Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#26 Old 13th Aug 2017 at 6:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Annaminna
K6ka mentioned here that Quaxi is dead http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...018#post4468018
Maybe she knows more than we know.

That's possibly simply a reference to the site being dead but I don't know.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Advertisement
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#27 Old 13th Aug 2017 at 7:50 PM
well let's ask.... @K6ka you said in an old thread that Quaxi is dead, do you mean the site or for real?
Top Secret Researcher
#28 Old 14th Aug 2017 at 2:00 PM
That was a long time ago... think I meant that Quaxi had left the community (I don't know any SimPE developers personally) and that S2PE isn't being actively developed or supported now.
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#29 Old 14th Aug 2017 at 3:21 PM
Test Subject
#30 Old 16th Aug 2017 at 11:48 PM
I've just stumbled over this thread due to the same registration error. I'm from Germany - writing Quaxi a letter wouldn't be a problem...
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#31 Old 17th Aug 2017 at 12:21 AM
Oh yes, please do! <3 Let him know that there is a problem with the site, and that there are plenty of us willing to take over site responsibilities. Ask him to hop online somewhere and get in touch with us, and we can take it from there.
Test Subject
#32 Old 17th Aug 2017 at 1:07 AM Last edited by Kalkwerk : 17th Aug 2017 at 1:52 AM.
Alright, I'll write the letter tomorrow during lunch break. I'll post a rough translation here to make sure I haven't missed something important.
(I'm simhow from tumblr btw just in case somebody wants to contact me outside this forum)

Edit:
"Dear Frank,
I'm writing you the old fashioned way, because you weren't available via email. Many years ago you provided the Sims 2 community with your great SimPE editor. The community still has a lot of active members that use your program. Unfortunately some important elements of your website are not working anymore: for example, users cannot create an account for the GUID database anymore. I know that you left the community long ago, but there are many Sims players (for instance at Modthesims), who would be willing to take over responsibilities for your site. Please contact us via email (xxx) or post. I've attached a sufficiently stamped and self addressed envelope."

Sorry for my bad english, I've tried my very best
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#33 Old 17th Aug 2017 at 2:03 AM
I think you might say, if he's willing, is all that we really need is log in access to the site.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Test Subject
#34 Old 17th Aug 2017 at 10:17 PM Last edited by Kalkwerk : 12th Sep 2017 at 12:33 AM.
Small Update: I've sent the letter today.

Update 09/12: Haven't got an answer so far.
Instructor
#35 Old 6th Jan 2018 at 11:31 PM
I'm crossing my fingers that you'll still get an answer, since it's now 2018 perhaps we'll have better luck!
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#36 Old 7th Jan 2018 at 4:00 PM
It might be time (after the holidays are sufficiently over) to send a follow up. Any chance he is listed in a telephone database, his address might no longer be correct.
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 23rd Jan 2018 at 4:08 PM Last edited by julsfels : 25th Jan 2018 at 2:29 PM.
After a bit of research, I found a few persons who might be Quaxi.
As I am german, too, I sent a first email to the person with the highest propability. Maybe we have luck.

Fairy Forest - Downloads for the Sims
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 2:30 PM Last edited by julsfels : 25th Jan 2018 at 2:50 PM.
Yey! First try was successful. I got an answer today, and it really was Quaxi. He told me that he will have a look at the problems this weekend.

EDIT: In my answer today, I asked him if he would be so nice to re-open the registration for new creators, too. :D

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#39 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 3:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by julsfels
Yey! First try was successful. I got an answer today, and it really was Quaxi.

Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#40 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 4:30 PM
Instructor
#41 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 5:04 PM
Well, long time no see everyone :D
As I said, I did not realize that SimPE is still in use!

The main site should be fixed now. Registering new accounts works again on both the german and english site. I don't know if it works from SimPE too, but I plan to have a look.
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 5:15 PM
That´s really great, thanks!
Registering a GUID directly in SimPE does not work yet, here is a screenshot with the error message.

Not actually evil.
#43 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 6:04 PM
@Quaxi - You have the gratitude of the Sims 2 community, thank you! We are still alive and kicking. There are folks who have offered to take over responsibility for the SimPE site if it is not something you wish to maintain anymore. Quite understandable if you don't. If you do wish to maintain it, fantastic! SimPE has brought us so very much joy over the years.

@julsfels - Thank you so much for contacting Quaxi.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#44 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 6:43 PM
@Quaxi Thank you for coming back! SimPE is stil very, very much in use.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#45 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 9:16 PM
Woot Quaxi - how wonderful to see you here again. I am more than willing to help with the SimPE site if required. In fact, I'd love to.

And thanks soooooooooooooooooooo much for fixing up the database. Not only is it still being used - we are very, very alive and kicking. Yr awesome!

Also @julsfels - high five for successful tracking down. Yay!

Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#46 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 10:13 PM
"happy dances all over the place "
Instructor
#47 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 11:29 PM
Well, after some tinkering I got my old Project-Files mostly working again :D

I have attached a replacment .dll File that should hopefully reenable the GUID-Connection in SimPE. Since I do not currently have the Sims installed I can't really test this, but if you are willing to try simply extract the sims.guid.dll file and replace the one that was installed alongside your SimPe.exe (make a backup copy of the original file in case everything gets wrong )

I will try to get my release workflow working again. Once I do, I'll be able to create installers and 7z files for the Homepage/SourceForge (which has the additional plus of having the update notification within SimPE working again).

Oh, and thanks for the offer of Hosting the Guid-db. We can talk about that once I am able to actually update the SimPE Releases.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  sims.guid.dll.zip (31.9 KB, 1177 downloads) - View custom content
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 11:41 PM
Works perfectly! Thanks!

Theorist
#49 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 11:48 PM
It works for me too. Thanks so much! :lovestruc
Forum Resident
#50 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 12:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Quaxi
The main site should be fixed now. Registering new accounts works again on both the german and english site.

When I try to access the main site, I get "ERR_SPDY_INADEQUATE_TRANSPORT_SECURITY".
Locked thread
Page 2 of 8