Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Oct 2014 at 2:43 AM Last edited by justJones : 6th May 2018 at 11:14 PM.
1 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Sir Not Appearing In This Film
#2 Old 15th Oct 2014 at 5:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
This tutorial is located on the wiki.

Tutorial:Sims_4_Creating_walls_Floorswiki

Nice tut, one thing tho, you refer to Quotation Marks as Parenthesis.

Just an FYI, in case you weren't aware.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 15th Oct 2014 at 8:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
This tutorial is located on the wiki.

Tutorial:Sims_4_Creating_walls_Floorswiki

Thank you so much for this! I was having such a hard time until I saw this. :lovestruc
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
Original Poster
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#5 Old 24th Oct 2014 at 4:40 AM
The Q+A link at the end (back to this thread) would like a : after the http =)

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#6 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 4:47 AM
I've been using 256x512/768/1024, and my walls seem fine. Could this possibly affect my tall walls though? Another question...Floors. I don't see anywhere on what to do for floors. I know it must be similar, and I've tried it just changing the word "wall" to "floor" in the template. The main icon and colours show up, by my floors don't. I get a lovely question mark and my floors turn blue. Any thoughts? Thanks!

I did a little more research and found the floorz tutorial here.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 6th Feb 2016 at 9:49 PM
Reviving the thread. So what bothers me the most is that the wall sizes are different from the in-game sizes. If you design a wall 256x512, it will stretch out since the short walls in game are actually 256x768.

I remember the exact same situation in TS2 where EA made this stretching out procedure. Why? Can you work around this. Because if I design a wall and compress it it will lose some pixel data.
Test Subject
#8 Old 1st Mar 2016 at 11:27 AM
WallEz
unable to download WallEz
Test Subject
#9 Old 9th Mar 2016 at 9:36 PM Last edited by swedsim : 11th Mar 2016 at 4:48 PM. Reason: Added answer to own question
Was going to make a go at creating again. Last wallpapers I did was for The Sims 1 and 2.

However, WallEz link doesn't work. Is there another place to download it or is there another program to use?

Edit: Found The Sims 4 Studio and this excellent Tutorial by BakieGaming

How to make seamless pattern wallpaper

Hope this helps someone else who stumbles upon this old thread.