size 19. Seems a random number, I know, but Queen Anne had the most kids as far as I'm aware. She had 17 children (none of which survived to inherit the throne) so 17 plus 2 parents gives 19 in the family.

This is untested, so I don't know if there'll be some natural cut-off where the game won't let you actually have 17 children in your household (or 18 if there's only 1 parent). I'd imagine it would though.
I'd also imagine that lag could ensue if your computer isn't up to handling the extras. Even though children aren't added to the family bar and spend most of their time out of the house, 17 kids per hero could lead to 170 extra bodies wandering the kingdom so lag may well be possible if you abuse this mod.

I want 1 MILLION family members :D.
No seriously, why is there a limit?
Field Researcher
#89 Old 23rd Mar 2013 at 8:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grimreefer24601
I have no issues with 7, in fact I'm starting to prefer it to XP. But I also have the install disk. If you were trying to get a hard drive out of one computer working in another, without the install disk, I'm amazed you got it to work. However, if they're close enough i spec to each other it could be done. I wouldn't get 8 unless I had a touch screen. I even got an offer for like $40 a few months ago. But I never owned Vista only XP Pro, so I'm kind of an OS snob.

The systems are as different as can be imagined, my old laptop that died was a CQ-50 with fairly good system stats and an AMD processor and on-board G-force card. I put that drive into an Acer One with Intel Atom n450 and GMA 3150, it has very anemic specs as would be expected of a netbook. I truely was amazed it worked, would not even have tried it at all except out of desperation. It runs the game poorly on lowest settings but at least it does run.

I did a registry hack to get screen res up to a usable level, and I installed a start menu to get rid of the blasted touch screen. Anyway as an O/S windows 8 is not too bad, as a GUI it sucks but it is something I can live with after the modifications I made.
Instructor
#90 Old 23rd Mar 2013 at 11:19 PM
I've never been quick for any OS. I got 7 when I built my aesome rig a year ago. My hardware would make any OS look good.

That said, I've used Xp(which is great), Vista (which sucks my ass), and 7 which at first sucked my ass, but now I'm starting to prefer it to XP. It's volumes better than Vista. It's got a lot in common with Vista, but fixes soe of the major downfalls. Windows 8 was made for touch screens. It was also designed to be the same OS that cell phones use. So your cell phone app will work on your PC. Personelly I use my cell phone for calls, and would never dumb down my PC to cell phone levels.
Scholar
Original Poster
#91 Old 24th Mar 2013 at 3:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fargoniac
I want 1 MILLION family members :D.
No seriously, why is there a limit?

Because I'm conditioned to believe that when asked for a number I must give one and it must be logical lol.

It doesn't matter if it's limitless or not in the file because your computer and what it can handle and what the game can handle itself will eventually put a cap on you in some form anyway.

Having 17 kids in one household, 2 heroes, 12 servants, 4 Royal advisors, a build master, and 2 territory leaders has already limited my townie spawns to an average of 6 per sim day, and this is currently the only building in the kingdom.

This is a limitation enforced by the game, not by what my computer is able to handle, which has...
AMD 8 core Black edition FX 8350 processor
Asus geforce GTX660 TI 2GB graphics card
Asus Crosshair V formula-z motherboard
8 gig ram, (which doesn't mean much since TSM is not large address aware anyway.)
Test Subject
#92 Old 24th Mar 2013 at 9:10 PM
If only EA hadn't abandoned TSM...
Scholar
Original Poster
#93 Old 26th Mar 2013 at 11:32 PM Last edited by ChickieTeeta : 28th Mar 2013 at 8:55 AM.
Blacksmith's apprentice.

I don't have a problem with any of the apprentices I've had in my game. This was a quick mod made to help solve someone else's problems with it, and as such can only really be tested by someone who has problems with intrusive apprentices.
This will stop the Blacksmith's apprentice from forging anything and also stop them from handing over packages.
The apprentice will now spend their day sweeping the floor....a lot, if my 2 tests were anything to go by, and they'll occasionally chat to other sims that come in, and occasionally scrub the floor too.
In my 2 tests the apprentices stayed away from the forge, but I don't have a problem with the 'exclusion zone' around my forge anyway.
This won't work on existing apprentice, only new ones, so if you have one already and want rid of their apprenticey behavior, then you'll have to kill them to get a new one to spawn.

Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Forsaken_BlacksmithApprentice.rar (626 Bytes, 589 downloads) - View custom content
Scholar
Original Poster
#94 Old 28th Mar 2013 at 1:17 AM Last edited by ChickieTeeta : 28th Mar 2013 at 1:54 AM.
Default Throne_Sit for 8 hours instead of 3
This will allow you to make your Monarch sit on the throne for 8 hours at a time instead of 3 hours.
This will only take affect if you have directed your Monarch to Hold court, the autonomous function when the Monarch's inactive will remain the same.

It's interruptable, so you can direct another sim to talk to the Monarch and they'll vacate to do your bidding
You can cancel out of the action at anytime
And if you go away to do something else and forget you made your Monarch sit on the throne for 8 hours, it won't matter, because it has a stress exit, so if your Monarch is too tired or too hungry they'll cancel themselves out of the interaction.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Forsaken_ThroneSitLongerDirectedOnly.rar (3.0 KB, 805 downloads) - View custom content
Scholar
Original Poster
#95 Old 30th Mar 2013 at 3:09 AM Last edited by ChickieTeeta : 31st Mar 2013 at 6:33 PM.
Default Autonomous Woohoo Mod Switching Fix
A fix for not being able to switch autonomous woohoo mods without woohoo becoming directed only again......

Remove the mod, load your game, save the kingdom or kingdoms you'd like to keep the function in. Install a new version. Autonomous woohoo will work fine.

(Please note that the kingdoms don't have to be done all at the same time, or even at all if you won't miss it), as switching and saving won't actually damage anything.
If you play an older kingdom and notice woohoo is no longer autonomous and you want the function back, you can do the clean save thing then.
Saving a kingdom with a different version of the mod installed, won't stop you from being able to get the auto woohoo part of the mod to function in the future with a clean save first.)

Also, I reported before that accidentally installing 2 versions of the socializing xml will break the huge relationship boost on the Seduce option in Shimrod's mod. Well, it won't. It turns out that any sim with the seductive trait doesn't get the boost anyway.
(I tried it against another legendary trait (satiated) incase it was the whole legendary thing stopping it working, but it's fine with that one.)

Because there's now a fix for the autonomous woohoo problem and because updating all the different versions is very time consuming, I'm condensing these mods into just 4 flavors.
1 has only the selectable option additions (available)
1 has all the selectable options plus all Shimrod's changes
1 has all changes made by me (available)
1 has all my changes and all Shimrods changes (available)
Scholar
Original Poster
#96 Old 30th Mar 2013 at 3:52 AM Last edited by ChickieTeeta : 6th Jun 2013 at 4:24 PM.
Default Autonomous Woohoo No Jealousy mods updated
FIXED
there's a problem with spar, threaten for cash, challenge to both types of duel disappearing from the profession tab when the cash is added. I have a fix for it, it just needs tested first.
Thank you to Forum Zombie for reporting the problem so quickly, and for spending quite a bit of time testing this till I got the menu options right and everything functioning as it should =D much appreciated.

Please read post above to find why there's only 4 versions of this mod now, and for the fix for switching autonomous woohoo mods without losing the autonomous woohoo function

The 4 versions are:
Socials Selectable: includes all changes that are selectable options in game and that don't silently modify the way a sim behaves/reacts

Socials Selectable+Shimrod_Full As above + all the social changes Shimrod made as well (see below for details)

Socials Full Version: is every change I've made, including the 3 that silently modify the way a sim behaves/reacts (Autonomous Woohoo, No Jealousy and Dry Spell Debuff Removal)

Socials Both Full versions: is my Full Version PLUS Shimrod's Full version, everything that's written below is included in this one.

Descriptions of every change:

Full version:
No Jealousy.
(NOT Included in Socials Selectable)
(Modifies Sim Reactions)
Jealousy reactions shouldn't occur except on the marriage options.

Autonomous Woohoo.
(NOT included in SocialsSelectable)
(Modifies Sim Behavior)
Makes woohoo autonomous on romantic couples (woohoo must already be available as an option between sims for them to be able to select it autonomously.)
(My spy and his wife have just had an autonomous woohoo pregnancy, while he wasn't controllable, so to answer a question asked a long time ago, yes pregnancy is possible on heroes not currently active)

Dry Spell Debuff.
(NOT included in Socials Selectable)
(Modifies Game Behavior (1 Buff Behavior))
The Dry Spell Debuff is no longer removed by shy kiss etc. The de-buff can now ONLY be removed using Kiss Passionately or Woohoo, and also by using Seduce if you have the version that includes Shimrod's changes.

Socials Selectable includes (also in every other flavor of the 'Forsaken' mods too)

Knighting.
(Selectable option, also autonomous)
Monarch can knight sims (you can use Grim's core to assign a title if you wish to honor your King's autonomous choices as well as your own choices :P)

Brawl.
(Selectable option, not autonomous)
Sims can now 'fist fight' without being arrested for it. (Separate option from the standard game one so left it lying loose (not under any menu) so the 2 options can't be confused)

Give Cash.
(New Menu added, Selectable option, not autonomous)
Give away cash in values of 5, 10, 20, 50, 100,
250 (this option is blank (has no text)) uses a give coin animation, all the others are giving a coin bag.
2500 (says pay for painting but it's just giving away the cash, nothing will be put in your inventory)
These options have been neatened up and can now all be found under their own menu in game. The new menu is called 'Money' .

Take a Blood Sample.
Any sim can stab another sim with a large needle. Slight relationship loss if your sim fails to do it unnoticed.

Doctor Overdose.
Doctor can choose to overdose any sim. The other sim will just pass out, I haven't seen one ever die from it yet.

Parent Child Hug
(Selectable option, also autonomous)
Parents now have the option to hug their children. The option should appear somewhere during the friendly period (before it changes to good friends)

Comforting Hug
(Animation Change and changed to include children)
Still needs the good trait, but now uses the friendly hug animation instead of the amorous one. Also because of the switch in hug style I've made it available as an option with the children as well.
(Also, it's a little disturbing to look over and see the King appear like he's suddenly trying to get off with the Build Master lol. Comforting is not the same as amorous EA )

Go To Bed
(Menu change)
Go To Bed has been removed from the friendly options and been made to show with the top level options, so it can be seen at a glance if it's available (having all the debug actions showing might make the go to bed option harder to find though.)

Shimrod

Seduce
Gives immediate romantic relationship and large relationship boost.
Relationship boost doesn't work with the seductive trait.

Execute by Sword
Allows any sim to immediately execute another sim (if sim is not originally of a fighting class, the sword will be invisible, even with SimRecruits sword fighting mod)

Woohoo modifications
woohoo appears as an option sooner & should always be successful

Ask If Single
Allows your sim to ask others if they're single, which is a friendly interaction.

Invite Over
altered so Quest sims, Executioner, Constable, Guards and other unavailable sims can be invited.
As a consequence, the locks on Ask To Leave and Invite To Spend The Night are also removed for these sims.
(I've found the dialogue for invite to spend night to be autonomous, but I'm not sure if the invited sim will actually stay if it hasn't been user selected)

Kiss Hand option
An option to kiss the hand of another sim. Action is friendly not romantic.

Trait Changes
Trait actions, like Brag About Strength and Describe Exotic Locales were originally classed as romantic interactions, they're now friendly actions.

Changed to include children
Children can now be told, and can tell, a dramatic story

A read me with the changes both Shimrod and I have made is included in every rar.

Shimrods mod on it's own can be found here:
http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php...cute-kiss-hand/

These mods all use the socializing xml, so you can only have one installed at a time.

*UPDATE* June 06 2013
If you play using the English language you don't need to re-download.
Finally got round to adding all the languages. The new money menu should now have text on it in non-English games.
I used Google translate for all the languages, so if it's wrong in your language, please let me know.
(If you re-download the same version you're already using it should overwrite your existing one when you extract it in to mods/packages folder.)
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Forsaken+Shimrod_SocialsBothFullVersions.rar (114.7 KB, 2529 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: rar  Forsaken_SocialsFullVersion.rar (65.4 KB, 509 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: rar  Forsaken_SocialsSelectable.rar (65.4 KB, 423 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: rar  Forsaken_SocialsSelectable+Shimrod_Full.rar (114.8 KB, 766 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: rar  Forsaken_SocialsFullVersion(Translations).rar (65.8 KB, 215 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: rar  Forsaken_SocialsSelectable(Translations).rar (65.9 KB, 183 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: rar  Forsaken_SocialsSelectableShimrod_Full(Translations).rar (115.4 KB, 251 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: rar  ForsakenShimrod_SocialsBothFullVersions(Translations).rar (115.4 KB, 626 downloads) - View custom content
Instructor
#97 Old 30th Mar 2013 at 4:29 AM
Wow, Chickie, you almost need a core by now.

Love your work by the way.
Lab Assistant
#98 Old 30th Mar 2013 at 6:39 AM
Great additions, Chickie, but I'm afraid you have a menu bug? The Professionals lose their combat abilities (threaten for money, spar, both challenges), perhaps they are being squeezed out by the multiple monetary denominations? NPCs seem unaffected. Maybe because their menus are differently ordered. :/
Scholar
Original Poster
#99 Old 30th Mar 2013 at 7:00 AM Last edited by ChickieTeeta : 30th Mar 2013 at 7:39 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by ForumZombie
Great additions, Chickie, but I'm afraid you have a menu bug? The Professionals lose their combat abilities (threaten for money, spar, both challenges), perhaps they are being squeezed out by the multiple monetary denominations? NPCs seem unaffected. Maybe because their menus are differently ordered. :/

Thank you and thank you for the feedback, it's much appreciated. I'll look into it as soon as I can.
Scholar
Original Poster
#100 Old 30th Mar 2013 at 7:38 AM Last edited by ChickieTeeta : 1st Apr 2013 at 12:57 AM.
Could you test this if you have time?
I'd test it myself but it's 6:40 am here and I've yet to go to bed, so I uploaded a test one incase you can get to it before I do =)

The cash options are still under the profession tab but I've added a new menu level in there.
You should get a new option in the profession tab called home, if you click on that all the money options are in there now....you know house-keeping, looking after the money...it made sense to me lol

This uses both the full versions, which I assume is the one you're using if the download count is right.
(the file is smaller because it doesn't include the text document.....confused me at first so thought I'd mention it :P)

*edit* test file removed to avoid any confusion
Page 4 of 9