Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
#51 Old 27th Jan 2016 at 10:11 PM
I'd like to see a mod that makes parrots into major pets. There's no reason to have a highly intelligent, active creature like an African Grey parrot be a minor pet with a minor lifespan and no moodlets.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#52 Old 28th Jan 2016 at 11:28 PM
I'd love a mod or utility that would allow me to change the script thingie/xml thingie/programming thingie attached to a rabbit hole so I could easily change the role of the hole. I tried doing this in s3pe, and failed fantastically!

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Field Researcher
#53 Old 29th Jan 2016 at 1:32 AM
It's impossible to implement, but a driving mod... i'll try to explain further. What I mean is: opening doors, pulling onto the drive... you know... the little things. Then there's things like road rage, getting out of your car and having a go at Yumi Sekemoto... who you know is getting old, but still confound it woman watch where you are walking!
Theorist
#54 Old 29th Jan 2016 at 9:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by zigersimmer
I'd love a mod or utility that would allow me to change the script thingie/xml thingie/programming thingie attached to a rabbit hole so I could easily change the role of the hole. I tried doing this in s3pe, and failed fantastically!

Do you mean, like, changing a school to become a bistro, for example? You can do that.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Top Secret Researcher
#55 Old 1st Feb 2016 at 12:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist
Do you mean, like, changing a school to become a bistro, for example? You can do that.

You can, but apparently I lack the skill.

Mad Poster
#56 Old 1st Feb 2016 at 12:43 AM
Hmm, a future issue I might need to look at-

I'm interested in seeing if the subway rabbithole can get additional uses (i.e. business, hospital). This means that we can kind of pretend sims are commuting off to other places.
Theorist
#57 Old 2nd Feb 2016 at 6:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by zigersimmer
You can, but apparently I lack the skill.

I covered that here
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...ic,22768.0.html

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 7th Feb 2016 at 7:52 PM
Speeding tickets, more crime maybe?
A menstruation/miscarriage mod maybe, there was one for Sims 3
Mad Poster
#59 Old 9th Feb 2016 at 2:38 AM
Fewer, more realistic career openings- your sim might be stuck in a part-time job/secondary career track until an opening shows up. Careers like business & the military might have constant openings, while musical openings will be far and few between.

Interviews- your sim will enter the rabbithole, and depending on their skill points and a random number generator, your sim will get the job or not.

Getting laid off- Your sim might get laid off regardless of their performance level- a short popup might describe how the company was downsizing, or how it might have gone out of business.

I actually wonder if any of these might be possible as mods.
Alchemist
#60 Old 9th Feb 2016 at 11:23 PM
I still really, really wish there was a way to restrict ghosts to haunting certain areas more, or not at all. Like locked doors, only, locked walls/ceilings/floors where you can manually select which ghosts roam where. >_>
(It'd make making a haunted mansion way more fun if the ghosts were restricted to certain types of rooms.)

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Mad Poster
#61 Old 10th Feb 2016 at 3:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
Fewer, more realistic career openings- your sim might be stuck in a part-time job/secondary career track until an opening shows up. Careers like business & the military might have constant openings, while musical openings will be far and few between.

Actually on top of this, job postings should last for around 2-3 days.

Quote:
Interviews- your sim will enter the rabbithole, and depending on their skill points and a random number generator, your sim will get the job or not.

This means that during that time, your sim can use the computer to "Improve their resume", which should give a boost to their chances of getting hired.
Test Subject
#62 Old 10th Feb 2016 at 2:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
Actually on top of this, job postings should last for around 2-3 days.

This means that during that time, your sim can use the computer to "Improve their resume", which should give a boost to their chances of getting hired.

Oooh, and they can lie on their resume, which has a chance of them getting caught, which will hurt future prospects!

What I really want to see is a mod that makes the cutaway walls behave like TS1's -- only the wall between you and your currently selected sim is cut, and all the other walls are up.
Instructor
#63 Old 10th Feb 2016 at 9:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Droewyn
What I really want to see is a mod that makes the cutaway walls behave like TS1's -- only the wall between you and your currently selected sim is cut, and all the other walls are up.

Yesssss. It's so annoying that I never see the walls of bathrooms, since I build them small and narrow most of the time.
Instructor
#64 Old 11th Feb 2016 at 2:20 AM
I would like to see a mod where your Sim can try to kill service Sims including the social worker and police if they want to try and get away with a crime but that may be too M rated for EA. Still killing the lone social worker who shows up at my cabin in the wood because one child sim in lonely seems like realistic outcome. Also one of my Sims wanted to to learn the Street art skill so I had him practice on a building he owned and a cop still showed up and arrested him, i really wanted the option to kill that cop.

I am an awful person.

My PC specs.
Windows 7 64 bit,AMD FX 4300 quad core processor, 8 gigs DDR3 ram, 1 gig Geforce 9500 graphics card, patch 1.67.2
Every time I reinstall the game I run it clean without any CC, not even the store bought stuff so it isn't CC or mods that cause me trouble.
One Minute Ninja'd
#65 Old 11th Feb 2016 at 2:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by EvilMcNastySim2015
I would like to see a mod where your Sim can try to kill service Sims including the social worker and police if they want to try and get away with a crime but that may be too M rated for EA. Still killing the lone social worker who shows up at my cabin in the wood because one child sim in lonely seems like realistic outcome. Also one of my Sims wanted to to learn the Street art skill so I had him practice on a building he owned and a cop still showed up and arrested him, i really wanted the option to kill that cop.

I am an awful person.

You're not an awful person. You just have a vivid, violent imagination.

Can't you use Dexter the Bear to kill NPCs as well as townies? And does the gun mod still work, or was that never updated to 1.67?
Top Secret Researcher
#66 Old 11th Feb 2016 at 4:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist
I covered that here
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...ic,22768.0.html

That's what I tried to do. And failed fabulously. Absolutely fabulously. I am cursed.

Instructor
#67 Old 11th Feb 2016 at 4:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
You're not an awful person. You just have a vivid, violent imagination.

Can't you use Dexter the Bear to kill NPCs as well as townies? And does the gun mod still work, or was that never updated to 1.67?

I have never of either of those, I will have to check them out.

Also I was being sarcastic with the awful person remark.

Thanks I will look for those now.

My PC specs.
Windows 7 64 bit,AMD FX 4300 quad core processor, 8 gigs DDR3 ram, 1 gig Geforce 9500 graphics card, patch 1.67.2
Every time I reinstall the game I run it clean without any CC, not even the store bought stuff so it isn't CC or mods that cause me trouble.
Test Subject
#68 Old 11th Feb 2016 at 11:03 AM
Hello everyone!

I need help. Perhaps someone here can help me.
Once I had revised the lifespan Mod. You can find it here: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=491950
This had worked to patch 1.67.
Now the mod is no longer effective in the game and I can not find the reason.

Regards etenia
(P.S. hasimaus071 and etenia are the same person could not find and change the password =/ )
One Minute Ninja'd
#69 Old 11th Feb 2016 at 11:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by EvilMcNastySim2015
I have never of either of those, I will have to check them out.

Also I was being sarcastic with the awful person remark.

Thanks I will look for those now.

Here's the Dexter link http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=372599

Here's the weapons mod http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=402950 . Looks like folks are using it with 1.67 after all.
Instructor
#70 Old 11th Feb 2016 at 1:27 PM
Thanks a bunch, that saved me a lot of time looking through mods!

My PC specs.
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 13th Feb 2016 at 5:22 AM
Unrequited love, or at least unequal/non-mutual relationship scores.
I seem to remember that TS2 had unequal relationship scores...

Back to Sims after a 2-year hiatus!

Blogs, to be resurrected once I get a new graphics card load TS3 on my new computer:
STEALIE NICKS Klepto King Challenge (updated 9/16/14)
THE HOUSE OF MOODICI (the Altos' Renaissance in Riverview)

my EA forums page
Scholar
#72 Old 13th Feb 2016 at 6:58 AM
In Sims 2 it is not possible to have unequal affections without a mod.
Scholar
#73 Old 14th Feb 2016 at 5:08 AM
If there are pets, there should be a vet. The vet career track would work like the medical career track after Ambitions with out of office opportunities like an immunization event for dogs or to solve a dispute between a vet tech and a lab worker. You might also be called on in the middle of the night because an animal is giving birth or is sick. The completely realistic hierarchy could be:
1- scratching post
2- litter box cleaner
3- dog walker
4- vet tech
5- animal behaviorist
6- veterinary practitioner
7- veterinary anesthesiologist
8- veterinary surgeon
9- doctor of zoological medicine
10- world famous zoologist
Career metrics would be logic, science, mood and coworkers. You could get a bonus for graduating with a degree in science and medicine from university and come into it as a vet tech.

Aging diseases such as Alzheimer's, cancer, and diabetes. Alzheimer's could be like getting the trait's "hot headed" "absent minded" and "grumpy" at the same time but would be assigned to elders at random at age up. Cancer could pop up at random (weighted heavily towards elders) with unexplained weight loss/throwing up, negative moodlets, and a "go to hospital" wish. Sometimes cancer would go away, but sometimes it wouldn't leading to premature death. Diabetes in game would be closer to type 2 and would pop up randomly through the adult and elderly population and make it harder to fill the "hunger" need. It will get progressively worse until the sim goes to the hospital, gets diagnosed and gets a treatment program that the player can follow or not to prolong that sim's life or foreshorten it. I guess they could work like a hidden trait and be heritable, but also have a random chance of popping up in the population.

Sims should have a random injury chance, with a higher likelihood for athletic, couch potatoes, clumsy, dare devils, and those employed in active careers such as the armed forces, police, crime, and sports. Athletic sims have a higher chance because they've pushed themselves too hard or came to a mishap while jogging. Things happen to police officers, members of the armed forces, criminals, and sports stars. Couch potatoes and clumsy sims are at risk due to their ineptitude. Daredevils are at risk because they do stupid stuff.

Dare devils get to do stupid stuff! Dare devils should get the option to do stupid things that other sims can't and they should be able to get a bonus to completing UL dares/get the wish to dare people to do things. They should also get more daring romantic socials easier than other sims, like they should be able to "confess attraction" at "very alluring" instead of "extremely irresistible" because they are more willing to risk the other person being repulsed.

With injuries would come the First Aid skill which is a career asset for those in the medical career track and for fire fighters in the same way the science skill is. It could be tied to first aid kit object, but sims with enough skill would be able to just click on the injured sim and "assess injury" outdoorsy sims could use things from the environment to make a splint or staunch a wound. There would be 3 skill books like there are for handiness and cooking.
book 1- Cleaning the wound
book 2- Breaks vs Sprains
book 3- CPR and You!
One Minute Ninja'd
#74 Old 14th Feb 2016 at 1:06 PM
Well, there is already a vet career posted on here, although the promotion order is likely a bit different than yours http://modthesims.info/d/464085
Scholar
#75 Old 14th Feb 2016 at 4:09 PM
Thanks, eskie, I found that after I'd already hit "submit," but I had so much fun thinking this up that I decided to leave it.
Page 3 of 13