Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 12:09 AM
Default Is there a way to increase chances of boy or girl?
I've recently started a legacy family and so to keep my family line going I need a girl to be born but I just keep getting boys! Anyone know of a trick like the previous games to help boost my chances of a girl?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 9:17 AM
A trick I've used in Sims was to exit the game without saving and go back in before the birth and play again. I'd repeat that until I got the other gender. In the Sims 1, it was also important if I wanted a different child (one of the different heads, so that it might resemble the parents, for example), I'd have to do different things in the game each time. In other words, I couldn't just let the game run on fast forward until the moment the crib changed. I haven't tried this is Sims 4 yet.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 1:54 PM
I need to know that too! I only have girls, but I want a boy. :\
I reloaded the game, without saving, a thousand times to have a boy, but all the times it's a girl.
It's ok for girls, but I always had girls in The Sims 3, I'd like to change this time!
Test Subject
#4 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 2:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LukeProduction
I need to know that too! I only have girls, but I want a boy. :\
I reloaded the game, without saving, a thousand times to have a boy, but all the times it's a girl.
It's ok for girls, but I always had girls in The Sims 3, I'd like to change this time!

I think the gender of the baby may be determined early in the pregnancy process - maybe even at the beginning. I had a first trimester save I kept reloading when I got twin boys (didn't want twins) & got the same result each time. Finally just went into CAS and deleted one of the twins.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 3:10 PM
Read this on Twittter. Might be worth a try:

If you "Try for baby" during the night (0AM - 6h59AM), there's a huge possibility that will be a girl.
If you "Try for baby" during the day (7AM - 11h59PM), there's a huge possibility that will be a boy.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 4:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Snooty

If you "Try for baby" during the night (0AM - 6h59AM), there's a huge possibility that will be a girl.
If you "Try for baby" during the day (7AM - 11h59PM), there's a huge possibility that will be a boy.

i'll have to try this, ty.
Instructor
#7 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 6:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunnaie
I've recently started a legacy family and so to keep my family line going I need a girl to be born but I just keep getting boys! Anyone know of a trick like the previous games to help boost my chances of a girl?

Hi !
About 95% of the time sure of gender:

If the male has the lead, than it's a baby girl.
If you want a baby boy, then make your female sim to ask for woo with the male.
If they both have Family oriented trait, chances are that about 60% of the time twins will be born.

I've tried this intensively since the game was out. Hundreds of times... maybe more

Hope it helps
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 8:04 PM

Thanks, I'll try that now!!

Quote: Originally posted by azoresman

Mm I don't think that, my Sim is a girl, she asked for woohoo 2 times and she had 2 females. :\
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 8:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by azoresman
Hi !
About 95% of the time sure of gender:

If they both have Family oriented trait, chances are that about 60% of the time twins will be born.

I've tried this intensively since the game was out. Hundreds of times... maybe more

Hope it helps

I really have to test this. My current Sim-family has had 4 baby boys, if they have one more, I'm gonna have to torch the house in a fit of rage.

... I mean be grateful for another bouncing baby boy ..

Hi! I'm a pepper and I was wondering if you'd like to be a pepper too.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 8:31 PM
I've read that if you buy the bassinet in advance, blue = boy, pink= girl yellow - doesn't affect it.

Apparently this has worked for a lot of people, but others say it doesn't .... So maybe it just increases chances? Or maybe they were just coincidences.

I haven't tried it myself
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 9:00 PM

It WORKED, but during the day I had a girl and during the night I had a boy! :\
Field Researcher
#13 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 9:08 PM
Sounds like there are about as many methods for influencing baby gender in Sims as in irl - and about as many proven ones! :P

Check out The Moore Legacy, a Sims4 legacy blog.
Also - Stranded on Sixam Challenge... Can your sim live long-term on an alien planet?
Forum Resident
#14 Old 13th Sep 2014 at 3:32 AM
I had a second boy for a couple that wanted one of each gender. I exited without saving 20 times before that birth and never once got a girl.

Here at MTS since 2008; avid S2 player/blogger; didn't care for S3; bought and hated SimCity 2013; am choosing to remain upbeat about Sims 4....

My Sims 4 blog: Veil's Utopia House Challenge Blog