Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#15251 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 9:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mimoliin
Ooooh shiny, a corner tub à la High End Loft Stuff.

[IMG] [/IMG]

Source here.

dat grass tho.
Advertisement
Scholar
#15252 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 9:49 PM
Full (?) list here.

Thanks!
Instructor
#15253 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 9:57 PM Last edited by Bandon : 10th Aug 2014 at 10:08 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
Bar pics for those that have the twitchy 'disagree' fingers.
Before:

After:

I kind of liked the variation of light and dark in TS3. Or maybe I'm too just used to it by now. For example this image? *heavy breathing* I love scenes like this in TS3 lol.

or this one...
images from http://simsontherope.tumblr.com/ (he's also done some TS4 cas mods)
I like the brightness level in these TS4 shots, but the scene looks flat. Like there aren't enough shadows in the corners, nooks, crevices, etc.

If I play TS4 for any length of time then the gamma setting will probably be lowered in my video card settings. But you can also turn the gamma up on your video card settings to get a brighter look indoors. Unfortunately if you pan the camera to the outdoors it may burn your retinas from the mega bloom on steroids.

Edit: Here's a TS3 screenshot where the gamma (on video card settings I guess) is turned up more:
Field Researcher
#15254 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 9:59 PM

Am I the only one who would like a 'big brother' approach to baths and instead that annoyng censor thing we could select a swin suit (or underwear in TS4 case ) for when using the showers and tubs? And those who want to see their sims really naked, all that would be needed was a invisible recolor of that wear...
Forum Resident
#15255 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 10:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Arisuka
HP has taken a look inside the hair files, and you are right, the files themselves apparently are a strange, incoherent mess.

Quote: Originally posted by happycowlover
Agreed with your color statements rodrigues. Some same colors look drastically different on different hairs. Some hair textures are better than others.

Right? How does that sort of thing happen in an AAA game?

Regardless of the questionable "artist direction" they took, some of the hair textures are just plain bad quality; you can't really say it's an style decision, because they don't quite match the other textures.

I fail to understand if they need fans to point that out for them as well, because unless they are blind - which, would actually explain a lot - it's right there for them to see.

I wonder if Graham can shed some light on whether that's something that will get fixed when the game ships, at least to make them look consistent with the others. As of now, it looks like some of the textures were made by a person using an old, out of date tool, but they didn't bother to scrap the job once they realized that. It literally looks like one of the earlier custom content made by people who couldn't yet figure out the code.

Actually, seeing how different the demo is from the final game is something I'm interesting in hearing about. I've been wondering how finished the CAS demo is; I would say almost finished - but thinking about how far some annoyances made through, like how zooming in only leads you to the face, still makes me really surprised, for some reason.
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#15256 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 10:04 PM
The good news is, that lighting can totally be modded the heck out of. The bad news is, there would need to be some skilled modder who'd actually bother to do that for this visually very 2004 looking game with lackluster gameplay...
Test Subject
#15257 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 10:06 PM
Why do all the rooms look so dark? It's like they added way too much light outside, and way too little light inside. Smh.
Scholar
#15258 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 10:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Marcos_Edson
Am I the only one who would like a 'big brother' approach to baths and instead that annoyng censor thing we could select a swin suit (or underwear in TS4 case ) for when using the showers and tubs? And those who want to see their sims really naked, all that would be needed was a invisible recolor of that wear...

The last time they tried that, it was called the "Never Nude" trait. We all know how popular that was.

Should be a toggle just like many other options.

1/8/2016: New avatar! Pre-censored for EA's approval.
3/19/2015: Teens are too close to YAs. EA needs to either shorten the teens, or add preteens and make YAs look older.
Mad Poster
#15259 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 10:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Don_Babilon
So can this perhaps mean that if you visit the park some random Sim will be shanghaied to fill the job_sleeper_park job for as long as your active Sim is there and as soon as your active Sim visits the gym afterwards this very sleeper_park might be pushed there, too, in order to fill the job_exercise_gym or become a passing job_open_streets_jogger?

It's impossible to tell from looking at these DATA tuning files, but I presume that this can happen yes. I would think that when you go to the Gym and that Park is closed down, the sleeper_park sim has to be placed in low autonomy or uninstatiated or something along these lines and it would be simpler for the game to grab some new Townie from the Townie Pool instead of pushing sleeper_park to this new place immediately. I think also the neighbors living in houses can probably be selected for these Job Situations as well as the homeless Townie sims, so there should be plenty of sims to fill these situation roles.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Lab Assistant
#15260 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 10:16 PM
well den...

reminds me of the bug in Sims 2 where you can stretch the sliders past its limit by selecting a preset of another part of a Sim's face haha
Mad Poster
#15261 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 10:22 PM
I guess they win the ugly challenge, then.

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Test Subject
#15262 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 10:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lumialover8
well den..

reminds me of the bug in Sims 2 where you can stretch the sliders past its limit by selecting a preset of another part of a Sim's face haha

I'm torn between and
Wow. Just... wow. It even made me forget about my growing wisdom tooth for a sec.
Mad Poster
#15263 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 10:37 PM
*opens strings in S4PE*

Sims can own bars!? Wuuuuuuuuuuuut.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
#15264 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 10:38 PM
Still thinking about those distorted sims. Could you imagine if this game was still multi-player? I imagine on the day I finally decided to get the game, I would find one of those guys chasing after me as soon as I logged in.

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#15265 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 10:48 PM

Oh, I have one of those IRL. I had to ask my best friend whether it was too chavvy for words. (It is, but it's a very comfortable tub).

It still wouldn't fit one of those sims though. Morty and Bella look like they grew old and fat together.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Sockpuppet
#15266 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 10:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ~MadameButterfly~
Still thinking about those distorted sims. Could you imagine if this game was still multi-player? I imagine on the day I finally decided to get the game, I would find one of those guys chasing after me as soon as I logged in.

I do this on Second Life, it's fun, tactile.
Field Researcher
#15267 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 11:00 PM

Seriously, what even is this bathroom? Tiny corner bath with a mat (you know, in case the carpet gets wet ), big huge football pitch sized emptiness and a dingy toilet and sink stuck on top of eachother and WHAT FUCKING BATHROOM IS CARPETED?
Top Secret Researcher
#15268 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 11:01 PM
Random thoughts: I know it's hard for a team of game designers and devs to create a game that everyone would want to play. But at this point it feels like a game a lot of us *don't* want to play at all (speaking for myself, anyway).

I'm wondering where the bad decisions came from and if it could be pinned 100% on restricted time, instead of terrible decisions from some shoddy statistics they gathered somewhere. I mean. There had to be *someone* *somewhere* on that team that said "I think we're cutting too many features out".

*sigh*

Anywho, again I offer nothing in return. Just my inner monologue. The more I read what they're doing with this game the more I get numbed. Thanks a lot, EACare.

Not-so-daily TS2 downloads @ my simblr.
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#15269 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 11:04 PM
Mumty I'm pretty sure that's just a quick test of build tools by some Sim Camper, who quickly put together some house.
Field Researcher
#15270 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 11:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Arisuka
Mumty I'm pretty sure that's just a quick test of build tools by some Sim Camper, who quickly put together some house.

Well they need to take an interior design course.
Test Subject
#15271 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 11:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bandon
I kind of liked the variation of light and dark in TS3. Or maybe I'm too just used to it by now. For example this image? *heavy breathing* I love scenes like this in TS3 lol.

[...]

images from http://simsontherope.tumblr.com/ (he's also done some TS4 cas mods)
I like the brightness level in these TS4 shots, but the scene looks flat. Like there aren't enough shadows in the corners, nooks, crevices, etc.

Just to clarify, these screens have been edited, especially for contrasts, and I also use a lighting mod.

But yep, i'm agree about the lack of shadows on the interior screenshots. We just have to wait for a sims 4 lighting mod !

And thanks lumialover for the body hair, they look nice in the CAS.

Lab Assistant
#15272 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 11:12 PM
Finished a ligher version of the body hair.. I tried doing different colours/combinations but it all ended up crashing so unfortunately there's only one style, the full body, and it's black.

https://drive.google.com/#folders/0...SUg4NFlOU0wtdG8
It's Lumialover_bodyhairlight_full_black.package on my drive.
Field Researcher
#15273 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 11:16 PM
Seriously, great job.
Instructor
#15274 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 11:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
I'm already noticing a lot of sameface happening with sims - I see a lot of TS4 sims made with the demo in scrolling through my Tumblr dash, and unless they're wildly weird looking, they all just look pretty much the same. I've seen a couple sort of vaguely-reminiscent-of-the-person celeb-sims, but none I'd really class as anything like a great likeness. Mostly it's like, "Oh, yeah, I guess I can sort of see it. Could be his brother. If you squint. A lot."

I cannot tell you how little I am looking forward to moderating the TS4 "other" sims section here, cos honestly, unless they're a freakish monster Imma just go "Yep, that sure is a TS4 sim, you betcha," and run out of the thread the other way.

Yep

To me creating a sim has become into picking a preset and tweaking it a bit since the game doesn't allow you to do much with some presets
In sims 3 we had pudding sims, in sims 4 we have the same prettyface, well, at lest it's not pudding
Instructor
#15275 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 11:28 PM
Now, who's gonna "fill" that bulge first?
Locked thread
Page 611 of 920