Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#1551 Old 12th Mar 2017 at 10:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
That might not seem like a big deal, but my OCD requires I furnish one room at a time, one day at a time, at precisely midnight. So...my sims sometimes suffer by living on the lawn or without necessities for many days.

That's not tooo bad. The last few times I've felt the urge to decorate, one of my sims was reading the news on the throne. So what I did was, being the impatient plumbbob that I am, to turn moveobjects on, and grabbed sim + potty and shoved them in the backyard while I redecorated. In the dead of winter. At night.

Happened to Hal Capp, *twice* (he just looked baffled), and to Consort Capp (Juliette was unimpressed).

So, uh, I bought them a new crapper afterwards. I suppose that makes it all right!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#1552 Old 13th Mar 2017 at 12:24 AM
I do that, too. If a sim in interacting with an object, I move it outside, so they don't bother me while I redecorate. Sometimes I delete it afterwards, sometimes they just learn to do whatever it is outside.

So, as my OCD counting would have it, the whole family was purged, except for Unity's newborn baby (just because you can't kill infants), and the Sapphire's middle child, Second Samuel. Someone had to be there to grow the baby up.

Next up, the Clovenhoofs.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Field Researcher
#1553 Old 13th Mar 2017 at 1:16 AM Last edited by srtv : 15th Feb 2018 at 8:36 PM.
I always thought that the Sharpe Household was a boring one, the storyline of the nerdy brother and the cool boyfriend was too simple for me, and poor Edwin, he was such a victim of his sister and her bf. So when create my NB, I forget to not include this house, when I realize about then, it was too late. So when I learned to make surgery to the Sims, they were the perfect family to practice. So after some time, they were changed to Harry, Hailey and his bf Colin…, Hailey is super happy of being in the University with her brother and bf, but the relationship between them is problematic, so she talked with her brother Harry to settle down all the problem, because if not, Harry maybe needs to go. Harry was shocked with this, but tried to fix the relation with Colin. Colin is a very arrogant guy, and the issue with Harry is more personal that Hailey thinks, but when Hailey found a job, Harry and Colin started to pass time together, eventually they fix their relationship, but they found out that sometimes you can pass from the hate to the love…

(Step 1: Sent your brother to fix the problems with your bf)

Weeks later...

(Step 2: Slap your brother and try to kill him, because the result was too much)

I let to your imagination what Hailey saw one day when she returns to the house, but the fights that came after that were great, after some days, and by the advice of some friends, Hailey pledge to the Tri-Var Sorority, and she was accepted. Right now, she holds a lot of grudge against her brother and her former bf Colin, in the meanwhile Colin and Harry are living a great life, but the money is less everyday, so maybe is time to one of them to search for a job… they don’t know that Hailey is plotting a great surprise for both of them.
Scholar
#1554 Old 13th Mar 2017 at 4:45 AM
At Tank Grunt's Temporary Home, matters were getting ridiculous. Blossom fell asleep on the pavement in front of several visitors, who were rightfully suspicious. When Tank got back from work, he hurriedly hustled Blossom behind the toilet block.

"I found us a place we can afford, at least for a start," he said. "Not much -- unfurnished efficiency, really -- but look, it's not far from here, and Michelle Tse got me a good rate. Grab stuff fast, and let's get out."

"What's the rush?" Blossom asked, looking around the corner at where Klara was reading War of Love on a bench.

"We're not taking her," Tank said, as if reading Blossom's mind. "She's perfectly self-sufficient here. You can come by and make sure she's all right...if you like...but, Mrs Grunt, I think it's high time we make a home for ourselves. And just ourselves. We never even asked her to show up..."

Blossom felt slightly guilty about leaving Klara...but only slightly. While she had no intention of admitting it to Tank quite yet, she'd like to have a baby herself. That meant finding a more stable manner of living, and being burdened by their still-somewhat-disagreeable dorm-mate and her own impending offspring was not part of that.

Klara smiled smugly as she closed the book after the Grunts had left. Of course she knew they were bolting on her. She didn't mind -- this would give her a chance to better herself -- but it would always be advantageous to have them think they'd wronged her. The same went for others... She called Cyd Roseland, kissed him in front of some townies when he arrived, played with Porthos, and convinced Cyd that he had some responsibility for her. The evening she spent filling the little lot with people for one last party, which included having Buzz Grunt over and telling him that his son had gone off and left without her. Feeling he couldn't leave a pregnant woman homeless, Buzz somewhat grudgingly said she could come stay in Strangetown with him, which Klara had no intention of doing -- however, this statement caused Cyd to make a grand gesture and invite her to share the comparative luxury of the warden's apartment at the prison she had been quite recently released from. This was the sort of thing Klara had been looking for!

~

To be objective, SimCity Prison could use Klara's presence. Being Saturday, it was a day Leod McGreggor was on duty...on duty in the facility now confining his wife's attacker. Frances Worthington was raising a stink about how ruinous imprisonment would be to his future -- so he'd gotten in a fight and forgotten about going to court -- so what?

"Please stay quiet and let me do my job," Cyd advised. "Here, you can have a chess table in your cell. No, you can't go to the rec room. I'm sorry, but this is for your own safety." He returned to the corridor, trying to avoid looking into the adjoining cell where Leod was currently looming menacingly over Gilbert Jacquet Delarosa. Cyd called Leod out to help him with paperwork. Leod did so reluctantly, while Gilbert ostentatiously went back to writing in his newly-started diary. Cyd wondered what exactly would happen if a guard should happen to kill an inmate. It would probably be him getting blamed...well, he couldn't blame Leod for being furious, but he really wished he could spare him enough to send him home.

When Cyd invited Klara over as dusk neared, Leod was waiting his chance. He went off to feed the prisoners as Cyd and Porthos went to greet Klara -- or rather, feed one prisoner. Rather than being fed, Gilbert got loomed over again. Gilbert's nervous attempts to placate Leod by showing him the bad renditions of bows he'd seen did nothing for him; he was slapped and poked, shouted at and insulted, and as Jane Stacks approached on her first shift, was locked in his cell with no dinner. Leod told Jane he'd already seen to the feeding, so she could do some cleaning.

As soon as she arrived, Klara's reaction was to point out that there were rats in the prison yard. Porthos took care of that problem swiftly enough, leaving Jane to dispose of the now-dead rats. Klara went to stomp on bugs. It turned six PM, and Cyd asked Klara to move in. Of course she agreed, and after kissing Cyd, showed herself a productive force for order; she sent him to bed because he was exhausted, bathed Porthos, cleaned up the resulting mess, filled the dog bowls scattered around the prison, and cheerily cleaned Cyd's apartment. It was a fair trade for him putting three sunlamps in the place, after all! She also got in some jogging on his treadmill under one of the lamps. It might not actually be so bad an idea to have a family in the prison...except that the authorities will not approve, and Cyd's about to be in big trouble anyway. That night, as a highly-neglected Gilbert tossed in his cell, Leod went off duty with intent to see just why Cyd was shacking up with a former inmate, and both Grand Vampires stalked the sidewalk...looking for Gilbert? Who knows?
Mad Poster
#1555 Old 13th Mar 2017 at 5:43 AM
Johnny Cullen, the only gay sim in my Four Corners/Bitville, is having trouble finding love. There are plenty of bi guys, so it's not like he's the only guy who's interested in guys, but the only single one he's met so far that he has any chemistry with is Don Calimari. They have 2LB, which is decent but not ideal. Anyway, Johnny was chatting with Don online at 1am and Don asked to come over. Gotta admit, Johnny was a bit excited at his prospect and immediately agreed. Don arrived, and Johnny ran out to greet him. Given the late hour, he invited Don to stay the night so he wouldn't run off immediately. I had Johnny check Don out, hoping for some decent wants. But no. Johnny simply re-rolled a fear of being rejected to playing with Don. I told Johnny that at this point it's his fault if he dies alone and sent him to bed. Don spent the night searching the web for cuisine on Johnny's computer. They did play a quick game of red hands before Johnny had to run off to work in the morning. :p
Scholar
#1556 Old 13th Mar 2017 at 5:45 AM
Sheffield was a thoroughly spooky place tonight. The Crittur puppies aged up, but although they were supposed to be brown and white, they were completely black, eyeless shadow-dogs roaming around the house. Michael put a collar on the one he wanted to keep (Pluto), which turned the dog normal, and the other two appeared normal once they got outside on their way to the adoption centre, so I hope they're going to look normal in the shelter!

Then Dora Ottomas decided she'd had enough of resting in peace and spent the entire night scaring her grandchildren. Poor little Sally got the worst of it: she came close to having the Social Worker called because she got so hungry, she wet herself at least once, and Dora scared her again just as she was trying to get into the bath after wetting herself. She was just about falling over with exhaustion when daylight finally came, so it's a good thing it wasn't a school night. The twins eventually went out the front to play catch, and Dora didn't bother them out there. Despite all this commotion, Samantha managed to get pregnant again.
Top Secret Researcher
#1558 Old 13th Mar 2017 at 6:10 AM
[QUOTE=smorbie1]I do that, too. If a sim in interacting with an object, I move it outside, so they don't bother me while I redecorate. Sometimes I delete it afterwards, sometimes they just learn to do whatever it is outside.

So, as my OCD counting would have it, the whole family was purged, except for Unity's newborn baby (just because you can't kill infants)...

You can with the OMGWTFBBQ...... (evil laugh)
Mad Poster
#1559 Old 13th Mar 2017 at 2:41 PM
I know, and I have it, but my OCD means I can't use it, unless it is added to the family stuff by my counting.

OCD is hard.

Also, Pescado said that everytime someone used it, a pixel kitten would die. Now I know he can't do that; I really do. But I'm kind of afraid he really can, and I can't stand the thought of kittens dying.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Instructor
#1560 Old 13th Mar 2017 at 9:17 PM
I played the apartment complex where the Montt family lives after Julia moved out of there to get married, and I don't know why, but everyone started fighting with everyone. The worst offender? Jane Stacks, who insulted everyone who tried to socialize with her and started making weird faces just because. Looks like she still can't get over the fact that Castor Nova got engaged to another girl, and it doesn't help that she has to raise three small kids, pay the rent, the bills and buy food with barely any money to spare (last time I checked, she only had around 500 simoleons). You got yourself into that mess, and attacking the Montts (Castor is living there with his fiancée) is not going to change anything.
Scholar
#1561 Old 13th Mar 2017 at 10:16 PM
Well, well, well, I'm finally going onto the next stage of my challenge, as Arvian Zadra-Atkins became a teen

This was not a very exciting rotation though. Pretty much the expected.
Cyril keeps dating Crystal, Richard got engaged to Pdri (and they are likely to get married in the next rotation), Cynthia and Derrick got jobs, etc. etc.
Oh, Vaklin Gorge and Carol Jobs are in very unfriendly terms now... but I have no idea why. (That's what happens when I play apartments: I don't keep an eye on what the neighbours do, until I hear slapping or fighting or love chimes.)

Of course Steve Palmer & co being the exception to all the dullness.
He finally got married to Vilkaa Gorge, a female alien who was his exwife Chloe's roommate. (Considering his lifestyle this marriage is also doomed from the beginning.)
In the meantime Chloe decided to flirt with Ricky Mace, who happens to be Steve's roommate. Such a tangle!
Mad Poster
#1563 Old 14th Mar 2017 at 3:20 PM
When the Purge committee knocked on the Clovenhoof door, they heard children playing upstairs. The sanctioned babies were accounted for, but someone was upstairs. They unblocked the stairwell, and discovered the teens hidden away. The entire family was purged. Tiffany, the dog, was confiscated. The only survivor is Violet Clovenhoof, newly grown to toddler. She is the Placeholder, Keeper of the Genes.

I felt sorry for the family because when Tiffany was leaving to go back to the adoption center, Jeremy cried.;( . Of course he died right after that, so...

Inventor
#1564 Old 14th Mar 2017 at 4:23 PM
Unseen University has arranged to share its campus with the teaching houses of the Guilds. So there is a dorm for Assassins, another for Alchemists, a third for Seamstresses, and of course a fourth for Wizards.

The wizards swoop in and out of the community lots on broomsticks. The Assassins are filling up the college graveyard with their practice, mostly by throwing axes. No passing professor is safe. The Seamstresses are training for the oldest profession, and making friends fast. Today I have been overseeing work for the Alchemists. In their workroom there is a robot station, a toy-making bench, and a flower-arranging bench. Tosha Go won her place in this traditionally masculine university by arriving with a gold badge for flower arranging. She has put a snapdragon bouquet in every room in the dorm, and pink pollen puffs over students, though I can't see that it gives them much advantage. The alchemists' workroom is a hive of activity, with hammers pounding all day long.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#1566 Old 15th Mar 2017 at 12:43 AM
Setting up a medieval fair since now there is even more items. The dog course, the medieval munchies and the medieval stalls from PBK.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#1567 Old 15th Mar 2017 at 2:07 AM
Nothing, because I spent the whole day downloading new hair/clothes and didn't actually play!
Mad Poster
#1568 Old 15th Mar 2017 at 11:03 AM
Reshifting people in and out of houses, one baby born, not so much drama, yet.

Birth rate is still low, despite the pixels' efforts.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#1569 Old 15th Mar 2017 at 7:48 PM
The Grunts went to Three Lakes for three days. My head cannon is that this is where their family originally came from. While Ripp and Buzz didn't fish together quite enough to get positive STR/LTR, Tank and Ripp did. Good kids! I also enjoy watching them slap dance, so they have to learn that skill.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Lab Assistant
#1570 Old 15th Mar 2017 at 9:17 PM
I posted this on a few Sims Facebook groups (I am so addicted to those) but have been checking with this thread for awhile and figured I would contribute!

Wow I really missed Sims 2 I took a hiatus from actually playing it to make stories and movies, but I decided to give it a shot at the build a city challenge with my sim Hana Honeycutt. She founded the city of Sugarton (where she is the only inhabitant, save for a few homeless wandering townies). Well her husband Toby brought in no money when they married and I wanted to hurry with the babies so I could prosper quickly in the challenge well lo and behold, they had a pair of twins!! Thankfully miss Hana was quickly advancing her creativity skill and selling paintings and writing novels was barely keeping us afloat.

Well the twins Noah and Chloe aged up and Hana rolled the want to have another child. We were more financially stable now so why not? Well we have ANOTHER set of twins! Dx 2 girls this time- Kairi and Ashley. I had just earned a Business job opening for hubby since he maxed out his Charisma skill but now he might have to quit his job and pursue it later, to help care for his family...

But!! Now Hana's rolled a want to have ANOTHER CHILD Dx And I know she'll have at least twins (I gave her the Fertility reward since she has the family aspiration) so I'm like nah lol lady you're done. At least for now because you and hubby do make cute kids, but how about let's take a break from the babymaking (and more importantly, taking care of them?? I had to replace the cribs with pet beds so they could put themselves to sleep, it was so bad).

Noah as a child for his first day of school:

And Kairi learning how to walk:

I gotta admit this family's growing on me. I even considered making a simblr to document their progress
Mad Poster
#1571 Old 16th Mar 2017 at 3:11 AM
Playing Bianca Monty. On her first day, she headed out to get a haircut. There was a slight problem, though.

Finally she managed to fix it up herself. She talked to my self-Sim for a while, and then went to Stratford Strip to get some more clothes. She met Naomi Hunt from Bitville. The two got along, and Bianca invited her over for lunch. They arrived in time for the welcome wagon: Florence Delarosa, Stephen Tinker, and Checo Ramirez. Fortunately, Bianca had extra servings. She and Checo Ramirez talked for two seconds and then she had her first kiss with him before continuing to ignore him. Naomi kept heartfarting at Stephen Tinker, who was too busy joking with everyone to notice. Bianca, who is somewhat ashamed of her lycanthorpy, shooed everyone out before she transformed.

One thing she's wanted to do since she moved out of the Monty Ranch is get a cat-- Isabella is allergic to them. She adopted a tiny kitten, naming him Cassio.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Scholar
#1572 Old 16th Mar 2017 at 3:46 AM
Sheffield, where it's permanently 1981

Denise Jacquet was chased by bees and ran around the garden waving her arms in the air and screaming, “Please! Please! I am from Narnia! I am from Naarrniaaa!” Quite why the question of Narnian citizenship should be of interest to bees has yet to be determined.

Tessa Ramirez is now a teenager, and Checo, free of family responsibilities, has landed a job on his dream career track (Business). Lisa has still had no luck transferring to Medical, but is now a Flight Officer and just needs one more promotion to qualify for a detached house on the Base.

Jason Larson was made redundant from his construction job and is now unemployed. He wasn’t too surprised, or even too sorry, for that matter; he’d previously been demoted for daring to do a job properly instead of cutting corners to save his boss money, so he’d pretty much lost interest anyway. Jodie, who is also unemployed, has just married Phineaus Furley, but this doesn't seem to stop her feeling the need to phone her brother at least twice a day and pop round to see him for several hours in between.

Edwin and Vanessa Sharpe are pleased to announce the arrival of their first child, Jeanette. Well, Vanessa is pleased, anyway. Edwin is not quite sure how any of this happened, as he had no intention of even getting involved, much less married and with a family.

Ginny Newson obtained her degree in biology, bought herself a little house in the suburbs, married Kennedy Cox and received two job offers - pretty impressive considering the high rate of unemployment in Sheffield! After careful consideration, she chose the lower-paying job: washing dishes may not be glamorous, but it could lead to fun things in the future, while politics just seemed too stuffy for her taste.

Jane Stacks graduated and is living in an Audrey Manor apartment, waiting for Martin Ruben to join her. She didn’t manage to find a job, but she and Martin will have enough money between them to buy a house (he got a fifth of the proceeds of deconstructing the Frat House his brother was in, as I figured the brothers should be roughly equal in wealth), so at least they won’t be wasting any more money on rent.
Mad Poster
#1573 Old 17th Mar 2017 at 1:48 AM
Bianca invited over a few of her friends for lunch and dinner. Later on, after night fell, she invited over Kent Capp. In the early morning, long after everyone had left, they WooHooed twice. On the second time, there were chimes.

When Bianca came home from work later, she had some cramps and knew what that meant. She went on a crazy spree, spending most of her money renovating her house and putting in a nursery, before collapsing for a nap.

When she woke up, she rolled a want to make friends with that college student she'd chatted with on an online forum, Francis J. Worthington. She invited him over for dinner and polite conversation, but shooed him out before she could transform into a werewolf.

She spent the rest of the night alternately eating meals (she doesn't want to risk losing her baby to her lycanthorpic hunger), studying parenting, and increasing skill points to get a promotion at her job.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Alchemist
#1574 Old 17th Mar 2017 at 8:55 AM
As I love the dirtier side of The Sims I decided to download my favorite lot (the trailer trash lot here @Â*MTS), I created a sloppy sim and for the first time since I started playing The Sims in 2005 I gave my sim no job: instead he was going to make money in other ways. Being a romance sim, the main income was to fall in love with sims, WooHoo them and then kill them off for money; still he had trouble to pay bills and afford groceries. I built a second trailer that was just as shabby as the first one which became a small bakery since his big talent became cooking. After the first day of the bakery in which everything sold out and the cashier left happy I hadn't paid attention to how hungry he was, but I was sure I had at least 2 hours to fix it. That until he passed out of the Strangetown summer heat. And as he had been passed out for some time, he woke up out of hunger and died.

I love it when my sims die unexpectedly, I'm just the kind of guy that like surprises and twists
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#1575 Old 18th Mar 2017 at 10:17 AM
I nearly finished tweaking my medieval fair and was playing One-Eye my wizard so I took him there for some fum.

I installed an NPC mime. Myself and One-Eye thought his outfit was pretty darn funny.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Page 63 of 351