Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Mar 2014 at 12:28 PM Last edited by Barlow 95 : 5th Mar 2014 at 12:41 PM.
what happened after the sims 2?
cos this is the latest one chronologically since sims 3 ended up being a prequel, I've been wondering this for a while now.

another thing, since i'm one of those ppl who like continuing stories in games, what stuff should I do in game to play the actual story besides completing the first want?

(though it's probably pointless asking this since the sims 4 will likely be a sequel, but I cant wait that long to find out.)
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 5th Mar 2014 at 1:55 PM
Whaddaya mean, after Sims 2? Sims 2 is still ongoing. None of those stories are "finished". Simmers all over the world are writing hundreds of alternate futures for those characters as we speak.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#3 Old 5th Mar 2014 at 2:10 PM
There is no "actual story." That's the whole point. YOU are the storyteller, you decide!

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 5th Mar 2014 at 2:22 PM
Maybe we'll know when TS4 is out. That is, unless they do the prequel thing again.

Also, the games are loosely based on each other. There's a base story, or the start of a story, but you can do whatever you like with them, even ignore them completely.

If you really want to know, I suggest you check out the many stories people have made. Skellington has a rather interesting one from Pleasantville --> http://skellington7d.livejournal.com/4610.html
Mad Poster
#5 Old 5th Mar 2014 at 4:08 PM
The story is a WIP...which means there's no start, and no ending except what the players make of it.

As HP said!
Scholar
#6 Old 5th Mar 2014 at 5:32 PM
Well, the story is whatever you want to make of it. But, Barnacle Bay in TS3 is believed to take place after the events of TS2, because Dina and Nina are there and their bios mention Pleasantview in the past tense. Also, in Riverview, Don is there, and his bio suggests he was sent to the past by the women he wronged
Mad Poster
#7 Old 5th Mar 2014 at 5:38 PM Last edited by M.M.A.A. : 5th Mar 2014 at 6:12 PM.
Hmmm... A very interesting topic. Well, there's nothing official about what happens next, and sims 3 screwed up the timeline.

But somethings can be easily predicted. If we look at pleasantview, for example, there are always two major possibilities:

Possibility A:

Either Don would get caught cheating by Cassandra and Darren actually gets a chance to be with her, she marries Darren and gives birth to a baby (or babies) with a name beginning with the letter D, or, she gets left at the altar. Angela would stick along with Dustin and Lilith would do the same with Dirk, both sisters would come together in the end. Daniel Pleasant would get caught cheating and Mary Sue dumps his ass (or doesn't, they might repair things). Brandi gets a job again and gets on her feet, well, once the baby is born. Making sure the Oldies and Burbs are playable, the Oldie's would stick around for a while, while the Burbs may expand their family to one more member. Alexander marries Lucy, cause these are the only two children in the neighborhood at the beginning. Bella can return reuniting the Goths, and Mortimer would dump Dina.

Possibility B:

Cassandra sticks with Don and never catches him cheating or never gets left at the altar. Darren ends up with someone else, possibly... Brandi? Angela would break up with Dustin, and Lilith does the to Dirk, or vice versa, and the girls would switch the boys, so Angela ends up with Dirk, and Dustin with Lilith (That's how the wikia laid it out/what it suggested). Daniel wouldn't get caught cheating and Marysue stays (doesn't mean he dumps Kaylynn). The Oldie's will end up dying either way soon, while the Burbs might end up not having another child. Lucy may choose to marry someone else other than Alexander.

Those are just the two major possibilities. There are many others of course, depending on the player. I chose to write about Pleasantview because its almost always featured in every sims game, at least the PC versions.
Scholar
#8 Old 5th Mar 2014 at 5:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by M.M.A.A.
Hmmm... A very interesting topic. Well, there's nothing official about what happens next, and sims 3 screwed up the timeline.

But somethings can be easily predicted. If we look at pleasantview, for example, there are always two major possibilities:

Possibility A:

Either Don would get caught cheating by Cassandra and Darren actually gets a chance to be with her, she marries Darren and gives birth to a baby (or babies) with a name beginning with the letter D, or, she gets left at the altar. Angela would stick along with Dustin and Lilith would do the same with Dirk, both sisters would come together in the end. Daniel Pleasant would get caught cheating and Mary Sue dumps his ass (or doesn't, they might repair things). Brandi gets a job again and gets on her feet, well, once the baby is born. Making sure the Oldies and Burbs are playable, the Oldie's would stick around for a while, while the Burbs may expand their family to one more member. Alexander marries Lucy, cause these are the only two children in the neighborhood at the beginning. Bella can return reuniting the Goths, and Mortimer would dump Dina.

Possibility B:

Cassandra sticks with Don and never catches him cheating or never gets left at the altar. Darren ends up with someone else, possibly... Brandi? Angela would break up with Dustin, and Lilith does the to Dirk, or vice versa, and the girls would switch the boys, so Angela ends up with Dirk, and Dustin with Lilith (That's how the wikia laid it out/what it suggested). Daniel wouldn't get caught cheating and Marysue stays (doesn't mean he dumps Kaylynn). The Oldie's wil end dying either way soon, while the Burbs might end up not having another child. Lucy may choose to marry someone else other than Alexander.

Those are just the two major possibilities. There are many others of course, depending on the player. I chose to write about Pleasantview because its almost always featured in ever sims game, at least the PC versions.

My game is a mix of those possibilities; Cassie did marry Don, but when she caught him cheating, she broke things off and went to marry Darren. Angela sticks with Dustin, and Lilith sticks with Dirk; Mary-Sue did find out about Kaylynn, but I used that to reconcile their marriage, and Kaylynn breaks off with Daniel because she wants to have a real family and not just be a mistress; The Oldies die immediately; The Burbs end up having two more kids (twin sons)and Lucy ends up with Beau Broke
Field Researcher
#9 Old 5th Mar 2014 at 5:54 PM
Oh the endless possibilities! How about Daniel moves in Kaylynn and Mary Sue catches them. Then Daniel gets mad at Mary Sue for yelling at him and breaks up with her. Mary Sue moves to an apartment and works on her pottery. Kaylynn expects to marry Daniel. But she is tempted by Don and lets herself get pregnant by him. Daniel becomes tired of her and starts seeing someone else. He dumps her and she moves into a crummy apartment and starts sleeping with every old man she meets. Finally, Kaylynn meets Jason Larson and he marries her. She has Don's twins- Brandon & Jane.
Meanwhile, Daniel misses Mary Sue and after long phone conversations and many visits, they fall in love again and she moves back in. She is still angry, but wiser! The two continue to battle and make up ( you know what I mean by 'make-up').
The girls hate each other and first Lilith runs away and then Angela (after seeing her father with every cheap floozy in town) hates everyone and runs away too. Lilith gradually improves her grades, gets a job as a criminal and gets to the top of that career track, while Angela has every bad thing happen to her. Her grades decline and finally, she hits rock bottom when Lilith seduces Dustin in front of her! Of course Lilith does this just to stick it to her sister. And that's only the Pleasants!
Forum Resident
#10 Old 6th Mar 2014 at 5:14 AM
As much as I love the Pleasantview characters, I hope they don't do a continuation in TS4, because it would screw everything up for those of us who played out the stories differently than how EA does.

Though, on the other hand, it would be totally awesome if they brought Pleasantview back in the same state it was in TS2, with everybody the same age as they were in TS2, similar houses, similar looks, the same relationships, etc.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 6th Mar 2014 at 11:37 AM
If they do that, I hope they have someone on their staff who knows how to make playable houses. Let's face it, the Maxis houses stank to high heaven and most of us never used them. They were badly designed and even uglier than sin.

A good compromise would be to have all the playables in the sim bin-and let the player design the houses. That way we would have control over some of it, which I'm sure that EA really would rather not let us do-but it would be a tiny concession to all the players who want to recreate Sims 2 in the newest game.

But I won't be buying it, either. Since it is going to be on Origin, that's the breaking point for me. Securom was one mess I mostly avoided..I don't want to be stuck with another DRM for any other game.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 6th Mar 2014 at 12:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bnefriends
... it would be totally awesome if they brought Pleasantview back in the same state it was in TS2, with everybody the same age as they were in TS2, similar houses, similar looks, the same relationships, etc.

I'd prefer them just to fix all the bugs in TS2!
Instructor
#13 Old 6th Mar 2014 at 6:15 PM
I actually enjoy fixing the craptastic Maxis houses. Making them playable, but still retaining the same basic style, is an interesting challenge when I'm burned out on other things.
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 6th Mar 2014 at 9:39 PM
Oh, there are so many possibilities for the future of Pleasantview's residents. Don Lothario and Cassandra Goth get married - but it ends short when Don kisses Kaylynn right in front of the bride. Dina and Nina Caliente are still in pursuit of Don, but Dina is practically murdered when she sees her sister in her love's arms. Daniel Pleasant WooHoos with Kaylynn Langerak with Don and Mary-Sue Pleasant in the room next to it. The four have a brutal fight in the bedroom, and Daniel is eventually kicked out of the house. Lilith and Angela still can't get along with each other, but Daniel isn't too pleased to see his favourite child in a criminal boy's arms. Darren Dreamer became the host of the repo-men, who visited his house almost daily until almost all the furniture was gone, except his easel. While Darren is eating off food scraps, Dirk and Lilith moved out together and are living in a house of their own. Don, now the town-hated, tries to make do with Brandi Broke, the woman on the other side of town. However, Brandi rejects him and Don's on his own. Beau is growing up well, though his family's poverty holds his childhood back a good deal. Angela leaves her broken family to live with Dustin, but she isn't used to being this poor! Dustin scrapes in mere pennies picking pockets in the nearby shops. It's sufficient, but scanty. Cassandra is living quietly in her old home, heart-broken and refusing to date another man. Alexander grows up, studies hard, and enters college, but he is so stressed out from studying that he heads Downtown and blows most of his money partying. He drops out and is currently working in the Slacker career. Mortimer dies in platinum aspiration, and is pretty much the only one that is happy.
Test Subject
#15 Old 26th Jun 2015 at 12:33 AM
According to what I found on the Wikia, Don goes into a time paradox and time travels to the time that Sims 3 takes place. He then become an elder in the Sims 4 and probably dies when the time reaches back to the time of the Sims 1 or the Sims 2. Confusing? I know!
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 26th Jun 2015 at 1:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Barlow 95
cos this is the latest one chronologically since sims 3 ended up being a prequel, I've been wondering this for a while now.

another thing, since i'm one of those ppl who like continuing stories in games, what stuff should I do in game to play the actual story besides completing the first want?

(though it's probably pointless asking this since the sims 4 will likely be a sequel, but I cant wait that long to find out.)

the sims 3