Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#51 Old 11th Nov 2006 at 6:48 PM
They are adorable! It is a real challenge.
The best advice I have is to start with a bare minimum house on a tiny lot.
A nanny to put the little ones to sleep and get them up and feed them bottles and pick them up does help the parents. If you leave one parent home with the nanny, then you can potty train and help out and still have time to eat and sleep while the other earns some money. If parents have different shifts, you could hire a nanny for the other shift too. If you have enough money, parents won't need a job until the toddlers are children.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 11th Nov 2006 at 7:21 PM
Thought I'd post a picture of my sextuplets. I was silly and made all the girls match, and then put the boy in whatever color wasn't used (orange). And they all have the same pajamas, which means finding out which one is Elise, because she's "skin and bones" and needs fed... or which one smells, or which one is where... it's difficult.

Forum Resident
#53 Old 12th Nov 2006 at 1:40 AM
Yeah..I like to dress mine alike, but different colors too and so I recolored lots of outfits. I finally got the toddler everyday wear uploaded. Here's the link:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=202410

I like your family Euphoria Depression!
#54 Old 12th Nov 2006 at 10:03 PM
Hmmm....this sounds cool. Is there any way you can lose points?
Test Subject
#55 Old 12th Nov 2006 at 10:17 PM
How do you guys get your family all in the same area to post for a picture?

I'm going to go play my sextuplet family again, but I think someone's gonna die or get taken away before they grow into children. Children are going to be SO much easier.

I have no idea how anyone gets all the kids talking, walking, or potty trained. My parents never have the energy, or they're hungry, or they're grumpy...
Forum Resident
#56 Old 13th Nov 2006 at 1:06 AM
No losing points unless they get demoted at work or lose friends.

If they all play in the same room, you might get a pic of them together. Otherwise, use the moveobjects cheat just to take the pictures and go out without saving to return to the way it was before picture taking.
#57 Old 13th Nov 2006 at 2:04 AM
ok, cool!

Here's the Lionheart Family!

(Sorry about all the blue! My finger got clicky-happy!)

You have David and Drey, the happy parents, then, from left to right, you have Devin, and Meagan underneath him, and then Craig, and then Shaya, and then Alya with Kael underneath her.

Is using a blanket that allows Toddlers to curl up on it on their own to sleep considered cheating?
Forum Resident
#58 Old 13th Nov 2006 at 2:31 AM
Yes! It really makes a big difference, not having to get them up or put them in their crib. I know your sims would be a lot happier that way though, so we could have two versions of the challenge - the hard core (absolutely no cheats) and the light version (okay you can use the blankets on the floor).
#59 Old 13th Nov 2006 at 2:52 AM
Hmm....okay....no blankets.....It got sort of crazy cause all the kids needed a bath at the same time! Ok, so...Nanny time, then.....
Forum Resident
#60 Old 13th Nov 2006 at 5:00 AM
The game loves to make things happen all at once. I keep checking the stats and know that 3 are getting close to potty time; but once I start, it seems there are at least 5 that need to go. Good luck with the nanny. I often think I am better off without one. I don't call until the little ones all need to have bottles or all need to go to bed. I hate having her stand around doing nothing.
Test Subject
#61 Old 13th Nov 2006 at 6:50 AM
I can't do it! I already cheated!

Visit my Myspace at http://www.myspace.com/monicav1982
PG-13 (with language) site, just to be warned. :)
"Procrastinate Later"
"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you "
"Bungee jumping--suicide for the unsure!"
#62 Old 13th Nov 2006 at 1:23 PM
Yes you can!

How did you cheat, Monicasim?
Forum Resident
#63 Old 13th Nov 2006 at 1:34 PM
Just start over, if you like.
I spent alot of money making an upstairs for my family, so I had to buy and then sell back everything. At the end of the day, there was no table and chairs and counter - just a frig and a bookcase (because they wanted them), a toilet and tub (no sink), and cribs. I could only afford one nice single bed - so they slept in shifts.

Oh, the pajama recolors have dropped in now:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=203314
Test Subject
#64 Old 13th Nov 2006 at 9:25 PM
I think I'm going to start over. I was remodeling once the kids turned into children, and then the game froze and shut down. Argh! Also, is it cheating if you use moveobjects to delete old bottles to improve the environment quickly? What about if you grow the kids up as soon as they announce their birthday is at 6PM the next day, you know, 24 hours before they're "supposed" to have their birthday?
#65 Old 13th Nov 2006 at 9:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by euphoria_depression
What about if you grow the kids up as soon as they announce their birthday is at 6PM the next day, you know, 24 hours before they're "supposed" to have their birthday?

A good thing to do is only grow up so 4 or 3 toddlers and bring all the others skills up for that one day. Unless thats considered cheating but I think of it more as good thinking.
Forum Resident
#66 Old 13th Nov 2006 at 10:07 PM
It's not cheating to grow them up as soon as possible. And I agree, Brooklyn, grow half up early and work on the other three.
If you have to use "moveobjects on," then it's cheating. So cleaning up dirty dishes must be done by the Sims, maid, or nanny. If you can select the item and delete it, then it's not technically cheating; just manipulating the game.
Test Subject
#67 Old 14th Nov 2006 at 3:56 AM
K well I wanted to start over anyways, so I won't use moveobjects this time around.
Forum Resident
#68 Old 14th Nov 2006 at 3:39 PM
Oh, the terrible, trying toddler years again! *SHUTTERS* All the best to you.
#69 Old 16th Nov 2006 at 1:30 AM
Yeah, I'm gonna start over too. I used the blankets this time around *blushes* Oh well. I didn't really like Drey anyways. He was too *ok, I'm gonna go off and do this cause I have to walk upstairs to get the baby*
Forum Resident
#70 Old 16th Nov 2006 at 1:49 AM
I'm updating my web, so soon you'll see how I did with my toddlers. It is possible to train all toddlers in everything with the help of two smart milk rewards (one for each parent), though as I said before I just concentrate on potty training. (I rarely use a nanny, esp. before my toddlers are potty trained; so the downside is that my family is really poor and the kids all sleep in the cheapest beds.)

I am always looking for ways to be more efficient and I just ignore a ringing phone or walk-by opportunity. I know the game will play havoc with things if everything is going well; like everyone gets really hungry just as the frig needs to be restocked, and everyone needs a bath at the same time even if they have already bathed that day. I usually try to have two toilets because it seems that if I only have one, even if I clean with each use, it will need to be unclogged. And if you only have one tub, it will burst a pipe when someone's hygiene is low. And as I have pets, the very first day the leader of the pack stopped by and dug a hole in the front yard.
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 17th Nov 2006 at 5:46 PM
Well I decided to give this a go since I have been really sick this week and not felt like doing anything else. Man, it was a LOT a work!! They are kids now and let me just say this is the hardest challenge!!!

Meet the Abernathy family

Life with 6 todds (could not make it without nannies!)

LOTS of bladder disasters with the nannies! And the poor kids stayed in low hygeine and energy almost the entire time!

They are kids now, will update on that tonight when I grab pics!

Silk stockings, What bliss they recall,
When love promised all, Forever more . . .
Cole Porter - 1954
Forum Resident
#72 Old 17th Nov 2006 at 6:23 PM
I love little Georgia the best - too cute!
And yeah, that's why I hate the nannies. They only help out when you are working alongside of them. They are forever getting out bottles and rarely picking them up.
I'm glad you made it through the hardest part though. Now it's really smooth sailing.
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 19th Nov 2006 at 1:36 AM
Default Childhood!
Georgia is my favorite too!! :D

Their six todders are CHILDREN now!!! Mom and Dad celebrate! *giggle*

Bare rooms, not much money around with 8 mouths to feed on a daily basis!

A RARE moment when all is peaceful! I try to just make sure they all eat, bathe, and get to a bed every night. Can be so hard!! They pretty much tend to themselves since I have 4 little ovens outside for them to cook for themselves if the parents are too busy. And they STAY in high aspiration, mostly platinum b/c they have loads of wants to play and things with their siblings. Most are already best friends on their own with each other and entertain themselves!

As kids!

Family Portrait

Silk stockings, What bliss they recall,
When love promised all, Forever more . . .
Cole Porter - 1954
Forum Resident
#74 Old 19th Nov 2006 at 3:24 AM
Your bedrooms look as bare as mine, but your beds are nicer and your living room is definately a step up from my empty one. Georgia's still my favorite, but they are all great. Good Job!
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 19th Nov 2006 at 10:27 AM
SilkStocking: Those sims are really pretty! Where did you get the skintones from?

To be, or not to be,
That is the question.
Everyone has a hidden identity!
Page 3 of 12