Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#1276 Old 25th Apr 2018 at 10:49 PM
I am back..sort of..got moved Friday and was supposed to have internet on Friday afternoon..and am just now getting it on..I am so far behind on everything..

I am hoping you will leave this open for a while..it's going to take me a while to get thing sorted out and get my baring in order..then I can start on the last entry..I know I am just a play along but I would really like to finish..
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#1277 Old 25th Apr 2018 at 11:22 PM
I totally agree, Peni! Which is why I put the big-ol "back peddle" on in my "Now... all that being said... this lot is "The AlaSIMo" paragraph.
And, my version of it is set in the desert. Pssst: I changed the wording of that paragraph, Peni, I hope it is a bit more accurate now?

I'm just super-psyched that you could recognize it at all .

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#1278 Old 26th Apr 2018 at 12:38 AM
@Gdayars (and all) - I'm hoping it will be ok to submit a bit, I think, late? I am building but work is being demanding and I got home tonight at 9.30pm and am very tired. I actually fell asleep at my desk yesterday evening so progress is a bit slow. I have built the lot and I'm at the decorating stage but I think it might be Friday rather than Thursday if that's ok.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1279 Old 26th Apr 2018 at 2:46 AM
That is fine. I suspect there will be a few others that are late as well @maxon
Lab Assistant
#1280 Old 26th Apr 2018 at 8:19 AM Last edited by Freelala : 29th Apr 2018 at 7:38 AM.
Default Round 4 - Eastern - Monastery
Since I've learned so much in this contest, I thought it would make a fitting end to create a lot that in itself is a monument to learning. The Hall of Enlightenment Monastery is a place for young adult sims to study, meditate, grow in community, and get their degrees because SURPRISE it is actually a dorm.

I'll try to add more commentary in the morning; I just wanted to at least get the pics up before calling it a night. It's past midnight and I am le tired.

"Passion makes no accommodation for self-preservation."
Mad Poster
#1281 Old 26th Apr 2018 at 11:00 AM
Contrary to what some of my young Sims might try to tell you, I'm not old enough to remember the Alamo, but one of my really early memories is of watching, in a local Scottish cinema, Davy Crockett die there in the 1955 Walt Disney film. (It was probably 1956 before the film got to our local cinema, so I'd likely be 4 or 5.) It made quite an impression on my young mind; I fear the moths have long eaten my Davy Crockett hat, but I think I've still got my (plastic) Davy Crockett gun somewhere. I haven't really been following this contest, so I've chosen quite a nostalgic moment to drop by. Thanks Cat for reviving some of my formative memories! Yes, I think General Buzz would want to take his boys there to imbue them with a sense a sense of history, patriotism and duty.

My abiding memories of the closing scenes of that film (I haven't seen the film since) are of Mexican soldiers trying to reach the flat roof of the building with scaling ladders, and being pushed back by the defenders until the latter are overwhelmed by sheer weight of numbers, and all killed. So now I'm wondering if one of the buildings you've included is the one where my childhood hero, Davy Crockett, died.

Sorry for going just a little off-topic.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#1282 Old 26th Apr 2018 at 11:35 AM
@gdayars I am likely to be late as well Job hunting takes such a long time and sadly that has to be my first priority at the moment or my JSA will be stopped.

@Freelala I love your entry, all those different levels and the bridges - gorgeous!

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#1283 Old 26th Apr 2018 at 1:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gdayars
That is fine. I suspect there will be a few others that are late as well

Yup...count me in the probably lates. It's just a big lot, 90% cc and I still haven't found everything I need (most but there's a few I haven't and I'll probably end up making a last minute wall covering). I'm trying, it's just not looking so good for tonight. We'll see, but I woke up with 10x worse than normal back pain today and sitting at the computer is not helping.
Mad Poster
#1284 Old 26th Apr 2018 at 4:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
So now I'm wondering if one of the buildings you've included is the one where my childhood hero, Davy Crockett, died.

I'm so glad it brought back fond memories :lovestruc - I always wanted one of those hats! I've been missing your posts this contest - thank you for popping in
No, the place my ancestor Davy died has no 'building' left to it... It should be just to the right of the green in front of the church. I did, however, include a ladder leaning next to the broken wall entrance to the Long Barrack/Cantina. Maybe that sparked your memory?

Freelala - What a gorgeous "dorm"! Great idea - I wanna visit!

and Vintage Stuffeths
Mad Poster
#1285 Old 26th Apr 2018 at 5:34 PM

I can't help it, truly. Just be glad I made my saving throw against telling Crockett's death story, which is far far more complex and tragic than it is in the movies. That's standard for Texas history - fiction tends to simplify it and make it far less interesting and meaningful.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#1286 Old 26th Apr 2018 at 7:11 PM
I'm glad you feel that way about it, Peni Thank you! I (obviously) do not live right there, but I'm glad some of the people who do can sense the history around them.

I tend to really love old buildings/architecture - to the detriment of the people who live/lived there (be that a fault or not, it's how I'm wired.) LOL!
I've known for a long time that I need to be holed up in a crumbling down castle/abbey in some remote part of the world (Scotland, preferably) with unlimited funds and an internet connection... It's never gonna happen, but a girl can dream! That would be pure Heaven for me

and Vintage Stuffeths
Link Ninja
#1287 Old 26th Apr 2018 at 11:44 PM
I just had a thought...If cats were to overrun Catherine's lot it could be called...the 'Meowl-amo'

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1288 Old 27th Apr 2018 at 5:02 AM
Guys I realize we are at the end of the time for the contest, but with so many late, and quite frankly I am not feeling well, I think we will just extend time to Saturday, (please judges don't kill me lol)
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#1289 Old 27th Apr 2018 at 9:55 AM
Thank you, @gdayars. Feel better soon :lovestruc (nearest I could find to a heart!)

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#1290 Old 27th Apr 2018 at 11:03 AM
No worries Gina. feel better.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#1291 Old 27th Apr 2018 at 1:36 PM
No problem with extensions Gina, more important that you don't over-extend yourself. So on my account you can postpone as long as necessary.

Water damage is under control, and it sounds like it's going to take a while before the chaos-part kicks in, so it looks like I'll be able to judge after all

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#1292 Old 28th Apr 2018 at 2:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gdayars
Guys I realize we are at the end of the time for the contest, but with so many late, and quite frankly I am not feeling well, I think we will just extend time to Saturday, (please judges don't kill me lol)

Thanks - I think. I've also developed a cold. I'll try and finish today but I'm feeling lousy. However, I don't want to hold anything up so please go ahead without me if I don't make it. I want to try and finish what I'm doing and will probably upload pictures once I'm done but don't expect the lot to be judged. Sorry about that. I'm having a bit of an unforeseen difficult time.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#1293 Old 28th Apr 2018 at 5:49 PM
I am making headway, but am out this evening. I hope to get it up tonight, when I get back.

Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#1294 Old 28th Apr 2018 at 8:14 PM
I'm also trying, and getting somewhere, but I too don't know if I'll be able to finish and post today. We'll just have to see. But I also, like Maxon don't want to hold anyone up, so carry without me if I'm not done in time. I can probably have it up sometime tomorrow, but I still can't guarantee. My back is still horribly uncooperative.
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1295 Old 28th Apr 2018 at 8:22 PM
Well I am sort of better. At least I am back online!

Will get started on linking the lots and getting the judging sheets up tonight. I said started, it will probably be tomorrow.
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#1296 Old 29th Apr 2018 at 5:05 AM
Oh for Pete's sake...I'm this close to just throwing in the towel completely. Now my AGS I was building in wont start at all. I've done everything I know to do to fix it. And it just wont start. It starts to show in task manager, and does the "cursor turns to disk when it's about to start" thing, then just quits. Hopefully I can figure it out tomorrow, or rather later today I guess. But I'm beyond done for now.
Instructor
#1297 Old 29th Apr 2018 at 12:00 PM
I'm sorry for being late, but I had a busy week and I also got sick Friday, so I didn't have the will to build. Nonetheless, my lot is finished, I just need to take pictures and post them here, which I'll do in a moment.
Instructor
#1298 Old 29th Apr 2018 at 2:09 PM Last edited by Yvelotic2001 : 29th Apr 2018 at 2:37 PM.
Default Round 4 Entry - Eastern Pagoda
Bell Tower

Quote:
A tower that's said to have a legendary Pokémon that lands there.

Seven hundred years ago, two nine-story towers were built opposite each other in Ecruteak City. The towers were built to foster friendship and hope between Pokémon and Sims. The view from atop the towers was said to be magnificent.
The eastern tower was said to awaken Pokémon, while the western tower was where Pokémon were said to rest. Ho-Oh roosted at the top of the Bell Tower to the east.
However, about 150 years ago, a lightning bolt struck the western tower. It was engulfed in flames that raged for three days. A sudden downpour finally put out the blaze, but it had already burned to the ground. Three nameless Pokémon perished in the fire, but Ho-Oh descended from the sky and resurrected them. The Pokémon are said to embody three powers: the lightning that struck the tower, the fire that burned it, and the rain that extinguished the fire. When the Pokémon appeared, they struck terror in those who saw their rise. The three Pokémon, knowing their own power, fled, running like the wind off into the grassland.

Only a selected few are allowed to cross the gate and enter Bellchime Trail, the path that leads to Bell Tower. One must prove their worth to Ho-Oh in order to be permitted inside the trail. The trees in Bellchime Trail are autumn-coloured year-round.

This building was inspired by the Bell Tower from Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver - named Tin Tower in G/S/C - and by the Bellchime Trail, the path that leads to it. One of the hardest aspects of building something from a Pokémon game is that dimensions don't quite add up. The tower, from the outside, looks like it would be a 3x3 building, but inside it is more of a 7x7 (Tardis much?), so I decided to go for a 5x5 design. Also, it was impossible for me to build the rooftop level (where you fight Ho-Oh in the games) as I would like because, like I said in some of my previous posts regarding this build, I was getting a weird message from the game when building anything outside of the foundation (meaning I couldn't CFE the last floor as I'd wish).
Since the Bell Tower seems to be based on two temples in Kyoto, the Ginkaku-ji and the To-ji, I would say this build is inspired by those two temples as well.

I didn't take non-floorplan screenshots of the inside of the tower as there isn't anything of interest there. It is just a bunch of ladders and statues (just pretend they're Ho-Oh statues, it's the closest I could get ). Also, the image total is 20, but since 9 of them are floorplans, I'm assuming I'm in the clear, right?

Description was adapted from the Bulbapedia page of both the Bell Tower and Bellchime Trail.
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#1299 Old 29th Apr 2018 at 7:02 PM Last edited by Karen Lorraine : 29th Apr 2018 at 7:17 PM.
Default Round 4
Round 4 - Tropical theme
Stilt Hotel

Please note that I have used an invisible fence on the chalets by the lounger. I have also used an invisible host podium in the restaurant. All the chalets are decorated exactly the same.

Apologies for being so late!

Mad Poster
#1300 Old 29th Apr 2018 at 7:41 PM
Lovely, Karen!!! Very tropical indeed
And great job, Yvelotic2001, too!!!

*whew* AND... I got my Ryokan ready and posted - in time to get my sticker! *happy dance, happy dance* (I just hope I didn't leave anything important out!)

See yas at Petro's I'm buying!

and Vintage Stuffeths

Page 52 of 59