Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Oct 2004 at 4:57 AM
Default Uploads to the site
Okay... My tank is full. I've reached critical levels and MUST make a news post regarding the uploads I've been having to deal with.

Delphy updated the section to force a person to post a screenshot, I'm hoping that works from now on. There are STILL entries without them. I hope they are old. ¬_¬

Moving on, if you post a house, put how MUCH the house costs in your description. This is just nice, and we may be splitting the houses into other categories and it would be nice to know.

To be blunt, if your submission took you 5 minutes to do chances are it will take under that for me to delete it. I'm attempting to keep a very high standard for this site, I'm not going to approve quick jobs, half attempts, or anything sub-par. Any more cliche's I can toss out?

Also, be VERY thorough when you post something. Don't post something, realize you posted it wrong then just upload it again.

Oh, and taking a 50x100 image and stretching it to 250x500 isn't going to work.

The [color=orange]GOLDEN[/color] Steps to that Platinum glory for posting go something like this:
1. Be 100% sure it's in a final state. Nothing beta, alpha, or gamma.
2. TEST IT. zip it as you'd upload it, unzip it, test it, make sure it's good.
3. Screenshot is VITAL to the initial popularity and impression on users. Be sure it's correct! Make sure it's enough to allow users to know what they're downloading. Make sure the screenshot has a VERY unique name, all the files are in one place, and I don't want anything to clash.
4. Make sure it's of high quality. No first attempts. Those can be posted in the forums for critique by fellow gamers. While I enjoy seeing the creativity, I don't enjoy emailing people who do try, but don't quite hit the mark. I see what's popular on the site and my attempt is to keep the standards high. I'm not an artist, I know this, I don't try to make t-shirts, underwear, or anything else. I have accepted it. :P

And this is for Eve READ THE FAQ

If you found this to be harsh, well, not much I can say. I can't please everyone all the time. I've tried my best for a month to be nice, but stuff is still coming in wrong, from the same people no less!

If you have something of high quality, original, and you would like to share it, by all means, lets see it! Anything that meets those goals and is naughty, goes in the adult section. :D

-Buggi
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 18th Oct 2004 at 5:04 AM
No one ever said being a moderator was easy. No worries. Keep up the good work. Errrr, just don't swing that whip in my direction, please. :D
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Oct 2004 at 5:29 AM
OH, not sure if anyone reads these comments either. But I'll be deleting errors now and emailing the person with a resubmit request.
Test Subject
#4 Old 19th Oct 2004 at 7:18 PM
Being a webmaster myself i sympathize with you guys....

In my opinion there is NO excuse for fumbled uploads...

Check the requirements and SORT IT people..

These guys have a hard enuff time keeping the rest of the site sweet without having to clean up your messy uploads...

Sorry about that... just my 2 penneth! woot!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 19th Oct 2004 at 7:23 PM
quote"I see what's popular on the site and my attempt is to keep the standards high."

By popular do you mean anything involving:
- nudity
- nippels
- sexy
- low-cut, etc
Field Researcher
#6 Old 19th Oct 2004 at 7:44 PM
How long does it usually take to see an upload listed? I uploaded a Sim on the 13th of October, and have yet to see it in the Download area.

If it wasn't accepted, I was not sent anything to that effect, or told what needed to be changed to have it be accepted.

I've read the FAQ and there isn't anything there on what needs to be met.

(I did screen shots of the BS, not in-game, is that alright?)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 19th Oct 2004 at 9:28 PM
One effect of moving downloads to a new category is they seem to lose their comments !dodge

I didn't expect this.
Test Subject
#8 Old 19th Oct 2004 at 10:43 PM
Heh. Yeah, I can see where that would suck. x)
Test Subject
#9 Old 20th Oct 2004 at 2:14 AM
I read about anything I can. It just takes a while to get to everything.