Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#1276 Old 12th Nov 2015 at 6:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Snufflepaws
Ugh, new peeve - that blasted line that comes with the darts board. Such an eyesore.

You can't have darts without an oche though, surely?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#1277 Old 12th Nov 2015 at 6:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
This is the main one I remember. http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=8666.0

Thank you. I've read the entire thing, and the only concrete information is that BO does not like dickhurt. Which he himself states may be why he dislikes his mods. Then there are vague references to issues, seemingly potential glitches and mods not working as intended, but no real facts about what the problem is.

Sorry, I don't mean to be grumpy, but the Sims community has a tendency to circle-quote endlessly, until it's been said so much everyone takes it for truth even though nobody knows why. All modders create things that don't always work as intended. And in the case of dickhurt, many of his does work as intended for lots of people. As long as things don't cause corruption, isn't it kind of mean to scare people away from mods they may enjoy, because there is a chance it might not work? Worst case scenario you remove it, and that's it.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#1278 Old 12th Nov 2015 at 9:21 PM
@Essa, with the mirror your sim clicks on it and selects a family which would be a sim from there own family, and then when you click on that sim it would show all the sims in that family. I'm not sure how it picks the initial sim since it could be either parent of the toddler. Then once the whole family is displayed you would pick the toddler then it asks you where the toddler is going and you need to find the babysitter or the sim it shows from the baby sitters family. That is where it can get tricky, well it does for me since I forget that who all is in the family and the game might show grandma who lives with the baby sitter. Once you agree the toddler disappears on a flash of blue like the visitor controller does. If you save and check the hood you will see the toddler is at their house and if you load it up the toddler really is there. It moves them in temporarily.. I use this as it allows the baby sitter to do more options with the toddler. If you use the simlogical cat I don't think you get options like bath or feed in highchair ect. Once the parent comes home to reverse things and summon the toddler back to their own family.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#1279 Old 13th Nov 2015 at 3:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
You can't have darts without an oche though, surely?

... Shush

Yeah I don't know anything about darts but I figured something must tell you how far back to stand. Trouble is, I always see it as a roll of paper which looks annoying in the middle of a floor. I wish it blended more, like chalk texture perhaps.

(Hint hint nudge nudge to any creators reading. )

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Mad Poster
#1280 Old 13th Nov 2015 at 10:53 PM
The fact that the holiday frosted windows that came with Happy Holidays are entirely separate windows from their basegame, instead of new coloration options like they OBVIOUSLY SHOULD HAVE BEEN.

Actually, what I'd REALLY like to see would be windows that automatically frosted in Winter... but I suppose combining elements from three separate EP/SP collections would probably be a bit much...

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Scholar
Original Poster
#1281 Old 14th Nov 2015 at 10:53 AM
I just buy the frosted windows in Autumn 5 and swap them back Spring 1.

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Mad Poster
#1282 Old 14th Nov 2015 at 3:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
There is a mod for visiting other sims houses by Chris Hatch, but I've never tried it. I think it would conflict with the Community Lot Time mod.

Also psst, if you are not bumping something up for a reason, mods don't like double posting and I've noticed you have done it on a couple of threads. They want you to use the edit button.

Again though (pet advice of mine), be very, very careful with this mod.

When I used it, if the Sims on the lot left for work or school, and your Sim was still on the lot I was stuck re that lot. The build and buy modes for that lot grayed out, and the only way I could find to fix it was to move the family in and out. I did manage to send the visitor home, though (and got a ghost vehicle).

Also, another member here found out that when a fire broke out while a visitor was on the lot , the same thing happens if the firefighter appeared. Make sure NO Sim is anywhere near a stove or grill, and that NO Sim enters or leaves a lot while the visitor is there!

This is where a test hood would come in handy. Test that one with all different scenarios before using this in a main hood.

I had to reluctantly get rid of the mod because I still allow people to visit and leave the lot. But it is wonderful when it works fine!

I should add that at the time, I had only up to Seasons, so had to download the version applicable to my game. I don't know, however, what EPs/SPs the other person had. And we never ruled out a conflicting mod. It could be I have one in my game, though I can't imagine what it could be.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Mad Poster
#1283 Old 14th Nov 2015 at 6:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kankritty
I just buy the frosted windows in Autumn 5 and swap them back Spring 1.

I would, except that's a little less practical when I make huge mansions with dozens (or maybe hundreds- I haven't actually counted) of windows, and when there's a half-dozen other objects occupying that same tile!

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Scholar
Original Poster
#1284 Old 14th Nov 2015 at 8:34 PM
Again another Holiday peeve

Those fairy lights - you can't turn them on and off!

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#1285 Old 14th Nov 2015 at 9:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gazania
Again though (pet advice of mine), be very, very careful with this mod.

When I used it, if the Sims on the lot left for work or school, and your Sim was still on the lot I was stuck re that lot. The build and buy modes for that lot grayed out, and the only way I could find to fix it was to move the family in and out. I did manage to send the visitor home, though (and got a ghost vehicle).

Did you try enabling build and buy? Was the sim controllable, why could you not tell him to go home? Or was the lot not in live mode either? Was time still running? Could you have waited for them to come back home? As I said I don't use the mod but I know Jessa from the Jessa Chanel does.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
Original Poster
#1286 Old 16th Nov 2015 at 7:12 PM

Scholar
#1287 Old 17th Nov 2015 at 1:02 AM
That there's no "bit of everything" or "undecided" aspiration. A lot of my sims (in my mind) aren't completely money or romance obsessed, but they like it more than average. Or some sims don't know what/who they are yet.

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#1288 Old 17th Nov 2015 at 1:20 AM
You could change their aspirations once a season.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#1289 Old 17th Nov 2015 at 3:49 AM
REMINGTON! Put that damn cat down and get to work! You have a house to clean!

Everyone knows that petting the cat is the most important thing. XD
Scholar
#1290 Old 17th Nov 2015 at 3:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Everyone knows that petting the cat is the most important thing. XD

Darn you, my calico just toasted to that. She's pompous enough as it is.

Field Researcher
#1291 Old 17th Nov 2015 at 6:55 AM
REMINGTON! Put that damn cat down and get to work! You have a house to clean!
Sorry for taking this thread off-course, but the picture associated with that is the cutest thing I've seen all day.
Scholar
Original Poster
#1292 Old 17th Nov 2015 at 7:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jaytee95
Sorry for taking this thread off-course, but the picture associated with that is the cutest thing I've seen all day.

This thread has gone off-course so many times

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#1293 Old 17th Nov 2015 at 8:46 AM
This thread has gone off-course so many times

Which is highly unusual for a thread on MTS.
Mad Poster
#1294 Old 17th Nov 2015 at 12:52 PM
Starting to seeing Remington in a whole new light now
Scholar
Original Poster
#1295 Old 17th Nov 2015 at 3:45 PM
What's his aspiration?
he's Remington Harris, I think - I changed his face a bit.

EDIT: He's a Family Sim, just as I thought!

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Remington_Harris

Inventor
#1296 Old 19th Nov 2015 at 1:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Which is highly unusual for a thread on MTS.

...simsampler said, looking flatly at Pizzatron-9000 and his one- or two-dozen thread derailings.... .

What's his aspiration?
he's Remington Harris, I think - I changed his face a bit.

Did you do that with a mod, or did you do it the proper way? "Here, Remington, come in and sit in this barber's chair a few dozen times while I use you to work on my Cosmetology badge...."
Scholar
Original Poster
#1297 Old 19th Nov 2015 at 7:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Pizzatron-9000
...simsampler said, looking flatly at Pizzatron-9000 and his one- or two-dozen thread derailings.... .

Did you do that with a mod, or did you do it the proper way? "Here, Remington, come in and sit in this barber's chair a few dozen times while I use you to work on my Cosmetology badge...."

SimBlender. I'm lazy, as you know. :D

Mad Poster
#1298 Old 19th Nov 2015 at 8:02 AM
The sterile loneliness when making a neighborhood, especially when made from a preset empty lots neighborhood.

It becomes an issue of laziness to fix the situation by adding more Sims and lots, but never do.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Inventor
#1299 Old 19th Nov 2015 at 12:40 PM
(...which reminds me that I should probably get back to work on Moku Lahahana. I have so much of that tropical archipelago to fill with houses, businesses and Sims...maybe about 25% First World settlers and 75% half-naked native islanders. Populating a virgin neighborhood's half the fun, you know? )
Scholar
Original Poster
#1300 Old 21st Nov 2015 at 9:49 AM
Bodyshop Lighting.

Page 52 of 275