Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Space Pony
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th May 2016 at 4:16 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default My Sims Are Stuck On Vacation!
I made sims based on some of the guys from the rock band Journey, and I sent two of them on vacation to Twiki Island, and now the can't leave! I keep getting an object error about the carpool! And yes, I have boolprop enabled! Any ideas?! I was thinking to use the spawner from the Insimenator to take them to someone else's house, add them, move them out, and then move them back home, but that might make things worse! I'm freaking out here! Somebunny help me...!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 5th May 2016 at 4:36 PM
I am somebunny, and had to do exactly that when that annoying bug happened to me..years ago. I stopped sending sims in vacation after that.
But yes. Go play another family, any other. Then use a teleporter object of your choice, and teleport them over. Move them in using a mod of your choice again, then send them back to the bin by asking them to find own place. They can now rebuy their house.
What sucks though, is that you can never really plan that bug...otherwise, I would have put my Stay-Thing_shrub mod at their house before they leave and select that everything in their house stays after they move.

You'll be able to get your family back, but their house might be empty when they go back in.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Scholar
#3 Old 5th May 2016 at 6:06 PM
If you can open the neighbourhood in SimPe, first open whatever sub-hood their home is in and note it's instance (in hex) then open their Family Information (FAMI) in the primary neighbourhood and enter that value into the 'Now On Lot'.

The hotel they were staying in may be rendered useless until you enter, save and exit it a couple of times to clear it's occupied state.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 5th May 2016 at 6:26 PM
Wow..I wish I knew this back then. Thank you.

Instructor
#5 Old 5th May 2016 at 7:20 PM
One thing to keep in mind about sending your sims on vacation: Do NOT save the game while the transport taxi is still on the lot. This is one of the major causes of sims becoming stuck and the vacation lot becoming unusable. This was one of the big errors that EA could only issue a warning for--they said it could not be fixed by a patch.

A fool and his money are soon parted. ~ Thomas Tusser
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 5th May 2016 at 10:37 PM
Really, I hadn't even heard of that. Never saw any warning. Typical of EA though to toss in a major bug and not fix it.

Airazor65, I had that once and the teleport, move in move out fixed it. Sure was a pain in the neck though.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#7 Old 6th May 2016 at 12:17 AM
Good to know. I had a Sim stuck once, his family in the shuttle already. When I went to their home, he came happily home with them
Instructor
#8 Old 6th May 2016 at 4:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Really, I hadn't even heard of that. Never saw any warning. Typical of EA though to toss in a major bug and not fix it.

That's because EA stuck it on a random feedback thread on TS2.com's BBs. They forgot to mark it as essential though, so it promptly got lost in the multitude of new threads.

I took a vacation from TS2 myself after I lost a cherished legacy family to that error. That's why it's stuck in my mind. I am forever compelled to warn others of the concealed evil nature of the vacation transport taxi. :cylon:

Space Pony
Original Poster
#9 Old 7th May 2016 at 9:36 PM
Default Oh!
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
I am somebunny, and had to do exactly that when that annoying bug happened to me..years ago. I stopped sending sims in vacation after that.
But yes. Go play another family, any other. Then use a teleporter object of your choice, and teleport them over. Move them in using a mod of your choice again, then send them back to the bin by asking them to find own place. They can now rebuy their house.
What sucks though, is that you can never really plan that bug...otherwise, I would have put my Stay-Thing_shrub mod at their house before they leave and select that everything in their house stays after they move.

You'll be able to get your family back, but their house might be empty when they go back in.

Really? But... there's two kids and another dude at home. What do I do with them?
Space Pony
Original Poster
#10 Old 7th May 2016 at 9:39 PM
Default Wow! Thank you!... ;')
:lovestruc Wow... thanks everyone...! It really helped. I let everyone in on what happens in the next few days. Again, thank you!
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 7th May 2016 at 10:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Airazor65
Really? But... there's two kids and another dude at home. What do I do with them?

You can use the teleportal object on them too, I am sure. You need to get the household all together so that you can move them.
Space Pony
Original Poster
#12 Old 9th May 2016 at 4:07 PM
Default Whole Again?
Well, after managing to get one of them in the sim bin, I got him an empty lot, built him a house, and used the Spawner to bring in the rest of the family, and the Sim Manipulator's family menu to bring them all together. Everything's going great for now--- except... their cat, Miss Kitty, is currently M.I.A! Other than that, it's all good. I think the game forgot the cat completely...

Again, thanks everyone. :lovestruc
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 10th May 2016 at 3:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Airazor65
Well, after managing to get one of them in the sim bin, I got him an empty lot, built him a house, and used the Spawner to bring in the rest of the family, and the Sim Manipulator's family menu to bring them all together. Everything's going great for now--- except... their cat, Miss Kitty, is currently M.I.A! Other than that, it's all good. I think the game forgot the cat completely...

Again, thanks everyone. :lovestruc

You might be able to get the cat by using this mod: SW-Visual-Teleporter.package, the Visual Teleportal from Sim Wardrobe. It has the ability to Teleport Sim's Pets or Stray Pets.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 10th May 2016 at 4:05 AM
@Airazor65 You need the cat statue...if you don't already have it. A must-have.
http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2P...Teleporters.htm

Forum Resident
#15 Old 10th May 2016 at 7:50 AM
Thank you for mentioning Inge's cat, @Rosebine. It made me check the dates on my Simlogical teleporters, because I'd been using this one, which was an updated version by Jordi here of an earlier version of Inge's teleporter (in shrub and painting forms). But now I realize Inge's cats have an even later date *and* do pets *and* have a specific AL version, plus apparently you can also make sims into Downtownies with them (the reason I got Jordi's version previously). Can't figure out why I'm still using Jordi's then, unless I just needed someone to come along and point that out to me. So you've been the one to do me that favor!

As long as I'm commenting, I see in Inge's notes that she mentions (in her notes for the pre-AL version of the Cat) that it should not be used when a baby is in a highchair or crib, lest that stick the chair or crib in use. Maybe it's a good time to mention that in the same vein, I've found odd glitches happening when a family or even only certain members of a household are moved out while the baby is in a Bouncinator (originally a Sims 2 store item along with the Dangle Monster but now made available by various fan sites since the store apparently went kaput---all before my time, so I never saw the Store in action).

Now, that might only be because I use these tweaked versions of the Bouncinator and DangleMonster, by RebaLynn at Leefish, but in case it isn't, thought I'd mention that before partial or whole-family moves (and presumably before teleporting out, though I haven't done that with babies), I now have babies taken out of either of those two items as well. In fact, pre--move-out is the only instance in which I deliberately put babies on the floor, to avoid any problems with items they were in. Had no more move-out glitches in families with babies since starting to do that.

(And I can't resist adding...oh, how I love the Bouncinator animations! Even the tantrum delights me.)
Instructor
#16 Old 10th May 2016 at 10:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by natboopsie
...(originally a Sims 2 store item along with the Dangle Monster...

Warning: Dixieland will now proceed to reminisce.

Lengthy Fun Fact: Those two items were originally in The Sims 2 Apartment Life. Back when we had fan events, Steve from The Sims Resource uploaded a video of a baby using the items. :lovestruc The video of it was removed shortly after and its ever having existed was denied. A few months later, Apartment Life came out. The items were nowhere to be seen. But wait, the plot thickens.

The next thing to happen was The Sims 2 $tore offered the items for sale. There was a bit of an uproar. To understand why, you have to know about The Sims 2 $tore's original idea and purpose. It was a good one: You could buy any decoration, furniture, etc...from any of the Expansions or Stuff Packs (provided they possessed no new animations) that you wanted. This was great for people who didn't have an interest in buying whole packs.
The kicker is that (apart from the three promotional items that were released on the $tore's opening) it was stated on the official forums by the Maxoids (EA employees) and SimMasters (forum moderators) that the $tore would never host unique content (stuff not found in Expansions, Stuff Packs or possessing new animations and interactivity).
Obviously this statement was proven false rather quickly. New themed sets like Asian, Spooky, Cubic, Castle, Deco and Art Nouveau were released for some rather eyebrow-raising prices.
For many fans this was a bit too much. Most of us (myself included at the time) had bought every pack that had ever been released on day one for top dollar--and also at the time, the sting of Bon Voyage's SecuROM fiasco was still in keenly felt. Many of us also felt that TS2 required more love in the patch department.
So, to make a long story short, (TOO LATE!) the $tore's release of the purchasable functional baby items was a bad move on EA's part. But TS3 was just around the corner. The last pack, *Mansion and Garden Stuff*, was released.
Now, the funny thing is, bug reports starting pouring into the official forums. The baby items would not work. The problem? The people affected did not have Mansion and Garden Stuff or The Sims 2 Apartment Life installed.

*Stuff Pack by name, Expansion Pack by code (new animations included sliding down stair railings and sniffing flowers).

Mad Poster
#17 Old 10th May 2016 at 1:32 PM
@natboopsie All my sims have one in their house/app.unit. I am very happy I could help you! Thank you for the info about baby items.

Forum Resident
#18 Old 10th May 2016 at 1:47 PM
You really did, Rosebine. And you are welcome, right back.
Space Pony
Original Poster
#19 Old 10th May 2016 at 3:45 PM
Arigatou gozaimasu!~ :D
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 13th May 2016 at 4:50 PM
Interesting. I recently had a glitch--I'm on Mac with the Sims 2 Super Collection--where my family got home from vacation and the taxi showed up again and they tried to go to Three Lakes a second time. And no, I hadn't saved with the taxi on the home lot when they returned. They'd just gotten home and the taxi drove away then immediately returned while they were all settling into the house, running to the bathrooms, etc. Worse, I couldn't get the stupid nanny to leave. (Since the first vacation cost them a whopping 10 grand--yes it's a big family and they have expensive tastes in hotels and dining--I sure as heck didn't want them going a second time.) I wound up canceling their entry into the taxi and then saving and quitting. When I reloaded the taxi was gone and they were able to dismiss the useless nanny required because they had a cat at home. I think next time I'll have them give the cat to a friend and then have the friend give it back to them when they get home to save the $250 some odd simoleons the nanny costs. She didn't even bother to fill the cat dish or pick up dirty dishes either. How useless can you get?
Mad Poster
#21 Old 13th May 2016 at 5:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by zheyrryhn
... I think next time I'll have them give the cat to a friend and then have the friend give it back to them when they get home to save the $250 some odd simoleons the nanny costs. She didn't even bother to fill the cat dish or pick up dirty dishes either. How useless can you get?

OR...go grab that very useful mod by BoilingOil.
http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=3005

Forum Resident
#22 Old 14th May 2016 at 7:11 PM
Eh, if I were gonna be gone on vacation long enough to rack up 10G, I'd rather leave my cat with a friend too.
Scholar
#23 Old 14th May 2016 at 8:41 PM
I deleted a hood as I couldn't figure out how to end one sim's Vacation. Was probably for the best, that particular hood wasn't 100% hiding corruption issues. It was funny that he couldn't leave though.
Theorist
#24 Old 14th May 2016 at 10:09 PM
My sims always come home from vacation with more than they had before leaving. Dig for treasure is their best friend.

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Test Subject
#25 Old 4th Aug 2020 at 10:07 AM
Default Help.
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
If you can open the neighbourhood in SimPe, first open whatever sub-hood their home is in and note it's instance (in hex) then open their Family Information (FAMI) in the primary neighbourhood and enter that value into the 'Now On Lot'.

The hotel they were staying in may be rendered useless until you enter, save and exit it a couple of times to clear it's occupied state.

I tried adding them to another family then I moved them to another home but when I played again the game said they're still on vacation but when it redirects me to the vacation home they're not there anymore. I hope you find this message :<<
Page 1 of 2