Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Feb 2012 at 10:06 AM
Default Monthly Theme of February - Rock'n'Roll!
Hihi!

The next theme we chose for you from the theme-poll is...

Rock'n'Roll!
Rock'n'Roll lives forever! Now it's time to bring it for your sims :D

How to take part?
Make an Rock'n'Roll!-themed upload. It can be anything - a lot, a sim, clothes, furniture, whatever comes to your mind, as long as it has something to do with the theme.

The upload process goes the way it normally does. You include required pictures, files, information... The only new requirement is that you include some of the following tags to your upload search keywords:
  • "theme-RocknRoll"
  • "RocknRoll"
  • "theme"

How long is the theme active?
The Rock'n'Roll-theme starts today, February 1st 2012 - and ends March 31st 2012.

Have fun with the new theme!

We have also had some really nice uploads on the ongoing theme. Here are few examples, check them out!

ImageCreatorDownload link
Amylet''Grandma's house'' No CC base game
lidiqnata*Lace Dresses for Elders*
daluved1Pumped Up Kicks: Sexy Heels for Elders
CatOfEvilGeniusFunky Swirl Skirts Leaves Skirts 5 New Tanktops - Granny Separates
5 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 1st Feb 2012 at 10:13 AM
That's interesting =D
I try to join if possible =)
Not actually evil.
#3 Old 1st Feb 2012 at 6:42 PM
Does Rockabilly count, or is that considered too different?

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Test Subject
#4 Old 1st Feb 2012 at 7:23 PM
I hope you accept my creation is rock'n'Roll
Test Subject
#5 Old 2nd Feb 2012 at 12:51 AM
I can't wait to see all the creations
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#6 Old 2nd Feb 2012 at 4:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CatOfEvilGenius
I don't see a problem.
"Rockabilly is one of the earliest styles of rock and roll music, dating to the early 1950s."
My trusty source, Wikipedia, lists both Rockabilly and Elvis in same page, and we all know Elvis was the king of Rock'n'Roll
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rockabilly

And after all, these are just themes, inspiration, for funs.
Not actually evil.
#7 Old 2nd Feb 2012 at 6:08 PM
armiel - Thanks for that! Perhaps I'll make something Rockabilly then, if inspiration strikes and time permits.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Test Subject
#8 Old 3rd Feb 2012 at 10:53 PM
That looks and interesting theme, but is it a simple, normal upload with those tags (rocknroll and ect) or do I have to upload somewhere else?
Also, how will you know that I uploaded for this theme? Is it the tags? Sorry if it's a stupid question, I'm just curious.. hehe.. :D
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#9 Old 4th Feb 2012 at 7:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Khaleesi
but is it a simple, normal upload with those tags (rocknroll and ect) or do I have to upload somewhere else?
Also, how will you know that I uploaded for this theme? Is it the tags? Sorry if it's a stupid question, I'm just curious.. hehe.. :D
What do the "rules" say
If you use any of those tags, or all of them, your upload will come up in search results for theme entries. That's all we require for a theme entry, everything else is done by the upload guidelines
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#10 Old 6th Feb 2012 at 7:16 PM Last edited by porkypine : 26th Feb 2012 at 12:57 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by CatOfEvilGenius

Uh-Oh! Are you talking Carl Perkins and Elvis the rock N roll kings of their day and blue suede shoes? Of course they count... :0)

... there goes my idea. lol

... Too late! I already started it!

Race you! "One for the money, two for the show, three to get ready now Go Cat GO!" We're gonna ROck around the clock tonight. We're gonna rock , rock, rock till broad daylight.. ...... just don't step on my blue suede shoes... "

(Shall I date myself and tell you that Elvis's version of Blue Suede Shoes hit the charts the year I was born? )

Edited Feb 25... Well, I found out the hard way that I can't duplicate and UV map mesh parts the same way we did for TS2... grrr... Shadows... Well, I don't love these shoes to want to start all over... Hopefully somone els has done a better job than me.
Test Subject
#11 Old 29th May 2012 at 5:33 PM
naizeeeee
Test Subject
#12 Old 31st May 2012 at 5:47 AM
like this