Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
#51 Old 4th May 2012 at 10:55 PM Last edited by tizerist : 5th May 2012 at 10:55 AM.
To be honest I think the best way maybe to use a decorative cruise ship and build inside it. This is one from TJStreak.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#52 Old 5th May 2012 at 12:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by zelda101
I'll post more exteriors on here soon, or should I post updates in a different thread? I'm still new here. haha..

As long as you're talking about technical solutions you should be good.
Test Subject
#53 Old 5th May 2012 at 6:52 PM
It looks awesome, but have you looked for historical informations about Titanic, photos are much useful. You have the deckplans, yes?
You need custom content, apropriated windows, doors, furniture and etc. I know the Titanic, and surely, NONE of the The Sims 3 original content serves to built the ship.

Sorry for the bad english, this is not my native language.
Top Secret Researcher
#54 Old 5th May 2012 at 9:33 PM
If you could somehow edit a LN building shell to make it look like different parts of the Titanic, and put them on lots next to each other and then build inside, it could work. The water is a problem though.

Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather.

GTA V
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#55 Old 6th May 2012 at 7:52 PM Last edited by zelda101 : 6th May 2012 at 10:37 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Prskas
It looks awesome, but have you looked for historical informations about Titanic, photos are much useful. You have the deckplans, yes?
You need custom content, apropriated windows, doors, furniture and etc. I know the Titanic, and surely, NONE of the The Sims 3 original content serves to built the ship.

Sorry for the bad english, this is not my native language.

Yeah I have, I've looked at blueprints, photos, and I'm in the process of remodeling the boat deck to more of the real thing. The problem is the ship isn't exactly to scale. I also know about the custom content, I'm actually considering self teaching myself to create CC but that's too much work. The best I can do is search the web for anything close to the real thing.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#56 Old 7th May 2012 at 4:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by zelda101
Yeah I have, I've looked at blueprints, photos, and I'm in the process of remodeling the boat deck to more of the real thing. The problem is the ship isn't exactly to scale. I also know about the custom content, I'm actually considering self teaching myself to create CC but that's too much work. The best I can do is search the web for anything close to the real thing.

I will try to make some patterns of titanic to help you, i have the Virtual Sailor Titanic model, some textures of this will be a lot useful!!

When i'm done, i post here!
Theorist
#57 Old 7th May 2012 at 9:03 PM
Here's a CC Titanic (hood deco)

http://tjstreaksnotsonaughtysims.bl...rs-titanic.html

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Top Secret Researcher
#58 Old 8th May 2012 at 5:19 AM
Now to figure out how to connect the multiple lots inside....

Raising the terrain inside might work, and build on that, and make the segments in between look nice.

GTA V
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 10th May 2012 at 10:35 PM
Zelda - thankyou for opening this up to the community - i have been wanting to work on this for a while but it just seemed too daunting for one person to take on... how would you feel about uploading the grand staircase for us to work on, i think earlier on you suggested doing this and i would be grateful - you have managed the hardest parts but there are a few tweaks i'd love to make... i'm very familiar with the interior of the ship because i used to have this virtual photographic tour CD by James Cameron that had like a 360 degree Google map street view style tour of almost the entire titanic set and you could look at almost every single inch of the ship... i also have the original grand staircase floor tiles as a download to offer... plus i think with some creative wallpapers we could get the "honour and glory crowning time" clock looking pretty good...
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 10th May 2012 at 11:34 PM
also that 'hood Titanic is a great find but the texture is pretty basic - i can't look at it for much more than 2 seconds. even from a distance.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#61 Old 15th May 2012 at 4:05 AM
Default Updates
Quote: Originally posted by dangmal
Zelda - thankyou for opening this up to the community - i have been wanting to work on this for a while but it just seemed too daunting for one person to take on... how would you feel about uploading the grand staircase for us to work on, i think earlier on you suggested doing this and i would be grateful - you have managed the hardest parts but there are a few tweaks i'd love to make... i'm very familiar with the interior of the ship because i used to have this virtual photographic tour CD by James Cameron that had like a 360 degree Google map street view style tour of almost the entire titanic set and you could look at almost every single inch of the ship... i also have the original grand staircase floor tiles as a download to offer... plus i think with some creative wallpapers we could get the "honour and glory crowning time" clock looking pretty good...

Yeah for sure, here's the images of the Staircase lot so far. I havent exported it yet, I'm not sure if the cc will export too, will it? Some of the content is from the store and the rest are free, obv. The lot is about 20x30 I believe.

The dome was the hardest to find and it doesn't even fit! It's about 20% too small (6x) and really high, I'm looking for a dome that could cover 8x8, so it would be helpful if you guys post here if you guys find anything. I really want to try meshing and creating it myself, but I know I will fail miserably. I don't know if I can request this on here, but it would be extremely helpful if someone created it. I substituted the angel statue and light for whatever I could find, and there's no clock.

I will upload the lot onto here sometime tomorrow. These are just pictures for tonight.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#62 Old 16th May 2012 at 7:46 PM
Dome looks perfect!! You did a great job!!
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 17th May 2012 at 9:32 PM
wow! - that really is incredibly good already... there's precious little i can do to it, but the clock - which is functional using a ridiculously easy trick - might make all the difference. Heres a picture of a very early, ludicrously crude test version of honour and glory crowning time (the clock/wall thing).

i can see that yours appears to be eight tiles across from door to door, so one half of the clock ( it is two different wallpapers side by side) would go three tiles in, with the other half next to it. i'll have to move the clock to the bottom of the wallpaper and add the arch, but apart from that - it's basically ready! what do you think?
p.s - here's. a great link that allows you to take a virtual tour of most of the ship, including individual cabins - great to give an idea of space
http://titanic-walk.perso.sfr.fr/tour/TITANIC07_A.htm i've also found a great creator in blender who has already made accurate models of almost everything on the ship - so if anyone knows how to convert blender meshes for use in sims 3, they are already textured, have shadows assigned etc and done so i'm sure he'd share them...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#64 Old 18th May 2012 at 3:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dangmal
i can see that yours appears to be eight tiles across from door to door, so one half of the clock ( it is two different wallpapers side by side) would go three tiles in, with the other half next to it. i'll have to move the clock to the bottom of the wallpaper and add the arch, but apart from that - it's basically ready! what do you think?
p.s - here's. a great link that allows you to take a virtual tour of most of the ship, including individual cabins - great to give an idea of space
http://titanic-walk.perso.sfr.fr/tour/TITANIC07_A.htm i've also found a great creator in blender who has already made accurate models of almost everything on the ship - so if anyone knows how to convert blender meshes for use in sims 3, they are already textured, have shadows assigned etc and done so i'm sure he'd share them...

FINALLY! I've been looking for a creator who can offer models of the ship, we just need someone to convert it to the sims... what kind of things do you think he can offer? I'm looking for a converted model of the dome, and possible the railings and fences for the staircase. And maaybe even the angel statue, mine looks like crap. lol
Top Secret Researcher
#65 Old 19th May 2012 at 8:13 AM
if any of us can find specific models of the items, I don't see why not. Tj streak has a tutorial on converting items, but it may only apply to MFS

GTA V
Test Subject
#66 Old 20th May 2012 at 11:22 PM
Where can I download this. Also I know this seems hard, but maybe you could make a world that is all water with square land just big enough to be covered by the lot. I don't know if that's possible but just a thought.
Lab Assistant
#67 Old 22nd May 2012 at 6:55 PM
14aarram - just go back to the start of this thread and read from the beginning - your suggestion has already been made and thoroughly debated.
Riptide + zelda - this is all dependant on whether this person wants to share their meshes, and whether we have someone on our side to do the conversion. But they are already in blender so I believe it's an easy conversion process. His name is Yannick allen, he is French canadian (i think - he speaks french anyway) and here are his email addresses: [email protected] , [email protected] and here is his website http://eng.titanic3d.ca/index.html . you can even see the objects in blender - everything from deckchairs to plates in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGyPZAcrAq4&feature=plcp . All we need is someone to make first contact.
Test Subject
#68 Old 25th May 2012 at 12:44 AM
Okay. But I would still like to know if there is a place to download the ship yet. I saw that Zelda101 was going to upload it but I couldn't find it anywhere in mts.
dodgy builder
#69 Old 25th May 2012 at 1:26 PM
14aarram you're in the wrong section. This is for technical question. He was still debating those may 18'th. You have to lurke in a corner and wait for the right time.
Sockpuppet
#70 Old 25th May 2012 at 3:29 PM
There are 3 Tiles between the lots that needs to be filled?
Think i can do that, great project sofar guys!
Test Subject
#71 Old 26th May 2012 at 10:28 PM
Default My Titanic
I did the titanic the sims 3 in a few months in actual size
actually did the first two ships got unevenness between batches so I redid the ship alinhadamente more. but I am in need of some objects that you have as respirators, the cherub of the stairs, you could show me where you downloaded?
sorry if there are any mistakes, English is not my language, I am Brazilian!
Thank you!

Lab Assistant
#72 Old 28th May 2012 at 5:21 PM
can you post here the cc you used to create the 1st Class Grand Staircase?
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 28th May 2012 at 5:26 PM
please! I also want to join you, but there isn't enough cc to start
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#74 Old 28th May 2012 at 6:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxonick
please! I also want to join you, but there isn't enough cc to start

Sorry, I can't really tell you because I haven't kept track of my downloads and there's a lot. But I got them mostly from here (mts) and I searched through Sims3updates.net, and the sims 3 store items. But I'll try to list them when I have enough time for it..

Quote: Originally posted by thaymo
I did the titanic the sims 3 in a few months in actual size
actually did the first two ships got unevenness between batches so I redid the ship alinhadamente more. but I am in need of some objects that you have as respirators, the cherub of the stairs, you could show me where you downloaded?
sorry if there are any mistakes, English is not my language, I am Brazilian!
Thank you!

Wow, yours is really big, but it's very wide. The 1st class dinning room isn't meant to be that large I'm pretty sure. I'll post pictures of my version of the room on this edit.
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 28th May 2012 at 6:46 PM

As I'll progress in building Grand Staircase I'll post the screens of what I'll achieve
Locked thread | Locked by: simsample Reason: Please see last post
Page 3 of 6