Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#10101 Old 28th Oct 2017 at 4:06 AM
Some new random questions from someone who's barely played plantsims at all and not at all recently...

What are your favourite ways to quickly and efficiently fill a plantsim's sun need without resorting to sun lamps?
Does growing a plantbaby fulfill the regular "have a baby" want?
Are there any limits/downsides to plantsims spamming "spores of happiness" all the time?
Advertisement
Scholar
#10102 Old 28th Oct 2017 at 5:32 AM
When the Teleporter Cat brings a Sim to the lot, does it automatically add them to the household or are they just there as a visitor? I'm trying to set two former townie teens as siblings, but one is an adult and the other is at uni, so I don't want either to actually move in with the other.
Mad Poster
#10103 Old 28th Oct 2017 at 5:40 AM Last edited by Rosawyn : 28th Oct 2017 at 6:14 AM.
BlueAlien, it just brings them there as a visitor. There's a separate option to move a visitor in once they are there on the lot.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10104 Old 28th Oct 2017 at 6:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by zeroboys008
No, it doesn't. Unfortunately nothing happens when I click on a tent.

Maybe try making a quick camping site and trying that in case It's the lot. it's possible it's a mod conflict so I would also run the hack conflict program.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#10105 Old 28th Oct 2017 at 7:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by zeroboys008
I sent a group of teens on a camping trip to Three Lakes using Squinge's "Book Vacation Enabled for Teens" Mod. Only problem is that they are unable to check in to a tent.

Any ideas how I can get around this issue?

I have the same issue. I had to send my teens on their honeymoon with the groom's mom! Thankfully, she had her own room in the hotel.

If you're Dirk, I want to be your Lilith. <3
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10106 Old 28th Oct 2017 at 7:28 AM
Is this a Chris Hatch mod? Since you both have it, you should post about it on his site or pm him.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#10107 Old 28th Oct 2017 at 8:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Is this a Chris Hatch mod? Since you both have it, you should post about it on his site or pm him.

Squinge's mod they said. I don't think he's active anymore. I have that mod too, but I haven't used it yet.
Mad Poster
#10108 Old 28th Oct 2017 at 1:29 PM
So, I have several vampires in my hoods. The only way I have ever found to keep a vamp alive is to use the control panel from Simslice (ghost site, don't go there. Go to the booty if you want it, or pm me). But the problem is it maxes motives for everyone on the lot. For some reason sim blender won't keep my vamps motives from decaying. Is that a mod conflict, or am I doing something wrong?

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Theorist
#10109 Old 28th Oct 2017 at 4:59 PM
Where can I find the info and fix for the Ergo recolors to work? Thanks (:

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Mad Poster
#10110 Old 28th Oct 2017 at 5:18 PM
If it has stopped working, I would advise downloading and installing a new copy of the CEP, @Duine; that has always worked for me.
Mad Poster
#10111 Old 28th Oct 2017 at 6:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
So, I have several vampires in my hoods. The only way I have ever found to keep a vamp alive is to use the control panel from Simslice

Have you tried the vampire sunblock mod from here at MTS? I downloaded it recently but haven't actually tried it out in game yet.
Top Secret Researcher
#10112 Old 28th Oct 2017 at 7:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
Have you tried the vampire sunblock mod from here at MTS? I downloaded it recently but haven't actually tried it out in game yet.

Here is the Vampire Sunblock Mod that was mentioned and you might also want Monique's Vamp Daytime Indoors Decay Hack

I would appreciate it if they work well that you let us all know.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Field Researcher
#10113 Old 28th Oct 2017 at 8:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bb18
I have the same issue. I had to send my teens on their honeymoon with the groom's mom! Thankfully, she had her own room in the hotel.

Aw, so its just a limitation of the mod, thanks for sharing your experience. I'll send them with an adult "chaperone" who is more laid back that I will try to keep out out of their way, I'm thinking one of their older uncles.

They are a group of teenage friends about to head to University anyway so they'll all be able to travel alone for Spring Break soon enough!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10114 Old 28th Oct 2017 at 11:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Squinge's mod they said. I don't think he's active anymore. I have that mod too, but I haven't used it yet.

Shame. I have it too but haven't used it. Well if everyone has the same thing happen that best will be if another modder looks at it.

~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#10115 Old 28th Oct 2017 at 11:29 PM Last edited by CaliBrat : 28th Oct 2017 at 11:55 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Charity

Squinge is still around at InSim. The other day I saw a poll done by him that said 'who thought Jenna should shush' ... :P
I just looked at his profile too.. Last Active: October 11, 2017, 08:14:11 pm

Can't sure to try and see if you can contact him as he does seem to be still around.

(Edited to change shut up to shush :P)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10116 Old 29th Oct 2017 at 12:29 AM
Yeah, but even if he is, he's retried. I am quickly asking someone else to take a peak. Not sure if it's exactly their area though so no promises.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#10117 Old 29th Oct 2017 at 12:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lordtyger9
Here is the Vampire Sunblock Mod that was mentioned and you might also want Monique's Vamp Daytime Indoors Decay Hack

I would appreciate it if they work well that you let us all know.

Thanks, guys. I will.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#10118 Old 29th Oct 2017 at 12:55 AM
Possibly this should go in the dilemma advice thread, but it is a bit of a stupid question, so I'll put it here.

Marvyn Hampton (Teen, Romance, Baldrair Bluffs) is running an adult-themed nightclub which can make him over ยง1,000 a night. Marvyn has to work hard for long hours to bring in that sort of money, but he's earning considerably more than any of the adults in the neighbourhood. His question is, should he leave school in order to devote himself more to his business, or should he stay on at school in the hope of going to university one day? He always does any homework that's set, but he only has a C+ grade. Secondary school education is not compulsory in my game. Thinking of Bill Gates dropping out of university to start Microsoft, I'm inclined to let him leave. If he decides he'd like a university education when he's older, as I did myself, I'm sure I can think of a way to let him go. What do y'all think he should do?

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#10119 Old 29th Oct 2017 at 1:01 AM
I don't think a teenager should be running an "adult-themed" club to begin with. (Hey, you asked what I think.) How is this even legal in your hood? What sort of laws do you even have in place?
Mad Poster
#10120 Old 29th Oct 2017 at 1:27 AM
You've got a point Rosawyn. I'm afraid the law on that sort of thing is decidedly lax in my game. The Hamptons are one of the moneyed families of the Bluffs, and Marvyn's dad Lawrence (also Romance) gave him the money to start the business. I presume he wouldn't have done that if he thought it might be illegal; Lawrence is in the law-enforcement career, though at the moment he's still a police cadet.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#10121 Old 29th Oct 2017 at 1:31 AM
On the teen vacation mod is it only a problem with tents or hotels in general
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10122 Old 29th Oct 2017 at 1:34 AM
@zeroboys008 @bb18 gdayars is making a fix. Right now they can check in but not leave so she is looking at that. If the getting stuck can't be resolved than don't try to use tents.

~Call me Jo~
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#10123 Old 29th Oct 2017 at 2:38 AM
ok it works on mine, I was just being dumb. I never send mine on vacation so if the people who were having issues with the vacation mod, will pm me, I will send the mod for testing. If it works for you guys, I will upload it
Mad Poster
#10124 Old 29th Oct 2017 at 3:52 AM Last edited by maxon : 29th Oct 2017 at 1:43 PM.
How do I fix this?

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Field Researcher
#10125 Old 29th Oct 2017 at 3:55 AM
Does anyone know if using the sim blender to impregnate a sim eliminates first born syndrome? I just had a couple have a second child and totally forgot to roll the pacifier, but the second child has a different skin tone, eye color and personality from the first child. Both pregnancies were achieved by sim blender as try for baby failed and I didn't feel like making them woohoo again, lol.

There are other couples in the same hood who had children in between these two so idk if that can also reset the genetics.

Myalgic Encephalomyelitis is a severely disabling neurological, cardiac and metabolic disease.
The Hummingbirds' Foundation for M.E. is fighting for patients to be given recognition and appropriate medical care.
Please visit hfme.org for more information.
Page 405 of 1347