Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
#801 Old 21st Jun 2016 at 9:19 PM
I like the bed too. It's the most realistical and to scale thing this game has to offer. Unlike that console for giants...
Advertisement
Inventor
#802 Old 22nd Jun 2016 at 12:16 AM
I like the battle station. It makes me think of Skyland erst with the whole collect monsters and use a gaming system of sorts to battle against friends. Kinda wish it was a tad smaller but the size doesn't bother me to much. I more amazed that the puppet show is so small. I was expecting it to be 3x1 maybe even 2 but it looks to be 1x1 possibly.

Overall though I am looking forward to the pack as I've been wanting a kid's pack for a long time.

Check out my Simblr
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#803 Old 22nd Jun 2016 at 1:29 AM Last edited by matrix54 : 23rd Jun 2016 at 12:49 PM. Reason: For some reason, I wrote deaths...
Speaking of large, the chair and end table are HUGE!

However, I like that EA went with accent pieces (like that hexagonal shelf thing, the clutter, decals, etc) to compliment the more simple designs (the basic furniture). Given the limited scale of the pack, that was a wise choice - the trailer showcased quite a few rooms with a limited set of items.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Forum Resident
#804 Old 22nd Jun 2016 at 10:14 PM
I'm loving the large comic print wall art. The card collecting thing sounds pretty interesting too. So far this is looking to be a big improvement on the previous Stuff packs.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#805 Old 23rd Jun 2016 at 4:53 PM Last edited by matrix54 : 24th Jun 2016 at 11:29 PM.
lol I don't have posts for Spooky Stuff or Romantic Garden.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Welcome to The little spot at the side of the bed where the Boogeyman's hand is!

This pack is similar to:
-Family Fun Stuff
-Teen Style Stuff
-Generations
-Several Sims 3 Store Sets

Features:
-Sims can collect 20 trading cards, and use them to battle each other with the battle station
-A never radio station and television channel

Gameplay:
-Sims can watch a show at the puppet theater, performed by other Sims.
-Sims can watch other Sims use the battle station. They will cheer for Sims they like, and boo sims they dislike.
Collecting all 20 cards earns you a plaque.

Create-a-Sim:

Buy:
-Single Bed
-Arm Chair
-Desk Chair
-Ottoman

-Nightstand
-Television Stand
-Desk
-Coat Hook Shelf
-Hexagonal Shelf

-Mech Decal
-Elemental Void Critter Decal I
-Elemental Void Critter Decal II
-Elemental Void Critter Decal III
-Elemental Void Critter Decal IV
-Elemental Void Critter Decal V
-Void Critter Poster
-Layered Posters
-Frame Photo
-Multi Piece Mural I
-Multi Piece Mural II
-Picture Assortment
-Framed Sport Jerseys
-Floor Mirror
-Decorative Mech Toy
-Decorative Plush Toy
-Decorative Shelf With Trophies
-Wall Art Set
-Partition

-Rocket Standee Lamp
-Hanging Lantern

-Battle Station
-Puppet Theater

-Toy Chest

-Television
-Clock

-Wardrobe
-Bookcase
-Wide Bookcase
-Waste Bin

Forum Resident
#806 Old 23rd Jun 2016 at 5:02 PM
I am tremendously uninterested with this new SP. I want Generations already, not bedroom furniture.

The simmer formerly known as Averex
My Claim to Fame
Instructor
#807 Old 23rd Jun 2016 at 5:38 PM
I know the puppet theater was in the first game and ahhhh nostalgia and stuff, but I don't have any idea why it is in this pack. While it is cute and I will probably enjoy the little shows, it would be better if this was an item to go along with toddlers. Which is usually the target audience for puppets. Children and adults should still be able to enjoy them (like in real life), but I just don't get why they chose to put them in a game where the kids look and act like teenagers.
Top Secret Researcher
#808 Old 24th Jun 2016 at 12:08 AM
Is it me or do the "new" clothing of the kids just look like bunch of t-shirts with pictures?
Top Secret Researcher
#809 Old 24th Jun 2016 at 12:46 AM
Read a few posts on this page, and I see the magic word again. Toddlers. Again with the toddlers.

I think If I talk to someone who knows someone's grandpa to someone who play Sims, he/she would already know y'all want toddlers.Trust me by this point, they (The Sims Team) would already know you want toddlers. Heck if you go to their posts on Instagram and Facebook it has Toddlers all over.

Yes, I want toddlers too, but seeing it on every other page starting to get a bit old. And depressing. As if they should just rename the game to The Toddlers and be done with it.
Forum Resident
#810 Old 24th Jun 2016 at 11:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by emino
Read a few posts on this page, and I see the magic word again. Toddlers. Again with the toddlers.

I think If I talk to someone who knows someone's grandpa to someone who play Sims, he/she would already know y'all want toddlers.Trust me by this point, they (The Sims Team) would already know you want toddlers. Heck if you go to their posts on Instagram and Facebook it has Toddlers all over.

Yes, I want toddlers too, but seeing it on every other page starting to get a bit old. And depressing. As if they should just rename the game to The Toddlers and be done with it.

So we want toddlers?
Forum Resident
#811 Old 24th Jun 2016 at 3:32 PM
Because I AM a toddler

But I also want snow.... because.. I miss.. playing in the snow around toddlers

When an engineer says that something can't be done, it's a code phrase that means it's not fun to do.
Lab Assistant
#812 Old 24th Jun 2016 at 4:09 PM
Am I the only one who just considers toddlers a "nice to have" but doesn't miss them too badly?

Because holy shit toddlers were so annoying in 2 and 3; I don't think I'd be ready for them again unless a massive overhaul was done to make them less irritating (and maaaaaaaybe get rid of having to teach them to walk/talk/potty, I mean jfc just looking after their needs and building skills was hard enough)
Inventor
#813 Old 24th Jun 2016 at 6:27 PM
The Sims 4 Kids Room Stuff: Battle Station Teaser
http://simsvip.com/2016/06/24/sims-...station-teaser/
Community Blog: Learn About the Battle Station in The Sims 4 Kids Room Stuff
http://simsvip.com/2016/06/24/colle...ids-room-stuff/
The Sims 4 Kids Room Live Broadcast ( June 24th at 1pm Pacific )
https://www.twitch.tv/thesims?sf47079821=1

Try to Wish.
http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Enric277
My Origin ID Enriquebell
Scholar
#814 Old 24th Jun 2016 at 11:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JessiL
I know the puppet theater was in the first game and ahhhh nostalgia and stuff, but I don't have any idea why it is in this pack. While it is cute and I will probably enjoy the little shows, it would be better if this was an item to go along with toddlers. Which is usually the target audience for puppets. Children and adults should still be able to enjoy them (like in real life), but I just don't get why they chose to put them in a game where the kids look and act like teenagers.

Depends on your playstyle, I'd say. Me, I turned off free will, so my children can act age appropriately, doing nothing that I do not command them to (with the exception of chatting. Sims will always group-chat, no matter what). That way breaking the childhood into three distinct stages is feasible, though not always easy. I can see me use the deco items to better flesh out the pre-school stage, while the clothing will help to differentiate the "tweens" from the "what-do-we-call-the-middle-stage-of-childhood" seven to ten year olds.
But don't start me on the "Psst, have a look: a vintage, never played with, originally sealed June firste edition voicritter card" collecting adults that will pop up in my worlds
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#815 Old 24th Jun 2016 at 11:06 PM
"While the more common critters can be acquired by ordering card booster packs from a computer, rarer monsters are better discovered by searching the world to see what you can find."

I feel like that should be the opposite. NO ONE's throwing away rare cards.

Forum Resident
#816 Old 25th Jun 2016 at 4:54 AM
Normally I would agree with not liking the over-sized stuff, but I guess the battle station is that big to make the battles easy to watch. Can't wait to create a void-critters-kids-club!
Field Researcher
#817 Old 25th Jun 2016 at 2:26 PM
I'm so excited for the kids pack! There's never been enough stuff for them in TS4 and I love mine to pieces.

I've just bought Dine Out, Movie Hangout Stuff and Romantic Garden Stuff (I got them in a bundle for £18 instead of paying £30 for them all separately) so I'm off to try those out!
Forum Resident
#818 Old 25th Jun 2016 at 9:13 PM
What I don't get is why these SPs have such little content. In TS2 or TS3 we'd at least get a broader topic with SPs, which would leave room for more content. But with these ridiculously specific SPs we get now, it just makes it painfully obvious that they're trying to see how much money they can milk from the fans. It's aggravating as fuck. Why does it have to be Kids Room Stuff instead of just Kids Stuff?

Sorry, rant over.

My Claim to Fame
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#819 Old 25th Jun 2016 at 9:25 PM Last edited by matrix54 : 25th Jun 2016 at 10:31 PM.
That argument is invalid.

Stuck packs are more of what the store used to be. Stuff packs are half of the price they previously were, and include gameplay items at the expense of a general content cut.

Scholar
#820 Old 25th Jun 2016 at 10:16 PM
still no swings
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#821 Old 25th Jun 2016 at 10:32 PM
Backyard stuff? Maybe?

Top Secret Researcher
#822 Old 25th Jun 2016 at 10:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
Stuff packs are half of the price they previously were, and include gameplay items at the expense of a general content cut.

Which is strategically bold from EA's side. TS3 store, or TS4 stuff packs, it's the same thing, a way for EA to gain on the missing features and fan loyalty.

Also, the argument is not invalid, as this basically is not a stuff pack. At least not the stuff pack concept the community is accustomed with.
Forum Resident
#823 Old 26th Jun 2016 at 12:28 AM
We're probably gonna end up with over a hundred SPs by the end of TS4's lifespan..

My Claim to Fame
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#824 Old 26th Jun 2016 at 12:30 AM Last edited by matrix54 : 26th Jun 2016 at 2:07 AM.
It's still a stuff pack. It's does the same thing it used to, with a bit more oomph. TS2 & TS3 stuff packs have included gameplay in the past. Not always a lot of it, but they have. Adding in a few gameplay objects here or there doesn't change what a stuff pack is.

Did an ice cream maker fundementally change the concept of kitchen stuff? Not at all. EA knew that fans wouldn't buy into another era of just stuff when they did that to excess for years in TS3. The real money makers were gameplay objects.

Field Researcher
#825 Old 26th Jun 2016 at 4:23 AM
I feel like stuff packs are sort of useless if you just download CC, at least CAS and build/buy wise. Instead of spending twenty bucks on a game, I could spend a few hours going through a website and finding content for kids.

My life needs editing
My tumblr
Page 33 of 141