Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Theme Catchup2018 - posted on 1st May 2018 at 1:50 PM
Replies: 4007 (Who?), Viewed: 177679 times.
Page 107 of 161
Theorist
#2651 Old 5th Nov 2016 at 6:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krudyard
When a perfectly normal-looking teenager ages up to an ugly student - suddenly he has a large nose and prominent cheekbones, which doesn't resemble his parents or the way he looked before. Grrrr.

It may be you have still broken templates in game if you use Maxis templates. You need Argon archfix http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...pic,9028.0.html or just replace them with default replacements. It doesn't fix sims already in game but new sims what will be created. To fix your sim you need use SimPE.
Top Secret Researcher
#2652 Old 5th Nov 2016 at 8:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joandsarah77
Keep in mind that's only cosmetic surgery unless you make it genetic in simpe.

You can also use Christianlov's DNA tool in my sig. It's a bit more user-friendly than SimPE.
Needs Coffee
staff: moderator
#2653 Old 5th Nov 2016 at 9:52 PM
How does that work?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#2654 Old 5th Nov 2016 at 11:07 PM Last edited by RoxEllen1965 : 10th Sep 2017 at 9:13 PM. Reason: Added link to screenshots of test sims; added link to CL's original tutorial post; clarified instruction # 1
Default Instructions for using Christianlov's cpackeditor with DNA fixer
These are very small screenshots. I hope it's okay to upload more than four for instructional/demonstration purposes.

I put the files for this program in My Documents > EA Games. It seems to work well for me there. As always when trying out a new tool, test it on a disposable testing neighborhood first to get the hang of it. I recently got rid of some perma-frowns and a perma-smile in my Megahood and needed to fix them, so I used those sims in my example.

1. Use your favorite method of doing plastic surgery on one or more sims in a neighborhood. Save the game. Exit the game and run the Cpackeditor.

2. Click the "Tool" button in the upper left corner of the program under the menu to display all the tools.

3. Click the "DNA Fixer" tab on the far right to select it.

4. You'll see a button on the right side of the screen with three dots. Click that and browse to your chosen neighborhood. Select the Characters folder and click the "OK" button.

5. Click the "Fix Facial Structure" button on the lower left. The tool will now scan the chosen Characters file for discrepancies and will display a progress meter. When it's finished, the tool will display a dialog box that tells you how many character files it fixed and reminds you to keep a backup for awhile. The main program window will show a list of all the sims whose DNA was fixed, showing their names and package numbers.

When I first got this, I tested it by making a pair of sims in CAS that both used the same face template. I confirmed that any children from this couple could also only have the same face template. I then placed this couple onto a lot and performed plastic surgery on them, giving them each a very different and extreme face from the other sim. I exited the game and ran the DNA fixer as above. When I re-entered the game and bred the now-fixed couple, they produced four weird children, no two of whom looked the same. I think I will upload some of these to the Facial Expressions thread in the Pictures section (Post # 621).

DISCLAIMER: I don't think Christianlov ever finished the Cpackeditor. I've seen old posts by him about functions he wanted to add to it, but never got around to doing. As far as I know, the "Custom Skintone Selector" and "DNA Fixer" work properly. I have no idea whether the other tools/function work or even what they are meant to do. (Christianlov's original DNA fixer tutorial)
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#2655 Old 5th Nov 2016 at 11:33 PM
For me i hate how glitchy the roofs are because on some sides they just go through the wall and there is just no fixing it, then i also hate when random people call our sims like i get it all the time... i think it's just the games way of helping your sims get further in their careers because they keep more and more friends as they get higher up, if you notice your sims become friends with them very quickly than other sims and it's the same for sims that pass by as well, although it's incredibly creepy for sure because they read their paper, stand on their porch and generally just poke their nose in every where lol but at least it sims my sims pets someone to stroke them and give them treats while my sims are at work or busy doing something. Even if it's a younger sim your sims still make friends with them although it still keeps on happening even after they make it to the top of their careers, just random sims but then it starts spawning sims that look exactly alike, it's quite buggy, my sim Daisy she has this dark girl that keeps calling her like... so needy... but it spawns other female girls that look just like her if not almost like her and i see them passing by the house, it's weird.
Needs Coffee
#2656 Old 5th Nov 2016 at 11:55 PM
RoxEllen, thanks I will save the link to your post here. I've never heard of this program before.

Pygsmyemm, have you run hood checker? You said in another post that your hood is very old, it could be corruption.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
#2657 Old 6th Nov 2016 at 12:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pygsmyemm
For me i hate how glitchy the roofs are because on some sides they just go through the wall and there is just no fixing it, then i also hate when random people call our sims like i get it all the time... i think it's just the games way of helping your sims get further in their careers because they keep more and more friends as they get higher up, if you notice your sims become friends with them very quickly than other sims and it's the same for sims that pass by as well, although it's incredibly creepy for sure because they read their paper, stand on their porch and generally just poke their nose in every where lol but at least it sims my sims pets someone to stroke them and give them treats while my sims are at work or busy doing something. Even if it's a younger sim your sims still make friends with them although it still keeps on happening even after they make it to the top of their careers, just random sims but then it starts spawning sims that look exactly alike, it's quite buggy, my sim Daisy she has this dark girl that keeps calling her like... so needy... but it spawns other female girls that look just like her if not almost like her and i see them passing by the house, it's weird.

Something I've noticed in my newest neighbourhood is that townie teens are constantly calling my adult Sims, which I find kind of creepy. Also, when Sims visit a restaurant and then the staff keep calling them to chat, but my Sims can't call them back -- that's just wrong! Should be the other way round, if anything.
Needs Coffee
#2658 Old 6th Nov 2016 at 12:50 AM
@BlueAlien Your sim should be able to call them back. However if you want to put a kibosh on that altogether, here: http://modthesims.info/d/415431

~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#2659 Old 6th Nov 2016 at 1:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joandsarah77
RoxEllen, thanks I will save the link to your post here. I've never heard of this program before.

The Cpackeditor is not common and the version with the working DNA fixer seems to be really rare. Christianlov must have taken it off the internet not long after he uploaded it. He made some brilliant stuff and I'm still sad that he left the community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueAlien
Also, when Sims visit a restaurant and then the staff keep calling them to chat, but my Sims can't call them back -- that's just wrong! Should be the other way round, if anything.

Are the restaurant staff NPCs? There was a bug in FreeTime that disabled the ability of your sim to call several types of NPCs. I think several modders made fixes for this. I use Paladin's "Freetime NPC Phonebook Fix" from www.simwardrobe.com. This site is in frames, so I can't link directly to the page. It's under Sims 2 > Fixes > FreeTime Fixes.
Field Researcher
#2660 Old 6th Nov 2016 at 3:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueAlien
Something I've noticed in my newest neighbourhood is that townie teens are constantly calling my adult Sims, which I find kind of creepy. Also, when Sims visit a restaurant and then the staff keep calling them to chat, but my Sims can't call them back -- that's just wrong! Should be the other way round, if anything.

Yeh i have had the one where the staff calls my sims instead, once my sim Daisy had a bartender call her, usually it means they are interested in your sim even for a hook-up or for love, i let Daisy date and "fall in love" with the bartender and all he definitely wanted is a booty call, the game is more realistic since they added the hobbies expansion, there are very creepy male sims in the game, so if you persue something with a male sim calling your female sim you will find they just mysteriously leave earlier on in the day for no reason at all, they just say goodbye and leave, my Adele Stackhouse sim is in love with this guy but i swear to you he looked like an elder until i looked closer, he is not an elder but he dresses like one.

The only reason he wants to hang around is because he fancies Sookie, what happened when i got Adele to invite him over the other day? he goes straight upstairs to Adele's room where Sookie was sleeping and sits on the chair next to the bed *shudders* omg... then when Jason was at the culinary club there was this creepy old man who kept trying to flirt and kiss the hands of 2 of the females there, mainly the chef that runs the place though and they had to keep pushing him away and cry but then he would carry on going but he doesn't know any of the girls, so you have to protect your female sims from these creepers.
Needs Coffee
#2661 Old 6th Nov 2016 at 3:31 AM
You can mod most things out that you don't like. I linked to the no relationship mod above, that includes the bartender one.

~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#2662 Old 6th Nov 2016 at 4:43 AM
I really don't trust mod hacks made by people that aren't really official companies, ever since my PC got hacked almost 2 years ago i just don't even trust keeping random images on my computer unless i'm printing them out for something but i use my USB stick for that too, with how easy it is now i just won't trust anything third-party, it might seem safe but i don't know the people that make them or what they could do with the hacks ya know? but i think a lot of the flaws make the game more interesting like the pervy guys aha as creepy as it is it's realistic to our world and that's really cool how they made it so real.
Needs Coffee
#2663 Old 6th Nov 2016 at 5:05 AM
I do hope you have in the essential mods that prevent hood and game blow up? If you think EA are to be trusted more than the modders who have kept this game going, well you would be sadly mistaken. EA have left actions in the game that can destroy your hoods. It's the modding community that have discovered what these are and have made many fixes. Your computer being hacked has nothing to do with the sim 2 modding community, not even slightly related. People who make mods are not computer hackers. Anyone from your neighbour to the guy working at your local store could be a hacker. In general if a mod doesn't work as expected it's as easy as removing it from your download folder. Use the EA made trash can to delete sims with and you have instantly shredded game data which is now free to float around and attach itself in all kinds of odd places causing strange glitches to eventually the entire hood disappearing. You are effectively eyeing the well dressed mugger and calling them safe while running away from the doctor with the scalpel.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#2664 Old 6th Nov 2016 at 6:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxEllen1965
Are the restaurant staff NPCs? There was a bug in FreeTime that disabled the ability of your sim to call several types of NPCs. I think several modders made fixes for this. I use Paladin's "Freetime NPC Phonebook Fix" from www.simwardrobe.com. This site is in frames, so I can't link directly to the page. It's under Sims 2 > Fixes > FreeTime Fixes.

Is that still broken in Apartment Life or was it fixed?
Needs Coffee
#2665 Old 6th Nov 2016 at 6:23 AM
I don't recall those NPC (waiters) ever being broken, but I've had the phone fix for so long I could have forgotten.

~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#2666 Old 6th Nov 2016 at 5:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charity
Is that still broken in Apartment Life or was it fixed?

I could be wrong, but as far as I know, Maxis never fixed it.
Field Researcher
#2667 Old 7th Nov 2016 at 7:48 PM
I so very much wish there was an undo button and a delete hammer in neighbourhood view!! How much easier life would be, not having to pick up that forest of trees one by one to delete them...
Be like the 22nd elephant with heated value in space- Bark!
staff: retired moderator
#2668 Old 7th Nov 2016 at 8:32 PM
There is an undo (and redo) button- it's shown on this image beneath the eyedropper symbol. Not sure if it was like that from basegame, or whether that was added with later EPs.
Scholar
#2669 Old 7th Nov 2016 at 9:53 PM
It really pisses me off how leaves lower Envornment score even when they're freshly fallen. I take offense to that!

I'm trying way too hard sometimes, how are you?
Alchemist
#2670 Old 7th Nov 2016 at 11:21 PM
That moment when you're sure you installed that one set of cc, and you can't find it. So you exit the game and look in your downloads folder, and it's definitely not there. And then you go look in the folder you download cc to, before you extract it, and it's not there. And then you go log onto MTS and redownload it, wondering how the heck you managed to not only not have it installed but not even have it waiting in your folder to be installed! (tbudgett's Craftsman window set. I swear, I use it all the time. Especially in Veronaville. How did it not be anywhere? And I know I installed ALL Moune's Torrox stuff yesterday, so where did the windows go? How did I lose all the windows? How can anyone live in Strangetown without Torrox, I ask you?)

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Theorist
#2671 Old 7th Nov 2016 at 11:46 PM
Every lot what I play is trying to collect in all playables from hood.

My sim invited over her boyfriend to have some privacy time. Well, in middle of make out there is coming in his roommate, totally stranger for her, and starting playing chess.
My sim was like "WTF, do you have a babysitter?"
Lab Assistant
#2672 Old 8th Nov 2016 at 8:09 AM
What drives me crazy in the sims 2 is the parents being obsessed with holding the baby! >
Alchemist
#2673 Old 8th Nov 2016 at 1:39 PM
There are a few hacks which stop sims from bothering babies so much. Pescado has one, and Twojeffs.

Livejournal: simsfreq.livejournal.com
Tumblr: simsfreq.tumblr.com

Co sleeper for babies/toddlers, and teen career overhaul (also custom schools) Plus! TS2:UNI careers enabled for teens: Here at simbology
Field Researcher
#2674 Old 8th Nov 2016 at 8:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simsample
There is an undo (and redo) button- it's shown on this image beneath the eyedropper symbol. Not sure if it was like that from basegame, or whether that was added with later EPs.
[snip]

Ooh now I feel silly because I knew about that button! I should've been clearer, I wish there was an undo button that you could use to undo changes to the actual terrain. I can't tell you how many times I've placed a house down only to mess up the terrain with no easy way to fix it. An undo button for the lot bin section would be very nice!
Field Researcher
#2675 Old 8th Nov 2016 at 11:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alljoj
It really pisses me off how leaves lower Envornment score even when they're freshly fallen. I take offense to that!

I hate that too but the worst is the sprinklers which CONSTANTLY break but i have to put them in because the gardner doesn't come enough like one min he/she disappears and doesn't come for like a few sim days and they don't come all winter even when the plants need to be kept hydrated through out winter or they die but there is always a few of them that break every sim day and then just like 3 or 4 broken ones takes away all of the environment and my sims start complaining when they go to 1 side of the porch.
Page 107 of 161