3 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
#6626 Old 21st Oct 2017 at 7:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grinevilly
Crows brew your potions? ...but how? they don't have opposable thumbs! hahahha

It's magic!

It's mainly diversity in supernaturals the reason why I have multiple Sims 2 folders. I use Phaenoh's correlated skins to create Werewolf and Plantsim skins linked to hair color with elf default face templates and a whole bunch of other features as a work-around. Thank goodness for the "unnatural" eye color sets and wolf ear and pointed ear sliders that've been shared as well so that I can have Treebeard plantsims alongside Dryads.

Back to Plantsims - I still find it odd that they have invisible sim motives (I know there's a mod to block you from seeing needs, but this is different). Plantsims start complaining about them while they're in businesses, and sometimes you're stuck guessing whatever motives to fill just to raise their mood when their needs bar says they're fine. Is there a reverse mod to see these invisible motives, because if there isn't, that'd be an alternative to unique needs.

I'd like more options in creating plantsims - pesticide can sometimes sound like they've become a Spiderman origin story, and while that works in some hoods, it'd be nice to have more options. There's already a mod to turn others into Plantsims but maybe they could grow magical produce to eat as well or go on a Colors of the Wind montage with another Plantsim to turn into one (something similar to the Dragon Legend that unlocks Plantsimism? ). Speaking of produce, I hoped that any they'd create would have special properties asides from the ones other sims can have.

So far, I think witches/warlocks are the most fleshed-out supernaturals that we have have. If only we could stop the LAG (because its reputation deserves that much emphasis) that occurs whenever they arrive - maybe they're so powerful that time literally stops in their presence. I like the idea of them going around on broomsticks but sometimes everyone on a community lot leaves to compensate for them. I remember a mod that makes them walk normally but I think it was only under a specific set of circumstances and it doesn't exactly fix the time warp. I haven't banned them yet though I'm tempted to mod them to Magivestigium themselves into lots at this rate.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#6627 Old 21st Oct 2017 at 7:52 AM
I'd love to see a working washer and dryer that serve no real purpose but do add cleaning skill points. Something kind of like the disappearing dishes after the sims cleans them. lol

I'm imagining a full laundry basket just appearing from out of nowhere and sims just toss generic rack-like clothing in the washer and can watch it spin around possibly adding fun. Then they proceed to throw them in the dryer and the clothing disappears from existence like the dishes.
Mad Poster
#6628 Old 21st Oct 2017 at 8:06 AM
@carrit - rebecah made a washing machine that built cleaning points, but I can't seem to find it.
You may like this, though I'm not sure if there's any skill-building: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=568676

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#6629 Old 21st Oct 2017 at 10:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sketching
I use Phaenoh's correlated skins to create Werewolf and Plantsim skins linked to hair color

SHINY!! Did you download this from somewhere or create it? I love the idea of correlated skins but this, to me, seems the best use for them, and I would download the **** out of that. I would rather have geneticised skins normally - maybe with slight changes for each hair colour, that would be cool. It's just a project I keep meaning to devote some time to...

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Inventor
#6630 Old 21st Oct 2017 at 11:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
SHINY!! Did you download this from somewhere or create it? I love the idea of correlated skins but this, to me, seems the best use for them, and I would download the **** out of that. I would rather have geneticised skins normally - maybe with slight changes for each hair colour, that would be cool. It's just a project I keep meaning to devote some time to...

I used her templates and made them myself. I initially wanted to make a set for each type of supernatural to share, but I still have to ask the original skin creators for permission. And well, I have too many sets! Besides, what makes sense to me might not make sense for everyone so I'd encourage you to make your own.

Using them for supernaturals was the very first idea that popped into my head when I found them after they first came out. I still use geneticized skins in some exclusively supernatural hoods but I also thought that it'd be interesting to link them to hair and skin color, hence the correlated skins. There seems to be an issue with the alien templates that Phaenoh and I are still working on, though it's not too big a problem in my hoods wherein everyone's an alien with the 16-set correlated skin defaults. Example - I want varying degrees of fur on black-haired werewolves so S1 could have the lightest gray fur and S4 would have dark gray. That way, townies would blend in without me having to alter their genetics. With a mod that prevents the default werewolf overlay from appearing, you could have eternal furries if you like.

I've also done this with plantsims. I can't remember at the moment if I have a mod that allows you to shift between the default plantsim form and a human form or if it's vanilla (too many Sims 2 folders with different mod sets), but it works well with them as well, allowing me to mimic as many subspecies as I want.

Granted, it's funny when I plop one of the EAxis neighborhoods in and find robot Ophelia, mermaid Angela, and purple-skinned Romeo.
Mad Poster
#6631 Old 21st Oct 2017 at 12:15 PM
Been thinking - why not make some small object hazards that unsupervised toddlers could put in their mouths? It is quite a danger in real life. There's even a Tide Pods challenge that shows many different hazards, and why you should be aware of them.
Mad Poster
#6632 Old 21st Oct 2017 at 2:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by carrit
I'd love to see a working washer and dryer that serve no real purpose but do add cleaning skill points. Something kind of like the disappearing dishes after the sims cleans them. lol

@carrit As ihate said, that's sort of what rebecah's does. Her original (found here) gives cleaning skill, maxes comfort and hygiene, and gives fun. A lot of people have made variations of hers, the one ihate linked is mustluvcatz version of rebecahs ones. To help you and others decide I figured I'd explain how the versions I know about differ.

Rebecah's original -> Adds cleaning skill, fun, maxes comfort/hygiene

iCad -> Added autonomy so that Sims might use the washer/dryer autonomously (linked in mustluvcatz and my thread). iCad also has some nice recolors for it, so I'd recommend taking a look even if you don't want to use her version of the washer/dryer.

Mustluvcatz (that ihate linked) -> Used iCads as base, so it's also autonomous. Slight mesh-edit, and changed animations a little and made it more random what you see. Has some new recolors, but she may have changed guid so not sure if those recolors would work for anyone elses versions.

Me -> I don't gain hygiene or comfort from doing laundry, quite the opposite since it's three floors down. I also don't find it particularly fun. So I made modified versions that removes the motive gain so that you only gain cleaning skill from doing laundry. I offer mine in autonomous/non-autonomous versions with different guids, so you could have autonomous versions in some places and non-autonomous in others. For example I built a laundromat community lot with autonomous ones, but keep non-autonomous in Sims homes. The new guid versions have all of rebecahs recolors and iCads recolors made available for them.

rebecah is very talented, and very generous to have such an open policy allowing people to make modifications to her work. A lot of the modded/animated objects out there have far less generous policies, so I think it's worth noting that rebecah is nicer than most (including me).

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Forum Resident
#6633 Old 21st Oct 2017 at 6:34 PM Last edited by grinevilly : 23rd Oct 2017 at 10:27 PM.

I'm imagining a full laundry basket just appearing from out of nowhere and sims just toss generic rack-like clothing in the washer and can watch it spin around possibly adding fun. Then they proceed to throw them in the dryer and the clothing disappears from existence like the dishes.

Well now wait... I could see said laundry basket being used to get the clothes out of the dryer, and having your sims fold them and place them into wardrobe drawers to disappear them... More time cleaning = more time skilling cleanliness. Plus, they've already got a clothes pile that sims can carry around, when they try on or buy clothes. It'd just be a matter of opening the wardrobe drawer (for which anims already exist) and putting them in. Folding might take some work, but... As long as we're on the subject, why the heck not?? =)

I'd like to see the tables of clothing that came with H&M stuff be used like clothes racks, instead of just art. I dont want my sims looking at a table full of sweaters, pondering their meaning, and then clapping like [THIS IS NOT WHAT I WROTE! IT IS A MISREPRESENTATION AND FABRICATION!! -->] a simpleton, jumping up and down and cheering. I mean, the idea of them looking and pondering isn't so bad. Clapping and cheering is a different story. [<-- THIS IS NOT WHAT I WROTE! IT IS A MISREPRESENTATION AND FABRICATION!!] And not being able to try on /purchase... just doesn't make sense. Something that's always bugged me. I guess i should've put that in the "Sim things that bug me" thread, huh? hahha.

THIS IS NOT WHAT I WROTE!! MY POST WAS ALTERED WITHOUT MY CONSENT. I DID NOT USE ANY OFFENSIVE LANGUAGE IN MY CULTURE AND COUNTRY. AS THE SITUATION WAS ALREADY ADDRESSED, THIS PILE-ON IS COMPLETELY UNNECESSARY!

-gE
>=)
Field Researcher
#6634 Old 21st Oct 2017 at 7:16 PM
I would love to have a mod that makes community phones look the same as default phones you can install. Those blue phone booths that are visible in neighborhood view and from one lot to another drive me crazy. I hide them in rocks and trees but they still poke out.
Mad Poster
#6635 Old 21st Oct 2017 at 7:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jain
I would love to have a mod that makes community phones look the same as default phones you can install. Those blue phone booths that are visible in neighborhood view and from one lot to another drive me crazy. I hide them in rocks and trees but they still poke out.

Parsimonious has some covers you can use to make them blend in better in various historical settings.
Mad Poster
#6636 Old 21st Oct 2017 at 7:43 PM

There is a mod by dramallamadingdang (iCad) here which makes them invisible in neighbourhood view.
Mad Poster
#6637 Old 21st Oct 2017 at 8:29 PM

I wonder If a community lot can exist without those phones. With BV/FT/AL installed, you can use the means on foot transportation.
Forum Resident
#6638 Old 21st Oct 2017 at 9:01 PM
I dont want my sims looking at a table full of sweaters, pondering their meaning, and then clapping like a simpleton, jumping up and down and cheering. I mean, the idea of them looking and pondering isn't so bad. Clapping and cheering like a paste eating spaz is a different story.

My apologies to the paste connoisseur who disagreed with my post. *FROWNY-FACE EMOJI*

-gE
>=)
Field Researcher
#6639 Old 21st Oct 2017 at 9:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lauratje86
There is a mod by dramallamadingdang (iCad) here which makes them invisible in neighbourhood view.
WOW!! Thank you thank you! I spend so much time hiding those awful things! I am so glad I asked and again thank you!
Field Researcher
#6640 Old 21st Oct 2017 at 9:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
Parsimonious has some covers you can use to make them blend in better in various historical settings.
I can definitely use these. The little country roadside mailbox looks so wrong in so many places. Thank you!
just a girl
#6641 Old 21st Oct 2017 at 10:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
I wonder If a community lot can exist without those phones. With BV/FT/AL installed, you can use the means on foot transportation.

There are features in game (and/or in mods) that count on these phones. Some may have plan B in case phone booth isn't present on a lot, but who's to say all of them have plan B?
I'd say it's better to download default replacement or invisible recolor for community phone than to delete it from lots.
Lab Assistant
#6642 Old 22nd Oct 2017 at 2:25 AM

Rebecca made an animated washer and dryer that adds cleaning skill. You can get it here: http://affinitysims.com/files/file/...sher-and-dryer/

Edit: For the some reason the link isn't working for me, but as far as I know the site is still up. Maybe its just having difficulties at the moment or something.

They should use The Sims 2 in psychology....it could work wonders.
Mad Poster
#6643 Old 22nd Oct 2017 at 3:07 AM
My apologies to the paste connoisseur who disagreed with my post. *FROWNY-FACE EMOJI*

-gE
>=)

Paste eating spaz is rather a rude thing to call anyone. I think that's what got you your disagree.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6644 Old 22nd Oct 2017 at 3:21 AM
@grinevilly Can I ask you to please not use that word.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#6645 Old 22nd Oct 2017 at 5:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Paste eating spaz is rather a rude thing to call anyone. I think that's what got you your disagree.

I called my SIM that. I dont think he's offended. In fact, i guarantee you he's not. There's bigger things to get bent out of in this world than the feelings of a sim.

-gE
>=)
Mad Poster
#6646 Old 22nd Oct 2017 at 5:25 AM
It's not so much that as the fact that some people may consider it offensive and MTS prefers to keep it clean.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Forum Resident
#6647 Old 22nd Oct 2017 at 7:48 AM Last edited by natboopsie : 23rd Oct 2017 at 3:51 AM.
I'd love to be able to open a pizzeria like the ones we had when I was growing up on Long Island. It'd be great for sims to be able to order a slice at the counter and sit in a booth with their friends, or maybe order a pie for the whole table, all the while some busier sims could purchase take-out. And what pizzeria wouldn't be complete without a Chinese food place next door, again, where you can get crates of take-out or you could sit at a table and slurp up your noodles with chopsticks, piled into a booth with your bestest buddies!

This was is roughly possible on unowned community lots until unless you have BV or later expansions; it just requires a little setup on your part before sending your sims. Using frillen's unintuitively named but very useful everything-unlocker (how I think of it, not what frillen named it), you could put pizza and/or Chinese food on a community lot. Hungry sims would help themselves.

It always seemed to help in my game if your controlled sims helped themselves first; unserved pizza seemed less attractive to uncontrolled sims, so they wouldn't join my eating sim and would get distracted with other things instead. If my sims got the ball rolling by serving each pie, other sims would usually grab slices and sit down in booths/tables on the lot with them. Without an NL podium on the lot, of course, where they chose to sit with their food was pretty random, so you couldn't necessarily sit and eat with anyone in particular. And you couldn't run it as an eat-in business, unless you wanted to use the bandatron.

Unfortunately, it sounds like EA patched the "bug" that had made this possible. So I've never tried to add that mod now that I have the UC. However, lots that already have these extracted objects still work the same, so I still stick the late and much-missed Mootilda's pizzeria, from her first (and basegame compatible) Moo's Mews set, into most of my hoods and subhoods (I often pick sites near a park or other family destination). Since it's a community lot, the pizza replenishes magically every visit.

Mootilda also put uneaten Chinese food boxes into several of her Brainania lots; so I've also placed some of those around my Unis, before and after I had the UC.

I realized that I have not heard that the Buyable Pizza and Chinese Food mod has ever stopped working in games with the later expansions. So it's possible that it does! So all configurations might still be able to make your own pizzerias and casual Chinese food places which would work in the way I described above.

That mod's creator only made the pizza and Chinese buyable from the catalog on residential lots, but according to what someone posted relatively recently in the mod's comments, there's a tutorial here about how to make resi stuff available on community lots. I checked out the tutorial, and although some of the pics have dead links, there's actually still a full section of screenshots that seem to show everything you actually need. So it could work...or maybe someone will come along and just update it that way. Sounds like the creator is still around and might give permission.

Anyway, whether you have BV and above or not, Paladin at Simwardrobe (is it our bulbasaur that has an archive linked in their signature?) had a variation of his automated buffet table serving counter (reworded so people won't think it's one of the three-tile, white-tablecloth things) that served only pizza, so I've put those on community lots too; you just have to send your sim over to get the pizza started, and then it can replenish automatically when eaten and be free. All my uncontrolled sims love eating from it. I put it on newly opened business lots as a gimmicky "grand opening" thing; it helps a little with stars even when the lot is selling items like clothes, since stars are partly based on how long a sim's spent on the lot. And "free pizza" isn't distracting enough that sims don't ever buy things (even though I have never once used Pescado's Business Runs You).

I definitely agree with you that the game is missing good ways to control seating and allow selling of casual sit-down meals on community lots, where only the sim and their chosen group of friends would sit at the same table.

*Ongoing TS2 informational projects (come on by to contribute, get info, or spectate!): (1) the SimPE Preservation Project and (2) Conflict Tracking for the 3t2 Traits Project Mods
*Need a Pescado mod? Use his hack directory: in the first post, find the link for your latest EP, then go in hacks/
Inventor
#6648 Old 22nd Oct 2017 at 9:13 AM
I recently talked to natboopsie about the activity table and thought of a few things. Shortened version of what I posted in another thread:

I'd like to see smaller varieties, recoloring options without the need for a default replacement, and that eject mode made much faster. It also seems to be too attractive, especially for drawing, which makes it more difficult to leave a toddler alone with it without having to constantly check on their needs. If possible, I'd like the ability to sit alongside the kids and toddlers to draw and play with them, and maybe even sims of various ages playing blocks and drawing together and not just doing so separately on the same table.

I wonder if it's possible to add an option to play with molding clay in addition to the drawings and blocks - maybe partially borrowing a few things from the child-friendly pottery station.
Mad Poster
#6649 Old 22nd Oct 2017 at 2:11 PM
I didn't know about the pottery wheel. Naturally, I started salivating about it. So, if anyone else wants it, here it is:

https://nixedsims.wordpress.com/201...table-for-kids/

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#6650 Old 22nd Oct 2017 at 2:30 PM
WOW!! Thank you thank you! I spend so much time hiding those awful things! I am so glad I asked and again thank you!

You're welcome! I follow iCad/dramallamadingdang on Tumblr and I was so happy when I saw it - it makes such a big difference to how historical/rural 'hoods look in neighbourhood view! :-)
Page 266 of 582