Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#176 Old 28th Jul 2014 at 5:01 PM

Circe showing off her moves to Loki before he goes to work and she has the baby. He's not sure that wild a dance is good for either her or the baby, but he knows better than to argue with Circe Beaker...

Ok, I get it, Nervous. You find it funny that Jim's sleeping in the middle of a swarm of roaches. Now how about you remove him and spray those roaches -- in that order! -- before you have to use your new aspiration benefit and plead with the Social Worker?

P.S. Do these pictures look up to my usual standard? I think I got the camera and graphics options back the way I like them, but I need an outside opinion...
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#177 Old 5th Aug 2014 at 2:11 PM

At Townie Hall, the retirement home for unattached townies who got into the story somehow or other, Sandy Bruty had a thing with Ryker Thayer. But then she decided to have another thing with downtownie Zion Anderson.

The Post Office has no official stance on this.

Unofficially, maybe individuals within the post office do.

Don't feel bad for Ryker. His headcount in the Romance numbers game is higher than hers. (Also, Shelby Barrett on a walkby.)

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#178 Old 17th Aug 2014 at 7:05 AM
Mickey Dosser invited his best friend Gunnar Roque and Gunnar's girlfriend Jessie Pilferson over and an "anything you can do, I can do better" type duel erupted!

It started immediately: Mickey greeted Gunnar with a smooch, after which Jessie wiggled herself right over to smooch Gunnar as well. Mickey then told Gunnar a dirty joke and, completely coincidentally, Jessie thought up a dirty joke she wanted to tell Gunnar, too.

I think Mickey must've realized that Jessie was trying to one-up him because he decided to mess with her a bit: he then congratulated Gunnar -- with whom he was "best bros with benefits" back in college -- using the woohoo speech bubble.

Judging by the expression on Jessie's face, I'm guessing that whatever he said involved something she wasn't anatomically equipped to do!

So she made out with him instead. Mickey looked thoroughly unimpressed, though he let the impromptu contest end there.

(I noticed that, for the rest of the visit, Gunnar stayed close to Jessie and made sure to sit between her and Mickey whenever possible. While the game mechanic Jealousy may be switched off in my game's Romance/Romance households, there was definitely some jealousy on Jessie's part.)

My CC creations, updated April 21, 2015.

My Simblr
Test Subject
#179 Old 22nd Aug 2014 at 5:54 PM

In brand new Pleasantview (attached to Strangetown, La Fiesta Tech, and Mootilda's Brainania), Don Lothario invites over Nina Caliente to finally get to what they have been dancing around. He greets her, rather daringly, outside with a smooch, and it isn't long before the two are upstairs to Woohoo in Don's bed.

"You're still thinking about dating old moneybags, aren't you?" Don asked Dina over dinner.

Dina replied that his money certainly could bring her comfort, and that it looked to be heading that way...but then she made some deeply hinting comment about not being in an official relationship with Mortimor yet...after all, she and Don both knew why Don had invited her over.

Needless to say, Don and Dina also didn't waste much time Woohoo'ing together, and Don is over the moon, having gotten his want to Woohoo with Nina, Dina, and his want of Woohoo'ing with a total of three Sims. Don wasn't sure how the Caliente sisters would react knowing that the other was with Don, too, so he knew to keep it quiet, especially since the girls didn't seem to have that strong of a relationship.

In the end, even after seeing Cassandra for a date for Lover's Day (Second Day of Spring), Don's thoughts always seem to be about Nina, even while trying to study cleaning to work towards that promotion and get away from his long Intern hours. The distractions for Don are getting a bit numerous, and I myself am curious to see how long he can keep up this complicated web of lovers without getting caught!
Test Subject
#180 Old 22nd Aug 2014 at 6:20 PM

Nina and Dina both surprise me by really wanting careers; Nina finds one in Military as a Recruit, meaning that she has started to work out more and more, and Dina finds one in Law as a File Clerk. Nina had more Fortune Sim wants than usual in this new Pleasantview, as three of her want slots pertained to buying expensive things. She took out a 10,000 Simoleon loan and splurged on a new TV, Computer, and Stereo. Dina doesn't seem to have any complaints about the expensive purchases.

Nina does, however, seem to have a problem with Dina trying to tickle her.

"Come on, Dina, you know I don't like to be tickled. Stop it."

"Nina, it's fun, why are you so uptight?"

Dina watches in terror as the cop and the burglar duke it out, and luckily, the cop wins and the sisters get 500 for helping catch a criminal. Nina comes down just in time to see Jessica Ebadi getting arrested, and, seeing Dina so distraught and trying to make up for her lack of affection earlier, comforts her with a family kiss. Nina does, however, spend the entire next day wanting to see the ghost of Jessica Ebadi, while Dina does not hold that same anger.

After her first day as a Recruit, Nina invites Don over for some Woohoo on the couch and to unwind. She wisely gets him out of the house just in time before Dina arrives at 4 PM. Dina is thrilled, as she has gotten a promotion to Law Firm Receptionist, and she is so far none the wiser.
Mad Poster
#181 Old 22nd Aug 2014 at 8:42 PM Last edited by Bigsimsfan12 : 22nd Aug 2014 at 10:18 PM.
The Picasos, with their young son Kenneth.
Shortly after this photo was taken, they decided it was finally time to have another child. Hopefully this one will be as much of a breeze as Kenny was.

[Woops forgot to get rid of the plumbbob]

Brothel worker "Carla" made an important phonecall today and Trent Traveller just found out that there ARE consequences to going to a brothel. Even if your wife doesn't find out.
Her name is June and she's turning 1 today.
His other daughter, Teresa is seen in the background.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
#182 Old 23rd Aug 2014 at 5:56 AM
I found old pictures of Sims 2.. before they get deleted..

I moved my downloads to Simblr thebleedingwoodland
My newer quality downloads on my blog The Bleeding Woodland
Instructor
#183 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 4:05 PM
Florence Delarosa buying a new outfit she is currently pregnant with Gilbret Jacquet's first child but they are not married
She wants to focus on her buisness

Peace, Harmony & Balance... Libra is Love..
Test Subject
#184 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 1:30 PM

Ramir Patel is very focused on making his reputation higher and getting in with the right crowd, for political purposes, so he throws a little party, inviting over Geoff Rutherford and Connor Weir.

He spends much of the time talking to Connor Weir while eating dinner, about trivial issues such as crime, money, health, and business in Belladonna Cove. But Connor also knows how important it is to have a good standing with the people.
"Politically, Ramir, it's all about who you know in Belladonna Cove. I mean, the more people you know and are close with, the better..."

Ana even invites over Carlos Contender, as he is an acquaintance. Ramir was excited to have an old professional boxer at his party! Though Carlos seemed much more interested in Smustle dancing, and then just dancing with Ana. There was even some dancing on everyone else's part, too, and the party looked like it was picking up...

But unfortuantely, things died down after that, and Ramir found that not everyone likes to discuss political or business topics all the time. (That's pretty much all he talks about, even with his wife! I can see her starting to get slowly irritated at his parties, never cleaning them up, and being a little obsessed with his job and reputation...)
Mad Poster
#185 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 5:12 PM

Isaiah "Ike" Gavigan and Tina Traveller were the only kids in the Corner Apartments. Now they're the only teens.

Tina is sharing this room with twin toddlers. She and Ike have one bolt.

Ike has a baby sister and a dad who keeps wanting him to do sports things and help out at the business, when Ike would rather read. Ike's mother also prefers that he not go anywhere on his own.

Think of them as a mutual aspiration-point generating club, because where else are they going to get any?

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#186 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 3:10 AM
I've been taking 'family photos' of the Picaso's since their first son was born, and when I have 4 family photos (spread out over a few sim-years to show how the family have grown. Currently just finished taking photo 3, the last photo before their oldest goes off to college) I plan on uploading them to the 'family portrait' thread.

Though here are some 'outtakes':
Just after their first child Kenneth was born, they left him at home with the Nanny so they could go out for groceries.
Matthew gives a reassuring smile towards Jessica who is pretty upset about leaving Kenny for the first time.

After their third child was born I was trying to arrange one of the family photos.
I actually took this photo by accident, which is why it's a little sloppy, but it looks like Jessica's saluting so I thought it was kinda cute.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
#188 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 7:11 PM

At the wedding of William Williamson to Blossom Moonbeam, Lola Curious-Smith - who is a chess buddy of William's, but wouldn't have come if her new housemate Stella hadn't specifically asked her to - decides that the violin will cover her social awkwardness. Unfortunately, her playing is mistaken for a feline mating ritual by the other guests.

When William takes over, he's a little better; enough better that the guests can justify tipping him so he can cover the rent on the wedding arch, without it being an obvious act of charity.

But everyone is relieved when almost-professional musician Gunnar asks if he can give it a go. He hasn't picked up a violin since he got big enough for the guitar, but he hasn't forgotten anything and in any case he's got the basic principles down and can wing the rest.

Stella Terrano and Ginger Newson have a lot of semesters to go before they can be together again, but they take the opportunity to look forward. "When you graduate, we will have a wedding like this. Or possibly a smaller one. I think I would prefer a smaller one."
"Not much smaller. All the kids have to be there. Does that make you nervous?"
"I am always nervous. It is not a relevant consideration. Do they have enemies? Because we must not invite enemies. I have been to two weddings, and fights have occurred at both."

Scholar
#189 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 1:25 PM Last edited by TigerAnne : 26th Sep 2014 at 2:10 PM.

Time to go home.

Chester Gieke's (temporary) make-over. I'm evil, etc.
Mad Poster
#190 Old 4th Oct 2014 at 4:00 PM
I don't see anything evil in Chester's makeover. If he likes his hair like that, he's entitled to wear his hair like that.

Matthew Hart, graduating into the limited Strangetown economy, answered an ad offering room and board in exchange for babysitting services. He was the only applicant, and he has nowhere else to go, so arrangements were quickly made, and now it's time to get to know his new housemates. "Kriemhild is an exceptionally intelligent and well-behaved child. I'm sure you'll soon be best friends."

"Oh my god! The ghost!"
"The what?!"

"Wait a minute. The ad didn't say word one about haunted houses!"
"I assumed you knew about my in-laws' mysterious and unexpected deaths. It's a small town - how did you miss that gossip?"

Circe's been letting her hair grow. If she wants to be rich and sophisticated, she needs to look rich and sophisticated!

Mad Poster
#191 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 3:12 AM

Kevin and Heather Beare rise and shine. "Can you get pregnant on your elder birthday?"
"No."
"We got any of that elixir stuff?"
"No."
"It wouldn't hurt to try, though, would it?"
"Hang on, I'll be right there."

Guy Gergis (Goth Boy Tricou) is dating heavily and widely, and still can't get his sister-in-law or the recently-married-to-a-frat-brother Sweetheart of Urele-Oresha-Cham off his mind. But he's trying with social group townie Camryn, when it suddenly occurs to him - he could get married, too! That should take care of it, right? Camryn, not being fully apprised of his thought processes, thinks this is a fine idea! The girl in the background, who has always been more serious about Guy than he was about her, begs to differ.

Guy takes Camryn back to the Swingin' Bachelors household, and discovers that she's a naked hot-tubber! She'll fit right in!

Matthew Hart's first breakfast at the Beaker house is a teeny bit awkward. "I hope our woohooing didn't keep you awake last night! My husband and I would like to have another baby. If Kriemhild asks you any questions, be sure you answer truthfully and don't sugarcoat anything!"

Test Subject
#192 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 9:11 PM
I just visited strangetown to find out if there are more cases of bald people (sims from 2009 with CC I took out ages ago)
and although I haven't found any I do think I played the Curious household before.
Some pictures from my short visit:

Pascal Curious already had his baby bump and rolled a want to become a writer.

Lazlo Curious probably thought that he could try the logic thing (In my mind he's more of a band singer,
and not as science-orientated as his two brothers) now that the aliens are busy probing the third sibling.

Why are you guys so traumatized by this when (not yet made-over)
Vidcund Curious doesn't seem to mind his abduction at all?
Lab Assistant
#193 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 4:31 AM
Pauline Aspir

Violet Jocque

Opal Contrary

Patricia Wan

If you leave me now…
Test Subject
#194 Old 31st Oct 2014 at 9:22 PM Last edited by TI99Kitty : 29th Jan 2015 at 8:58 PM.
Before I restarted my game, I was killing off all the Strangetown families (not to mention as many fugly townies as I could. Somewhere along the line, however, I learned that the EAxis families are tolerable if I just used a mirror and an armoir on them. By that time, all I had left was Ophelia Nigmos (married to Johnny Smith, and with their child), the Smith family, and the Singles household. Now I've restarted, I've decided not to kill off the Strangetown families right away; I'll just give them some mini-makeovers (except the Ottomas family -- I'm not having Samantha Ottomas' demon-spawn twins be born and turn my 'hood into a BFBVFS).

The Specter family:
I aged Olive down to Adult, gave her a vampier outfit, and gave her eyebrows. She now has a cowplant and plans to stick around for awhile, and add some more graves to her "garden." ^_~
I like Ophelia better with the darker hair, but I think I'm going to give her back her braids. Fixed.

The Smith family:
PT#9 is keeping his odd clothes, but I couldn't stand that hair on him. >_<
Jenny got more conservative makeup and a more conservative top. A less generic-looking hairstyle and some glasses round out her new look.
Johnny turns out to be rather handsome with a nice haircut. Since Strangetown is a sort-of Southwestern U.S. setting, I thought a more Western look would be good for him.
I hate EAxis' version of twin ponytails, so Jill got a more flattering hairstyle. An outfit that looks less like she's in her underwear was called for. Finally, she seems to have inherited her mother's bad eyes. Now she looks less like she needs to grow into her head size. ^_~
Test Subject
#195 Old 7th Nov 2014 at 9:58 PM
The rest of the Strangetown makeovers:

The Singles Household:
Erin just looked too generic before. Actually, except for the fact that she's not fugly, she's indistinguishable from most townies.
To be honest, Chloe wasn't tto bad before; I just wanted her to look more like a slut Romance sim. Plus, since she and Lola are supposed to be twins, I wanted them to look a bit more alike.
Kristen, like Erin, was too boring and bland. She was actually the first to get a makeover last time I played Strangetown.
I couldn't stand to look at Lola before. She was the second to get a makeover before.

The Grunt family:
General Buzz didn't need much tweaking after I took off the facepaint.
Tank, like his dad, really only needed the facepaint removed. I thought I had changed his clothes, but they seem to be the same. Guess EAxis did something right (except for the facepaint).
I changed Ripp's hair to something more feminine, and he became very pretty. I made him unisex in SimPE (as an experiment), and found a really cute outfit for him/her.. I then took pity on the poor kid, and just made him female. She's a lot happier now. ^_~
There wasn't much I could do for Buck, except put him in an outfit that somewhat fit better with his older brother's.

The Beaker family:
I found Loki to be more goofy than creepy. Not anymore. Now he looks like someone who would have no problems doing sinister things to people.
Circe needed to look more science-y, since she supposed to be doing all these experiments on Nervous Subject.
Nervous now looks less like a dweeb and more like the counter-culture type he seems to be trying to be. Plus, the facial hair makes it easier to look at his face.

The Curious family:
Pascal has 10 Neat points, and should also look more serious.
Vidcund has a similar personality to Pascal, so he was going to get a suit, too. Then I found this outfit in his armoir; with the neatly-trimmed hair and beard I gave him, it made him look like a college professor. A happy accidental find. ^_^
Since Lazlo's personality is almost opposite his brothers', I decided to go the other way with him.

Anyway, that's it for my Strangetown makeovers. Except for the Singles, all the Sim Bin sims are going to feed Olive's cowplant.
Lab Assistant
#196 Old 9th Nov 2014 at 6:50 PM
mirand capp

Sharon Wirth & Malcolm Landgraab

Florence Delarosa & Chester Gieke

If you leave me now…
Test Subject
#197 Old 21st Nov 2014 at 6:15 PM
@TI99Kitty, these are gorgeous make-overs that fit the sims exceptionally well! I'll have to copy the idea of giving Pascal a suit, it looks really good on him and matches his personality well. Although, since he's a dad in my savegame I'm not sure how well it would go with his sense for family. Nervous' bone structure looks a lot better with the facial hair too and I really like what you did with Jenny, the hairstyle fits her perfectly.
Mad Poster
#198 Old 25th Nov 2014 at 9:35 PM
The Newsons have arrived in Veronaville with very limited resources. Ginger and Gavin are doing their very best to look after their younger siblings, and the children are quite happy, but the strain on the teens is beginning to show already.
They have moved into this inexpensive, if run-down, house in the Via Veronaville, in the shadow of the aqueduct.
The Moores (Scott, Una and Ross) arrived as the welcoming party. Scott and Una Moore made their excuses after lunch and left, but their teenage son Ross stayed till midnight. Ginger wondered about him as a possible boyfriend, but, though he likes her, she really doesn't fancy him. In the background Gallagher is dancing with Gavin.
Gallagher and Gabriella are very close to each other and are almost inseparable. The bright bedding contrasts with the bare walls and floorboards. The beds are the cheapest they could get.
Gavin was absolutely exhausted after his first day at work. He collapsed on the pavement as he got out of the car, and Georgia crawled out to see what was wrong. (By pure chance the pattern of the trees against the sky looks like a big bird standing on a rock!)

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Field Researcher
#199 Old 29th Nov 2014 at 4:16 PM
Here are some of the Maxis made simmies from my Victorian Veronaville!

Dora Ottomas posing in front of the Ottomas house in a Victorianesque manner (=she looks very serious as did most people in the photos from that time).

Kent Capp chatting with his nephew Tybalt.

Hermia Capp on a walk in the Capp garden...

... and Mercutio Monty looking fabulous while playing pool.
Test Subject
#200 Old 1st Dec 2014 at 9:29 AM
In my game, Cassandra got married to Don and I HAD to give her a makeover! She's holding her newborn baby, Jay Lothario. (He's a child now.)
Attached Images

Page 8 of 18