Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#251 Old 4th Apr 2013 at 4:05 PM
The road.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#252 Old 4th Apr 2013 at 6:04 PM
Set now available here for 1250 SimPoints.
Forum Resident
#253 Old 4th Apr 2013 at 6:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rian90
From my experience, hens do a fine job of hatching chicks without an incubator...which, by the way, has not been around nearly as long as the chicken and the egg!

In other words, what came first, the chicken, the egg, or the incubator?

Depends on how broody your hens are. Most modern breeds aren't very good mothers; many of the heritage breeds are.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#254 Old 4th Apr 2013 at 9:00 PM
From my looney family. Zizi is neurotic and insane, so this is perfect for her.

Gordon has a hot temper so, he enjoys Evil Charles, fighting with Charles does deplete the energy quite a bit.

Gordon won the fight. Yes, Victory tastes like Chicken!

The chickens rest for the night.

Woohoo, country kitchen!

I love the chicken coop. Takes 12 hrs for the eggs to be collected, going back in the game to picture them.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Scholar
#255 Old 4th Apr 2013 at 9:26 PM
This set is just great...love the chicken coop!!!
Top Secret Researcher
#256 Old 5th Apr 2013 at 12:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aeval99
OMG! OMG! Finally! They actually gave me something that I really, really, really wanted. Woo Hoo!

Except it's a set with more girls clothes. Will not buy.

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#257 Old 5th Apr 2013 at 2:37 AM
The special rare egg will add 1500 simoleons when sold, the eggs do go bad in the inventory so refrigerate soon as possible. I was going to start selling the extra good quality eggs and had a perfect one, but forgot it was in the inventory and they rotted. Dang!

I adore the chicks.

Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Mad Poster
#258 Old 5th Apr 2013 at 4:21 AM
Can the chickens die if you don't feed them?

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
#259 Old 5th Apr 2013 at 4:28 AM
they made chickens. right when my launcher doesn't work. awesome.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#260 Old 5th Apr 2013 at 5:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
Can the chickens die if you don't feed them?

I forgot about them for 3 sim days and they were still going strong, that is when I finally had chicks. *shrugs*

Forum Resident
#261 Old 5th Apr 2013 at 7:46 AM
yeah i wont be bothering mostly due to the fact that it costs $20 worth of sim points no thanks looks nice but i ain't paying that much
Field Researcher
#262 Old 5th Apr 2013 at 1:46 PM
How far do they wander around outside of their coop thing?
Forum Resident
#263 Old 5th Apr 2013 at 4:09 PM
What's the quality of the eggs from the chicken coop? Default good, great, etc.? Do they vary in quality?
Forum Resident
#264 Old 5th Apr 2013 at 4:59 PM Last edited by chreai : 5th Apr 2013 at 5:13 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by tigerex_13
yeah i wont be bothering mostly due to the fact that it costs $20 worth of sim points no thanks looks nice but i ain't paying that much

I know, right? I really want this set but why the hell do I have to pay so much for something that should have been included in an expansion pack?! This would have been a perfect addition to the Pets EP, as it would have fit in perfectly in Appaloosa Plains. I love TS3 but I am really starting to hate EA with a passion for making us pay extra money for stuff we should already have. EA, you are a bunch of greedy whores! and when you inevitably go under, I will be throwing a big going-away party!

/rant

*goes to the mirror to fix her happy face*

My TS3 Sims, patterns & recolors

Check out my Simblr! (TS3-focused, sometimes NSFW)
♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#265 Old 5th Apr 2013 at 5:43 PM Last edited by lewisb40 : 5th Apr 2013 at 6:00 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by BourgeoisBanana
How far do they wander around outside of their coop thing?

The chickens come out and walk around the front of the coop, the chicks tend to stay on the ramp.

Quote: Originally posted by Tzigone
What's the quality of the eggs from the chicken coop? Default good, great, etc.? Do they vary in quality?

The quality does vary, but I have seen good to perfect. Only had 2 perfect since I have played with them, the rest have been mostly excellent. The eggs does go bad if left in the inventory so they must be refrigerated soon after picking them. They do contribute to higher quality cooked foods.

Edited to add: I am going to test if the eggs can be used for fertilizing the garden, the ones grown can be used.

Also there is a rooster crow about 5am, it's not very loud in my game because I set the background sounds to low, but it's so cute. :lovestruc

Lab Assistant
#266 Old 5th Apr 2013 at 6:49 PM
If you saw Quxxn's preview on Youtube, I agree with her about the furniture being really nice unlike the attires. But for the premium content i guess we got this instead of a farming EP? I really don't mind more farming stuff
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#267 Old 5th Apr 2013 at 9:10 PM
People are posting that the chicken coop is available on the in-game store. 600 simpoints.

Forum Resident
#268 Old 5th Apr 2013 at 11:21 PM
Yes is listed for 600 Simpoints but is locked still until they sell enough as a set with country living.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#269 Old 5th Apr 2013 at 11:32 PM
I just spoke with a couple of simmers in two forums that just bought theirs in-game not more than a few hours ago. EA must have locked it. Oops.

Top Secret Researcher
#270 Old 6th Apr 2013 at 12:13 AM
Do they get attacked by zombies if you have supernatural installed? If I get these chickens then my evil chicken will be called the evil sir chick.

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

My sims stories: Witch queen
Nocturnal Dawn
Test Subject
#271 Old 6th Apr 2013 at 12:31 AM
I would love to have chickens in the game. But would it be worth it?
Theorist
#272 Old 6th Apr 2013 at 1:15 AM
So.... do your chickens freeze to death in winter? Anyone got there yet?

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#273 Old 6th Apr 2013 at 3:19 AM
Someone posted that the zombies like arguing with Charles the evil chicken. They posted a pic of them fighting. SimGuruCopeland posted a pic of Grimmy fighting the chicken too.

Haven't made it to winter in my game yet, tend to work on my projects for a bit today. *shrugs*

Forum Resident
#274 Old 7th Apr 2013 at 1:17 AM
Can someone let me know where in buy mode is the chicken coop located? I can't find it. :/
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#275 Old 7th Apr 2013 at 5:23 AM
Entertainment/Skills/ cost around 1500 simoleons.

Page 11 of 124