Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#12176 Old 1st Aug 2014 at 11:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by emeraldzephyr
Ah, I remember when I was a kid and I wanted to *** 8AC31FD3 ***

Weirder stories, eh? Maybe we'll be able to even #***///563b////# ...if we're Lucky! Such solid marketing, such a stable appearing product!
OT on knitting:
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#12177 Old 1st Aug 2014 at 11:51 PM
Those adults don't look nearly old enough to be parents to that teenager.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Forum Resident
#12178 Old 1st Aug 2014 at 11:54 PM
I really hate the poses they have for the sims. Only women seem to be holding babies for example. Um why can't daddies hold babies? Why are pregnant women arching their back like that? Have they never seen a pregnant woman? Even with twins I could stand up straight. Also why are the women so far away from their husband/bfs/whatever? I mean in that pic she's closer to her teen son than her husband, isn't that weird? Where is like the coupling poses?
Theorist
#12179 Old 1st Aug 2014 at 11:57 PM
In the shot with the twin monsters, oops I mean babies, they showed the father tickling one of them. But yeah, so far that's the only pic of the daddy with the baby. But these are just thumbnails for the Gallery so maybe by default the mommy holds them? Or maybe it's just random.

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#12180 Old 2nd Aug 2014 at 12:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tangie0906
In the shot with the twin monsters, oops I mean babies, they showed the father tickling one of them. But yeah, so far that's the only pic of the daddy with the baby.

Reminds me of this article my mom linked me today. Full of tons of silly squee!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#12181 Old 2nd Aug 2014 at 12:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Arisuka
There's two possibilities. 1) It's a wig in the hat category which supports alphas 2) the game engine somehow supports hair alphas, and they managed to make that work...? We need to consult HP on that.
I'm sceptical about second option, as that stuff Generally should take a long time to figure out. Years, even. Or there is some mysterious loophole hidden in plain sight!

I'd be more inclined to the latter option, but I haven't tried applying hair alphas... and while I know sort of the technical stuff in broad strokes and have happened to stumble across some interesting things over the years by accident, I'm... actually not all that much of an innovator, so I can guess based on previous knowledge but can't be sure.

I haven't seen a tool that's capable of switching out meshes so that you could make a new hat hair, or even to replace a mesh with another one so that you could make a "wig." However, it's entirely possible that TSR has developed something internally that they're using to do that, as the file format information is public and available to anyone who wants it and... whatever other problems people may have with TSR, they do know their shit technically. So without actually seeing the thing and being able to test drive it? I don't know.

Bastards didn't give me a demo, so I'm stuck guessing till the 12th or whatever.

Still seeing overlapping issues with that. It's very cool that some headway is being made and I'm going to hold out hope that someone can somehow figure out how to make it work properly... But it is also a possibility that the engine just cannot support alpha hair completely, and the type of styles we can do will still be quite limited unless we want to deal with chunks of hair visually overlapping in funky, wrong sort of ways. Personally (and I realize I do not at all speak for everyone here, as I have a very very powerful system, much more than the average simmer), I'd rather go for high-poly Lego hair that is "correct" vs. lower-poly alpha hair with significant display issues.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Mad Poster
#12182 Old 2nd Aug 2014 at 12:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#12183 Old 2nd Aug 2014 at 12:33 AM Last edited by Arisuka : 2nd Aug 2014 at 12:44 AM.
It seems like future CC hair will be going through interesting new developments and turns... About high-poly hair tho, aren't the TS3 Newsea type mermaid hairs really high-poly? So that kind of hair could transfer into TS4?
More knitting OT:

OOH Madame Butterfly, do you have a angora bunny?
Field Researcher
#12184 Old 2nd Aug 2014 at 12:33 AM
I don't know if this has been discussed already since my eyes and brain blur after reading hundreds of pages, but I find some of TSR's plans interesting.

Lab Assistant
#12185 Old 2nd Aug 2014 at 12:40 AM
There's two possibilities. 1) It's a wig in the hat category which supports alphas 2) the game engine somehow supports hair alphas, and they managed to make that work...? We need to consult HP on that.
I'm sceptical about second option, as that stuff Generally should take a long time to figure out. Years, even. Or there is some mysterious loophole hidden in plain sight!
OT, I'm not on social media so I gotta share here a fantastic exotic nature experience I just had!

I'm so sorry but wanted to let you know that my screen settled (after a refresh) and just as I went to hit the "next" button, it clicked on "report this post" instead! I'm really, REALLY sorry if it causes you any problems (tho I hope not cause I hit the "back" button ASAP!)
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#12186 Old 2nd Aug 2014 at 12:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by shuttlegrannyjo
I'm so sorry but wanted to let you know that my screen settled (after a refresh) and just as I went to hit the "next" button, it clicked on "report this post" instead! I'm really, REALLY sorry if it causes you any problems (tho I hope not cause I hit the "back" button ASAP!)

*BANS ARISUKA IMMEDIATELY*

You have to actually submit a report and choose from a list of stuff and type a thing to report a post - if you just click "report this post" accidentally it doesn't even send us anything till you do more than that.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#12187 Old 2nd Aug 2014 at 12:48 AM
BANNED FOR TOO MUCH BAT BOASTING AND KNITTING OT! No more dork knighting for me, Bye Bye Batgirl!
That happens to so many accidentally, that luckily it's not one click reporting...
Field Researcher
#12188 Old 2nd Aug 2014 at 12:49 AM

You have to actually submit a report and choose from a list of stuff and type a thing to report a post - if you just click "report this post" accidentally it doesn't even send us anything till you do more than that.

That's a relief - I'm often hitting "report" rather than "reply" on my phone. I just back track as quickly (and guiltily) as I can and hope no one notices :P

Check out The Moore Legacy, a Sims4 legacy blog.
Also - Stranded on Sixam Challenge... Can your sim live long-term on an alien planet?
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#12189 Old 2nd Aug 2014 at 12:52 AM
I'm on a tablet, can you imagine how many people I would've accidentally swiped into banning...
Instructor
#12190 Old 2nd Aug 2014 at 12:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jendra9311
That's a relief - I'm often hitting "report" rather than "reply" on my phone. I just back track as quickly (and guiltily) as I can and hope no one notices :P

SO THAT WAS YOU! Admit that you are the person clicking all the available buttons under every post?
Lab Assistant
#12191 Old 2nd Aug 2014 at 12:54 AM

Ahh...TY!! Already had a bad enough day and was so worried that I was about to make someone else have one, too!
One Minute Ninja'd
#12192 Old 2nd Aug 2014 at 12:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Studio954
I don't know if this has been discussed already since my eyes and brain blur after reading hundreds of pages, but I find some of TSR's plans interesting.

2. A new Custom Content Management Tool. For Sims 4 we will move over to and start using the .package format for all Custom Content (this will also be enabled for Sims 3). This means we can accept and provide more types of Custom Content then we did in Sims 3, including Mods, Skintones and more. To properly facilitate this we will release a simple yet powerful Custom Content Management Tool (think of the Launcher but much faster and easier to use) with the same high standards and usability that you expect from the same team that developed TSR Workshop. We will reveal a full list of features closer to release as well as it’s name. It will be provided for free to everyone and can be used for managing Custom Content downloaded anywhere.......................snip

Hate to break this out of a spoiler, but it's kind of important. While I expected a TSR4W, if at all feasible, I'm surprised by the content management tool. So we now know there will be ways, other than the Gallery, to import, and hopefully organize and characterize content. It's also interesting they're going to .package format, even for TS3, which for a TS3 player who is not exactly pre-ordering TS4, is kinda relevant news, even if it is a different site than MTS. I don't know if that means another content tool for 3, like CCMagic (which I kind of doubt they would do, just getting the creative tool and content management tool for 4 should keep them busy for a while) to manage and merge all those package files they'll be providing.

Also, I didn't pull the quote, but the line about free to use the new version of TSRW to distribute content made with it, but only for free, was also pretty interesting, and I can speculate it had to do with the business model change they implemented a while ago to eliminate the paid, "featured artist" content stuff for ad driven revenue and optional memberships. And while this is really just speculation, the timing of that change, on the cusp of TS4 starting to get serious, might very well have been part of a deal TSR struck with EA to help get early access to at least some info to help get the TSR4W ready close to release after the game launch. Which is a perfectly reasonable business decision by TSR. If I were in their position, I would no doubt have done the same thing if it could help me get an early lock as a key third party custom content creator for a new Sims game, so that really is not a criticism, just an observation.
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#12193 Old 2nd Aug 2014 at 1:01 AM
Aww, here's a picture of a fearsome vampirical beast to cheer you up!
Top Secret Researcher
#12194 Old 2nd Aug 2014 at 1:02 AM
Too many hate towards Maxis and EA now, and too many disgust towards The Sims 4. I just wonder how EA made TS2 so good after ts1's great success. They never got greedy untill 2008. Then they started making more store items, more bundles and when ts3 came out everything changed so fast! F**k, ts3 changed everything!

@Arisuka: Thanks. That realy calmed me down. So cute. There are zilion of those this summer. They fly so close to my window, yet so fast.
Field Researcher
#12195 Old 2nd Aug 2014 at 1:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Monsoon
SO THAT WAS YOU! Admit that you are the person clicking all the available buttons under every post?

:cylon: YOU'LL NEVER CATCH ME ALIVE! *dramatic exit through a window*

Check out The Moore Legacy, a Sims4 legacy blog.
Also - Stranded on Sixam Challenge... Can your sim live long-term on an alien planet?
Mad Poster
#12196 Old 2nd Aug 2014 at 1:10 AM
OOH Madame Butterfly, do you have a angora bunny?

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#12197 Old 2nd Aug 2014 at 1:18 AM
I remain sceptical over TSR, I can't help it... When it comes to tools and game modifications, MTS provides the best, reliable stuff with the best track record.
Bat & bunny OT:
Instructor
#12198 Old 2nd Aug 2014 at 1:25 AM
I'm cutting my OT for tonight, but this is kinda ironic:

Ah, love y'all.
Top Secret Researcher
#12199 Old 2nd Aug 2014 at 1:35 AM
Ah irony, irony. Yet this might even be sarcasm XD

Theorist
#12200 Old 2nd Aug 2014 at 1:37 AM
Aww, here's a picture of a fearsome vampirical beast to cheer you up!

See, some babies DO have big eyes. :lovestruc

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Locked thread
Page 488 of 920