Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#1251 Old 23rd Apr 2018 at 5:09 PM
Orders more wine for Cat.
Advertisement
Instructor
#1252 Old 23rd Apr 2018 at 6:13 PM
Given that the game refuses to build anything higher than 8 floors outside of the original 11x11 foundation, I'm gonna go ahead and change my build to just the one tower. I'm seriously doubting if I'm going to finish it on time, though.
Mad Poster
#1253 Old 23rd Apr 2018 at 10:21 PM
The case of wine for @Yvelotic2001 has just arrived
Mad Poster
#1254 Old 23rd Apr 2018 at 11:04 PM
I pretty much gave up on the theme. The ONLY lot I can use that isn't CC'd to the hilt was the original prototype for my bungalow motel, which was a beach lot. That had very little CC. But I structurally changed it so, so much to accommodate Freezy and the bellhop that at this point, it's pretty unusable. And Freezy-proofed or not (I probably should write "Freezy-resistant" ... there is no way to 100% Freezy-proof a lot, as far as I know, and the best i got would be around 98% or so!), bungalow lots are great for me, but probably not for others.They're a little old-fashioned.

And after all the rushing, it turned out my treatment got delayed for a week because I need to build up my platelets. Oh, well. At least I submitted all the entries.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Mad Poster
#1255 Old 23rd Apr 2018 at 11:25 PM
Is there a reason about CC somewhere that I, between drinking too much wine and other things, may have missed? Why is both Cat and Gazania worried about CC? (Going back to drinking, worrying).
Mad Poster
#1256 Old 23rd Apr 2018 at 11:58 PM Last edited by gazania : 24th Apr 2018 at 12:21 AM.
I thought ... I could be mistaken ... that Cat was talking about the travel/adventure theme, not the contest. I am not crazy about trying to upload a lot here with 50 cc items! I think Naftali (my uploaded dorm) had about 20 items of CC (recolors included), and I thought the list was long for that one! Many here, though, have no problem with a huge CC list, be they uploaders or downloaders.

Lab Assistant
#1257 Old 24th Apr 2018 at 4:12 AM
*swoops in* WHO SAID WINE

I'd be making great progress if I didn't decide every few days that I hated what I was building and raze it to the ground. I think I figured out what tweaks to make to one version that will make it a bit more interesting. One way or another, it will get done.

IT WILL GET DONE I SAY

"Passion makes no accommodation for self-preservation."
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#1258 Old 24th Apr 2018 at 4:23 AM
You have close to 3 days left Cat, you can do it! Go everyone!

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#1259 Old 24th Apr 2018 at 4:54 AM
Yes - the CC 'worry' is about including it in an upload for the travel/adventure theme. It takes me hours (like, 8 - 12 hours!) to track down all the CC I've used with all of it's links, etc, so I can upload something here on MTS. Maybe I'm just slow - or disorganized - or confuzzled... or had too much wine?

Anyway - I reworked my Ryokan (took out most of it's CC) and changed a few other things around. I actually like it better now. I will be uploading that before the end of the month for the Adventure Theme. So, I will get my sticker after all *whew!*

And I did some work on my final rounds presentation for this contest today too - so, that should be up before the deadline

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Top Secret Researcher
#1260 Old 24th Apr 2018 at 5:45 AM
I do a spreadsheet of cc as I download it so I know exactly where I got it, creator name, and what the file name is. Not helpful for stuff I downloaded before creating it though.
Mad Poster
#1261 Old 24th Apr 2018 at 7:23 AM
I see
More wine then?
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1262 Old 24th Apr 2018 at 12:21 PM
Good for you Cat! Getting something done for theme. We had big plans, but first I had computer troubles then Jo had computer troubles, and real life has been busy about getting in the way. So I am going to catch this theme on the flip side and work at getting a sticker when we do the "theme to get stickers you missed" theme.
Mad Poster
#1263 Old 24th Apr 2018 at 2:13 PM
Same here gdayars. Had completely forgotten about theme until Cat's post, and with everything going on not worth even thinking about it. So will postpone my idea and hopefully maybe get to it when the past-themes-theme happens.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#1264 Old 24th Apr 2018 at 4:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gdayars
...when we do the "theme to get stickers you missed" theme.

Ooooooh! Good to know that's coming If we've already got all the 'theme' stickers, will be able to pick up a 'cookie' or an old April Fool 'Llama Butt or 'Alert Citizen'? (I tried sooo hard on those April Fools ones, but just couldn't find the right sticker trigger *sigh*) I'm all about the stickers! LOL! :lovestruc

Thanks Petro
This is for you:
Screenshots

and Vintage Stuffeths
Mad Poster
#1265 Old 24th Apr 2018 at 6:41 PM
I wanted to post something, but still can't sit too long in front of the pc (much less pain now, though) - I think I spent what I could on my entry. So I will keep an eye on that theme to get stickers you missed too
Mad Poster
#1266 Old 24th Apr 2018 at 7:03 PM
Between this, my body not being cooperative and trying to figure out just why the 4 gb patch openly refuses to work with Happy Holidays, I think I might want a few liquid refreshments from the juice bar! Keep this up, and I might even indulge in a bland cucumber with my Sims. And bland cucumbers have never been my thing! (For those who don't know, there is a certain drug mod that produces what are euphemistically known as bland cucumbers. They aren't cucumbers.)

I looked at my lot files. The smallest is the strip mall restaurant with 24 CC items. Since many don't do strip malls (So suburban!), I don't think that will be a hot number. Let's face it ... my wanderings have been more of a desire than a lust!

Instructor
#1267 Old 25th Apr 2018 at 3:23 PM
I would like to formally apologize to the judge who hates orange for my landscaping decisions.
Lab Assistant
#1268 Old 25th Apr 2018 at 4:04 PM
I'm done building, and about 60% done with landscaping! Probably would have finished last night but my cat got out and I had to go look for him, lest he get eaten by coyotes. Barring any more cat-astrophes, my entry will be up either tonight or tomorrow morning.

"Passion makes no accommodation for self-preservation."
Link Ninja
#1269 Old 25th Apr 2018 at 4:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Yvelotic2001
I would like to formally apologize to the judge who hates orange for my landscaping decisions.

But the judge that hates orange isn't a judge this time around so I think you're off the hook

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
#1270 Old 25th Apr 2018 at 8:03 PM Last edited by CatherineTCJD : 25th Apr 2018 at 11:28 PM.
Default Round 4 Entry ~ Remember The Alasimo ~ Desert Community Activity Lot

For those of you who don't know American history all that well - the Alamo is where a very important battle was fought near present day San Antonio, Texas, in 1836. Bowie (of Bowie knife fame, not Ziggy Stardust) and Davy Crockett (you know, the guy who caught him a bear when he was only 3?) both died in that battle, defending the Alamo against the Mexican General Santa Anna. It was a brutal battle, and we lost. However, in a subsequent battle near Houston, with the battle cry, "Remember the Alamo!" we won. To learn more about the history of the Alamo, please visit the Chronology Tab of The Alamo website.

Now... all that being said... this lot is "The AlaSIMo" - it's meant to be a fun place for sims to visit while they're visiting desert climes. I tried to recreate the Mission Church, Long Barracks, and Livestock Yards, with correct proportions/dimensions/etc as the Sims 2 game would allow. I also tried to use as little CC as I could, which is why I did not use CC crumbled plaster wallpaints, etc... This build is a mix of chronological aesthetics. Pictures of this area from way back in 1836, make it look like a desert - so I made my version in the desert. The church building, originally constructed in 1757, was all but demolished during the battles. It's world-famous rounded façade wasn't added until 1850. Don't even get me started on AC - yes, I know it's HOT in Texas. Thankfully my simmies don't really mind the heat all that much - there are plenty of places for them to get a cool drink and sit in the shade.

I play-tested this lot with the Grunts, and in spite of them being "them", they enjoyed everything - and were quite happy to stay there all night if I had let them. (Note to self - playtest with a happier family next time. *sheesh!* These guys have waaay too many problems goin' on!) Oh, and, yes the 'climbing fort' thingamagig works on the angle, I have a picture if needed. Anyway...

Thank you so much Gdayars for hosting this contest, it has been a lot of fun :lovestruc and I definitely learned a lot more about building "vacation" lots.
Thank you Judges for all your hard work (I'm so glad I wasn't judging this time around!) It's not an easy task - and you all did a great job
Thank you my fellow contestants - what a creative bunch ya'll are! And friendly! And knowledgeable - I've learned a lot from all ya'll - thank you for sharing

and Vintage Stuffeths
Mad Poster
#1271 Old 25th Apr 2018 at 8:27 PM
Exellent work, Cat I particularly like those arches in front of the windows. Now let's go drinking

@Yvelotic2001 - you are indeed safe from the orange disliking judge Dragging her to the fermented fruit juice bar right now. (I should mention that she once judged me in my very first attempt in a competition - it was stories and screenshots - and while she told me she hated orange, she still gave me good marks )
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1272 Old 25th Apr 2018 at 8:50 PM
Oh my word! Cat that is AWESOME!
Mad Poster
#1273 Old 25th Apr 2018 at 8:51 PM
LOL, Petro Thanks!

Yvelotic2001 - It was Meeeeee! I was the judge with the aversion to orange.

...I was gonna include in my write-up that I'm related to Davy Crockett. But, I ran out of steam...

and Vintage Stuffeths
Mad Poster
#1274 Old 25th Apr 2018 at 10:25 PM
First, that is beautiful and recognizable, Cat, good job.

Second, I'm going to put my correction of the inaccuracies of your historical and geographical account under spoilers, because nobody gets paid enough to listen to me rant about Texas History. It has to be a volunteer deal.

Third, seeing it makes me regret even more the deep weariness that has blocked me from even starting the Stock Show and Rodeo Fairground I had envisioned. I downloaded CC for it and everything, but I just can't. Good thing I'm only a play-along. It would've been awesome, though, trust me; in it's own peculiar way.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#1275 Old 25th Apr 2018 at 10:28 PM
That lot is amazing, Cat!

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!

Page 51 of 59