Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#15226 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 8:31 PM Last edited by lumialover8 : 10th Aug 2014 at 9:21 PM.
The body hair is done after (literally, i shit you not) 3 hours of non-stop work! (My perfectionist trait was definitely in action)

Download Link:
https://drive.google.com/folderview...8&usp=drive_web

Pictures:

Notes:
- The hair looks a bit reddish on lighter skintones. I have no idea how to fix it - sorry!
- I have zero experience working with hair, so I would like to give a big thank you to TMZ for the amazing base on which I fixed up for Sims 4 sims!
- Thank you to everyone who was supportive of me - it really means a lot because I've never actually "made" CC before.
- Have fun with your new hairy-fied dudes! Don't forget to share pics of them

Edit: forgot to mention the AMAZING creators of S4PE and Colour Magic! Thank you so much!

(P.S - We need a Sims 4 CC section ASAP!)
(P.P.S - More variety of bhairs are coming soon!)
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#15227 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 8:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lovcat
Is it one tattoo? Just curious because this leads me to believe we could do some custom sleeves without making them in pieces using accessories like in TS3. (before tattoos were added.)

yay!

Yep! One tattoo! And yes, sleeves in one piece are totally possible.
Instructor
#15228 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 8:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lumialover8
The body hair is done after (literally, i shit you not) 3 hours of non-stop work! (My perfectionist trait was definitely in action)

Download Link:
https://drive.google.com/folderview...8&usp=drive_web

Pictures:

Notes:
- The hair looks a bit reddish on lighter skintones. I have no idea how to fix it - sorry!
- I have zero experience working with hair, so I would like to give a big thank you to TMZ for the amazing base on which I fixed up for Sims 4 sims!
- Thank you to everyone who was supportive of me - it really means a lot because I've never actually "made" CC before.
- Have fun with your new hairy-fied dudes! Don't forget to share pics of them

(P.P.S - More variety of bhairs are coming soon!)

God yes, finally they look manly again.

Mad Poster
#15229 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 8:40 PM
I have the Sims 4 demo. I tried to adjust the pitch of the voice to match mine and it doesn't go high enough.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#15230 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 8:48 PM

It's not a quick and simple thing to do and requires Delphy, who is probably really busy right now dealing with a flood IRL...
Also, the demo files and stuff may change from the actual game files, so it's best to wait until the actual game releases. Creator Guidelines need to be also created, and CC Mods need to take a look at the technicalities of the game to avoid problem files from being spread on this site, etc... Also all CAS CC in general has to be pictured in live mode, because weird stuff may happen when switching to live mode.

But hang on to your project, and you guys with demos can test those files. So when the TS4 CC downloads section is up, you'll have a very well tested creation!
Mad Poster
#15231 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 8:50 PM
Wasn't a thread created for CC that people may released in this thread? If not, shouldn't one be created?

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#15232 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 8:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Arisuka
It's not a quick and simple thing to do and requires Delphy, who is probably really busy right now dealing with a flood IRL...
Also, the demo files and stuff may change from the actual game files, so it's best to wait until the actual game releases. Creator Guidelines need to be also created, and CC Mods need to take a look at the technicalities of the game to avoid problem files from being spread on this site, etc... Also all CAS CC in general has to be pictured in live mode, because weird stuff may happen when switching to live mode.

But hang on to your project, and you guys with demos can test those files. So when the TS4 CC downloads section is up, you'll have a very well tested creation!

Thank you for informing me, Arisuka! I was just kidding when I said that, haha You guys work so hard around the clock to keep this website stable, I'm genuinely appreciative of what you guys do for us!
Forum Resident
#15233 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 8:53 PM

*hugs lumialover* Thank you so much! This is one of the many things I believe CAS should have from the get go, and I'm so glad to see it happen before the game is even released! Horray for untamed manly men!

~ Guysim's Behance Profile ~

"When This baby goes 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious !*@#"
- Doctor Emment Brown A.K.A Doc, Back To The Future
Theorist
#15234 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 9:02 PM
Soooooo, Gamescom starts tomorrow.

And there hasn't been any confirmed native English fansites comfirmed yet...
Instructor
#15235 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 9:10 PM
And yet again, we experience the calm before the storm. There couldn't possibly be any bad news left for Gamescom though, right.

Right? No?
Scholar
#15236 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 9:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rodrigues
Also, the lack of a color wheel is really hurting the game - you can't experiment too much with outfits because some of them won't match no matter how many recolors they put there. It's almost like you have to match them exactly as imagined by developers. Not even shades of black are the same. I couldn't even use a pair of black formal pants because their black was different from the black on the top, it was lighter I think. Only option was to use the one "meant" to go with it.

It really, really sucks because the options given are very limited, and sometimes, all you need is to adjust the color just a little bit to get that look you imagined. I don't know if I am picky or what, but sometimes, I have a tone in my head that bugs me forever if it can't be matched. So if outfits are not matching, I can only imagine how hard it will be to decorate a house having to realy on such options.

Time for another Rock Band example.

Rock Band has multiple palettes for items in character creation, if I remember right:

Hair
Cotton
Denim
Leather
Metal
Plastic and guitar finish

Can't remember if the hair and leather palettes were the same. I think the cotton palette was missing a nice medium/bright green, but for the most part, the palettes for the items was almost always appropriate for the material.

Rock Band 3 dropped the ball. Some of the cotton clothes had a weird peach or gray tinge applied to them, so when you set them to white, you got peach or gray, and then blue was impossible on the peach-tainted clothes. A simple pair of jeans was completely screwed up - they applied the leather palette to the pants and the denim palette to the belt. This was a commonly used pair of jeans in Rock Band 2, rendered almost unusable for Rock Band 3.

Now for something nice to say about TS4 / something mean to say about RB3: The thin guys are actually thin. Rock Band 3 was much worse here...

But what's worse is that Rock Band 3 characters have stumpy arms. They had a hard time reusing animations because it would lead to stuff like this:

In the same animation performed by a Rock Band 2 character, with correctly proportioned arms, the mic reaches his mouth. So that they don't have to worry about the mic reaching the mouth, they whipped up a mic stand that holds it for them and a really really bored looking "bobblehead" head nod animation that is regurgitated ad nauseam. Song is around 3:30, and 1:30 of that is the head nod, here's the cut version with only the nodding animation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ao5LbR2vUKg

But at least Rock Band 3 had a height slider. Though it didn't work so well...

Back to TS4:

Quote: Originally posted by rodrigues
Moving on, I thought molding was very hard to do as well - the opposite of tactile, actually. Is it supposed to be that "heavy"? I've seen people molding it with such ease, but for me, it felt like I had to really move the mouse with strenght in order for it to change anything. Some changes I couldn't even see at all, so I ended up using the presets. I suck at creating sims anyway. Making males was more or less easy, but for some reason, all my females look like adults instead of young adults, especially with hair up. Someting was very off with them, even the randomized ones.

So the guys are frat house bros (minus the college education), and now the girls are automatically cougars (even when "teens"). Who are they making this game for?

And back to RB3, the women did look older than the men, because most of the facial features were overly chiseled. In TS4, it's more because the makeup options are just too heavy-handed (lack of transparency?).

Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
I'm already noticing a lot of sameface happening with sims - I see a lot of TS4 sims made with the demo in scrolling through my Tumblr dash, and unless they're wildly weird looking, they all just look pretty much the same. I've seen a couple sort of vaguely-reminiscent-of-the-person celeb-sims, but none I'd really class as anything like a great likeness. Mostly it's like, "Oh, yeah, I guess I can sort of see it. Could be his brother. If you squint. A lot."

I cannot tell you how little I am looking forward to moderating the TS4 "other" sims section here, cos honestly, unless they're a freakish monster Imma just go "Yep, that sure is a TS4 sim, you betcha," and run out of the thread the other way.

Huh? This shouldn't be the case. TS4 finally has different head shapes. People really need to take advantage of that.

Could you give me an example of TS4 sameface?

I bet it's those damn limits on the pushy-pully system preventing you from deviating too far from pretty sameface features.

1/8/2016: New avatar! Pre-censored for EA's approval.
3/19/2015: Teens are too close to YAs. EA needs to either shorten the teens, or add preteens and make YAs look older.
Field Researcher
#15237 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 9:14 PM
Probably one last bombshell before release... riveting.

"Find something to believe in, and find it for yourself. When you do, pass it on to the future".
Instructor
#15238 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 9:17 PM
Ooooh shiny, a corner tub à la High End Loft Stuff.

Source here.
Mad Poster
#15239 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 9:18 PM
Where's the mouse sensitivity? Jesus Christ, doing anything feel like a chore. I feel like I'm actually using clay, and not the good stuff, either - way too much effort.

*waits for EA to use only the I feel like I'm actually using clay part*

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
One Minute Ninja'd
#15240 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 9:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mimoliin
Ooooh shiny, a corner tub à la High End Loft Stuff.

Source here.

And more evidence of multitasking, with that sim bathing and napping at the same time!
Lab Assistant
#15241 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 9:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheGuySim
*hugs lumialover* Thank you so much! This is one of the many things I believe CAS should have from the get go, and I'm so glad to see it happen before the game is even released! Horray for untamed manly men!

Thank you GuySim ^_^

OT, but I'm a huge fan of your design work on Behance. I'm an aspiring graphic designer as well Hope I can be as good as you, haha!
Scholar
#15242 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 9:28 PM
I haven't been here for two/one day(s).
*Stretches* What did I miss?
Forum Resident
#15243 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 9:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bloodstained_black_lace
Those mods are for Sims 3. The OP was looking for Sims 2.

I am aware of my misinterpretation when they pointed that out. I'm not always comprehending what I'm reading.
Mad Poster
#15244 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 9:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
There are listings for each type venue, from Base Game to each EP with special lots. These are the sims that will mostly likely visit your lots. ...
This is why I wondered if the lot settings would have benefits for Sims 4. Like the library, comedy/jazz clubs, gym, etc. Are the benefits lot or object specific?

The Venues scripting and tuning system from Sims 3 for populating the venues isn't used in Sims 4. They use a system of Job Situations where individual sims are assigned the various jobs in the Neighborhood and Lot which is loaded right now, so some of these sims will always appear when your active sim is there. Here are some examples:

job_caterer_singles_party
job_caterer_wedding
job_barfly
walker_job
job_open_streets_jogger
job_Date_Target_Teen
walker_job_RingDoorbell_Neighbor
job_entertainer_wedding
walker_Job_Windenbourg
walker_Job_Relationhip_Windenbourg
job_mentor_library_museum
job_sleeper_park
situationjob_leave_soon
job_librarian
job_exercise_gym
Job_StayTheNight
job_mailman
job_maid
job_GrimReaper
job_pizzaDelivery

These Job Situations are also used when the player assigns one of them to a sim, like in their Gameplay vid when HisBronessGraham was the party host and the bartender job was assigned to HisBronessRyan. These Job Situation sims are the rest of the 20 'simulated' sims maximum (minus our active household sims) which HBGraham described some time ago; in Sims3 terms 20 sims maximum in 'High Autonomy' is how I understand this.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#15245 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 9:34 PM
Napping in a bathtub... yikes, that's how so many celebrities have gone... Hopefully our poor sims will be safe!
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
Where's the mouse sensitivity? Jesus Christ, doing anything feel like a chore. I feel like I'm actually using clay, and not the good stuff, either - way too much effort.

I felt like that with TS3 CAS, before slider hacks that increased slider range thus making sliders also more sensitive. It'll be interesting to see if slider range hacks will be possible in TS4.

I wonder if the librarian will shush sims that talk too loud on the library lot? I really love TS2 style NPCs, and hope that similar NPCs would finally return... Also, what the heck is "Windenbourg"...
Mad Poster
#15246 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 9:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
And more evidence of multitasking, with that sim bathing and napping at the same time!

Can they die from that? Maybe this is the new drowning?

(Edit: Ooops. I am slow today. )

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Instructor
#15247 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 9:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ~MadameButterfly~
Can they die from that? Maybe this is the new drowning?

In that case, Aaaaamberrr's fate is sealed.

Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#15248 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 9:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shimrod101
The Venues scripting and tuning system from Sims 3 for populating the venues isn't used in Sims 4. They use a system of Job Situations where individual sims are assigned the various jobs in the Neighborhood and Lot which is loaded right now, so some of these sims will always appear when your active sim is there. Here are some examples:

(...)
These Job Situations are also used when the player assigns one of them to a sim, like in their Gameplay vid when HisBronessGraham was the party host and the bartender job was assigned to HisBronessRyan. These Job Situation sims are the rest of the 20 'simulated' sims maximum (minus our active household sims) which HBGraham described some time ago; in Sims3 terms 20 sims maximum in 'High Autonomy' is how I understand this.
So can this perhaps mean that if you visit the park some random Sim will be shanghaied to fill the job_sleeper_park job for as long as your active Sim is there and as soon as your active Sim visits the gym afterwards this very sleeper_park might be pushed there, too, in order to fill the job_exercise_gym or become a passing job_open_streets_jogger?
Scholar
#15249 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 9:45 PM
What cheats are present?
I know of motherlode, kaching and rosebud (?) Is testingcheatsenabled in the game? Is unlockoutfits? I'm not too sure if this was already confirmed...Also, are cheats safe? Or could they possibly corrupt your game?
Instructor
#15250 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 9:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by IrishA03
What cheats are present?
I know of motherlode, kaching and rosebud (?) Is testingcheatsenabled in the game? Is unlockoutfits? I'm not too sure if this was already confirmed...Also, are cheats safe? Or could they possibly corrupt your game?

Full (?) list here.
Locked thread
Page 610 of 920