Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jun 2015 at 11:23 PM
Default Unable to change style on piece of CC
Hello all. Recently, I downloaded Granny Zaza's lovely blanket set,

http://www.thesimsmodels.com/news/p...2015-05-24-1467

Unfortunately, I've encountered an issue in game. When I place the blankets, no matter which swatch I select (Which design I pick to use) the blanket always reverts to the first design. I'm not using the design tool to change it, just manually selecting it before I place it, but it always reverts to the first option, the rest of the designs I don't seem to be able to use.

I posted directly on the site to seek some help but I was wondering if there was any way I could solve the problem myself and save her the trouble? So far all I've done is delete my old cache files and reload the game to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#2 Old 10th Jun 2015 at 11:40 PM
Moving to Create > Objects (since you would have to edit the file; this is not a game issue).

I'd like to look at that, but the download on the page you linked to doesn't seem to work for me (might be because I usually block stuff like adfly). Can you PM me the package?

Other than that, posting where you downloaded is usually the best strategy to get it fixed .. not only for yourself, but for every other downloader too.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Jun 2015 at 12:29 AM
Many thanks, I tossed the original file on to mediafire and set it your way.

I figured that might be the case so that's where I started, I made my post two days ago and it was approved yesterday, hopefully she will see it or it will help someone else out who's downloading the set and experiencing the same issue.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#4 Old 11th Jun 2015 at 1:19 AM
I just took a quick look at "Blanket1" and, ugh, that is one weird package o.O .. they have four identical copies of every texture in there, they're all alpha enabled although there is no transparency (making the files much bigger than they would need to be) and the tuning is that of a deco plant ..

The problem with the textures seems to be that the material definitions reference images that do not exist in the package, so the game is using the fallback texture (like it's supposed to -- objects usually have one "worst case" texture defined which is always the same no matter what material variant you select, for scenarios like this when the game cannot find the correct one). Like 0x00B2D882-0x00000000-0x42949D09C7D47778 for set10-justarandommodelname_1303740707-materialVariant (0x8EA9FFAF) -- the creator probably didn't notice this because they have that texture in some other file. Some definitions also reference the same texture (0x00B2D882-0x00000000-0x54F2CA01678DBF9D, beige with a kind of square in the middle with roses in it) .. I'm at a loss as to how it is even possible they didn't notice that. Uploaded the wrong package, perhaps?

What you could do next is open the packages in s4pe and take a quick peek at the textures they contain, just so that you can see what they look like and whether or not it's worth the trouble for you to fix it (what they show on their screenshots may or may not be the same as what is actually in the package). I believe the easiest way to do that would be to recreate the whole thing .. when you have an existing package this is not very difficult, but it's not something that you could do in game. Or of course you wait for the creator to re-do them -- when content is this broken I don't think it'd be available on TSR for very long, so they should have an incentive to do so rather quickly.

(I'd recommend https://github.com/Kuree/Sims4Tools/releases/tag/0.2d <-- version 02d for object stuff, this is what I use myself -- one of the later versions has some kind of issue with material definitions)

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 11th Jun 2015 at 1:30 AM
Welp, good to know there was something that was up. xD Wish it wasn't such a hogepoge of problems that required recreation of the objects.

I don't believe that Granny Zaza uploads to TSR, just Sim Models, but maybe she'll see the comment in a few days and take a peek back at the packages. If so, I'll link her back here so she can see what you found. I'll wait a bit and see if she does, if not, I'll take your advice and try my hand at recreating them from the mesh. From the previews of the thumbnail in game, all of the palettes advertised seem to be in there, but apparently in a very round about manner.

Thank you kindly again for all of the trouble you went to for me. ^^
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#6 Old 11th Jun 2015 at 1:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by WaspsUnderground
I don't believe that Granny Zaza uploads to TSR, just Sim Models

Oh OK, then disregard that -- I probably thought TSR because you mentioned moderated comments. (I'm not familiar with either, I only remember having heard about comments being moderated there)

Yeah hopefully she'll be able to fix it .. maybe it's really just a case of having uploaded the wrong files somehow. If not, it seems to have been made with TSRW -- I use that myself as well, so I can try to help her if she posts here.