Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#176 Old 8th May 2015 at 12:28 AM
I made a "Wedding Chapel" just to experiment. There's a fast-food thing outside, and a playground - but I just put that there so there was actually something to DO. I made tables and a banquet table, a coffee machine, and a wedding area with a lot of windows and flowers. I stuck in a microphone and podium, and a "dressing room" just because it felt more real. So I took an engaged couple there; the bride changed into a wedding dress and got a makeover. The attendant must have never DONE that before...

Everyone on the lot whipped into formal wear to watch. Next time I'll make a wedding party with an outing.

People sat to eat from the buffet table, and even the wedding cake was usable

The bride (Vidcund Curious' daughter) seems to be saying "Don't even THINK about smashing cake in my face!"

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Advertisement
Scholar
#177 Old 8th May 2015 at 1:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Duine
While at the local cemetery, have you ever gotten the feeling you're being watched? I love my cemetery but it creeps me out ocassionally.

Oh my, when I first spotted that face my heart skipped a beat. No kidding, haha.

This is part A of my highstreet project nearly finished. An antiques shop with some flats above (won't post those as they're still unfurnished).
Screenshots

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Mad Poster
#178 Old 19th May 2015 at 3:17 PM

Welcome to the Green Thumb! After his father's death and his own graduation from college, Johnny Smith looked around for the best way to take care of his mother, little siblings, and bride. Deciding to capitalize on the two things his family is known for - greenness, and that ridiculous lawn - he and his family put in a lot of sweat equity putting together a plant nursery/hardware store in the commercially-zoned median of the Road to Nowhere.

Jill, working the register, is pleased to see her boyfriend Gavin Newson come in for a show of support. Johnny makes no attempt to sell to him - everyone knows the Newsons have no money!

"I'm real sorry about your dad."
"Thanks, Gavin. It seems like we hardly ever get to see each other lately."

"We should, like, go steady or something. With rings and things - I can supply those - so nobody makes embarrassing scenes thinking we're single."
Steady sounds good to Gavin. He could use some steady in his life.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Test Subject
#179 Old 11th Jun 2015 at 2:49 AM
This is my town's center for the arts. It includes a gallery downstairs, and two classrooms and several private studio rooms upstairs.

It's been an age since I've looked through these threads, I know what I'm catching up on tonight. There's so many beautiful lots here! Nice work, guys. :lovestruc
Top Secret Researcher
#180 Old 11th Jun 2015 at 9:29 AM
I recently created my first car sales yard

Theorist
#181 Old 12th Jul 2015 at 5:48 AM
There is a saying 'One sims's trash is another sims's treasure'.

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Field Researcher
#182 Old 8th Aug 2015 at 3:41 AM
Default The Heritage Fund Library - a blend of old and new architecture
So recently, I made the decision to create an entire new neighbourhood by the name of Alderwood. I visioned it as a smaller city, and one that offered a good mix of old and new architecture. In the centre of town, I constructed what I named the "Heritage Fund Library", which is a combination of old architecture and new/modern design. I was inspired by a lot of buildings in my real-life city, and I think it turned out quite nice!

The story behind the building is that at one point in time, a massive structural collapse destroyed half of the old building. The city deemed that they didn't wish to completely demolish the old facade of the structure, and instead decided to build upon it, displaying a combination of old and new design.

Inside the building, a small cafe serves as a cozy place to rest and relax with a good book, and a delicious cup of coffee.

Inside the library portion, one can find several comfortable places to lounge within. Sims are offered a wide assortment of literature, many of which are older works that have been restored for use.

What do you think? Perhaps a rather bold design, but I quite like the way it turned out!

Check out my building creations!
Link Ninja
#183 Old 1st Oct 2015 at 9:58 PM Last edited by Charmful : 17th Mar 2017 at 5:22 PM.
I finally finished my boardwalk project and thought I'd post the results. I made four beach community lots and placed them side by side to get a continuous feel on the front and back walks. Each Lot has a variety of activities and attractions and shops for sim consumers including foodies, fashionistas, nature-enthusiasts, gamers, musicians, and entertainers!

Lot 4 was huge and this is just a part of it - Viewing the Restrooms, Boardwalk Book Nook, and Davy Jones Pub.

Lot 3 - L t R Viewing: On Pointe Boutique (lower), Newsstand, Sand's Music Emporium, Club Starboard Restaurant, Bar and Billiard Room (entire second floor), and the Club Starboard Dance Room (middle third floor)

Lot 2 - Viewing the Boardwalk Grocery and Driftwood Bistro

Lot 1 - Viewing Cyber-Surf Cafe, Food Stand, and Restrooms.

More Under Spoiler Tag and I did a walk-through video of a more in-depth viewing of the the lots HERE

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
#184 Old 8th Jan 2016 at 11:30 PM
Reviving a (not too old) thread...

Jason Larson, following a split from Tara Kat, opened up a Launderette.
'Larson's Laundrette'

The Jacquet's bakery has become a bit of a desert bar, today is the reopening and Gilbert is pretty worried how it will go

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
#185 Old 19th Feb 2016 at 9:24 PM

I converted Takemizu Village's Pearl Mist Estate into a community lot, named Pearl Mist Arcade.

This picture shows an overview of the lot. The main room includes a food stand, arcade games and a "prize stand", where sims can choose a prize after playing the games. The smaller room is for video gaming - there is a large TV and gaming console as well as three computers for LAN gaming (and a couple of vending machines). Outside, on the back porch, is a table where sims can play board games. It's currently set up for a game of Monopoly. The lot also includes a single unisex toilet.

In the main room there are lots of different arcade games available for sims to play, as well as a fast food stand selling burgers and hot-dogs, tucked away in a corner. There are plenty of prizes available, including posters, soft toys and decorative objects. Sims can also "win" (i.e. buy and have the money reimbursed using a cheat!) jewellery, including necklaces with cartoon character pendants.

The smaller room is very simply decorated. There is an area for sims to play (or watch) console games, and off to one side (conveniently located next to the vending machines!) are three top-of-the-range gaming computers, set up for LAN gaming competitions.

(See this thread for more ideas on how to make EA's vacation destinations more interesting!)
Scholar
#186 Old 4th Mar 2016 at 5:44 AM Last edited by d_dgjdhh : 28th Apr 2016 at 2:34 AM.
One of my community lots in the neighborhood underwent renovation recently. It is a museum of paintings called "Portrait Gallery Of Sims". Below is the unofficial brochure/poster/ad material:

The museum is owned by skilled artists who paint portraits of the Sims living in the neighborhood, or visiting. The goal is to preserve the likeness of every citizen in town, or sell the portraits at a ridiculously expensive price! Below is what it looked like initially for many years:

Now, with the recent renovations (and the addition of many more portraits of Sims), the museum looks like this:

Still the same basic layout, but with more pizzazz!

And also games to play for leisure, especially after one of our artists Hard Sell and Dazzle you into buying a portrait or five.

Check out my latest version of Superman's Classic Uniform for The Sims 2.
See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!
Top Secret Researcher
#187 Old 4th Mar 2016 at 2:59 PM
@d_dgjdhh, did you take those photos separately and then have your painter paint them? I've always wanted to do something like this but found taking their pictures extremely tedious. I wish I could extract their portrait picture from the game somehow.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#188 Old 4th Mar 2016 at 4:11 PM
You can with SimPE (if you mean the portrait that appears on the UI). They're not very big pictures though and the quality is not good. I use them sometimes in my family tree programme. I can try and find my instructions again if you'd like. This is what they look like. The black background won't look good in game but I guess you could always change that.
Screenshots

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Lab Assistant
#189 Old 4th Mar 2016 at 5:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by d_dgjdhh
One of my community lots in the neighborhood underwent renovation recently. It is a museum of paintings called "Portrait Gallery Of Sims". Below is the unofficial brochure/poster/ad material:

The museum is owned by skilled artists who paint portraits of the Sims living in the neighborhood, or visiting. The goal is to preserve the likeness of every citizen in town, or sell the portraits at a ridiculously expensive price! Below is what it looked like initially for many years:

Now, with the recent renovations (and the addition of many more portraits of Sims), the museum looks like this:

Still the same basic layout, but with more pizzazz!

And also games to play for leisure, especially after one of our artists Hard Sell and Dazzle you into buying a portrait or five.

This is absolutely amazing.
Lab Assistant
#190 Old 4th Mar 2016 at 5:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gcgb53191
@d_dgjdhh, did you take those photos separately and then have your painter paint them? I've always wanted to do something like this but found taking their pictures extremely tedious. I wish I could extract their portrait picture from the game somehow.

There's also the option to do the "custom" paintings, where you can save basically any picture from your computer (I use ones, if a Sim died, go into my neighborhood pix folder, drop it into the paintings folder, and paint it from there) it works quite well as long as you have a semi-decent photo of the sim, somewhere.
Scholar
#191 Old 5th Mar 2016 at 2:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gcgb53191
Nope, all you have to do is get your Sim's painting skills high enough to obtain the option to "Paint Portrait of..." whoever is on the lot at the time. Your Sim will whistle to invite that other Sim to come over, the subject will walk over to your easel, and the game gives you a green frame to place the Sim in. That's what happened with all the Sims in this (and a previous) neighborhood. I didn't need to extract any image to paint, these Sims were on the property with a black tiled background, or black marble background.

See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#192 Old 5th Mar 2016 at 4:22 PM
I think the issue with using a non-extracted image is that sometimes the game loses the original image and you end up with a blue-flashing portrait. The advantage of using an external image dropped into the paintings folder is that should the original picture get messed up, you can easily get a sim to paint another copy. I've always done it that way since I lost my first portrait painting.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Scholar
#193 Old 5th Mar 2016 at 11:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
I think the issue with using a non-extracted image is that sometimes the game loses the original image and you end up with a blue-flashing portrait. The advantage of using an external image dropped into the paintings folder is that should the original picture get messed up, you can easily get a sim to paint another copy. I've always done it that way since I lost my first portrait painting.
The original image is stored on the lot file of the property in your neighborhood. If you'd like to backup the portrait image used, you extract the images from the lot file, and save it on your hard drive. Or, if you package your lot via in-game with the sim2pack option, your images will be in the sim2pack of the property.

Lab Assistant
#194 Old 6th Mar 2016 at 4:01 AM
I find that "Paint a Still Life" works best for me, then I can go get my Sim with whatever expression, or action they're doing without forcing them to go over to the easel.
Screenshots
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#195 Old 6th Mar 2016 at 11:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by d_dgjdhh
The original image is stored on the lot file of the property in your neighborhood. If you'd like to backup the portrait image used, you extract the images from the lot file, and save it on your hard drive. Or, if you package your lot via in-game with the sim2pack option, your images will be in the sim2pack of the property.

Personally, I find it easier to take a picture with Fraps and get what I want but I guess YMMV. The other issue with in-game pictures I have is that they are so dark and grey.

Top Secret Researcher
#196 Old 6th Mar 2016 at 12:51 PM
They don't have to be. If the room is too dark, or it's night time, I enable buy mode once the green frame appears and the game is paused, and buy lights that I moveobject above/next to the subject, and add a coloured backdrop if needed.

Every once in a while, while already in SimPE, I go and extract all the newly made portraits/paintings/photobooth pictures and save them, in case the abstract orange happens and I have to restore.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#197 Old 6th Mar 2016 at 4:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lili975
They don't have to be. If the room is too dark, or it's night time, I enable buy mode once the green frame appears and the game is paused, and buy lights that I moveobject above/next to the subject, and add a coloured backdrop if needed.

No there's something else goes on with the in-game camera I'm sure. I've noticed it a lot taking pictures for uploads. You get better pictures with Fraps. Better resolution for a start but it does something to the colour too.

Theorist
#198 Old 27th Apr 2016 at 6:26 AM
The local laundromat

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Scholar
#199 Old 1st May 2016 at 10:28 AM
Behold: The saddest excuse for a home business like... ever. It's behind a spoiler, because it's an eyesore.

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#200 Old 1st May 2016 at 10:58 AM
If it's post-apocalypse it's going to be skanky - I see they have free Rad Tubs.

Page 8 of 12