Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#626 Old 14th Nov 2016 at 12:50 AM
Hey everybody~ unfortunately I won't be able to continue since RL is demanding my full attention right now. I'll be withdrawing from here on out! It's been fun and I wish everyone the best <3 keep on improving!
Advertisement
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#627 Old 14th Nov 2016 at 1:37 AM
PanAm, the walls you removed are fine because you replaced them with support columns. Adding floor tiles is NOT allowed, and since you can't add new plumbing either, those upstairs bathrooms are extra not allowed. I do like your thinking with the dock door though.

JustPetro, you may do a non-functional rink as long as you include treeag's Box of Skates. That being said, skate rinks need to be big, otherwise you are always doing turns! This is why the owners picked a big empty warehouse. There is no requirement to be able to walk all the way around a rink though, so that might help you pick up some space.

kanzen, sorry to hear that! If you find yourself with time again, you are always welcome back.
Mad Poster
#628 Old 14th Nov 2016 at 5:38 AM Last edited by Justpetro : 14th Nov 2016 at 2:51 PM. Reason: Add something
Let me go and find out wat treeag's Box of Skates is then

Farewell party for @kanzen We will miss you!!!
Screenshots
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#629 Old 15th Nov 2016 at 10:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
What I have learned recently, is that my curtains block almost NO morning light. Also, after going two weeks on barely any and fitful at best sleep, you do sorta start to go insane. Amazon is bringing me blackout curtains tomorrow. Third shift itself is rough, but the job is actually easy and fun and I like it.

Hey, new judges, waiting on your scores for the Church renos. Any setbacks I need to know about?

Warehouse reno people, is anyone wanting to demo walls? Most of you kept your walls in the churches, so I'm wondering how needed the diagrams are.

Yes. I wanted to demo the wall on the storage room on the far left, and use columns for support. I need to open it up for bowling lanes or for a larger skate rink.

My real problem is my game does not like something in the demo CC I installed. It crashes every time I try to load Sims 2. I have to reload my backup game, copy over the CC but then the lot has blue flashing columns and windows. I had lost my other neighborhoods but I got those back...... but the blue flashes are annoying. I'll have to rebuild that lot I think... *sigh* I didn't get anything done with what time I had last weekend except rebuild the game... *very annoying*...

Oh! P.S. Where are the food stands located? (Or, are those Sims 3?)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#630 Old 15th Nov 2016 at 10:30 PM
@porkypine Food stands are in sims 2. I think under community> food or miscellaneous.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#631 Old 15th Nov 2016 at 10:34 PM
Ok, I changed a few things. It's still rough, but the Icy Centre for Family Fun (anyone suggest a better name xD?) is starting to look like what I wanted. I included two pictures of the front entrance because I wasn't sure if, due to the restaurant upstairs, it looked better with the back of the stove being seen from the window or with the window covered with an "advertisement". Could I have some feedback?
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#632 Old 15th Nov 2016 at 10:35 PM
They are under community>Food>stoves! Searched for them just now I am almost done, and need to check if I have everything. This was hard! But still a lot of fun
retired moderator
Original Poster
#633 Old 16th Nov 2016 at 12:26 AM
Porky, yes, you may swap those walls for columns.

Pan, I like the advertisement covering the window above the door, but it makes it seem like it is the main front door. Since you have another door closer to the parking lot, I would have assumed that should be your main door. Having the stove block the window and not putting the picture over it looks fine too.

Curtains are doing their job, I'm slowly starting to get acclimated to this schedule.
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#634 Old 16th Nov 2016 at 1:58 AM
Well, the game has stopped crashing as of now but all the cc was flashing blue. I'll have to rebuild it. (Windows and external support buttresses.) At least the shell is intact.
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#635 Old 16th Nov 2016 at 2:33 AM Last edited by porkypine : 16th Nov 2016 at 4:10 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
They are under community>Food>stoves! Searched for them just now

??? I don't have community>Food>Stoves... I don't have a search function... Can someone upload some pictures of the things I need to click on? (Sorry for being a dummy)

... It could be that one of the CC items used the same GUIDs as the stove. :/

I think I found the/a problem? The lot is community and has the telephone but it acts like a residential lot for the build/buy. I looked at other lots and I can find the foodstands but the factory lot doesn't have the community options. I'll have to kick it a few time... (It just takes forever for the game to load)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#636 Old 16th Nov 2016 at 3:30 AM
You just click on build and buy mode, and scroll through, there is no search function. Is your lot zoned community?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#637 Old 16th Nov 2016 at 11:08 PM Last edited by porkypine : 17th Nov 2016 at 12:34 AM.
I fixed it, Yes. I created it as a community lot. It even had the sidewalk phone booth but it was flaky. I managed to get it to load without crashing and did a zone change and told it was a community lot, saved, exited and got back in. It seems to be working now. I just have to put all the cc windows and buttresses back in.

p.s. I can see the food booths now. :D

Now I'm gonna bust it by putting in a roller coaster.

*grumble...* I can't use CFE on the foundation... *grrr* Hmmm... Gets out hammer... pounds the base..... (Gonna make that dagnabbit roller coaster have ups and downs! dagnabbit!)

Sheesh! No wonder it wasn't working! I copied the wrong cheat! I pasted
boolProp snapObjectsToGrid false instead of boolProp constrainFloorElevation false .

(Needs glasses or a new brain..)

WeeeeEeeeeEEEeee Roller Coaster!

Screenshots
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#638 Old 16th Nov 2016 at 11:41 PM
Lol, good luck with that!

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#639 Old 17th Nov 2016 at 5:59 PM
Question: Am I correct with the total of 12 screenshots for the reno? Just want to make sure
retired moderator
Original Poster
#640 Old 17th Nov 2016 at 9:59 PM
Yes. 12, but if you really need 13, you aren't going to get docked. It's just in there to help keep entries from getting crazy.

Hey Judges @Charmful @joandsarah77 @AndrewGloria @caitawesome, let's start judging the Victorian houses. Your spreadsheets should be updated to include the entries. I have entries for Cat, Campy, Petro, Porky, and PanAm. Am I missing anyone?
Mad Poster
#641 Old 17th Nov 2016 at 11:30 PM
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#642 Old 18th Nov 2016 at 12:23 AM
I'm cleaning up for my daughters birthday party tomorrow so it will be a couple of days before I start judging.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#643 Old 18th Nov 2016 at 10:08 AM Last edited by Justpetro : 18th Nov 2016 at 10:28 AM.
Default Entry - New Family Fun Center
Changes made:
Removed some arches to have a passage separate from the roller skating rink.
Remove some doors and placed some arches to change the former room next to the loading zone into part of the passage, and added a wall to make the manager's office there.
Knocked down the garage door and made a pool in the lower area.
Enlarged the parking area.
Added some fencing and gates, leaving only the main entrance open from the street.
I honestly don't think I knocked down any walls.

Activities for Visitors:
A BBQ area on the roof of the parking lot, for no proper family fun center can be without one (at least, not where I live).
A Rock Climbing Wall (deco)
A Roller skating rink (with the required cc to rent skates from)
A Swimming pool
A Basketball court
A Playground
A Small clothing shop for buying swimwear if you have forgotten yours
A Small shop where you can buy meat and other food for your BBQ
A Food Stand
Pinball machines
For the less active, also find:
A TV room
A reading room
An Arts&Craft Studio (book your course now)
And there is a nursery for the young ones.
Two bathrooms.
Snack machines and a cell phone kiosk.
Also in the center:
A manager's office
A Reception/Admission room at the entrance
A Kitchen/break room for the staff
A Staff toilet with shower (if it is very busy, ask a staff member for the keys)

and plenty of seating in the garden for those of you who want to chat.
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#644 Old 18th Nov 2016 at 8:27 PM Last edited by porkypine : 18th Nov 2016 at 9:05 PM.
Good grief! I didn't have my contest shortcut link and BOY! Did I EVER have a time trying to find the contest area! No wonder people don't see the contests unless we advertise it on the front page!

Wow! Justpedro, you did a fantastic job on your fun factory reno!

I better get busy. I have been busy this week and mostly had trouble with my game until a couple old days ago. I'll see if I can catch up this weekend and finish my fun lot. (Roller Coaster CFE takes a Looooooonnnggg time to set up. I have it mostly taking up the second floor perimeter. Like in Vegas, the roller coaster is inside and outside the building.) Once I'm done with the roller coaster, I have to rebuild the windows and buttresses like the original (They got blue-sproinged on the crash problem the lot had) and then 'fun' the rest of the place up.

It is much easier to put in a roller coaster BEFORE you build the lot. I just hope the slope isn't too great. Echo's roller coaster can only handle 5 clicks elevation differences.

I plan on stuffing in a skate rink, a bumper car section, maybe a couple of bowling lanes, food, arcade area and other fun things. I have 3 levels to play with.

Come on guys! Let's see what you guys can do with Echo's carnival set! http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=213108
Carousel - http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=243078
Pinata - http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=164455
Jumping Castle - http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=55890

Phae made some stuff
sidewalk chalk overlays - http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=362815
Tire swing - http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=268218
Wooden playground set - http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=412635

Michelle - roller rink recolors - http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=576623

There are so many fun things out there.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#645 Old 18th Nov 2016 at 10:28 PM
I make a point to purposely check the contest area for new posts and this one isn't too bad since it shows up when the sims 2 section is open. Try joint contests they don't show up at all. Last last time I was in a contest in that area I had to bookmark and check my subscribed threads. I wish there was a way to make them more visible like a sticky on the relevant boards. So many people don't realize contests are on.

@porkypine
Please be mindful that Echo's carnival set adds NPC's to your game. Do not install those unless you plan to keep those NPC files. Pulling them causes instant corruption.

~Call me Jo~
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#646 Old 19th Nov 2016 at 1:24 AM Last edited by porkypine : 19th Nov 2016 at 2:44 AM.
Thank you, but I am not sharing the lot. The NPC is on the clown podium. I don't think there are any others.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#647 Old 19th Nov 2016 at 1:48 AM
Nothing to do with sharing the lot, just so you know adding the clown to your game is adding an NPC sim who must never be removed. The roller coaster has an NPC as does the bumper cars. The bumper cars have been re meshed and improved by Leefish. Nothing wrong with adding NPC sims just so long as you know not to ever remove them. They are also in every hood that you load up, the objects do not have to be placed. The NPC files can also be put into the character folder of each hood as another means to not accidentally remove them.

~Call me Jo~
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#648 Old 19th Nov 2016 at 2:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Nothing to do with sharing the lot, just so you know adding the clown to your game is adding an NPC sim who must never be removed. The roller coaster has an NPC as does the bumper cars. The bumper cars have been re meshed and improved by Leefish. Nothing wrong with adding NPC sims just so long as you know not to ever remove them. They are also in every hood that you load up, the objects do not have to be placed. The NPC files can also be put into the character folder of each hood as another means to not accidentally remove them.

Interesting, I didn't know that the roller coaster and bumper cars were NPCs. I wonder why that is because there is no character on those parts.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#649 Old 19th Nov 2016 at 2:53 AM
Most CC items that move around the lot are controlled by movable NPC's. That includes Bek's trycicle and the surfing mod on here. If you check the files they are sometimes called 'controller' instead of NPC, but an NPC is what they are.

~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#650 Old 20th Nov 2016 at 10:08 PM
Default Entry - Family Fun Centre
Here's my entry for the Renovation Round of the warehouse. I wasn't home during most of the weekend, so I ended up finishing it late Sunday.

Welcome to the Snow White Family Centre (do you have a better name you might want to suggest?)! We feature an ice skating rink, an arcade, a restaurant and plenty of fun for the whole family! It's quite chilly here, so don't forget your coat!

I think I have everything required; if not, I probably won't have time to change my entry. My parking lot has 8 spaces (it's exactly like the original). One problem I had while building: I kept the original service entrance as the new one, so I had to build some fencing. Like Phae pointed out, it's closer to the parking lot, but the front door always seemed more logical (because of the skate rental and reception and such).
Screenshots

Page 26 of 37