Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st May 2016 at 12:16 AM Last edited by yellan : 3rd Jun 2016 at 10:32 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Sim won't eat food (just one sim) [solved]
I have a particular sim named Reed who won't eat food from a plate on the kitchen table -- he jumps and the action falls out of his queue. He will eat cookies or something from the refrigerator, just not at the table. Changing out the table and chairs or having him eat different food had no effect. No other sims appear to be affected at this time, and I ran through the game problem FAQ. The problem persists with all cc removed and with all user files except the Neighborhoods folder removed. (There was no point to removing the neighborhoods folder that I could see, since the problem is with this specific sim.)

After making backups, I moved his family out of their house and moved them to a different lot. Same problem.

So, I assume there is an issue with his character file, but I don't know if there is a way to verify that.

The neighborhood has been showing other possible signs of corruption (speech bubbles with lines) although I don't know why since I haven't, to my knowledge, done any of the Very Bad Things. I've run HoodChecker and removed bad memories, and I have used the batbox to get rid of some gossip (although I am not clear on whether that has to be done individually on every lot to be effective.

Anyhow, my question: I'm not especially attached to this sim but I am quite attached to the neighborhood and would like to keep it playable as long as possible.

Does anyone have suggestions that might help me keep my neighborhood limping along a while longer? Will it help if I kill off Mr. Stupid No-Eaty Sim? Or does that not matter at all?

Oh yeah, I have the UC.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 1st Jun 2016 at 9:08 PM
I have a feeling it's a mod ruining your game. Try to remove the all the mods.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#3 Old 1st Jun 2016 at 9:34 PM
No idea about the not-eating sim really if you've tried the bat box but I just want to say it's not the gossip. Gossip doesn't do that so forget that one. Also, if it's just one sim, it's unlikely to be a mod (though it's always worth testing) and likely to be the sim. Have you tried generating an error report (turn on Debug Mode, let the fault happen, then go and collect the error report (a simsexpection report in this case I think)). Post the file here and someone might be able to help you (post the file - don't copy paste the contents).

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 3rd Jun 2016 at 1:22 AM
Thanks! It can't be a mod, because I was able to reproduce the problem with all cc including mods removed from the game.

Here is the log file you requested, @maxon. I had to zip it because apparently it was too large. I tried to get Reed to eat hamburgers and he wouldn't. Heck if I know what I'd be looking for in it, but if someone else does....
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  ObjectError_N174_t145499.7z (12.5 KB, 224 downloads) - View custom content
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 3rd Jun 2016 at 1:53 AM
Try resetting your sim. Put on moveobjects on, delete him with the hand tool, save and go to the hood. reload the lot and he will be by the mail box. Also rebuy his bed, yeah that sounds strange but beds can give sims bugs.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 3rd Jun 2016 at 9:47 PM
Thank you, jo. I tried this and no luck, he still jumps whenever told to eat food.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 3rd Jun 2016 at 9:56 PM
Oooooh, so googling the "tree break encountered" error turned THIS up: http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/post-6782.html

and it sounds basically identical to what's going on with me... I wonder if it's something similar. Now to see if I can manage to look at memories in SimPE.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 3rd Jun 2016 at 10:32 PM
Ahahaha! You guys! My sim is eating food now! @BoilingOil saved the day and he didn't even know it. Thank you @maxon for telling me how to get the error log, that was what put me on the right trail.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#9 Old 3rd Jun 2016 at 10:41 PM
BO will be pleased no doubt. I was going to point you to the information pages about how to read error logs but that looks great.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 3rd Jun 2016 at 11:06 PM
Ooh, where are those? It would surely be helpful to have around for future reference.
Scholar
#11 Old 4th Jun 2016 at 4:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by yellan
Ahahaha! You guys! My sim is eating food now! @BoilingOil saved the day and he didn't even know it. Thank you @maxon for telling me how to get the error log, that was what put me on the right trail.

Oh, cool. The screwed "Foods Eaten" token error. I'm glad that it was saved for posterity, @yellan!

Quote: Originally posted by maxon
BO will be pleased no doubt.

VERY!!
Scholar
#12 Old 4th Jun 2016 at 1:41 PM
Ok, I sincerely apologize for double-posting, but suddenly a new idea comes to mind:

The NSL was *designed* to scan for stuff - preferably broken or in danger of corrupting the game - and remove it. So it's hardly an effort for me to add this "corrupted Foods Eaten" token to its repertoire! So whenever a sim develops anorexia, all one would have to do, is visit another lot for a moment - with *any* sim, not even necessarily the sick one - after which the sim is fixed again.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#13 Old 4th Jun 2016 at 1:45 PM
^ Yes please. I've never had this bug, but you know as soon as you say that- boom.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#14 Old 4th Jun 2016 at 2:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BoilingOil
The NSL was *designed* to scan for stuff - preferably broken or in danger of corrupting the game - and remove it. So it's hardly an effort for me to add this "corrupted Foods Eaten" token to its repertoire! So whenever a sim develops anorexia, all one would have to do, is visit another lot for a moment - with *any* sim, not even necessarily the sick one - after which the sim is fixed again.

I've had this happen several times in my game, so that would be really helpful.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 4th Jun 2016 at 2:41 PM
What is the SNL?

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#16 Old 4th Jun 2016 at 2:44 PM
NSL- No Sim Loaded.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#17 Old 4th Jun 2016 at 3:08 PM
Oh!...I have this. I realised I did not have an account at Leefish...I'll see what other goodies I can get
Thank you.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#18 Old 4th Jun 2016 at 3:37 PM
That would be great BO.

Scholar
#19 Old 4th Jun 2016 at 5:32 PM
Ok already! No need to start twisting my arm! I'll comply!

Scholar
#20 Old 4th Jun 2016 at 9:38 PM
Actually, there is also another way to fix this, especially useful for people who do not want to install the NSL in their game.

What's happening, is the following: Every time your sim eats something from a plate or a bowl that he has not eaten before, the game creates a token "Foods Eaten" with the GUID of the meal your sim currently has before him.
(That's why protein drinks and snacks from the fridge are no problem: they don't come on a plate or in a bowl, and are thus not considered a meal in the same sense. They are not stored in such tokens.)
And how does the game know that your sim has not had it before? Well, it tries to find a token with the right GUID in the sim's memory. And if it doesn't find that token, it makes one, because this is clearly the first time!

The BHAV "Token - Eaten Before" is responsible for finding this token. The error that was mentioned above, only occurs if this BHAV finds a token with not enough properties defined on it.
Now here's what I can do: I can alter this BHAV slightly, so that next time it encounters a broken token, in stead of throwing an error, making the sim jump and starve, it simply and silently deletes the corrupted object and continues its search...

Perhaps, this is even better than adding it to the NSL It fixes the problem on the fly, and you'll never know there WAS a problem...
Undead Molten Llama
#21 Old 4th Jun 2016 at 10:25 PM
Just wanted to add, for people who can't/won't use SimPE and until BO does something to address the issue:

I had this happen to a Sim as well, which I fixed because my Google-fu actually worked for once and I found that thread on Leefish. But before I fixed it, I found that while he'd get the jump error if he attempted to eat something that he or another household member had just cooked, he COULD eat leftovers from the fridge just fine. (Presumably because the game treats leftovers the same way as snacks gotten from the fridge?) So, my interim solution was to have him put his plate in the fridge and then immediately retrieve it as a "leftover." It was cumbersome but...Well, at least he would eat.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#22 Old 4th Jun 2016 at 10:29 PM
We strongly recommend every uses NSL to prevent the Super Hug.

~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#23 Old 4th Jun 2016 at 10:34 PM
@iCad: You're absolutely right. Leftovers are thrown into the same category with snacks and such: they're not a complete and proper meal, and are thus ignored for the Foods Eaten system.

However, if you make a fresh meal and put it in the fridge as leftovers, then your method won't work unless you take it out and store it as leftovers AGAIN. Because the first time stored and taken out, it is still considered a full meal.
Undead Molten Llama
#24 Old 4th Jun 2016 at 11:02 PM
Hmmm....Well, it always worked for me to just put the plate/bowl in and then take the same one out right away. (At least I'm 99.9% sure it was the same meal put in and taken out, since it was the last one in the leftover "menu," and I'm 99.9% certain that that menu shows the leftovers in the order they were put into the fridge, oldest first.) At the very least, I don't think I've ever double-stored leftovers and this particular Sim could always eat anything stored as leftovers in addition to snacks. I do have a few mods affecting meals/leftovers, though, so perhaps one of them is affecting this?

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#25 Old 5th Jun 2016 at 2:59 AM
Interesting. My experience was the sim jumped and wouldn't eat whether it was leftovers or new-cooked food. But generally I put leftovers in my fridge without eating on them first so that would be consisted with what BO is saying here.
Page 1 of 2