Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Sep 2019 at 9:11 PM
Default Elder lifespan and SimPe
I apologize in advance if I am posting in the wrong subforum. I'm still new.

I am using the simlogical aging mod to lengthen the age duration of every life stage so that 1 sim day is equal to 1 month; therefore 1 sim year is equal to 12 days.

Editing the values in SimPE is straightforward for all age groups except for elder. I would like the elder stage to last from 60-100 years (meaning that a Sim becomes an elder at age 60 and could in theory die as soon as 6pm strikes on their age transition or live to be 100 years old) so from 0 up to 480 days. I do not understand how to make this happen. I am unsure of some of the lines in SimPE. I don't want my game to explode, so I would appreciate any help. I have been searching high and low for an aging guide to no avail.

Thank you.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 12th Oct 2019 at 5:45 AM
@autumnday, I want to apologize because I fully intended to answer this question but after opening a new tab to do so, like, two weeks ago, I forgot all about it! It's only because I randomly decided to open up all my open tabs from my other devices when I looked through them all and saw I had this page open. And from some of your other posts, it looks like you've been having trouble finding answers, so again, sorry your researching has been so frustrating lately.

Okay, first things first: Tutorials.
@lientebollemeis has some tutorials on how to make your own aging and pregnancy span mods and might be able to provide assistance:
https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...w-lifespan.html
https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...gnancyspan.html
In fact, take a look at Lientebollemeis's mods, as the age span you want might be there already.

Lientebollemeis has also helpfully provided template files in the tutorials so you can edit them with SimPE to create your mod. I've edited some aging mods before and, from what I understand about aging mods, you'll need to just enter in how many days you want to have the sim be an elder for. So for your range, you'd put Elder Min as 0 (so theoretically a sim could die upon age up) then the max would be 480. But in the aspiration boosts, you'd put how many days each aspiration level would add to a sim. Those are all the lines that say gold elder bonus or silver elder bonus, etc. So for platinum aspiration, you'd want to give your max bonus, so maybe +400 for that, and then maybe for gold +200. Etc., etc. This means that when sims grow up, they get those extra days added to their span if they grow up in that aspiration level.

If you want the number of days to also be random, I believe you might need Age Duration Hack by Twojeffs for that. If you decide to use Twojeffs' mod, edit that file and update it to have your age lengths (don't use both/two aging mods as they will conflict and whichever loads first will be used).

Finally, if you don't already know, Chris Hatch has a mod to correct the ages of sims once you've installed an aging mod in hood that's already set up and running, and the original post for that is here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...917#post5248917

Now, I'm going to respond to your other post about SimPE, but if you're having trouble, take screenshots so you can explain what the problem is and others can see what's going on and where you might be having trouble. If you @ me, I'll come back to this thread and try to give you some direction, too, if you need.

But since you said this...
Quote: Originally posted by autumnday
Thank you. I downloaded a 5 day pregnancy mod, but every time that I attempt to open the mod in SimPe, nothing is showing up. I am not sure how to access the mod to edit.

Just to be sure, I want to give you some instructions on SimPE layout to make sure that you are not having problems because you don't know what to click on:

First, I'm using SimPE version 73.44, so if your version looks a little different, I apologize but I haven't installed the newer versions. Now, you're going to open Lientebollemeis' template or another aging mod in SimPE and edit that to your liking. If .package files are not associated with SimPE on your computer (and you can set SimPE to open by default when you click on a package file, if you want) then after you open simPE, hit File in the upper left hand corner, then Open, and then navigate to where you extracted the template file and click on it to open it. Make sure you are on Plugin View (there are tabs at the bottom of simPE; Plugin View is the first one).

Now in SimPE, there are two window panes to familiarize yourself with, the Resource Tree, on the left and the Resource List on the right. Also, familiarize yourself with the Reset Layout Button. It's a light blue circle with a red x in its right corner. If for any reason you don't see any of the tabs I'm talking about, or if you accidentally close a tab and can't get it back, hit the Reset Layout Button and the view will restore to default. Now, back to the Resource Tree and List. Basically, the Resource List details all the file's resources, or the parts of the mod. The Resource Tree shows types of resources in the mod. If you click on lines in the Resource Tree, it will filter the Resource List to show you just those types. So clicking on BCON will show you just the BCON files, for example. This is useful when there are many parts of a mod, but this one is fairly simple. Select the Tuning BCON--you'll see it highlight in blue and all the lines you need to edit will appear in the Plugin View. Enter in the ages you want, Commit File, and Save (don't forget to give the file a descriptive name, and if necessary, a version number). Then open up the game and test. You can probably use cheats to age up sims and see if bonuses are being applied correctly.

I've attached some pictures for reference--hopefully they help, but again, if you run into trouble, @ me and I'll see if I can steer you in the right direction.
Screenshots

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Oct 2019 at 2:06 PM
Phantomknight, your response made my morning. Thank you so much. I appreciate the time that you, and many other posters, have spent finding links and writing explanations to help me. Your advice is exactly what I was looking for. I am so excited to get started on my journey to becoming more skilled using SimPe.

Many, many thanks!!!!!
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
@autumnday, I want to apologize because I fully intended to answer this question but after opening a new tab to do so, like, two weeks ago, I forgot all about it! It's only because I randomly decided to open up all my open tabs from my other devices when I looked through them all and saw I had this page open. And from some of your other posts, it looks like you've been having trouble finding answers, so again, sorry your researching has been so frustrating lately.

Okay, first things first: Tutorials.
@lientebollemeis has some tutorials on how to make your own aging and pregnancy span mods and might be able to provide assistance:
https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...w-lifespan.html
https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...gnancyspan.html
In fact, take a look at Lientebollemeis's mods, as the age span you want might be there already.

Lientebollemeis has also helpfully provided template files in the tutorials so you can edit them with SimPE to create your mod. I've edited some aging mods before and, from what I understand about aging mods, you'll need to just enter in how many days you want to have the sim be an elder for. So for your range, you'd put Elder Min as 0 (so theoretically a sim could die upon age up) then the max would be 480. But in the aspiration boosts, you'd put how many days each aspiration level would add to a sim. Those are all the lines that say gold elder bonus or silver elder bonus, etc. So for platinum aspiration, you'd want to give your max bonus, so maybe +400 for that, and then maybe for gold +200. Etc., etc. This means that when sims grow up, they get those extra days added to their span if they grow up in that aspiration level.

If you want the number of days to also be random, I believe you might need Age Duration Hack by Twojeffs for that. If you decide to use Twojeffs' mod, edit that file and update it to have your age lengths (don't use both/two aging mods as they will conflict and whichever loads first will be used).

Finally, if you don't already know, Chris Hatch has a mod to correct the ages of sims once you've installed an aging mod in hood that's already set up and running, and the original post for that is here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...917#post5248917

Now, I'm going to respond to your other post about SimPE, but if you're having trouble, take screenshots so you can explain what the problem is and others can see what's going on and where you might be having trouble. If you @ me, I'll come back to this thread and try to give you some direction, too, if you need.

But since you said this...

Just to be sure, I want to give you some instructions on SimPE layout to make sure that you are not having problems because you don't know what to click on:

First, I'm using SimPE version 73.44, so if your version looks a little different, I apologize but I haven't installed the newer versions. Now, you're going to open Lientebollemeis' template or another aging mod in SimPE and edit that to your liking. If .package files are not associated with SimPE on your computer (and you can set SimPE to open by default when you click on a package file, if you want) then after you open simPE, hit File in the upper left hand corner, then Open, and then navigate to where you extracted the template file and click on it to open it. Make sure you are on Plugin View (there are tabs at the bottom of simPE; Plugin View is the first one).

Now in SimPE, there are two window panes to familiarize yourself with, the Resource Tree, on the left and the Resource List on the right. Also, familiarize yourself with the Reset Layout Button. It's a light blue circle with a red x in its right corner. If for any reason you don't see any of the tabs I'm talking about, or if you accidentally close a tab and can't get it back, hit the Reset Layout Button and the view will restore to default. Now, back to the Resource Tree and List. Basically, the Resource List details all the file's resources, or the parts of the mod. The Resource Tree shows types of resources in the mod. If you click on lines in the Resource Tree, it will filter the Resource List to show you just those types. So clicking on BCON will show you just the BCON files, for example. This is useful when there are many parts of a mod, but this one is fairly simple. Select the Tuning BCON--you'll see it highlight in blue and all the lines you need to edit will appear in the Plugin View. Enter in the ages you want, Commit File, and Save (don't forget to give the file a descriptive name, and if necessary, a version number). Then open up the game and test. You can probably use cheats to age up sims and see if bonuses are being applied correctly.

I've attached some pictures for reference--hopefully they help, but again, if you run into trouble, @ me and I'll see if I can steer you in the right direction.
Alchemist
#4 Old 13th Oct 2019 at 2:59 AM
No problem, @autumnday; I'm happy I could help! I just get the worst feeling when a question I think I know the answer to goes unanswered. Good luck with SimPE and if you run into any problems, let us know. And remember, sometimes getting an answer is about the right people seeing the question or asking it in a different way, so don't give up if you can't figure out how to do something!

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her