Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 12:48 PM
Default Firefighters - Love, Like Or Hate?
Mods: I've only firefighter threads I seen are questions about the career, not the career itself.

So what do you all think of the firefighter career. Me, I absolutely love it! So much to do and absolutely fun.

True, there are some hard missions to do. For instance one house, I had to put all the fires out in the windows before I could even get inside to rescue four people... and the whole thing took 11 hours.

But other than that, a lot of fun stuff.

A couple funny things have happened.

One, the house next to mine caught on fire. Just as I was zooming for the house on fire, I saw mine next to it. I was like O.O WHOA!

Also, my child was going over to a friend's house after school and just as they arrived, the garage caught on fire, and my firefighter had to go and put it out! I was laughing about that.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 10th Jun 2010 at 3:19 PM
Im playing the firefighter at the moment - she is upto Assistant Fire Chief. I like it, but its abit repetative. Shes got the horsepower upto 3 or 4 and just keeps maintaining it. When I get called out to the houses I put the fires out, but the sims keep screaming and pulling their hair. When ive checked everywhere to make sure ive not missed anything - they still keep doing it, so eventually I go home, then get a message saying my performance has dropped because I didnt complete the job.

I just had an earthquake, bit weird - wasnt expecting it and my screen started shaking. I had to save 3 sims and calm them down, put out a gasleak and extinquish fires. I got the three sims safely out the rubble, they ran outside freaking out (I couldnt click on the to calm down). I stopped the gasleak (but it wasnt regonised that I had) and put the flames out, and even cleaned up their house and still - poor performance.

Anyone else experiencing similar or can help me?
Field Researcher
#3 Old 10th Jun 2010 at 3:32 PM
You have to click on the panicking sims and select convince to flee.
Alchemist
#4 Old 10th Jun 2010 at 4:22 PM
It's the only new career I've played and it's going to be hard to get me to do something else. I love it so much , I'm not sure if I'll even try any of the other professions.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 10th Jun 2010 at 4:38 PM
Loving it so far, got the firetruck and alarm for home then quite ironically, my sim died by accidental fire. (He was strong, a great inventor and a great fireman...But he didn't know how to cook)
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 10th Jun 2010 at 5:11 PM
The career is cool! The game is much more exciting with alarms ringing and buildings burning. ( I can't wait for an earthquake XDXD)
But I have a question, why are all co-workers women?!??
Test Subject
#7 Old 10th Jun 2010 at 5:24 PM Last edited by RedWolf : 10th Jun 2010 at 5:32 PM. Reason: Made my post clearer.
naomiuk

Had the same problem when i moved my legacy family from Sunset Valley to Twinbrook. I made my firefighter sim quit his job and then get it back, and its worked fine after that. Might be worth a shot?
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 10th Jun 2010 at 5:39 PM
It's pretty slow going at the moment, there don't seem to be many fires at all. Goodwin Ramirez (formerly Goode) has married into my family and is itching to save some sims, sadly only small fires and an air conditioning malfunction thus far.
Alchemist
#9 Old 10th Jun 2010 at 5:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Brutuz
Loving it so far, got the firetruck and alarm for home then quite ironically, my sim died by accidental fire. (He was strong, a great inventor and a great fireman...But he didn't know how to cook)

Oh the irony
Test Subject
#10 Old 11th Jun 2010 at 5:36 AM
I wish someone could mod the ghost hunter career onto the fireman career. It'd be alot more fun having a ghostbuster team and a echo 1 to maintain not to mention a spooky firehouse
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 11th Jun 2010 at 5:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by clsin
why are all co-workers women?!??

One of my sims co-workers is a man.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 11th Jun 2010 at 6:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by clsin
But I have a question, why are all co-workers women?!??

LOL.... I was wondering the same thing during the first game I made, unfortunately I had to un-install, because of constant CTD issues, and lost that save.

This time I am working with a couple women and Juan Darer, he is interesting...LOL!!
Instructor
#13 Old 11th Jun 2010 at 7:33 AM
I played through the firefighter career from level 1-10 last night(the first new career from ambitions that I played) and I enjoyed it. I was getting a promotion almost every day(I think it took me about 11 days including weekends to get to level 10), and I had an event every day(a fire or disaster). It was enough to keep me busy, while allowing time "on the clock" for skill building and maintenance. I hope all the other new careers are as well balanced.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 11th Jun 2010 at 11:59 AM
One of my co-workers is male also. My fire fighter is now at level 10 and the job is pretty nifty I think. You got some dramatic music and you get to actually save people from gnomes, fire and even earthquakes. I like how it's like the real thing, maintaining crap and hanging out waiting for an emergency that may not come.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 11th Jun 2010 at 1:24 PM
My firefighter got her own truck and alarm, and the popup said she could now work from home. Except that the home alarm never rings, only the one at the station. Is it like that for everyone?
Theorist
#16 Old 11th Jun 2010 at 2:51 PM
Right now Firefighter is one of the 2 professions I've tried thus far (he's married to a stylist) he's on level 7-8 and I still haven't found any mission to be really hard, he's only had large/small fires and some building disasters. Is there a major amp in difficulty in the next few levels because putting out small fires which he does autonomously anyway is sorta boring :/

Hi I'm Paul!
Instructor
#17 Old 11th Jun 2010 at 2:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AnnaIME
My firefighter got her own truck and alarm, and the popup said she could now work from home. Except that the home alarm never rings, only the one at the station. Is it like that for everyone?

The firetruck needs to be on your lot too. Use the big parking space under cars to place it and then you can work from home.
Test Subject
#18 Old 11th Jun 2010 at 3:00 PM
I'm still at level 4 or 5 with my fireman sim, but the thing is, I don't have any co-workers :S
I don't even know how to communicate with any of them. And the job is so easy. My sim can stay there all day and not worry about going home and doing the laundry.

And um, how do I maintain/upgrade the fire extinguishers?
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 11th Jun 2010 at 3:19 PM
Love it. I haven't really tried to play any other professions. The truck maintenance is starting to annoy me, but I love the fires and fire missions. Way too many earthquakes though. The first one scared me terribly. LOL

One thing i noticed while fighting fires and rescuing people is that it seems to go much faster when you manually pick what to do versus letting your sim decide.

Now if I can only get my fireman's wife to earn actual money as a gardener, life would be sweet.
Test Subject
#20 Old 11th Jun 2010 at 3:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RedWolf
naomiuk - Had the same problem when i moved my legacy family from Sunset Valley to Twinbrook. I made my firefighter sim quit his job and then get it back, and its worked fine after that. Might be worth a shot?

Tried this and it hasnt worked. I got all my 3 sims out the building by convincing them to run and theyre all stood in the front yard now, still yelling and my work meter not changing. Fires all put out, all doors smashed down, even cleared up and nothing ;(
Typical
#21 Old 11th Jun 2010 at 4:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by j030977
Love it. I haven't really tried to play any other professions. The truck maintenance is starting to annoy me, but I love the fires and fire missions. Way too many earthquakes though. The first one scared me terribly. LOL

Pfft, I haven't experienced a single earthquake yet, and my sim's level 10!
Hopefully I'll get some in the near future *rubs hands evily*
Instructor
#22 Old 11th Jun 2010 at 4:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jeepjeepcat
It's pretty slow going at the moment, there don't seem to be many fires at all. Goodwin Ramirez (formerly Goode) has married into my family and is itching to save some sims, sadly only small fires and an air conditioning malfunction thus far.

Goodwin is one of my favorite Twinbrook townies.

I have yet to actually play the firefighter career yet.
Field Researcher
#23 Old 11th Jun 2010 at 4:51 PM
Is there any way to make the firestation his "home"?

If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 11th Jun 2010 at 6:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by j030977

One thing i noticed while fighting fires and rescuing people is that it seems to go much faster when you manually pick what to do versus letting your sim decide.

Now if I can only get my fireman's wife to earn actual money as a gardener, life would be sweet.

My Sim-bot is level 9 and all I keep getting are house fires, at the beginning I had about three missions that involved going into rabbit holes, but no earthquakes
Test Subject
#25 Old 11th Jun 2010 at 8:49 PM
I love the firefighter career - that Sim is the one I keep going back to play out of all the other careers/professions. He's at level 10 and working on his lifetime wish of saving 30 sims. Unfortunately, in a fit of irritation, I deleted the firetruck out of his inventory. He would always use that one to go to the fires and it was sooooo slow! I didn't realize that he could park it and upgrade it like he did to the truck in the firestation. Doh! He did still have the fire alarm though but I think I stopped the at home emergencies from happening because I didn't realize THAT was in the family inventory and every time he would jump out of bed and try to get to the fire station, I would cancel the action, thinking "He's really got to get a life and stay away from work for a while". Didn't realize at all that he was trying to get to the station so he could respond to an emergency.
Page 1 of 4