Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4101 Old 28th Aug 2017 at 12:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by StrangeTownChick
Are splines a real thing, and if so, how does one reticulate them?

Yes, they are - I looked that up. It actually has several meanings but comes from mathematics. Apparently, Will Wright was making some obscure nerdy programming joke with it though.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#4102 Old 28th Aug 2017 at 12:31 AM
I have more downloaded houses than I have Sims to fill them.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Forum Resident
#4103 Old 28th Aug 2017 at 2:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Did you realized this before you saved..or after? Tis the question...
Unfortunately, it was after. That's the way these situations work. I may have caused an oops with my Sedona neighborhood.

For my physical health, I can't eat cheesecake everyday.
For my mental health, I imagine eating cheesecake everyday.
It's a delicate balance.
Mad Poster
#4104 Old 28th Aug 2017 at 2:38 AM
Oh..this is sad indeed..

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Forum Resident
#4105 Old 28th Aug 2017 at 2:47 AM
Oh..this is sad indeed..
Tell me about it. I do have a backup for the neighborhood (but of course!). Still, I'll be a little sad about this current version of my hood. If everything reaches a bad point, one of my aliens is going to invent a time travel device and journey back to the early days of Sedona!

For my physical health, I can't eat cheesecake everyday.
For my mental health, I imagine eating cheesecake everyday.
It's a delicate balance.
Mad Poster
#4106 Old 28th Aug 2017 at 2:51 AM
backups are great...but sometimes they are older than we would want them to be! Which reminds me....
*goes to make a copy and back it up*

Mad Poster
#4107 Old 28th Aug 2017 at 3:22 AM
I always backup when I'm done with a rotation.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Forum Resident
#4108 Old 28th Aug 2017 at 5:38 AM
I really hate it when I exit my game to go looking for something I want to add to the downloads folder -- and then I forget what I was searching for. But as soon as I start the game back up, I am reminded what I needed. And then what do I do? I exit the game, get distracted and, once again, forget what I should have been looking for.

So many things to learn; so few brain cells to process the info needed to learn things!
Shipwreck Island
Mad Poster
#4109 Old 28th Aug 2017 at 5:42 AM
I've done the exact same thing. Also frustrating is when you realize halfway through the loading screen that you forgot to install that neat new sofa or object you just downloaded, and you have to end the process.

Mad Poster
#4110 Old 28th Aug 2017 at 6:15 AM
This is why there's notepads.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4111 Old 28th Aug 2017 at 12:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
I have more downloaded houses than I have Sims to fill them.

Necessary if you are building a neighbourhood with a particular character (or even no character). Don't feel guilty about that one.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Mad Poster
#4112 Old 28th Aug 2017 at 1:56 PM
Plus the townies do have to live somewhere.

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4113 Old 28th Aug 2017 at 3:01 PM
Exactly

Mad Poster
#4114 Old 28th Aug 2017 at 3:14 PM
Too bad we cannot really assign them a house...(or can we?)

Link Ninja
#4115 Old 28th Aug 2017 at 3:20 PM
I feel bad when I give a sim a makeover from the mirror and they act like they hate it but I'm like 'damn, you look good! This is why I am your god, you obviously have no taste.'

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
#4116 Old 28th Aug 2017 at 4:43 PM
Anyone got a tutorial on making untucked bottoms? I'm finding that some of mine are getting lines around the waist, even with all the vertices and normals fixed.
Mad Poster
#4117 Old 28th Aug 2017 at 4:57 PM
As I was looking for you, I found a tutorial in which I thought it might be mentioned. (nope...)

But then I found a comment by CatOfEvilGenius :

I thought this could help you.

Mad Poster
#4118 Old 28th Aug 2017 at 7:34 PM
Thanks Rosebine (and Cat)! I have a ton of clothes that produce visible gaps, so far just put up with it since I like them but now maybe I don't have to. Might try to fix some of my favorite meshes with those instructions.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#4119 Old 28th Aug 2017 at 8:54 PM
Too bad we cannot really assign them a house...(or can we?)

Not unless you make them playable and move them into one. Or use the apartment hack that pulls from the townie pool instead of social groups.

Theorist
#4120 Old 28th Aug 2017 at 10:19 PM
I'm tired of trying to re-organize my folders while going through a ton of zips I've saved and not getting close to playing again. I decided to just pull my download folder and go from there. I have no hoods I want to play, but have a few questions. Which folder do I pull out to be sure the original hoods are reset, I may have entered one and left without playing it. What happens to any Collection files or anything else in other folders? Will CEP main folder still remain, or do I have to replace that one. Does it also clear out any empty cc hood terrains? Does it also empty the bin houses? Just point me to post for info if this is too many questions. (:

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#4121 Old 28th Aug 2017 at 10:35 PM
I would rename current documents folder, and just rerun the game and create a new one. CEP has to be moved over along with the _EnableColorOptionsGMND package file out of downloads and put in a new downloads folder in the new documents folder if you still want cep.

neighborhoods is the folder you pull to have the game generate a new one.
Mad Poster
#4122 Old 28th Aug 2017 at 11:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
Not unless you make them playable and move them into one. Or use the apartment hack that pulls from the townie pool instead of social groups.

Oh you are right, and i do have this apartment mod.
About the CEP, i would re-install it to be sure. Moving its files around is not quite like installing it.

Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#4123 Old 28th Aug 2017 at 11:44 PM
well the program files don't get moved, understand, all installing it does, (and there ARE manual directions that tell you to do it just this way btw) is put the one package file in the downloads, and puts a CEP folder in the documents folder. and puts the program files package and CEP folders in. Since you are just creating a new documents folder, and don't necessarily want to overwrite all your CEP files in program files and have to reinstall all the new CEP files, (which I have like 20 in my CEP extras folders) it is easier to move them. And yes, I have done this to a multitude of folders now, and no problem in documents folders at all.
Mad Poster
#4124 Old 29th Aug 2017 at 4:45 AM
That is helpful, thanks! I now notice that it is all female bottoms that I have the problem with.

Random thought. I clicked on the wrong thread when I asked that question. It should have been in the questions thread. XD They start with the same word; that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it lol.
Top Secret Researcher
#4125 Old 30th Aug 2017 at 8:17 PM
When your sim gets fired for coming late to work while they wouldn't have been fired had they not bothered to show up at all, since their performance meter is all green. There should be a mod to change this, because it doesn't make much sense, does it?
Page 165 of 516